PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Two Weapon Fighting

StoryKeeper
2008-11-22, 01:59 PM
Quick, I need help! We're about to sit down to play 4e, but I can't find the rules for fighting with two weapons! Can someone point me in the right direction.

ColdSepp
2008-11-22, 02:05 PM
Only rangers (PHB) or Tempest Fighters (Martial Power) Get powers that use two weapons. As such, there are no feats like you are used to in 3.5.

Any PC can wield two weapons, but as a general rule they can never attack with both. I think there are some items in the AV that allow it rarely, but they aren't worth it.

Everything is through powers, in 4E, and only the two I mentioned have powers that work with two weapons.

Inyssius Tor
2008-11-22, 02:19 PM
Page 215, I think. You can wield a one-handed weapon and a light weapon if you have two hands and are not holding a shield in either of them--or two one-handed weapons if one of them has the Off-Hand property. You can make your attack with either one; no penalties.

RTGoodman
2008-11-22, 02:26 PM
As Coldsepp said, only Rangers and Tempest Fighters (MP) get powers that let them attack with two weapons, but other classes can still WIELD two weapons.

The TWF feats in the PHB gives you, I believe +1 damage while dual-wielding (TWF), +1 AC while dual-wielding (TWDefense) and I think something else. There's also a new Ranger [Multiclass] feat in Martial Power (Two-Bladed Warrior) that lets you wield two weapons as a Ranger would, meaning you can wield any one-handed weapon in your off-handed regardless of whether or not it has the Off-Hand property.