2008-11-22, 12:22 AM
:haley: <3 Elan! <3
:elan: <3 Haley! <3
:haley: Sweetie!
:elan: Darling!
:elan: ssssssmmmmoooooooooccccccchhhhhhh :haley:
[they rush off to a private cabin.]

20 strips later

:elan: Did you do something to your hair?

Scarab83
2008-11-22, 12:23 AM
:elan: <3 Haley! <3
:haley: Sweetie!
:elan: Darling!
:elan: ssssssmmmmoooooooooccccccchhhhhhh :haley:

20 strips later

:elan: Did you do something to your hair?

I'm sure he'll notice when he reaches for a handhold of some kind.. :smalleek:

Ghastly Epigram
2008-11-22, 12:43 AM
I'm sure he'll notice when he reaches for a handhold of some kind.. :smalleek:

...do not want to think about it, do not want to think about it, do not want to think about it...

Warlord JK
2008-11-22, 12:56 AM
That would be so Elan-like. Except, he's developed into a more observant person so he will probably notice the hair first. Then they'll leave and have wild sex :smallbiggrin:.

Euron
2008-11-22, 02:19 AM
...do not want to think about it, do not want to think about it, do not want to think about it...

Give it a few years.

Lord_Butters_I
2008-11-22, 02:25 AM
Give it a few years.

Cartoon sex is one of those rare things that can completely eradicate any vestiges of sanity from a man, and if you've mentally given the OotS human form then there's not much left to eradicate anyway.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-11-22, 02:42 AM
He's right, you know.

Corwin Weber
2008-11-22, 03:46 AM

Already did, already did, already did. :)

And believe me, I can understand the idea. There does come a point where you fully understand the concept of 'do you remember where you were the flinging of my codpiece?'

Scarab83
2008-11-22, 01:20 PM
You cannot unsee something once it's been seen! :smallamused:

Cleverdan22
2008-11-22, 01:40 PM
So, away from the subject of stick figure sex.

I think that at some point in time, V will say something about Therkla to Haley, and Elan will have to defend himself, though they won't break up or anything.

Also, I think the reunion will be very sweet, but like five strips later, Elan will notice Haley's change of hair, probably as a punchline.

Cizak
2008-11-22, 02:10 PM
Here's how I've always pictured it:

*For some reason Elan and Haley ( + Belkar, Celia and Durkon) are in a big battle. The 2 groups (Haley, Celia, Belkar / Durkon, Elan) doesn't know that the other group is there. Suddenly, Elan and Haley bump in to eachother, but back to back.*

Haley(Angry, annoyed): It would be nice if you could try not to bump into me while we're fighting, pal.
Elan(Angry, annoyed): Oh yeah? Sorry, mrs Perfect, I'll try to keep my body away from you.
Haley(Angry, annoyed): Would be glad if you do.
Elan(Angry, annoyed): And maybye you could keep that fat butt away from me too?
Haley(Angry): WHAT did you just say!?
Elan(Angry): I said, keep that fat butt away from me.
Haley(Angry): That's it! I'm going to kick your ass!
Elan(Angry): Bring it!
*They both turn around*
Elan and Haley (while mouths are open): ...
Last panel: *Elan and Haley kissing while the battle just keep going around them.*

Yeah, that's how I've always imagened it. Don't ask me way there's a battle or somethign like that. I just really like the fantasy I'm having. And yeah, it probably looks better in my head than in yours.

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-22, 03:19 PM
Elan eyes Haley at the far end of a dark, damp road, and runs towards her. An evil construct of some sort fires Disintegrate at him, and he collapses, as The Order gather round him and bring him inside Mordenkainan's (Can't Spell) mansion, which is bigger on the inside, as his Ring of Regeneration kicks in and he regenerates...

A cookie to who gets the reference. :smallbiggrin:

Ron Miel
2008-11-22, 03:34 PM
I win a cookie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stolen_Earth)

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-22, 03:36 PM
Indeed you do!

Kaytara
2008-11-22, 03:36 PM
Oh, don't worry, we all have our lame little fantasies about dramatic events to come that are completely unrealistic but are still just too satisfactory for us... Don't we?

I, for example, have this completely awesome vision of the Order reuniting without Vaarsuvius and getting into real, real trouble - preferably falling into the clutches of a cult of vampires who immediately level drain them to within an inch of their lives. They are about to be sacrificed to some random evil god. Durkon, as a cleric and a follower of a Good deity, is chosen first. One of the vampires cackles evilly, points his pointy finger at Durkon and utters the magic word:
"Disintegrat-"
"Counterspell."
The Invisibility spell falls and reveals Vaarsuvius standing in front of Durkon, the elf's finger's buzzing with energy. V recoils momentarily from the backlash, then casts another spell before the vampire can recover. "Quickened Scorching Ray."
"Argh! Counterspell THIS, you pixie! Meteor Swarm!"
"Mislead." Invisible once again, V quickly flies up with the aid of the Fly spell that had been cast several rounds ago, while the deadly missiles speed towards the elf's illusory double.
Ka-BOOM!
"Ha, take that, elf! Wait, where did he-"
"Lightning Bolt!"
zzzZAAAAAAAAAP

So yeaaaah, V basically just flies in and saves the day. It's probably just as well I'm not in charge of the story. :smallbiggrin:

Hydro Globus
2008-11-22, 04:14 PM
Erm... Just to nitpick, a Meteor Swarm would kill the entire Order, drained to level 1... :)

I basically agree with the OP, but with one small change:

:elan:<3 Haley! <3
:haley:Sweetie!
:elan:Darling!
:elan:ssssssmmmmoooooooooccccccchhhhhhh:haley:

20 strips later

:elan:Did you do something to your hair?
:haley:I did something with... - sees her reflection - Crystal! :furious:I'll kill her (again)!

dps
2008-11-22, 09:26 PM
Oh, don't worry, we all have our lame little fantasies

Yeah, and some are lamer than others. :smallbiggrin:

Lord_Butters_I
2008-11-22, 10:54 PM
{Scrubbed}

RosesOnConcrete
2008-11-22, 11:22 PM
For some reason I really like the idea of him jumping through a window or something in the next strip or two and going "Get your filthy paws OFF MY GIRLFRIEND!" and proceeding to kick some ass. :P We haven't gotten to see much of the "chivalrous-badass" angle that seems to be part of that prestige class, and I really freaking want the Order back together again.

And yes, him noticing her hair will be a nifty little punchline.

Lord_Butters_I
2008-11-23, 06:04 AM
For some reason I really like the idea of him jumping through a window or something in the next strip or two and going "Get your filthy paws OFF MY GIRLFRIEND!" and proceeding to kick some ass. :P

Because the OotS can teleport and all.
Face it. 483, 3rd panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0483.html) was foreshadowing. There will not be a reunion.

Kaytara
2008-11-23, 06:07 AM
{Scrubbed}

Why, thank you, we try very hard! :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2008-11-23, 06:08 AM
{Scrubbed}

Well, apparently they like it. I don't see how that's a problem of any of those who don't.

Cizak
2008-11-23, 07:40 AM
{Scrubbed}

Thank you. That means alot coming from someone who can't accet that others might like the comic more than he do.

Cleverdan22
2008-11-23, 08:42 AM
Because the OotS can teleport and all.
Face it. 483, 3rd panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0483.html) was foreshadowing. There will not be a reunion.

Frankly, I find that foreshadowing to be too obvious. I doubt Rich would blatantly state something as big as that. Also, Elan gets a happy ending, and it looks as if he needs Haley for that. Plus, by the end of the comic, the Order will have to reunite, even if its the very last one.

Scatman
2008-11-23, 09:33 AM
Elan already got a happy ending. When he got to blow a whistle.

I also think there won't be a reunion anytime soon.

Cizak
2008-11-23, 09:48 AM
Elan already got a happy ending. When he got to blow a whistle.

Um, how do you consider that an ending? :smallconfused: That was comic 334 and now we're on 610...

[TS] Shadow
2008-11-23, 11:04 AM
It was a "joke." You know, the thing that makes people laugh?

Anyway, it would be like Elan to not notice her hair for a few strips after he reunites with Haley. I'm more interested with how they are going to interact after they reunite. After all, both have changed quite a bit since the Azure City Battle.

rayne_dragon
2008-11-23, 11:14 AM
I could also see this going along the lines of:

Haley: "Elan!"
Elan: "Uh... hi? Have you seen my girlfriend?"

Kaytara
2008-11-23, 11:27 AM
Shadow;5343947']It was a "joke." You know, the thing that makes people laugh?

Anyway, it would be like Elan to not notice her hair for a few strips after he reunites with Haley. I'm more interested with how they are going to interact after they reunite. After all, both have changed quite a bit since the Azure City Battle.

But both have changed, arguably, for the better. Haley's become more sensible and Elan's become somewhat more serious, which makes him easier to put up with and rely on. That shouldn't impede their relationship too much.
If anything, the reunion between Haley and V is likely to be a lot more rocky, especially if the later marches in with a bunch of devils in tow.

Lord_Butters_I
2008-11-23, 06:01 PM
Elan and Haley are both chaotic good. Their happy ending can be in the afterlife.