2008-11-22, 01:32 PM
Warlock Variant - Eldritch Blade
Hit-Die: d8
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple, Marital
Skill Points: 2
Str: Jump.
Con: Concentrate.
Int: Craft, Know(arcana), Know(the planes), Spellcraft.
Wis: Profession, Sense Motive.
Cha: Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, Use Magic Device.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Invocations Known
1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Eldritch Strike +1d6, Invocation - Least, Eldritch Energy|1
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Detect Magic|2
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Eldritch Strike +2d6, Damage Reduction 1/Cold Iron|2
4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Decieve Item|3
5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Eldritch Strike +3d6|3
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+5|Invocation - Least or Lesser|4
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+5|Eldritch Strike +4d6, Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron|4
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+6|Fiendish Resilience 1|5
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+6|Eldritch Strike +5d6|5
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+7|Energy Resistance 5|6
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+7|Eldritch Strike +6d6, Damage Reduction 3/Cold Iron, Invocation - Least, Lesser, Greater|7
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+8|Imbue Item|7
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+8|Fiendish Resilience 2|8
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+9|Eldritch Strike +7d6|8
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+9|Damage Reduction 4 /Cold Iron|9
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+10|Invocation - Any|10
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|Eldritch Strike +8d6|10
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|Fiendish Resilience 5|11
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11|Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron|11
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+12|Eldritch Strike +9d6, Energy Resistance 10|12[/table]

Eldritch Strike +Nd6 – As part of a full attack or during any standard attack, you may imbue your weapon with eldritch power that does an additional +Nd6 damage on a successful hit (no save, SR applies) (½ damage to objects). Some Invocations add additional effects which allow a save, which is Charisma-based and can be increased with Feat: Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast) (It works on either Eldritch Strike or Eldritch Blast). One 'eldritch essence' Invocation and one 'Blast Shape' Invocation may be applied to any one attack during a full attack, or any standard attack (assuming the Warlock knows any); doing so will change the Eldritch Strike's Effective Cater level (default is 1st). During a full attack, you must declare which attack to apply the Eldritch Strike to before attacking. If multiple targets are threatened during an attack, choose one attack to apply the Eldritch Strike to. All Eldritch Essence abilities have no effect if the attack misses.

Invocation – Invocations are Spell-Like Abilities. Unlike most Spell-Like Abilities, Invocations have Somatic (and in a few cases, Verbal) components. Arcane Spell failure of Medium (and heavier) Armor & Shields apply. Invocations are activated as a Standard Action and can be used an unlimited number of times per day. At 1st level, only Least Invocations may be learned. At 6th level, you can learn any Invocation from the Least or Lesser list. Whenever a new list of Invocations becomes available, you may change one Invocation that was learned at an earlier level. Any Eldritch Essence or Other Invocation from the normal warlock list of invocations may be taken. All Blast Shape Invocations must be taken from the list below.

Elritch Energy: You have an Eldtich Energy Reserve point total (per day) equal to (your Eldritch Striker level + 1) x (your Charisma modifier). Whenever you perform an Eldritch Strike, you must expend one Eldritch Energy point per 1d6 of extra damage. You may perform an Eldritch Strike with less than maximum Eldritch Strike extra damage (Minimum 1d6). Whenever you use an Eldritch Essence or Blast Shape power on your Eldritch Strike, you must use your Eldritch Energy Reserve according to this table.
Blast Shape or Essence Type|Extra Points Spent
Least|1
Lesser|2
Greater|3
Dark|4
If you miss with an Eldritch Strike, you recover Eldritch Energy points equal to half the total initially spent (rounded down).

Deceive Item – You may always "take 10" when making Use Magic Device checks.

Fiendish Resilience N – Gain 'Fast Healing N' for 2 minutes. Usable 1/day. Activated as a Free Action.

Energy Resistance N – At 10th level, choose two Energy Types from the following list: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, & Sonic. Gain Energy Resistance N against those two energy types. The resistance to the two chosen energy types improves at 20th level.

Imbue Item – You can create magic items based on spells you cannot cast. You must take the appropriate Item Creation Feat and then make a Use Magic Device check vs. DC 15 + Spell level for Arcane spells –or– DC 25 + Spell level for Divine spells.

FeatsEldritch Guidance
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Eldritch Strike +1d6
Benefit: When making a power attack, you may expend Eldritch Energy in the place of accuracy. For each Eldritch Energy Point spent, you gain a +2 to hitting (maximum bonus equals the power attack penalty).

Extra Eldritch Energy
Prerequisites: Eldritch Strike +1d6
Benefit:You gain a number of Eldritch Energy points equal to 2 x (Your Eldritch Striker level).
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Potent Essence
Prerequisites: Eldritch Strike +3d6, Ability to use Lesser Invocations
Benefit: You may expend extra Eldritch Energy when you use an Eldritch Essence Invocation. The Save DC of your of the ability increases by twice the number of points expended.
Special: The maximum bonus to the save DC equals your Charisma modifier.

Twin Essence
Prerequisites: Any two Eldritch Essence Invocations
Benefit:You may apply two Eldritch Essence Invocations to one Eldritch Strike. Calculate the number of Eldritch Energy points spent normally, except the number of points spent to gain the second ability is multiplied by 1.5 (round up).
Special: If you are using the Double Eldritch Strike Blast Shape and Twin Essence and both attacks hit, the DC bonus applies to both abilities. If you are using both Twin Essence and
Potent Essence, you may apply the bonus to both abilities at no extra cost.

Eldritch Power
Prerequisites: Eldritch Strike +6d6, any two Eldritch Striker feats
Benefit: When you hit with an Eldritch Strike, you may triple the Eldritch Energy cost. The attack is a critical hit. Apply the weapon's critical multiplier to your Eldritch Strike Bonus damage, and the DC for any Eldritch Essence ability (If you are using Twin Essence, this bonus applies to both Invocations.) is tripled. If your opponent is immune to critical hits, you may still use this ability. Your weapon deals normal damage, but your Eldritch Strike damage and Eldritch Essence DCs still receive the benefits of this feat.

Blast Shape InvocationsLeast:
Eldritch Flurry - When making a single attack, make one extra attack. Both attacks you make receive a -2 penalty. You may apply Eldritch Strike to to both attacks. If both attacks hit, apply your Eldritch Strike bonus damage and Eldritch Essence ability to one.
Lesser:
Eldritch Reach - Your reach triples (For this attack only. You may not use this Invocation to make attacks of opportunity).
Greater:
Double Eldritch Strike (This Blast Shape may only be used during a full attack made with two weapons): You may apply an Eldritch Strike to one attack of each weapon. If both attacks hit, the opponent must make only one save for the Eldritch Essence Invocation, but the saving throw's DC is increased.
Increase by 1 for Least Invocations
Increase by 2 for Lesser Invocations
Increase by 3 for Greater Invocations
Increase by 4 for Dark Invocations
Dark:
Eldritch Storm (This may only be used during a full attack.) - Your reach triples. (For these attacks only.) Make a standard attack against every foe in range. Apply the bonus Eldritch Strike damage to each foe. Each foe must make a saving throw for your Eldritch Essence ability. Every attack is made at your Highest Attack Bonus.

Zeta Kai
2008-11-22, 01:40 PM
Here's a sample table, so you can see how it's coded:
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Reflex Save|Will Save|Special
1st|||||
2nd|||||
3rd|||||
4th|||||
5th|||||
6th|||||
7th|||||
8th|||||
9th|||||
10th|||||
11th|||||
12th|||||
13th|||||
14th|||||
15th|||||
16th|||||
17th|||||
18th|||||
19th|||||
20th|||||[/table]

Here it is again, without the parsing, so that the code is visible:
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Reflex Save|Will Save|Special
1st|||||
2nd|||||
3rd|||||
4th|||||
5th|||||
6th|||||
7th|||||
8th|||||
9th|||||
10th|||||
11th|||||
12th|||||
13th|||||
14th|||||
15th|||||
16th|||||
17th|||||
18th|||||
19th|||||
20th|||||[/table]

I hope that this helps.

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-22, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I was editing it. Thanks for your time.

I ended up going to the SMBG and quoting to figure it out.

It's done now.

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-22, 04:28 PM
So, if I'm reading this right, you'd expend 9 Eldritch Points to deal 9d6 damage? Is that per attack, or per round?

Interesting, but you run the risk of the EB running out of power pretty quickly. A level 20 EB with 18 charisma gets 84 points a day: To use his full power, he'd have spent it all in 9 rounds. One of the appeals about the Warlock is that he can keep blasting all day long.

Maybe it's just me. This guy sounds like he'd be perfect for a Two-Weapon Fighting Build...

Wreckingrocc
2008-11-22, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that's why Charisma is really important.

Actually four and a half rounds if he uses Dark Eldritch Essence and Blast shapes... Let alone the feats...

However, when you look at races like pixies half-fey, deathtouched, and half-fey deathtouched, they get huge charisma bonuses really quickly. If you factor in the gear and tomes, you can get tons of points... Then you can use something like True Strike and throw on Eldritch Power... You get a HUGE crit. If you're using a scythe or pick, you get +36d6 damage to your hit.

I made the DC triple so that it essentially effects everyone automatically unless they have an immunity.

I made the point system specifically so that you can't just keep blasting.

It's rogue-speed progression with full BaB, two good saves, and moderate hit die.

That'd be just ridiculous.

It also lets you make some pretty cool builds. I whipped up an EB/Spellthief one time. The charisma helps them both, they get tons of damage when they leap from their invisibility and attack, they get good power attack... I had him using a 2H weapon, and I took the leap attack feat. My 6th level Gestalt could turn invisible, then find a good hiding spot. He then casts true strike and charges the next turn. The true strike replaces the BaB loss from a full power attack, and I slap on 36 damage to my standard. I deal 3d6 Eldritch Strike, 2d6 sneak attack, I could steal their spells and abilities, and I could blind them, without risk of missing.

The Spellthief also makes up for the Eldritch Blade's lack of skills, and the Other Least Invocations provide +6 to three skills.

The extra Invocation feat is amazing for 6th level warlocks... It's essentially 6 Skill focuses.

I really liked the build, though.

I need more Blast Shapes, if anyone wants to suggest any.