PDA

View Full Version : Talic V.S. FF practice!

Fan
2008-11-22, 02:40 AM
the map. hopefully.

Map (http://excessivefreetime.org/arena/arena3.html)

I'm starting in the southwest corner sqaure= AN 2.

Talic
2008-11-22, 03:51 AM
http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=5427

Then I shall be Northeast, C31.

I believe we each start with maneuvers readied, and one surprise round prior to match start.

My swift will be to set up a stance.
My standard will be to ready an action.

Initiative: [roll0]

And you are my dodge target, until I state otherwise.

Stats: HP: 225
AC: 39 (Touch 26, Flat 29)
In hand: Dagger with wilding clasp and crystal attached.

Readied action is to activate my cloak upon entering the arena.

Stance: Step of the Dancing Moth

Maneuvers Readied:
Action before thought, Insightful Strike, Drain Vitality, Ruby Nightmare Blade, Bloodletting Strike, Bone Splitting Strike, Shadow Stride, Shadow Blink, Greater Insightful Strike, Diamond Nightmare Blade

Immediately upon entering the arena, I vanish from view. This makes initiative largely irrelevant, unless you ready as well, an action to happen when you arrive in the arena. I am first, you will be second, but I lose my round 1.

You're up.

Fan
2008-11-23, 02:35 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=63059

Intiative:
[roll0]
Starting in An 2 my surprise round actions are as follows.
Substituting my standard action for a move action to pull out my potion of scintalitting scales (Cl 15)
Drinking the potion of scintallating scales as I move transforming my nat armof bonus into a defelction bonus as I move I will go from An2 to AH2(double move actions.)

Stances readied:
Emerald razor strike
Stances prepared:
Emerald razor strike X4
Stats:
Hp: 285
Ac: 35/29T/29 FF
Scintalllitating scales: 150/150

Talic
2008-11-23, 02:37 PM
The actions are technically before we arrive. We have a standard (which can be used to ready something, such as launching into the air)
and a swift, usable for activating stances, and the like.

Fan
2008-11-23, 03:10 PM
Ah, okay I changed it.

Talic
2008-11-23, 03:22 PM
Ok. That puts it to my go.

I'm ethereal right now. So, without further ado... Take 10 minutes worth of actions, unless you can hit me without LOS, LOE, or me being on the same plane of existence. The effect lasts for 10 minutes total, I thought I'd use it all at once.

My Actions:Total time ethereal: 100 rounds. During this time, I will spend the following rounds doing the following:

Round 1: Move: Wildshape (Shambling Mound), Standard: Auto touch myself with dagger. Electricity 1 damage is prevented, gain [roll0] Con temporarily.
Round 2: Move: 10 feet down into the earth. Standard: Auto touch with dagger. [roll1] Con gained.
Round 3-99: Standard: Auto touch self with dagger. Gain: [roll2] Con.
Round 100: Standard: Auto touch self with dagger. Gain [roll3] Con. Move: Move 10 feet up, back onto ground.

Edit: Total Gain: 255 Con. Will go away at a rate of 1 per hour.

Assuming you can't reach me for 10 minutes, I'll appear, in C31, same as before, 100 rounds later. I am in the form of a shambling mound, and holding a dagger.

Done.

[stats]
HP: 2130/2130
AC: 160 (Touch 157, Flat 29)
In hand: Dagger with wilding clasp and crystal attached.

Stance: Step of the Dancing Moth

Maneuvers Readied:
Action before thought, Insightful Strike, Drain Vitality, Ruby Nightmare Blade, Bloodletting Strike, Bone Splitting Strike, Shadow Stride, Shadow Blink, Greater Insightful Strike, Diamond Nightmare Blade

Fan
2008-11-23, 03:38 PM
during those 100 rounds I'm going to activate my eyes of Truth activating its True seeing ability to see you, and then I'm going to use a flying run action to get to C 29 before you move. Then I'm going to enter a deathless raging Frenzy bring my strength up by +10 then I'm going to leap attack charge you for 15 using heedless charge to shift the penalty to my armor class as I miove as a swift action I'm activating my Brute gauntlets to give me a +5 morale bonus to strength.
So, Improved power attack (Fb) increases my power attacking 100% due to errata. Leap attack increases it another 100% for one handed, and 150% for my two handed due to Errata presented within the wizards website. (is considered RAW due to it being issued by the sage.) so that total to be
attack roll (ghost touch weapon so it treats you as if you were corpreal.)
auto hit on everything but a nat 1.
[roll0]
second attack
[roll1]
third attack
[roll2]
damage for all:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
This is against your non amgnified HP.
A

Talic
2008-11-23, 04:21 PM
Problem with that is, when I'm ethereal, the ground ain't solid to me.

I moved into the ground with my round 2 actions. Which happen before yours.

Unless that ghost touch weapon also cuts through 5 feet of arena floor, that attack can't hit me.

As a charge takes at least a full round action, and you're activating a different item, you can't charge before round 2. No matter what.

EDIT: Your actual actions are:

True seeing - 1 round.
Flying Run - 1 round.
Charge - 1 round.

You can't get that charge off before round 3. On round 2, I'm gone. In the floors. And on each of those 100 rounds, I have a move action.

This means that if you manage to hack through 5 feet of earth, my next action is to move 10 feet in a random direction. Next round, do it again.

Unless you can get a round 1 charge (which, by your stated actions, you can't), you can't get there before I move.

Fan
2008-11-23, 04:23 PM
Problem with that is, when I'm ethereal, the ground ain't solid to me.

I moved into the ground with my round 2 actions. Which happen before yours.

Unless that ghost touch weapon also cuts through 5 feet of arena floor, that attack can't hit me.

As a charge takes at least a full round action, and you're activating a different item, you can't charge before round 2. No matter what.
Okay. I attack the soil. I auto deal enough damage to slice through it all. Now I jump into the air, and repeat the above.
Jump check
[roll0]
I need a 20.

Talic
2008-11-23, 04:27 PM
In that case.

Round 3: move 10 feet south, 5 feet down.
Round 4: move 10 feet west
Round 5: move 10 feet south
round 6: move 10 feet south.

Round 99: move 5 feet up.

As the ground blocks LoE for true seeing, you cannot see where I move.

You can't stop the buff. Any time I see air, I move. It cannot be stopped, unless you can go ethereal.

Further, Ground has about 10 HP per INCH of thickness.

If you're slicing through 5 FEET? 600 HP.

You didn't.

The current move pattern will put me exiting I28. Not that your dragon will know that. He can't see where I go.

If you want to play out each of the 100 rounds, I can. But you're not going to hit me through rock, when you can't see me, can't hear me, and can't detect me in any way. On round 100 I am going to be coming up somewhere, and I'm gonna have over 2000 hp, and over a 150 AC.

Fan
2008-11-23, 04:32 PM
In that case.

Round 3: move 10 feet south, 5 feet down.
Round 4: move 10 feet west
Round 5: move 10 feet south
round 6: move 10 feet south.

Round 99: move 5 feet up.

As the ground blocks LoE for true seeing, you cannot see where I move.

You can't stop the buff. Any time I see air, I move. It cannot be stopped, unless you can go ethereal.

Further, Ground has about 10 HP per INCH of thickness.

If you're slicing through 5 FEET? 600 HP.

You didn't.

The current move pattern will put me exiting I28. Not that your dragon will know that. He can't see where I go.

Well, damn then.
Thats stupid I quit I cant get over that,
Next time I'm just going Half red/Half blue/Half black/Half white/Half Bronze dragon.
+40 to strength, and I get to ignore every damage type.
Good game I guess.

Talic
2008-11-23, 04:33 PM
Yeah, my tactic was going to be a greater insightful strike (Concentration x2 to damage) followed by con damage strikes until you died.

EDIT: Please note. This character was an exact response to template stacking. It's not even a severe example of cheese. I could have made a treant that would have done the same damage on round 1, from 300 feet away.

Or the same treant with sundering, to break a ghost touch weapon from ethereal.

There's 1000 ways to break a character, and 100 more to stop charges.

Fan
2008-11-23, 04:52 PM
Yeah, my tactic was going to be a greater insightful strike (Concentration x2 to damage) followed by con damage strikes until you died.

EDIT: Please note. This character was an exact response to template stacking. It's not even a severe example of cheese. I could have made a treant that would have done the same damage on round 1, from 300 feet away.

Or the same treant with sundering, to break a ghost touch weapon from ethereal.

There's 1000 ways to break a character, and 100 more to stop charges.

As I said crazy stupid.
I'm better with Casters than I'am with warriors, and this is really like my 2nd attempt at breaking a meele char.