PDA

View Full Version : Frenzied Berserker Build

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 12:28 PM
I was looking into the class and thought I build one for fun and might use one in the game we are playing. Its a gestalt game so I thought It would be easyer to make one that dosent kill team mates.

So far its like this:
Race Human
Stats Str:22 Dex:16 Con:22 Int:12 Wis:12 Cha:10

Barbarian6//Fighter1/Human Paragon3/fighter1/La1(mineral warroir)

Feats:
Power attack Fighter bonus
Cleave Flaw
Intimdating Rage Flaw
Destructive Rage Human bonus
Endurance 1st level
Reckless rage Human pargon bonus
Extra rage 3rd level
Iorn will Fighter bonus
Steadfast Determination6th level

Will save should be like 3 or 4 base +6 con +2 iorn will +2 when rageing and +3 when rageing form more con so like +17 to will save?

This is just the build to get up to FB, I also plan on taking Fist of the forest for con to ac. Any help? I think I messed up here some were so if any one can point it out Thanks!

mikej
2008-11-22, 12:40 PM
Since this is gestalt I would try to add in Warblade for the Iron Heart Surge plus other nifty abilities. Usually I prefer Lion Totem variant Barbarian for adding Pounce + Leap Attack the feat for lots of fun.

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 12:41 PM
Well, the build is fine as is, but you might want to dip into 2 levels of Warblade for levels 7 and 8, so you can pick up Iron Heart Surge. That way, instead of investing a lot into will save modifiers, you can just spend Iron Heart Surge to snap out of your frenzy without any save required.

Edit: You're a sneaky fella, Mr. Mikej.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 12:43 PM
I thought it only worked on spells?

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 12:45 PM
"When you use this maneuver, select one spell, effect, or other condition effecting you with a duration of one or more rounds. That effect ends immediately."

Direct quote from the ToB, page 68.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 12:50 PM
Can you use a move like that with in a frenzy? I know while raging you can't use stuff you have to consentrate on, so.....?

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 01:02 PM
Can you use a move like that with in a frenzy? I know while raging you can't use stuff you have to consentrate on, so.....?

"Concentration
Unlike with spells or psionic powers you need not concentrate to initiate a maneuver or stance. Furthermore, if you are injured or affected by hostile spells, powers, or maneuvers while initiating a maneuver or assuming a stance, you don't lose the maneuver or stance."

From page 39 :P No concentration required, ever.

Douglas
2008-11-22, 01:19 PM
From page 39 :P No concentration required, ever.
I don't know, I think the ones that involve making a concentration check might be exceptions to that.:smalltongue:

Iron Heart Surge isn't one of those, though, so no concentration required.

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 01:37 PM
I don't know, I think the ones that involve making a concentration check might be exceptions to that.:smalltongue:

Iron Heart Surge isn't one of those, though, so no concentration required.

I think, by RAW, you can still use the concentration based maneuvers while under the effect of Rage, Frenzy, or similar, you just can't make the actual concentration roll, failing the check. :smalltongue:

monty
2008-11-22, 02:15 PM
I second (or fifth, or whatever) Iron Heart Surge. Remember, no matter how much you boost your Will save, you still fail on a 1.

mostlyharmful
2008-11-22, 02:52 PM
For those groups that don't use ToB you can sub in a team-supplied Grease, the FB goes down straight away. Just hope that your enemies won't think of it, takedowns on a level20 deathmachine by a first level spell is funny but not so much when it happens to you.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 03:05 PM
Cant he use balance?

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 03:09 PM
Cant he use balance?

No, sir. Balance is a dex based check, which is not accessible in a Frenzy, so everytime he would try he'd just fall flat.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 03:16 PM
Its not allowed in frenzy? I know its allowed in rage.

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 03:18 PM
If memory serves, Frenzy goes further than Rage does, and denies you the ability to make dex checks and dex based skill checks.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 03:27 PM
So they cant use any of those rolls or they cant add there ranks and modifires to them?

Aneantir
2008-11-22, 03:34 PM
So they cant use any of those rolls or they cant add there ranks and modifires to them?

Can't use em, at all, while frenzying. :smalltongue: It's quite unfortunate.

Yukitsu
2008-11-22, 03:35 PM
That's how my wizard beat the frenzied berserker. A bag of marbles.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 03:37 PM
Cant you jump from there tho? You dont have to be standing to jump and with that high str and ranks in jump you chould make it.

Yukitsu
2008-11-22, 03:42 PM
Depends on what you think is an appropriate level of strategy for a frenzied berserker, and it also depends on whether or not you think standing jump constitutes movement. We ruled that it was an unlikely thing to try at the time, since the roof was low, nor was the berserker very smart, even at the best of times.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 03:49 PM
Mines got a int of 12 so I would think he would think of jumping out of the thing he cant walk on.

FMArthur
2008-11-22, 04:00 PM
Jumping should leave you just as prone as trying to stand. Even if you could make a balance check, I'd rule that the DC for jumping while in grease is higher than just standing or walking.

Can you crawl, though?

wadledo
2008-11-22, 04:06 PM
I think the idea was to have the barbarian writhe around on the floor in a pool of oil, until he exhauseted himself from trying to kill the floor.
Jumping over the grease seems to be reasonable, as well as, say, jumping over a pit, or a moat.

Yukitsu
2008-11-22, 04:08 PM
Jumping should leave you just as prone as trying to stand. Even if you could make a balance check, I'd rule that the DC for jumping while in grease is higher than just standing or walking.

Can you crawl, though?

Some people rule that way, others rule the other way for sake of pity. I bet it's in the rules somewhere, but frankly, I don't really want to wade through to find it for a class I'll never play.

You can indeed try to crawl, but it also requires a bit of DM adjusting. Is it "still trying to move, but you now count as quadraped?" or is it simply a fool proof yet slow method of moving?

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 07:35 PM
Meh I was just thinking a guy falling down in it then pushing with his hands and feet jumping at some one. Would iorn heart work on grease? Edit:When you jump if you have ranks in it you land on your feet. If not then you have to beat the dc by 5 or you land prone.

FMArthur
2008-11-22, 09:53 PM
Meh I was just thinking a guy falling down in it then pushing with his hands and feet jumping at some one.

...which slip uselessly along the near frictionless surface. Grease should give jumping while standing a large penalty and jumping while prone an epic-sized penalty. I'd rule they can crawl only for the sake of pity; it would still be a hellish ordeal to even crawl off the area in a single round's time.

Demons_eye
2008-11-22, 10:45 PM
It would be easy to do really. Stick sword into ground and push off of it would be even easyer if you were useing a pole or ax. Str of 22 rage then frenzy for 34(+12) land speed of 60 (+12) jump ranks +10. At level 7 that 34 if I really want to push it boots for +5 to jump and +4 from 10 land speed grab 1 level of warblade for iorn heart and leaping tigger stance for +10 jump and no need to run. If I could not make the jump then iorn surge it.

Hal
2008-11-22, 11:48 PM
It would be easy to do really. Stick sword into ground and push off of it would be even easyer if you were useing a pole or ax. Str of 22 rage then frenzy for 34(+12) land speed of 60 (+12) jump ranks +10. At level 7 that 34 if I really want to push it boots for +5 to jump and +4 from 10 land speed grab 1 level of warblade for iorn heart and leaping tigger stance for +10 jump and no need to run. If I could not make the jump then iorn surge it.

I still prefer Hundred Acre Thicket of Blades, myself.

The wonderful thing about Tiggers,
Is Tiggers are wonderful things . . .

Demons_eye
2008-11-23, 12:44 AM
Hmm whats that? Sounds fun.