PDA

View Full Version : Christmas List

Istari
2008-11-21, 09:24 PM
My friends/family are forcing me to make a christmas list so they have an idea of what to get me. I'm looking for you're advice on what I should put on there. I'm a big turn-based stratagy and RPG fan.

Systems
PC
Wii
Nintendo

Small List of games I like
Oblivion
Advance Wars (Black Hole Rising)
Fire Emble 7&8
Mechwarrior 4
Force Unleashed
SSBB
Titan Quest

I'll answer questions as needed
Thanks for the help in advance:smallbiggrin:

Edit: I listed a couple of my favorites since I can't list all of them and will make another list of ones I've done that have been suggested later

Player_Zero
2008-11-21, 09:35 PM
...We need to know which ones you've played already.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-11-23, 10:02 PM
I haven't really played any modern RTS's, so I can't comment on those. And I don't own a Wii, so I cannot comment on most of the games you listed.

But... if possible you might want to try and get an Xbox 360 this Christmas. Even though it may have been sony's old title, I would say that the 360 is currently, without a doubt, the RPG King.

For western RPG's, you've got:
Fable 1+2
Oblivion + Morrowind
Fallout 3
Mass Effect

More traditional RPG's:
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia

And those are just the main ones I can think of. Although, I think all of those western RPG's I mentioned aside from Fable 2 are also available for the PC. So if your PC is good enough, and those are your kind of games, then maybe just ask for the PC versions. If your PC isn't good enough, it may be time to ask for an upgrade.

Istari
2008-11-24, 03:50 PM
Already have Oblivion but i'll look at those others titles

Vagnarok
2008-11-24, 04:06 PM
As long as you're considering asking for Fallout 3, you should really ask for Fallout 1&2 as well. They can be purchased in a game bundle for about 15 bucks on amazon.
The first 2 fallout games form my favorite series of all time. If you don't like to use your imagination and read a lot though, they might not be for you.

If you do get fallout 1 and 2, make sure to talk to experienced players about what to patch your game with and such before you play!!!