PDA

View Full Version : [Pirate] Rex Bloodhammer, the People's Hero

Briareos
2006-09-10, 01:20 AM
This space reserved for completion of the following pirate idea:

Rex Bloodhammer, the People's Hero

According to legend, Rex grew up in a coastal town, home to an Imperial Navy shipyard. A carpenter's son, he was from an early age employed to help construction on various warships. All the while, young Rex could not help but realize that the fat admirals and their rich political mentors had everything they could want in life, while the lowly laborers - the ones who built these marvelous craft to whisk them about - starved to death at the hands of their overseers. (Children in all their naivete often have remarkable insights into these issues, do they not?)
Rex, barely twenty but already a respected member of the dockyard crew, hatched a marvelous scheme. He knew that the fast-ship Imperator was near completion, and due to be presented to the High Admiral at the end of the following week. Late one night, Rex led the workers of the shipyard in a glorious uprising, overthrowing the night-watch and sending the fast-ship out to sea under the new name of Inevitable. Rex earned the name "Bloodhammer" because he himself used one of his own tools to smash the skull of the night-watch's guard captain. The bloodstained hammer has long since been replaced with a more effective warhammer, but the name has stuck.
To this day, the Inevitable sails the coastal waters with Rex Bloodhammer at the helm, avoiding capture by Imperial agents and perpetrating daring attacks against the merchant ships that so long held Rex and members of his working class in chains.
Together with his consort, Adelaide of Redfields, and her deadly sickle, he has sworn an oath never to rest until society's wealth has been redistributed . . .

This is my first contest entry, and really, it's my first serious attempt at homebrewing anything. Some of the stats may end up slightly crazy, but to me, it's the flavor that is most important. Thanks for reading, everyone.

Mike_Lemmer
2006-09-10, 06:34 AM
Commies! Soviet Commies, to be precise.

I'll break out the babushkas.

Rolaran
2006-09-10, 07:37 PM
Cool idea, a Robin Hood style pirate.

But if I could bring something to your attention.

...overthrowing the nighfemale genitaliach and sending...

I think putting a space between "night" and "watch" will fix that up for you.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-10, 07:49 PM
Cool idea, a Robin Hood style pirate.

But if I could bring something to your attention.

I think putting a space between "night" and "watch" will fix that up for you.
HAH.

Briareos
2006-09-10, 09:23 PM
Ah, obscenity filters.

I've fixed the problem, though I prefer the hyphenated "night-watch" to "night watch." Hyphenating compound words is always a good idea.

paddyfool
2006-09-12, 02:25 AM
Of course, you could always make your main bloke a two-weapon fighter, and give him both the hammer and the sickle, with the crossed weapons as his emblem against a blood-red background ... or is that taking things too far?

Briareos
2006-09-13, 12:52 AM
I thought of the TWF idea, but yeah, I thought it was a little over the top.
I think having one person with hammer and one person with sickle is also better, because then I've got my idea for a sidekick already made.