PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft in the Playground

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lord Herman
2008-11-22, 05:27 PM
Starcraft
in the Playground

Main Thread | Nominations | Polls

Welcome to Starcraft in the Playground, the twenty-ninth ...in the Playground contest. This contest was about Blizzard's famous RTS, Starcraft. The categories were the three playable races in the game: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss.

Terran in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_TerranGold.png
Although he was third in the nominations, Dirk Kris wins gold in the polls with 14 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_TerranSilver.png
With 10 votes, Duos gets the silver trophy for Terran in the Playground.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_TerranBronze.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
Raroy got 8 votes, and wins a bronze trophy and a Magtok Award.

Zerg in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ZergGold.png
With a whopping 25 votes, The Orange Zergling wins Zerg in the Playground!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ZergSilver.png
Cynan Machae wins silver with 7 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ZergBronze.png
With 5 votes, Lord Asmodeus ends third.

Protoss in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ProtossGold.png
Murska wins the gold trophy with 18 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ProtossSilver.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
with 11 votes, Archonic Energy wins silver and a Magtok Award.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Starcraft_ProtossBronze.png
FF fanboy got 7 votes, and gets the bronze trophy for Protoss in the Playground.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-22, 06:33 PM
Could I nominate Murska for Protoss in the playground?

Duos
2008-11-22, 06:36 PM
Greetings, fellow playgrounders! The Terran Dominion wishes to convey upon you the privilege to vote for Duos! He is the model Marine, fighting valiantly for the glory of humanity against the evil scourge. He is the brave Firbat, countering an unfair zergling rush. He is the stealthy Ghost, slipping behind enemy lines to end conflicts with a pinpoint nuclear strike. He is a paragon of order and military efficiency. He is the eidolon of humanity in all of us. He knows the attack range of a vulture (five). He know which SCII unit was scrapped after it's imressive take-down of a Thor in the demo(Cobra). He knows the best counter for a zealot rush (Firebats). Not only that, but his main Town/ACRONYM character is a Terran Marine! Duos is everything that the Terrans stand for-he is disciplined, respectful, and orderly. He fights bravely for the glory of humanity, and he will selflessly sacrifice himself to further that goal. He has the experience-he's been in many a pitched battle for humanity's future. He has the technology-new innovations are being cooked up in his lag daily. If elected Terran ITP, he will cleanse the universe of the evil Zerg scourge, and drive the secretive Protoss back to their homeworld. So nominate Duos for Terran ITP! Or it's off to the Re-Soc vats with you!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 06:41 PM
Vote for my for Zerg in the playground, because as Lord the Nine Hells, I have experience controlling lesser creatures toward a common goal, and with evolving my forces to fit situations. I would be a better Overmind than the original! As Zerg ITP I promise you no live in the galaxy, nay, the whole UNIVERSE will be free of my power! Under my ruthless mind, the Zerg shall expand and conquer all, joining all life in a glorious tablaeu of genetic perfection, billions of strands of DNA, each from a seperate species or race or animal, all working in unison to crushing all those that stand in my path! And I have a fair bit of skill controlling the groove (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKeGwOKr7K8) if I do say so myself... and I DO! OBEY THE OVERMIND, LORD_ASMODEUS FOR ZERG ITP!

Now, you may be asking yourself: Why should I vote for Lord_Asmodeus for Zerg ITP, and despite the obvious fact that I just told you why, and you had better or I'll send zerg to kill you, I think it's an honest question and deserves some answering, before of course I subsume you into the hive and put you to a greater purpose than your own. Now, who do you think would make for better zerg? I mean honestly, domination is my game, Biological or otherwise I'm just a superior specimen, and under my leadership, which it WILL be, the Zerg will become an unstoppable force like never before! Now I'm sure my opponents will say they can do this better than I but I say, SILENCE FOOL OR I'LL CRUSH YOUR BONES! Which of course means, despite how good you may be, I doubt you could do a better job than the Tyrant of the Hells himself. And Kerrigan? Please, she may be the "Queen of Blades" and she's impressive, I'll admit, but she doesn't hold a candle to the King of Domination! With my mind at the head of the Zerg, the foolish protoss and the flailing Terrans won't know what hit them, and with their DNA added to the whole, I shall spread the glorious Zerg presence across the universe, and will move on to all universes in turn. Under my leadership, even the supposedly mighty Tyranids will fall! Yes, with me at the head, I will conquer the 40k galaxy, and add it's power to that of the Hive! Vote for Lord_Asmodeus, make the right choice for the Hive, because remember, a vote for Lord_Asmodeus, is a vote for you! (literally, with the way Hive Minds work and all)

Fan
2008-11-22, 06:49 PM
Entaro my fellow play grounders.
I have come to inform you that I'm running for Protoss in the playground.
I myself have been a fan of the Protoss ever since I was a young boy of 7 playing it on my N64 game system, and own many of the books my favorites being the Dark Templar Trilogy. I'm running for Protoss itp because I have been openly defending them ever since I was a pixie on these boards discussing them in "The Covenant V.S. The Protoss ." Thread in media discussion last year with Lord Vader, and Emperor Tippy. I have also taken the society of the Protoss, and fleshed them out from the beginning in a recent god game you may have all seen called "Gods of a New star" which is a derivative of a game called "Gods of Glass." in both of those games i nurtured these Protoss, and even created a council of high exectutars to guide them. In both of those games I stayed true to the Protoss motto of pure blinding hatred of their enemies, and loyalty to their comrades.
So, vote FF FANBOY Protoss itp. He embodies the spirit of Adun better than any!

Darkcomet
2008-11-22, 08:07 PM
Nominate Duos for Terran itP! He makes me want to reinstall Starcraft even though I suck at it!

Murska
2008-11-22, 08:49 PM
Waít WHAT? FOR AIUR! I AM IN FOR PROTOSS IN THE PLAYGROUND! :smallbiggrin:

Raroy
2008-11-22, 08:57 PM
Well, I'm the most active Terran in the Gitp starcraft gaming group (sometimes I feel like I'm the only T). I go out there every week and play my best. Sure I get run over time and time again but, I'm out there, ya know. I try to get better, I kinda have, I may not be able to stand up against all the others but at least I can stand up.

So, vote for me, if you want to.

Also, I nominate Murska for Protoss in the playground.

Fan
2008-11-22, 09:00 PM
Waít WHAT? FOR AIUR! I AM IN FOR PROTOSS IN THE PLAYGROUND! :smallbiggrin:
Says the guy with Champion of the Zerg Trophies in his sig.:smallamused:
Also
Have you ever read the Dark templar trilogy, bought Starcraft 2 yet? I have. Played as a god of the Protoss twice in the past 45 months, and lead them to victory even at the cost of my own life?
Also did you know that a Protoss zealot is so powerful Psionicly that he can read the thoughtsd of his own opponents mind before they decide to act on them thus allowing him to dodge even light speed weapons?
So, HONOR THE OLD HOME WORLD OF AUIR! FF FANBOY FOR PROTOSS ITP!

Murska
2008-11-22, 09:05 PM
Says the guy with Champion of the Zerg Trophies in his sig.:smallamused:
Also
Have you ever read the Dark templar trilogy, bought Starcraft 2 yet? I have. Played as a god of the Protoss twice in the past 45 months, and lead them to victory even at the cost of my own life?
Also did you know that a Protoss zealot is so powerful Psionicly that he can read the thoughtsd of his own opponents mind before they decide to act on them thus allowing him to dodge even light speed weapons?
So, HONOR THE OLD HOME WORLD OF AUIR! FF FANBOY FOR PORTOSS ITP!

I'm not going to start comparing stuff like that. I'm a Starcraft player, with protoss, pure and simple. Do you know the build order for forge first? Do you know what's the One-Horned Devil? Do you know what's the unit quote for Dark Archon? How many interceptors does an unupgraded carrier hold? How do you clone probes?

And about my trophies, did you know it was me who campaigned for the addition of Protoss into LOZ? And who actually succeeded?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 09:08 PM
How many clicks it takes to explode the sheep-like animal. :smallbiggrin:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 09:13 PM
I'm not going to start comparing stuff like that. I'm a Starcraft player, with protoss, pure and simple. Do you know the build order for forge first? Do you know what's the One-Horned Devil? Do you know what's the unit quote for Dark Archon? How many interceptors does an unupgraded carrier hold? How do you clone probes?

And about my trophies, did you know it was me who campaigned for the addition of Protoss into LOZ? And who actually succeeded?

LOZ...?

I'm terrible with acronyms >.<

Murska
2008-11-22, 09:17 PM
How many clicks it takes to explode the sheep-like animal. :smallbiggrin:

There aren't any sheep-like animals. But they do explode.

Oh, and @^ LOZ = Life of a Zergling. Series of games run by Shadowcaller.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 09:18 PM
Man I'm so out of "the loop" that sounds like something I would enjoy very much >> >>

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 09:20 PM
:smallannoyed:I was ganged up on last time.

The Orange Zergling
2008-11-22, 09:50 PM
I would like to announce my bid for Zerg ITP.

Why should you vote for TOZ for Zerg ITP? He's had "Zergling" in his name and some kind of Zergy avatar for the greater part of 2 years, he regularly participates in the Starcraft-GitP sessions (his main race is Zerg, too), and one of his old Town characters even had a Zergling for an animal companion. Of course, this entire electoral process is futile as the Cerebrates and Overmind can simply shatter your weak mind and wrest control of your bodily actions, forcing you to vote for TOZ. But I'm supposed to play fair, whatever that's supposed to mean.

In closing, a vote NOT for TOZ for Zerg ITP is a vote for being Zergling-rushed into oblivion. Thank you.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-22, 10:04 PM
I fully support FFF for PORTOSS in the playground. However I support someone who can spell for Protoss in the playground!I keed I keed

Says the guy who spells Razor Raiser, and Blade with a 1 >.> <.<

as do I...

Fan
2008-11-22, 11:28 PM
I fully support FFF for PORTOSS in the playground. However I support someone who can spell for Protoss in the playground!I keed I keed
Lol. You got me Raiser B1ade. I'll change it.:smallsmile:

Fan
2008-11-22, 11:41 PM

The clone probe thing is obviously a game glitch, the carriers can have 6 interceptors, and prechance the worst, and most over priced unit due to Interceptors only dealing a maximum of 1 damage to a ultralisk (UNunpgraded.), and then it takes 2 passes with them to take out a 3 armor zergling with the maximum 8 (upgraded) intercpetors.
Also the dark Archon quote is something that I cant quite understand due to having ultra crappy sound on both my 12 year old T.V, and my ancient speakers.
Alas the woes of the Poor man.

Murska
2008-11-22, 11:48 PM
The clone probe thing is obviously a game glitch, the carriers can have 6 interceptors, and prechance the worst, and most over priced unit due to Interceptors only dealing a maximum of 1 damage to a ultralisk (UNunpgraded.), and then it takes 2 passes with them to take out a 3 armor zergling with the maximum 8 (upgraded) intercpetors.
Also the dark Archon quote is something that I cant quite understand due to having ultra crappy sound on both my 12 year old T.V, and my ancient speakers.
Alas the woes of the Poor man.

Eh. Cloning probes refers to sending your four initial starting probes at different mineral patches to make resource gathering faster.

Carriers have 4 interceptors before upgrade, 8 after. Carriers are one of the best units, even if costly, since fully upgraded it does 8*9 damage to multiple targets while being almost impossible to damage. If an unupgraded interceptor(6dmg) shoots at an unupgraded ultralisk(0 armor, actually) it does 6 dmg. It does 1 only if the interceptor is unupgraded and the ultralisk has max upgrades.

DA quote: "Adun save me!"

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 11:50 PM
carriers are ok. scourges kill them easily though. I prefer to go the dragoon route.

but i'm normally a terran player. ghost + nukes = awesome :smallcool:

Cynan Machae
2008-11-22, 11:51 PM
I will surely go for Zerg in the Playground, will go for some campaigning speech later :smallsmile: Just so other Zergs know they stand no chance beforehand :smallcool:

Edit: My campaigning speech follows:

Only one can be chosen to represent the driving force behind the collective mind of the Swarm. Only one can control this collective conscioussness, only one can bring this unity of mind to the purest race known.

So I am presenting myself as a candidate for the Zerg in the Playground. Why should you chose me? First of all, I’m quite certain that my experience as a Zerg Cerebrate outclasses any of the other candidates. Not only I’m still leading the Swarm to further their quest of perfecting their genetic code each week at the GitP SC sessions, but I’ve formed other Cerebrates, linked them to the hive mind, and made them understand how to respect the will of the Swarm. Anyone doubting the strength of my Brood is free to issue me a challenge.

In order to better the genome of the Swarm and assimilate other species, you have to vote for me for Zerg in the Playground. I live for the Swarm!

Fan
2008-11-22, 11:51 PM
Eh. Cloning probes refers to sending your four initial starting probes at different mineral patches to make resource gathering faster.

Carriers have 4 interceptors before upgrade, 8 after. Carriers are one of the best units, even if costly, since fully upgraded it does 8*9 damage to multiple targets while being almost impossible to damage. If an unupgraded interceptor(6dmg) shoots at an unupgraded ultralisk(0 armor, actually) it does 6 dmg. It does 1 only if the interceptor is unupgraded and the ultralisk has max upgrades.

DA quote: "Adun save me!"

hmm, mine Dark archons always say something (used my freinds speakers for this.) like "Oblvion in the waste." never heasrd Adun save me.... ever.
Also your actually wrong on that one, and ALOT of people make that mistake as that is obviously what would be logical, but as we all know blizzard isn't quite logical. They treat each interceptor attack as a seperate attack, and with the full upgraded attack strength they only deal 1 each to a UPGRADED (I said that in the post above.) Ultralisk.
Alot of online game guides, and the game itself agrees with me.:smalltongue:

Murska
2008-11-22, 11:54 PM
hmm, mine Dark archons always say something (used my freinds speakers for this.) like "Oblvion in the waste." never heasrd Adun save me.... ever.
Also your actually wrong on that one, and ALOT of people make that mistake as that is obviously what would be logical, but as we all know blizzard isn't quite logical. They treat each interceptor attack as a seperate attack, and with the full upgraded attack strength they only deal 1 each to a UPGRADED (I said that in the post above.) Ultralisk.
Alot of online game guides, and the game itself agrees with me.:smalltongue:

Your post says "UNupgraded".

The quotes come when clicking multiple times. Each interceptor attack is a separate attack, yes? Each one does 9 damage. Fully upgraded ultra(pardon me, unupgraded has 1 armor) has 5 armor. See?

@V Ultras start with 1 armor, get +3 from normal upgrades and +2 from special Ultralisk Mound one named Chitinous Plating. Interceptors start with 6 damage and can gain +3 from normal upgrades. So the numbers are 6 and 9, not 6 and 10.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 11:57 PM
i think fully upgraded ultras have 6 armor, and fully upgraded interceptors have 9 attack, so yes they would do damage to them.

nevermind. it is 9 attack vs 6 armor.

Fan
2008-11-22, 11:59 PM
Your post says "UNupgraded".

The quotes come when clicking multiple times. Each interceptor attack is a separate attack, yes? Each one does 9 damage. Fully upgraded ultra(pardon me, unupgraded has 1 armor) has 5 armor. See?
Hmm, you are including all the upgrades from the ultralisk right?
Becuase in most game scenarios the zerg being their festering selves already have their units upgraded due to the obsecne cheapness of all their stuff.
Also are you SURE you know the interceptor damage?
Cause the StarCraft Wiki says that they only deal 5 damagwe per hit AFTER upgrades... You SURE you know this?:smallconfused:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-22, 11:59 PM
interceptors deal 6 base + 3 upgrades

ultralisk armor is 1 base +3 upgrades +another 2 from upgrades.

Fan
2008-11-23, 12:02 AM
interceptors deal 6 base + 3 upgrades

ultralisk armor is 1 base +3 upgrades +another 2 from upgrades.

copied straight from the star craft wiki,.

Race Protoss
Role Robotic Strike Fighter
Statistics
Hit points 50[4]
Shields 50[4]
Type Mechanical[4]
Armor Type Light[4]
Production
Minerals 25[4][5]
Build time 15[4]
Produced at Carrier[4]
Hotkey I[4]
Combat
Ground Attack 5 (x2)[4]
Air Attack 5 (x2)[4]
Range 8[4] (from carrier)
Speed Fast[4]

Murska
2008-11-23, 12:02 AM
Hmm, you are including all the upgrades from the ultralisk right?
Becuase in most game scenarios the zerg being their festering selves already have their units upgraded due to the obsecne cheapness of all their stuff.
Also are you SURE you know the interceptor damage?
Cause the StarCraft Wiki says that they only deal 5 damagwe per hit AFTER upgrades... You SURE you know this?:smallconfused:

Yes, I do. I've played with protoss for long enough to know what interceptors do. 5dmg per hit would be so low, it would be absolutely useless.

Also, I made a slight error, correcting in my last post: Ultras max is 6 armor, not 5.

EDIT: Huh? I visited this Starcraft Wiki just to check it out and this is what I see:

Race Protoss
Role(s) Robotic Strike Fighter

Statistics
Hit points 40
Shields 40
Size Small
Production
Minerals 25
Build time 18
Produced at Carrier
Hotkey I
Combat
Weapon(s) Pulse cannon
Ground Attack 6
Air Attack 6
Armor 0
Range Depends on Carrier
Sight Depends on Carrier

Boldings mine. That's unupgraded.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-23, 12:04 AM
it 6. trust me.

wikipedia is wrong on that. search some other site and you will find 6.

Murska
2008-11-23, 12:07 AM
Not to mention that three hours before this current moment I was destroyed in a 3-3 by a massed carrier attack and if they'd have done 5max, they wouldn't have scratched my units. :smallwink:

An idea: Open up Starcraft, start a game and see for yourself. It's 6+3.

Fan
2008-11-23, 12:09 AM
I did serach several other sights, and its not Wikipedia as wikipedia is usually wrong.
I'm looking at a sigh donned as THE Star craft Wiki.
I also checked a couple of Protoss fansites that I happen to doddle in.
Lemme pull up the game real quick, and I'll check it out.
As I said I'm fairly certain that the wiki isn't wrong as I LOVE the new mothership unit in Starcraft 2.... yes its out here... no I'm not sharing.

Murska
2008-11-23, 12:11 AM
I did serach several other sights, and its not Wikipedia as wikipedia is usually wrong.
I'm looking at a sigh donned as THE Star craft Wiki.
I also checked a couple of Protoss fansites that I happen to doddle in.
Lemme pull up the game real quick, and I'll check it out.
As I said I'm fairly certain that the wiki isn't wrong as I LOVE the new mothership unit in Starcraft 2.... yes its out here... no I'm not sharing.

Er, your logic for your false information not being false is that you love a completely unrelated unit which is in a different game? :smallconfused:

@V Starcraft 2 being the sequel for Starcraft doesn't negate the fact that it's a completely different game. And the unit being new doesn't negate the fact that it's completely unrelated.

Fan
2008-11-23, 12:12 AM
Er, your logic for your false information not being false is that you love a completely unrelated unit which is in a different game? :smallconfused:
No, I was refering to a new unit in the sequel of said game.
Starcraft 2 isn't non existant ya know.:smalltongue:
Its not a entirely unreallated game if you knew ANYTTHING about the story line you will learn that it uis a continuation of the last game in which the Zerg went dormant after suffering a terrible defeat against the Terrans.
Now, they have come back evolved, and the Protoss have decalred all out holy war bringing in the old war machine from various moons from around the galaxy.

Cynan Machae
2008-11-23, 12:28 AM
I trust more my head that this starcraft Wikia you're talking about. It's 6 dmg per interceptor (+1 per upgrade, for a max of +3). 4 base interceptor, 8 with upgraded carrier capacity. Which patch is this StarCraft wikia using? Cause its obviously not the last one, listing interceptor with 50 Hp and 50 shields (I'm not even sure they ever HAD that)

And I read the books you talked about earlier (well, all of the actually), and Dark Templar/Archon saying "Adun saves me" make quite a lot of sense.

Zerg upgrades = obscenes cheapness? Yea sure. They are so much cheaper than forge upgrades.

Fan
2008-11-23, 12:30 AM
I trust more my head that this starcraft Wikia you're talking about. It's 6 dmg per interceptor (+1 per upgrade, for a max of +3). 4 base interceptor, 8 with upgraded carrier capacity. Which patch is this StarCraft wikia using? Cause its obviously not the last one, listing interceptor with 50 Hp and 50 shields (I'm not even sure they ever HAD that)

And I read the books you talked about earlier (well, all of the actually), and Dark Templar/Archon saying "Adun saves me" make quite a lot of sense.

Zerg upgrades = obscenes cheapness? Yea sure. They are so much cheaper than forge upgrades.

I dont like the Zerg (hence why I call them flithy, and cheap.) , and its nice to meet someone whos read the books.
Now to find someone who WATCHED the campign cut scenes, and got their meaning.:smalltongue:
Also yeah. I'm just going by the Starcraft wiki as I never cared much for the mechanics of the Game, and was just addicted to the Fluff of each race.
The only time I've ever really gotten into mechanics is with 3.5, and FF.

Raiser Blade
2008-11-23, 12:36 AM
Says the guy who spells Razor Raiser, and Blade with a 1 >.> <.<

as do I...

You would be suprised how often "Raiser Blade" is taken on websites. Also I like to switch homonyms so nyaah.

ALso @ Fanboy. Evidence destroyed. You may proceed.

Murska
2008-11-23, 11:23 AM
No, I was refering to a new unit in the sequel of said game.
Starcraft 2 isn't non existant ya know.:smalltongue:
Its not a entirely unreallated game if you knew ANYTTHING about the story line you will learn that it uis a continuation of the last game in which the Zerg went dormant after suffering a terrible defeat against the Terrans.
Now, they have come back evolved, and the Protoss have decalred all out holy war bringing in the old war machine from various moons from around the galaxy.

Oh my god, is my text so hard to read? I said Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 are different games. Different. You see, they're not the exact same thing, therefore they're different. Understand?

Mothership and Interceptor are different units and have nothing to do with each other, unless we count the fact that they're both from protoss which is rather obvious.

Fan
2008-11-23, 03:58 PM
Oh my god, is my text so hard to read? I said Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 are different games. Different. You see, they're not the exact same thing, therefore they're different. Understand?

Mothership and Interceptor are different units and have nothing to do with each other, unless we count the fact that they're both from protoss which is rather obvious.
But, they aren;t different games as they are the same part of the same continuty... thats like arguing that Episode IV A new hope, and Episode V the empire strikes back are entirely different movies, and are unrelated movies.
It MAKES NO SENSE.

Duos
2008-11-23, 04:08 PM
Ok, this has gone on long enough. Both of you stop bickering before this blows up into a giant argument over who knows more about the Protoss. This is the nomination thread, not the argument clinic. That's down the hall. Don't make me use this... (http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/capture19.jpg)

Deathslayer7
2008-11-23, 04:16 PM
*cheers for the Terrans*

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 04:44 PM
Yea well not even that can stand up to the awesome might of ZERG RUSH!

http://gomeler.com/pic/Articles/Starcraft%202/Zergling%20Rush%20Small.jpg

Duos
2008-11-23, 04:54 PM
Pfft. You're lucky they took firebats out. And if they had a half dozen more seige tanks, you'd be screwed. Not to mention the banshees that are about to swing in. Air-to-ground splash rocks. damage dealt to base: Minimal!

Fan
2008-11-23, 04:59 PM
Pssh, I'll use the Mother ships time bubbel ability to stop all your shells, and missile while using the PLANET CRACKER to destroy your pitiful Zerg rush! besides A Zealot rush is by far superior if both sides have equal numbers, and each side has Mutalisks (for the zerg) Omegalisks (Zerg), and the Protoss have Immortals (New dragoons.), Zealots, and Warp rays, or Phoniex's you get quite a one sided battle with the Protoss kicking general ass.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 05:05 PM
1. Pfft, siege tanks and firebats? Please, against a properly sized and co-ordinated zerg rush those mean nothing. Sure you might kill the first 50, maybe the next couple hundred, but it's not going to make a difference. We can crush you under the weight of our corpses if we have too :smallamused:

2. Please, the planet cracker, like siege tanks or firebats or nukes, can only delay the inevitable. Sure the first half dozen waves are down the drain, so what? That's what lings are FOR, to make you use up all your ammunition while hundreds more, followed by Lisks and worse wait to rip to shreds. And of course the Zealots would be better in equal numbers, that's the way they're made. Why do you think you get two lings for the price of one? That's like saying that in a fight between an equal number of wolves vs bears the bears would win. Well duh, of course, but that's not why wolves are cool, it's because they know how to work together and are cunning.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 05:11 PM
1. Pfft, siege tanks and firebats? Please, against a properly sized and co-ordinated zerg rush those mean nothing. Sure you might kill the first 50, maybe the next couple hundred, but it's not going to make a difference. We can crush you under the weight of our corpses if we have too :smallamused:

2. Please, the planet cracker, like siege tanks or firebats or nukes, can only delay the inevitable. Sure the first half dozen waves are down the drain, so what? That's what lings are FOR, to make you use up all your ammunition while hundreds more, followed by Lisks and worse wait to rip to shreds. And of course the Zealots would be better in equal numbers, that's the way they're made. Why do you think you get two lings for the price of one? That's like saying that in a fight between an equal number of wolves vs bears the bears would win. Well duh, of course, but that's not why wolves are cool, it's because they know how to work together and are cunning.

Er... A pack of wolfs would never stand a chance one bear, and a pack of them?:smalleek:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 05:13 PM
Er... A pack of wolfs would never stand a chance one bear, and a pack of them?:smalleek:

You're joking right? Bears generally avoid wolves because they've learned that "where there's one wolf, there's always more" and bears can't fight off wolf packs. You realize wolf packs can be anywhere from like 5 to alot more right? 5 wolves can take down 1 pair (not without losses mind you) which is why wolves and bears generally avoid fighting whenever possible.

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:15 PM
We only buy the time we need to turn your base (and all of the outying secondaries) into radioactive slag and mush with a massive nuclear alpha strike. And no number of zerglings will win against a chokepoint and a dozen and a half seige tanks. It's like trying to put a fire out by dumping gasoline on it. And they took out the time bomb and nerfed the planet cracker, fyi.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 05:18 PM
We only buy the time we need to turn your base (and all of the outying secondaries) into radioactive slag and mush with a massive nuclear alpha strike. And no number of zerglings will win against a chokepoint and a dozen and a half seige tanks. It's like trying to put a fire out by dumping gasoline on it. And they took out the time bomb and nerfed the planet cracker, fyi.

Yea ok, while you're "buying time" we're preparing to melt your base into little puddles of metal and acid with Muties and Guardians, while your ghosts relax in the comfortable confines of a Lisks stomach. And chokepoints might be fine against finite numbers, but with the kinds of units numbers we can throw eventually your chokepoint will become a feeding ground :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-23, 05:22 PM
Nukes! Man's best friend! :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 05:28 PM
You're joking right? Bears generally avoid wolves because they've learned that "where there's one wolf, there's always more" and bears can't fight off wolf packs. You realize wolf packs can be anywhere from like 5 to alot more right? 5 wolves can take down 1 pair (not without losses mind you) which is why wolves and bears generally avoid fighting whenever possible.

Well, wolfs team work are not really that amazing they have very low success (somewhere around 35 % I think) on their hunts to actually kill the prey, lions on the other hand have somehwere around 50 %.
(I saw a documentary on Animal Planet some time ago so these numbers are not really reliable since I hardly remember anything of it but I know that wolfs had quite low success and lions had higher.)

Anyway what types of bears and wolfs are we talking about here anyway? Brown bears generally wins against wolfs in disputes over kills.

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:37 PM
Yea ok, while you're "buying time" we're preparing to melt your base into little puddles of metal and acid with Muties and Guardians, while your ghosts relax in the comfortable confines of a Lisks stomach. And chokepoints might be fine against finite numbers, but with the kinds of units numbers we can throw eventually your chokepoint will become a feeding ground :smallamused:

heh. Missile turrets and Valkyries. and Wraiths. And Science Vessels (Go irradiate!). Oh, and mass produced Ghosts=invisible win. By the time your precious Ultralisks are reached by an Overlord to provide spotting, they're dead. And you're missing the aim of a choke point-No matter how many units you throw at it, only a set number can get through at any time. If you can't breach it within one minute, you never will with that strategy. Giving us the aforementioned time needed to roast your entire base.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 05:43 PM
heh. Missile turrets and Valkyries. and Wraiths. And Science Vessels (Go irradiate!). Oh, and mass produced Ghosts=invisible win. By the time your precious Ultralisks are reached by an Overlord to provide spotting, they're dead. And you're missing the aim of a choke point-No matter how many units you throw at it, only a set number can get through at any time. If you can't breach it within one minute, you never will with that strategy. Giving us the aforementioned time needed to roast your entire base.

Which you won't get because you'd have to move past the chokepoint which would require either A. an alternate path, which wouldn't exist if the chokepoint was really worth anything or B. a dropship, which you wouldn't get since we would control the land beyond the chokepoint, making your attempts to get past our air-defenses pointless. And you're missing the point of the ling rush. No matter how many defenses you put up or how few can get through the actual choke point, eventually with cunning plans and sheer numbers, the choke-point will fall, your attempts to frag our base will fail, and you will die.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 05:47 PM
Come on, blizzard have made sure that Starcraft is going to be as balanced as possible.

Who would win between Zerg and Terran depends on the player and how good they are at the race they are using, not the races themselves.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 05:48 PM
Come on, blizzard have made sure that Starcraft is going to be as balanced as possible.

Who would win between Zerg and Terran depends on the player and how good they are at the race they are using, not the races themselves.

Which is why I'm saying I'd win :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallwink:

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:50 PM
There's actually this weird 'rock/paper/scissors' thing they did with the races, though. Race A has a slightly better chance of beating race B than race C has of beating race B. Between two skilled players, it can come down to this slight edge. And NO, you would NOT win. Because the ability to CLOAK is good enough to get past your horde, avoid detectors, and then nuke your base while I feint with a force of battlecruisers.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 05:51 PM
Which is why I'm saying I'd win :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallwink:

Hmm... Maybe we should decide this contest in a massive Starcraft tournament?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-23, 05:57 PM
i love how i was just seemingly ignored. :smalltongue:

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:58 PM
Aww, I'm sorry. The Terran Dominion appreciates your aid in the war effort.:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 05:59 PM
Sigh, I wish i had started my Starcraft Werewolf game or LOZ now instead... it would have been perfect with this competition.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 06:01 PM
Sigh, I wish i had started my Starcraft Werewolf game or LOZ now instead... it would have been perfect with this competition.

You could still start it now :smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-23, 06:03 PM
You could still start it now :smallbiggrin:

Well the thing is, I'm busy narrating another game right now and I don't really have time for it...

Anyway, anyone that have narrated before feeling up for narrating LOZ IV?:smallconfused: I got all the shiny new rules here...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 06:04 PM
I've narrated for (School) PLAYS but I don't think that counts...

Lord Herman
2008-11-23, 06:34 PM
I think I'll be starting the nominations tomorrow. So get to campaigning to win those early votes!

Don't forget to post your campaign speech and to send me a link! Reliable statistical tests* prove people with listed campaign speeches get over 50% more votes!

* Read: some figures I just made up

Fan
2008-11-23, 07:37 PM

Hmm, I still have collousus which on their own can pwn about Thrity lings a piece, and there IS a unit Cap asmodeus its not infinte lings its 400 if you have maxiumum Colonies, and maximum lings spawned. That is of coruse saying I dont just send a squad of hallucinated probes one way, send a squad of dark templar behind your lines while you go out to prevent me from making a new base, and decimate your work force while I call in carrier, and other ground support after zapping your colonies with my corsairs.
Simple tactics usually knock out a Zerg player. they get over confidant quite easily you know,. Protoss Like me however we are Focused. We are strong. We are mighty, asnd we will crush the Zerg underneath our Armored boots.

Raroy
2008-11-23, 09:27 PM
Some of you don't even have starcraft installed. I don't think that's the dedication suitable to be nominated.

Fan
2008-11-23, 09:33 PM
Some of you don't even have starcraft installed. I don't think that's the dedication suitable to be nominated.
Then I'm the obvious choice as I've had it installed for years, and am just now getting into the campign of Star craft 2.
Protoss are AWESOME by the way the black hole ability makes me laugh remebering how much I used to LOATHE Battlecruisers.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-23, 10:59 PM

How do you mean? I don't think I've had a computer since Starcraft came out that didn't have it installed on it :smallconfused:

Raroy
2008-11-23, 11:05 PM
Ah, someone deleted their posts. Very well, my attacking of other's will be vague and lacking reason. Just like a well timed medic drop.

Fan
2008-11-23, 11:16 PM
Heh. The only purpose for Medics is so you can heral your marines/fire bats when they use their stim packs. and in the terranXterran match ups.
Otherwise the Corsair is much more effective.

Raroy
2008-11-23, 11:44 PM
How can we trust a "candidate" who can't even stay on topic? People who constantly change the subject must be hiding something. What do corsairs have to do with anything? Why don't you tell me straight.

Fan
2008-11-23, 11:57 PM
How can we trust a "candidate" who can't even stay on topic? People who constantly change the subject must be hiding something. What do corsairs have to do with anything? Why don't you tell me straight.
I was refering to the lockdown effect that medics could use on Siege tanks, and their ilk. that was ENTIRELY relavent as I was refering to your comment on a well timed medic drop. How can we trust someone who accuses people of doing something their not?:smallconfused:

Cynan Machae
2008-11-24, 12:06 AM
Medics can use Lockdown now? Oh well...

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 12:07 AM
I think it's a good thing Fan isn't running for Terran itP, because that would have lost it for him for sure.

Speaking of Terran itP, vote Duos for Terran itP!

Fan
2008-11-24, 12:14 AM
Yeha your right.. thats Ghosts, and Medics have flare... Never mind.
Anyway vote me Protoss itp I prusue their devoute fanaticsm better than any!

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 12:41 AM
medics and lockdown.

*shakes head sadly*

stick to protoss. :smallwink:

Fan
2008-11-24, 12:42 AM
medics and lockdown.

*shakes head sadly*

stick to protoss. :smallwink:

I will... Glad I did the Protoss campign first.
They have by far the best Fluff, and reasons for doing what they do.
Zerg: KILL, MUTATE, EAT!
terran: YEEHAW! LETS GET'EM BOYS!
Protoss: I kill you in the name of preserving the peace of the universe.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 12:49 AM
I will... Glad I did the Protoss campign first.
They have by far the best Fluff, and reasons for doing what they do.
Zerg: KILL, MUTATE, EAT!
terran: YEEHAW! LETS GET'EM BOYS!
Protoss: I kill you in the name of preserving the peace of the universe.

yes but we terrans cant stim pack ourselves infinite times and still wont die as long as a medic is around.

Translation: We can get high. :smallamused:

Fan
2008-11-24, 12:51 AM
yes but we terrans cant stim pack ourselves infinite times and still wont die as long as a medic is around.

Translation: We can get high. :smallamused:

Thats kinda lame in my book.
After all getting high has the whole halucation effect, and well the Zerg, and Protoss aren't exatcly day dream material. Their fearsome son's a bitches.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 12:53 AM
you cant comprehend the power of stim as a protoss player. That extra boost of adrenaline. That moment of ecstasy as you hit the top of your game.

That moment in love when you make him/her hit Ohio. Wrong topic. :smallamused:

But anyway

Stimming=awesomeness. :smallbiggrin:

Fan
2008-11-24, 12:56 AM
you cant comprehend the power of stim as a protoss player. That extra boost of adrenaline. That moment of ecstasy as you hit the top of your game.

That moment in love when you make him/her hit Ohio. Wrong topic. :smallamused:

But anyway

Stimming=awesomeness. :smallbiggrin:

That is disturbing.. I'm going to petition to the conclave that we bomb all the stim pack producing Factories to prevent Junkies from making up the majoirty of the only other Zerg opposing force.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 12:57 AM
you just jealous because only terrans know how to do it properly. If Zerg or Protoss could do it, we would all have fun and stop killing each other. :smallamused:

Fan
2008-11-24, 12:59 AM
you just jealous because only terrans know how to do it properly. If Zerg or Protoss could do it, we would all have fun and stop killing each other. :smallamused:

Nah, we would just have Zerg Omeglisk Junkies running around a bunch of wires feeding it into them frothing at the mouth, and then collpasing from OD. Also you DO know that the chemical is Adrenaline right?
That triggers the fight, or flight reponse within the brain, and in order to calm down the body produces another chemical which can give you a heart attack.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 01:00 AM
Nah, we would just have Zerg Omeglisk Junkies running around a bunch of wires feeding it into them frothing at the mouth, and then collpasing from OD. Also you DO know that the chemical is Adrenaline right?
That triggers the fight, or flight reponse within the brain, and in order to calm down the body produces another chemical which can give you a heart attack.

and yet we continue to stim ourselves. Human idiocy at its greatest. :smalltongue:

Fan
2008-11-24, 01:03 AM
and yet we continue to stim ourselves. Human idiocy at its greatest. :smalltongue:
And you WONDER WHY the Terrans are getting OWNED even when warrign against two sepearte factions they STILL war against themselves instead of uniting.
Honestly you human confuse me so MUCH sometimes. Makes me question the High executars decision to NOT glass all of your planets, and be done with it. (Protoss CAN glass a planet... requires a fleet of carriers, and a couple mtherships, but it can be done.)

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 01:06 AM
I can go at this forever FFF, but I got an essay to write. So good night. :smallsmile:

Fan
2008-11-24, 01:07 AM
I can go at this forever FFF, but I got an essay to write. So good night. :smallsmile:

Night, I was about to type the same thing BTW. :-P

Glenstorm
2008-11-24, 03:12 AM

I vote this. Can we play even if we have no interest in winning the title? :smallamused:

Fan
2008-11-24, 07:17 AM
I have slow internets so a PvP comeptition isn't really fair.
After all my connection is only about 35 MBPs. VERY slow by modern standards.:smallwink:

Dirk Kris
2008-11-24, 09:07 AM
Um, anyone wanna nominate me for Terran itP? I don't know all the stats and little tidbits of info...

...but I DO know how to kick weirdie alien ass!

Murska
2008-11-24, 10:18 AM
If anyone wants to face me in the battlefield, I'll be there. Just PM me with the details and we'll try to manage a schedule. Managing my Protoss strike fleet is time-consuming so I'll be able to utterly destroy your armies only at certain times. :smallsmile:

((Note to Cynan and Glen: Please don't. :smallbiggrin:))

Fan
2008-11-24, 10:36 AM
As I said my interwebs are SLOW, and this site is abut the extent of its capabilities. Curse you 12 year old computer!:smallfurious:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 10:40 AM
*cracks fingers*
now i need to get nominated for this...

Darkcomet
Meh, I suck at Starcraft, like I said. I'm the kind who wants to play around with all the fancy high-tech stuff and I generally get rushed into oblivion before I can do that.

Duos
To be Terran ITP, Dirk Kris, You must know the Terrans. You must play the game. You must belive in the power of humanity to fight off evil! You must be a stalwart supporter of the Terran Dominion. You must BE the terrans!
((And no, that's not a nomination. look elsewhere.:smalltongue:))

Murska
2008-11-24, 10:42 AM
Nobody wishes to test their mettle against an endless-ish horde of 3-gate goons? :smallfrown:

I thought we had some worthy competitors!

Lord Herman
2008-11-24, 10:43 AM
Let's keep this thread about the contest, shall we? If you want to arrange Starcraft matches or discuss the game in general, you should do so in the Other Games forum.

Fan
2008-11-24, 10:47 AM
Nobody wishes to test their mettle against an endless-ish horde of 3-gate goons? :smallfrown:

I thought we had some worthy competitors!

More than you know.
Also I WOULD take you down if it werent ofrm y interwebs.

Murska
2008-11-24, 10:57 AM
Fine, fine. :smallsmile:

My offer still stands, though. :smallamused:
Aaanyway.

JUDICATORS! TEMPLAR! KHALAI! DARK ONES!

You have all gathered here today to choose a leader. To choose the one from the followers of Khala who the best embodies all that the Protoss aspire to be! I am here now to tell you why I am above the other candidates, why I am the one who should be chosen!

As you should know, the nature of the Protoss is divided. After the loss of Aiur we have been living with our Dark brethren here on Shakuras, and have become to understand their powers better. The psionic energies of the protoss, our strength, is stronger than ever after the two halves of our race have been united. Yet, we are weaker than we should be. This war with the Zerg has cost us dearly, and even the Terrans are nothing to underestimate. Even as our technology and martial skill triumphs over theirs, their numbers and ingenious usage of outdated technology holds us at bay. We need to unite, and as a whole we must stand against our foes!

I am an Executor, and I have seen my fair share of battle, more so than many others here. I have led victories against, but also swallowed bitter defeats at the hands of the Broods and the Squadrons. I know how to fight them, and I know what we must do. Terrans are not our enemies! Jim Raynor is our ally, and even though the Dominion's leadership is warped, we must not forget that the majority of Terrans are good at heart! For the memory of Tassadar and Fenix, we need to create an alliance that will shatter the power of the Zerg, destroy the monster the Xel'Naga created and ultimately died to and wipe them off the face of the galaxy! ((No offense to any of those working for the Broods, this is just an encouraging speech to the 'toss. :smallbiggrin:))

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 12:04 PM
(not good at this)
*cough*
Ladies, Gentleman, and Xel'Naga experiments.

I come before you all today to help you see the light...
In orbit above you is my fleet of carriers...

Vote for me and i'll spare you and your colonies. don't and... well, i think you understand...

...erm, how do you switch this thing off?

*thud*
I think that went pretty well, Don't you?

Murska
2008-11-24, 12:13 PM
More than you know.
Also I WOULD take you down if it werent ofrm y interwebs.

We'd see about that... Get a better connection and we'll arrange a match. We'll need a host unless you can, though. :smallwink:

Cynan Machae
2008-11-24, 01:34 PM
As I said my interwebs are SLOW, and this site is abut the extent of its capabilities. Curse you 12 year old computer!:smallfurious:
Aren't we talking about StarCraft, you know, that game that was released in 1998?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:01 PM
yea but to play over the internet, you need a decent connection. :smallcool:

otherwise you lag and everyone will hate you. :smallcool:

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:06 PM
yea but to play over the internet, you need a decent connection. :smallcool:

otherwise you lag and everyone will hate you. :smallcool:

Play over B-net. Unless you have something like dialup, it won't lag much.

Unless your connection settings are faulty.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 02:08 PM
I have the connection speed, but neither the connection stability or the skill required, honestly. Like I said, I try to tech up and stuff, and get rushed to oblivion.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:11 PM
Play over B-net. Unless you have something like dialup, it won't lag much.

Unless your connection settings are faulty.

he might have dial-up. you never know. I had dial-up until about 3 years ago. :smalltongue:

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:12 PM
I have the connection speed, but neither the connection stability or the skill required, honestly. Like I said, I try to tech up and stuff, and get rushed to oblivion.

Well then learn to defend against rushes properly. Only way to gain skill is to play. :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:15 PM
or play the cat n mouse games and kill everyone as cat. Then watch them whine as they call you a hacker for being skilled.

I had it happen before. And yes i do love playing cat on cat n mouse. :smallcool:

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 02:16 PM
Another thing is that I tend to underestimate how many resource producers I need. Often, it seems that the reason I can't do it fast enough is because I'm out of cash.

I do find Terrans the most fun to play, though. Probably because they don't have restrictions on where to put their stuff.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:18 PM
Another thing is that I tend to underestimate how many resource producers I need. Often, it seems that the reason I can't do it fast enough is because I'm out of cash.

I do find Terrans the most fun to play, though. Probably because they don't have restrictions on where to put their stuff.

I know a friend who is an excellent terran rusher, but in the long-run, sucks really really bad. All he does is build rines and medics. good for starting off, but not good in the end-game.

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:20 PM
It's a common mistake to stop producing workers. You need to keep making 'em at all times.

I love how one probe can create a firebase all alone. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 02:25 PM
or play the cat n mouse games and kill everyone as cat. Then watch them whine as they call you a hacker for being skilled.

I had it happen before. And yes i do love playing cat on cat n mouse. :smallcool:

yes the smart money is on Tom... but don't always discount Jerry.

Reinholdt
2008-11-24, 02:29 PM
So Murska and FF Fanboy. I'm curious as to why I should vote you over Archonic Energy. I mean it's hard to compete with something so blatantly Protoss.

So be convincing :smallamused:.

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:30 PM
So Murska and FF Fanboy. I'm curious as to why I should vote you over Archonic Energy. I mean it's hard to compete with something so blatantly Protoss.

So be convincing :smallamused:.

Because he hasn't made a speech nor has he challenged me into a battle of superiority in Starcraft? All he has is avvies/screenname. :smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 02:31 PM
I'm with Reinholdt on this one. I mean, look at the guy's sig. Look at it! That is the sig of a true Protoss fan!

Reinholdt
2008-11-24, 02:34 PM
Because he hasn't made a speech nor has he challenged me into a battle of superiority in Starcraft? All he has is avvies/screenname. :smallbiggrin:

Avvies and screennames have been one of the primary influences on voters in past itp competitions. You're really going to have to work for this one.

(truth may or may not have been fabricated)

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 02:43 PM

my dear Zealot, you really should look at the first page...

i'd say you'd make a good Dragoon, but we all know what would have to happen to you first...
:smallamused:

urge to edit... rising. :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:44 PM
my dear Zelot, you really should look at the first page...

i'd say you'd make a good Dragoon, but we all know what would have to happen to you first...
:smallamused:

He spelled Zealot wrong!!!!! :eek:

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:45 PM
He spelled Zealot wrong!!!!! :eek:

CLEARLY a fake!

EDIT: Oh, and that doesn't count as a speech. It's more of a threat and as we all know, the Protoss never bend their knees to anyone.

Also, mister Dark Archon, let's see how effective you'll be after I've used my Mind Controlled Scivessel to EMP you leaving you at 25 hitpoints... :smallamused:

Lord Herman
2008-11-24, 02:45 PM
(truth may or may not have been fabricated)

Remember, made-up statictics are up to 130% more effective than real ones!

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 02:52 PM
Also, mister Dark Archon, let's see how effective you'll be after I've used my Mind Controlled Scivessel to EMP you leaving you at 25 hitpoints... :smallamused:

that's what the Arbiter at my base is for...

*gets recalled*

Remember, made-up statictics are up to 130% more effective than real ones!
what was it?
Lies, Damned lies, & statictics. :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-24, 02:53 PM
that's what the Abiters at my base are for...

*gets recalled*

He spelled Arbiters wrong now! :eek:

Murska
2008-11-24, 02:58 PM
that's what the Arbiters at my base are for...

*gets recalled*

what was it?
Lies, Damned lies, & statictics. :smallamused:

You can't recall stasis fields... and I got a nuke dropping on ya 0,01 seconds after the stasis disappears. :smallamused:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 03:01 PM
You can't recall stasis fields... and I got a nuke dropping on ya 0,01 seconds after the stasis disappears. :smallamused:

*kills the Ghost* (HA HA I KNOW I SPELLED THAT RIGHT)

please, SC is so well balanced, for every move there's a counter and you know it.

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:06 PM
*kills the Ghost* (HA HA I KNOW I SPELLED THAT RIGHT)

please, SC is so well balanced, for every move there's a counter and you know it.

I know it, but there's no way you can kill the ghost anyway. He's under a mat of floating buildings and thus untargettable.

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:06 PM
Well, avvy's and screen names can be asked for in the thread. sure hes been asking for the specficly, but to be 100% honest Avvies, and Sigs are just like clothes. They dont make the Templar its the other way around. After all what would make the enemies fear the psi blades of the Zealot legions if they were not so fearsome in battle? what would make templar like myself so marvelous if we were not so powerful psionicly? So, yeah I may not have avatars, or a signature, but a TRUE being of the KHALA doesn't need superfical things like that. We focus our rightous fury in battle regardless of the status of our equipment or how broken our bodies have become. For that is the TRUE spirit of the conclave.
So, I ask YOU to vote me Protoss in the playground. Me. FF Fanboy. A warrior who has proven himself in battle countless times against many a mighty foe. It was he. Who at the battle of Shakuras when the Zerg cerebrates came warned the matirach of the dark templar as i saw them from orbit. It was I who lead the charge dealing out damage, and using valuable power to mask our dark templar allies with my power. So, I ask you to give me the power to oppose the zerg, and to lead our forces against them in a brilliant tactical plan that willl leave both the queen of blades, and the New Overmind in smoldering piles. What we need is not a templar such as Murska unwilling to see the views of any other than his own as worthwhile.
FF FANBOY for Protoss itp 08!
Let us find a TRUE end to the Zerg meance that has plauged our lives, and destroyed our homes. Let us take the fight to them, and crush them beneath us in the name of Auir!
FF FANBOY PROTOSS 08!
FOR AUIR!

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:08 PM
Well, avvy's and screen names can be asked for in the thread. sure hes been asking for the specficly, but to be 100% honest Avvies, and Sigs are just like clothes. They dont make the Templar its the other way around. After all what would make the enemies fear the psi blades of the Zealot legions if they were not so fearsome in battle? what would make templar like myself so marvelous if we were not so powerful psionicly? So, yeah I may not have avatars, or a signature, but a TRUE being of the Khalla doesn't need superfical things like that. We focus our rightous fury in battle regardless of the status of our equipment or how broken our bodies have become. For that is the TRUE spirit of the conclave.
FF FANBOY PROTOSS 08!
FOR AUIR!

YOU MISSPELLED KHALA! Oh my GOD! :smalleek:

EDIT: Oh, and it's not 'might makes right'. What makes the Templar caste marvelous is not the psionic powers but the honour and dedication to the Protoss way of life, sacrificing their lives to protect it.

Reinholdt
2008-11-24, 03:08 PM
Hmm. So Archonic has the look or face of the Protoss.
Murska plays the game (and the Protoss) like an addict.
And FF Fanboy has the personality of the Protoss.

But which to choose...

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:12 PM
YOU MISSPELLED KHALA! Oh my GOD! :smalleek:
My spelling has been stated as terrible for a LONG, LONG, LONG time.
I think its established that I dont give a crud about it.
Also another example of a HUMAN tendecy being exhibted by Murska. We Protoss comunicate psionicly, and thush ave had no need for the inferiror methods of communication that Humans developed. WE DONT EVEN HAVE MOUTHS! (seriously heres some pics.)

http://fc37.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/012/0/4/Protoss_by_Beloved_Creature.jpg

Also... oyutside of the comeptition... spelling isn't realyl that important so long as you get the majority of the words right.... Which I usually do.... This is the internet, and some people arent great typers... Get over it.

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:16 PM
Also another example of a HUMAN tendecy being exhibted by Murska. We Protoss comunicate psionicly, and thush ave had no need for the inferiror methods of communication that Humans developed. WE DONT EVEN HAVE MOUTHS! (seriously heres some pics.)

Also... oyutside of the comeptition... spelling isn't realyl that important so long as you get the majority of the words right.... Which I usually do.... This is the internet, and some people arent great typers... Get over it.

Protoss communicate using telepathy, like I'm doing to you guys now, so they never misspell. This just reveals that you're actually typing and not just causing hallucinations with all readers that they're seeing words.

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:18 PM
Protoss communicate using telepathy, like I'm doing to you guys now, so they never misspell. This just reveals that you're actually typing and not just causing hallucinations with all readers that they're seeing words.
I said that they do, and to be honest why are you WASTING hallucinations here on a forum when it could be put to much better use saving the lives of our brethren on the battle field? Perchance your one of those consorts that I've heard about. I'm going to have to take you in for examination. :slaps energy bindings on Murska: :smallamused:

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:27 PM
I said that they do, and to be honest why are you WASTING hallucinations here on a forum when it could be put to much better use saving the lives of our brethren on the battle field? Perchance your one of those consorts that I've heard about. I'm going to have to take you in for examination. :slaps energy bindings on Murska: :smallamused:

*breaks them easily* Yeah right, like this uses one millionth of my psionic strength. It's just two-dimensional words, not realistic hallucinations.

Besides, since I'm usually commanding the battle from my orbiting carrier, not in the middle of it, I don't usually use my powers for such things. The commander should never be in the battle himself.

Archonic Energy
2008-11-24, 03:31 PM

Aemn, Borhter.
i will never make a crack about another's errors. because what comes around goes around.

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:38 PM
*breaks them easily* Yeah right, like this uses one millionth of my psionic strength. It's just two-dimensional words, not realistic hallucinations.

Besides, since I'm usually commanding the battle from my orbiting carrier, not in the middle of it, I don't usually use my powers for such things. The commander should never be in the battle himself.

Another HUMAN tedency. Did not our noble leader Adun DIE leading a combat force? Did not Tassadar he who slew the first overmind GIVE HIS LIFE in battle?
That is prehaps the most disrespectful thing you could have said. You have no honor Murska, and have shamed your fore bearers!
:walks away dramaticly:
((This is entirely in the spirit of the Protoss, and no offense is meant by it. ))

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:45 PM
Another HUMAN tedency. Did not our noble leader Adun DIE leading a combat force? Did not Tassadar he who slew the first overmind GIVE HIS LIFE in battle?
That is prehaps the most disrespectful thing you could have said. You have no honor Murska, and have shamed your fore bearers!
((This is entirely in the spirit of the Protoss, and no offense is meant by it. ))

And how did Tassadar die? His COMMANDING Carrier, which never lands into the ground battle by the way, smashed into the overmind. And how did Adun die? Protecting his allies, not fighting.

Seriously, have you EVER been in command of a fleet? You will not be able to defeat the hive-mind of the Zerg or the organization of command of the terrans if you do not have full real-time command of your units. Planet-wide, that just does not happen unless you're in orbit.

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:50 PM
And how did Tassadar die? His COMMANDING Carrier, which never lands into the ground battle by the way, smashed into the overmind. And how did Adun die? Protecting his allies, not fighting.

Seriously, have you EVER been in command of a fleet? You will not be able to defeat the hive-mind of the Zerg or the organization of command of the terrans if you do not have full real-time command of your units. Planet-wide, that just does not happen unless you're in orbit.

I do believe you are ingorant of FTL (Faster than light) Communication. It allows REAL warriors like myself to fight on the field while simultanouesly dealing out death on the battle field.
your approach is lazy, and weak. Do any of us REALLY want a leader like him who will sit up in his high seat of safety cowering ,an d directing others to do deeds e himself is too weak to commit! I Say NAY to thee!

Duos
2008-11-24, 03:52 PM
It's a common mistake to stop producing workers. You need to keep making 'em at all times.

I love how one probe can create a firebase all alone. :smallbiggrin:

This is true, you can never have enough workers.

And *I* love how you can quarter the build time on terran building by adding SCVs. By the time your Gateway is warped in, I already have a half-dozen marines.

Murska
2008-11-24, 03:55 PM
This is true, you can never have enough workers.

And *I* love how you can quarter the build time on terran building by adding SCVs. By the time your Gateway is warped in, I already have a half-dozen marines.

Er, you can't quarter the build time on terran buildings by adding SCVs. :smallconfused:

EDIT: Real warriors like you? Ha. Now I'm pretty sure you haven't ever commanded a real battle, at most a skirmish of some hundreds of units. It is impossible for anyone to focus on the real time ordering of every single soldier on the battlefield while fighting. It just doesn't happen. There are legends that Adun might've succeeded in leading a small-ish battle while being in the thick of it but there's nothing proving that and nobody has ever been able to do the same.

Fan
2008-11-24, 03:59 PM
why you should nominate, and vote ME for Protoss ITP:

Today I come to you as a long time supporter of the Conclave, and one of the reformers that ensured the survival of the Protoss after the blunder of Tassadar at Auir. I myself navigated a Corsair loaded with the bravest warriors of the Conclave through the Portal that Jim Raynor, and our noble warrior stayed behind to defend so that one day. We would be able to strike back at the vile Zerg. Now I ask YOU to give ME the power to strike back at the vile filth spewing abominations which have disgraced our home so! Today I ask you to give me power as Protoss in the playground to organize our forces for a all out counter attack against the Core Zerg Hive world! It will be there that we will emerge Victorious, and although many will die in that great battle they will die as heroes on the field of battle rather than as cowards in the stinking hole of a world others would have us cower in. So, Fanboy or Protoss itp. Let us Be lead to ultimate victory under his reign, and may we prosper as never before!

also I'm the only one who's bothered with actually making more statements then "OMG you spelled that wrong!", or "Blah, blah, blah. Game mechanics that are irrelanvant in a real battle.", so vote for FF Fanboy otherwise known as FF Fanatic as synonym for Zealot.

And you are a armchair general my freind. too scared to see REAL combat, but content enough to give orders from his safe seat in the sky,

Murska
2008-11-24, 04:09 PM
why you should nominate, and vote ME for Protoss ITP:

Today I come to you as a long time supporter of the Conclave, and one of the reformers that ensured the survival of the Protoss after the blunder of Tassadar at Auir. I myself navigated a Corsair loaded with the bravest warriors of the Conclave through the Portal that Jim Raynor, and our noble warrior stayed behind to defend so that one day. We would be able to strike back at the vile Zerg. Now I ask YOU to give ME the power to strike back at the vile filth spewing abominations which have disgraced our home so! Today I ask you to give me power as Protoss in the playground to organize our forces for a all out counter attack against the Core Zerg Hive world! It will be there that we will emerge Victorious, and although many will die in that great battle they will die as heroes on the field of battle rather than as cowards in the stinking hole of a world others would have us cower in. So, Fanboy or Protoss itp. Let us Be lead to ultimate victory under his reign, and may we prosper as never before!

also I'm the only one who's bothered with actually making more statements then "OMG you spelled that wrong!", or "Blah, blah, blah. Game mechanics that are irrelanvant in a real battle.", so vote for FF Fanboy otherwise known as FF Fanatic as synonym for Zealot.

And you are a armchair general my freind. too scared to see REAL combat, but content enough to give orders from his safe seat in the sky,

What folly and insolence. Not only have you insulted Tassadar, one of the greatest heroes our race has ever seen, and our hosts, the Dark Templar, one of whom you are yourself since only the Dark Templar can fly Corsairs, you are advising us to do a foolish head-on attack against the at the moment superior Zerg forces. And then you insult me, claiming that you would be better in combat? Fine, if you want to fight the Zerg, go alone and die against the tiniest part of the vast Zerg horde. I've seen more battles than you have had coherent thoughts in your entire life, and I know that the only way to win a war with something like Zerg is to use cunning strategy. I know it is painful to admit, but this is a foe we cannot defeat head-on. The enemy will create new soldiers faster than we can kill them, and however many your blades fell, more of them will come.

OOC: Game mechanics are what the 'real battles' are all about, since this is about STARCRAFT ITP. Starcraft is the RTS game and the real battles are the ones played in that, not the ones depicted in fluff.

Fan
2008-11-24, 04:19 PM
What folly and insolence. Not only have you insulted Tassadar, one of the greatest heroes our race has ever seen, and our hosts, the Dark Templar, one of whom you are yourself since only the Dark Templar can fly Corsairs, you are advising us to do a foolish head-on attack against the at the moment superior Zerg forces. And then you insult me, claiming that you would be better in combat? Fine, if you want to fight the Zerg, go alone and die against the tiniest part of the vast Zerg horde. I've seen more battles than you have had coherent thoughts in your entire life, and I know that the only way to win a war with something like Zerg is to use cunning strategy. I know it is painful to admit, but this is a foe we cannot defeat head-on. The enemy will create new soldiers faster than we can kill them, and however many your blades fell, more of them will come.

OOC: Game mechanics are what the 'real battles' are all about, since this is about STARCRAFT ITP. Starcraft is the RTS game and the real battles are the ones played in that, not the ones depicted in fluff.

I insulted none..Also the fall of Auir WAS Tassadars fault, and even the Conclave rest their souls exiled him before the entire city was over run. it was HIS tacticle error that caused the deaths of so many. Cunning is all good, and well, but when you have a goblue of acid that size of your head coming at you cunning saves your life. so do not speak to me of cunning. Cunning is the ability to solve a problem in the heat of the moment in creative, or unexpected ways, and it is off CUNNING that a warrior surivives. What we Protoss NEED is not a weak spineless leader such as you who cannot even manage the use of adivsors, and PRE PLANNING in a battle in order to devote your FULL power to destorying the enemies which took down the things you held most dear. so, YES I MAY DIE, but it will be then that i die a hero in the heat of battle remebred forever as the protoss who gave his life to save the lives of his brethern. THAT is the true purpose of the Protoss. Sacrfice to the preserve the lives of our kin, and to protect our homeworld.
also REAL WORL battles are entirely different from the video game battles. the difference is that REAL things are dying around you as bullets, and acid fly around you charging into the battle field. Not mecahnicly issued orders from a man high up in the sky waiting for the battle to be over so he either take all the glory for doing nothing, or crawl away with his crew claiming defeat. The REAL General's, and Leaders are the ones we need to lead us in these times of horror. We need Protoss who is as willing to abandon his life to save that of his fellows. A man of Iron WILL, and even harder mettle!

Murska
2008-11-24, 04:29 PM
I insulted none..Also the fall of Auir WAS Tassadars fault, and even the Conclave rest their souls exiled him before the entire city was over run. it was HIS tacticle error that caused the deaths of so many. Cunning is all good, and well, but when you have a goblue of acid that size of your head coming at you cunning saves your life. so do not speak to me of cunning. Cunning is the ability to solve a problem in the heat of the moment in creative, or unexpected ways, and it is off CUNNING that a warrior surivives. What we Protoss NEED is not a weak spineless leader such as you who cannot even manage the use of adivsors, and PRE PLANNING in a battle in order to devote your FULL power to destorying the enemies which took down the things you held most dear. so, YES I MAY DIE, but it will be then that i die a hero in the heat of battle remebred forever as the protoss who gave his life to save the lives of his brethern. THAT is the true purpose of the Protoss. Sacrfice to the preserve the lives of our kin, and to protect our homeworld.
also REAL WORL battles are entirely different from the video game battles. the difference is that REAL things are dying around you as bullets, and acid fly around you charging into the battle field. Not mecahnicly issued orders from a man high up in the sky waiting for the battle to be over so he either take all the glory for doing nothing, or crawl away with his crew claiming defeat. The REAL General's, and Leaders are the ones we need to lead us in these times of horror. We need Protoss who is as willing to abandon his life to save that of his fellows. A man of Iron WILL, and even harder mettle!

You're willing to sacrifice all command structure and masses of your own troops just so you can seek for personal glory on the battlefield? You do not win battles by dying for your people, you win them by making the enemy die for his! I know that if I were to warp down to a certain sector of the planet, I could save maybe a hundred warriors from death, but at the same time I would condemn a thousand others to die in their stead to an ambush I could have warned them about if I had stayed in my position.

And you, do not DARE to speak about Tassadar that way. It is HIS actions that saved our race from extinction by destroying the overmind which was taking control of the planet. Yes, it threw the Zerg forces, which had already destroyed our army, mostly because of people like you, clinging to your failing traditions, into a frenzy, but it saved the planet from being enslaved and it stopped the Zerg from incorporating the Protoss into the swarm. We managed to escape because of the alliances HE had created and now we're still alive only because of him. :smallmad:

EN TARO TASSADAR!

OOC: Please don't mix OOC into IC, and besides, there is no REAL Protoss or Zerg so your speech about real battles vs. computer ones doesn't really make sense. :smallannoyed:

Duos
2008-11-24, 04:30 PM
Er, you can't quarter the build time on terran buildings by adding SCVs. :smallconfused:

You can. Each SCV added to the building takes additional resources, but cuts the build time by a bit. There's no limit to the number of SCVs you can do this with, it stacks endlessly. (It's like what humans can do in WCIII, this is where that came from, btw.) Of course, You need a LOT of them, But with fast reflexes and good micro, it's possible to do as I said.

Murska
2008-11-24, 04:32 PM
You can. Each SCV added to the building takes additional resources, but cuts the build time by a bit. There's no limit to the number of SCVs you can do this with, it stacks endlessly. (It's like what humans can do in WCIII, this is where that came from, btw.) Of course, You need a LOT of them, But with fast reflexes and good micro, it's possible to do as I said.

What? We're talking about Starcraft 1, right? Only one SCV can construct a building at any one time. This is a fact, I'm 100% certain of it and if it weren't so, the game would be so imbalanced it wouldn't be even funny.

Cynan Machae
2008-11-24, 04:33 PM
Did you just say that Adun died leading a combat force? I thought you said you read The Dark Templar books. His death was caused by your almighty Conclave, which failed in doing what you just said, protecting the life of their people.

Anyway.

Fan
2008-11-24, 04:37 PM
You're willing to sacrifice all command structure and masses of your own troops just so you can seek for personal glory on the battlefield? You do not win battles by dying for your people, you win them by making the enemy die for his! I know that if I were to warp down to a certain sector of the planet, I could save maybe a hundred warriors from death, but at the same time I would condemn a thousand others to die in their stead to an ambush I could have warned them about if I had stayed in my position.

And you, do not DARE to speak about Tassadar that way. It is HIS actions that saved our race from extinction by destroying the overmind which was taking control of the planet. Yes, it threw the Zerg forces, which had already destroyed our army, mostly because of people like you, clinging to your failing traditions, into a frenzy, but it saved the planet from being enslaved and it stopped the Zerg from incorporating the Protoss into the swarm. We managed to escape because of the alliances HE had created and now we're still alive only because of him. :smallmad:

OOC: Please don't mix OOC into IC, and besides, there is no REAL Protoss or Zerg so your speech about real battles vs. computer ones doesn't really make sense. :smallannoyed:
((I go by fluff, as the fluff is vastly surperior to the campign mode.... That may just be bcause I'm a bibilophile. ))
The ENTIRE REASON the army was destroyed in the first place is BECAUSE of him he left a gap wide enoguh for the Zerg to punch through for a folly expenditure he was taking to prusue some "rumoured" Zerg forces. It was HIS actions that brought the fall of Auir. Tassadar was a fool who only redeemed himself in his dying hours through making the ultimate sacrfice! thus the planet would have never been undenreath the Overminds foul stench, and we would have been able to decimate the Queen of Blades, and the Overmind shortly with our forces unmolested by the Zergs foul touch, and BILLIONS of lives saved!

Murska
2008-11-24, 04:41 PM
((I go by fluff, as the fluff is vastly surperior to the campign mode.... That may just be bcause I'm a bibilophile. ))
The ENTIRE REASON the army was destroyed in the first place is BECAUSE of him he left a gap wide enoguh for the Zerg to punch through for a folly expenditure he was taking to prusue some "rumoured" Zerg forces. It was HIS actions that brought the fall of Auir. Tassadar was a fool who only redeemed himself in his dying hours through making the ultimate sacrfice! thus the planet would have never been undenreath the Overminds foul stench, and we would have been able to decimate the Queen of Blades, and the Overmind shortly with our forces unmolested by the Zergs foul touch, and BILLIONS of lives saved!

What are you talking about, anyway? Not only did the Protoss never have a large enough army to stop the Zerg once the Overmind found out the location of Aiur, it was the Conclave which sent a large fleet to arrest Tassadar, who was, with a tiny regiment of units, working with the Dark Templar to uncover the secret of destroying the Cerebrates.

Duos
2008-11-24, 04:43 PM
What? We're talking about Starcraft 1, right? Only one SCV can construct a building at any one time. This is a fact, I'm 100% certain of it and if it weren't so, the game would be so imbalanced it wouldn't be even funny.

The way it balances is the additional SCVs have to stop harvesting resources, and if they don't you need to build additional SCVs to do it, which costs additional resources and time.. The build time decrease is not exponential, nor is it huge; and like I said, it costs additional minerals (And possible vespene, depending on what you're building). The additional cost stacks too. If you are fast enough, and task SCVs as soon as they're produced, and build nothing else to conserve resources, it's possible. The trick is to start construction, stop, and attack it. This allows other SCVs to repair it. This is what allows it to be 'built' faster. you still need one SCV building. Blizzard may have fixed this in an early patch, I don't know; I haven't been on B-net to play this in years. I still kick around in campaign for fun, though.

Murska
2008-11-24, 04:44 PM
The way it balances is the additional SCVs have to stop harvesting resources, and if they don't you need to build additional SCVs to do it, which costs additional resources and time.. The build time decrease is not exponential, nor is it huge; and like I said, it costs additional minerals (And possible vespene, depending on what you're building). The additional cost stacks too. If you are fast enough, and task SCVs as soon as they're produced, and build nothing else to conserve resources, it's possible. The trick is to start construction, stop, and attack it. This allows other SCVs to repair it. This is what allows it to be 'built' faster. you still need one SCV building. Blizzard may have fixed this in an early patch, I don't know; I haven't been on B-net to play this in years. I still kick around in campaign for fun, though.

This must have been something about an early patch. For one, it's never used in any of the pro-games I've watched or, indeed in ANY games I've ever seen. And for other, it's still imbalanced. SCVs cost 50 minerals, having an early Marine group wins you the game.

Fan
2008-11-24, 04:44 PM
What are you talking about, anyway? Not only did the Protoss never have a large enough army to stop the Zerg once the Overmind found out the location of Aiur, it was the Conclave which sent a large fleet to arrest Tassadar, who was, with a tiny regiment of units, working with the Dark Templar to uncover the secret of destroying the Cerebrates.
He took the units, and was the most prominet general. They needed him on the front lines rather then doing things like reserach. LEAVE THE RESEARCH TO THE SCIENTISTS!

Duos
2008-11-24, 05:04 PM
This must have been something about an early patch. For one, it's never used in any of the pro-games I've watched or, indeed in ANY games I've ever seen. And for other, it's still imbalanced. SCVs cost 50 minerals, having an early Marine group wins you the game.

Eh. The problem lay in that in order to get enough SCVs to really make a difference, you either had to have incredible macro and good reflexes, or you just didn't bother because the time saved versus the additional minerals spent was like 350 minerals for a twenty-five second build time decrease. Late game, that's nothing, in the beginning? Life or death.

Glenstorm
2008-11-24, 05:58 PM

I've been playing since 3 days after the game came out, and I'm positive that never worked :smallconfused:

Anyways, what is this, Protoss in the playground? I want to see some zerg candidates convincing me that they deserve the privilege of having my swarm serve under them!

Duos
2008-11-24, 06:21 PM
I've been playing since 3 days after the game came out, and I'm positive that never worked :smallconfused:

It wasn't really a builder stack. It was a glitch that let SCVs repair damaged building being constructed, and this made them build a little faster. Apparently Blizzard fixed it really quickly.

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-25, 02:19 AM
Whoa! How have I not seen this before?!? Vote Orange Zergling and Murska believe me. No one else is qualified for zerg and protoss itp.

Wait! Crap now Cynan's in for Zerg (and Glenstorm?). Um... vote for both Cynan and Zergling (and Glenstorm?) as zerg itp! If I find another protoss I know I will have to go crazy.

I don't know deathslayer7, but so far he or she has given the best defense of terran thus far.

I support this idea.

It wasn't really a builder stack. It was a glitch that let SCVs repair damaged building being constructed, and this made them build a little faster. Apparently Blizzard fixed it really quickly.

First of all this is nothing like what you suggested earlier:

In this model there is a specific purposefully designed way that scvs speed up the building process without any mention of damage or repair. And I'm sorry, but neither of these aspects were ever in the game at any point.

Fan
2008-11-25, 04:32 AM
I severely doubt that Murska is qualifies as his entire refor not even being close enough to the battle to at least deal out a couple psi storm out into the atomsphere is so he wont get injured. COWARDLY. We protoss dont like cowards.:smallannoyed:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-25, 07:25 AM
I severely doubt that Murska is qualifies as his entire refor not even being close enough to the battle to at least deal out a couple psi storm out into the atomsphere is so he wont get injured. COWARDLY. We protoss dont like cowards.:smallannoyed:

If you are a warrior, a Zealot I can understand if you are following the concept of honor.
But as a commander of the forces you can't afford such things.

As a leader you are responsible for the lifes of all the units under your command, if you would die at the battlefield all the units you had under your command will be lost.

If you throw yourself in the battlefield the enemy forces will quickly focus the fire on you, they will see that you are the leader, the head of the army and you know what happends once you cut off the head of something right?

Let the warriors in your unit worry about being honorific, your duty is to keep them alive and choose your if you fail that duty by dying in some meaningless fight you have failed that duty, you have failed your soliders.

The question is, do you want to risk both your life and the lives of everyone in your command for the concepts of honor?

Fan
2008-11-25, 07:34 AM
If you are a warrior, a Zealot I can understand if you are following the concept of honor.
But as a commander of the forces you can't afford such things.

As a leader you are responsible for the lifes of all the units under your command, if you would die at the battlefield all the units you had under your command will be lost.

If you throw yourself in the battlefield the enemy forces will quickly focus the fire on you, they will see that you are the leader, the head of the army and you know what happends once you cut off the head of something right?

Let the warriors in your unit worry about being honorific, your duty is to keep them alive and choose your if you fail that duty by dying in some meaningless fight you have failed that duty, you have failed your soliders.

The question is, do you want to risk both your life and the lives of everyone in your command for the concepts of honor?

Well, of coruse, but as I said the true spirit of the Protoss is the spirit of the warrior, and that is the thing I embody most. I ask what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Protoss? Why the Zealot of coruse just as the first thing you think of for a Zerg, or terran is the zergling, and the Marine. The spirit of the a warrior is what the best, and most dedicated Protoss embody. Not the spirit of the general. The General is good, and it is a safe bet to keep him high in the air, but he is not one of us for his amount of dedication amounts to petty words, and throwing around orders regardless of the death toll it takes on us Zealots. They dont really do anything that the ground commanders dont, and to be honest a holographic display map is nowhere near as clear for what you need to do as being in the thick of battle yourself. It is there that you see where the most help is needed, and how to best help those brave warriors in need of back up. sure your taking a risk by being within miles of the battle field, but it is from there you can do the most good, and even if you are in space you cna still be taken down by the orbital forces of the flith spewing, vile monstorsites we all oppose.

Murska
2008-11-25, 08:53 AM
Well, of coruse, but as I said the true spirit of the Protoss is the spirit of the warrior, and that is the thing I embody most. I ask what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Protoss? Why the Zealot of coruse just as the first thing you think of for a Zerg, or terran is the zergling, and the Marine. The spirit of the a warrior is what the best, and most dedicated Protoss embody. Not the spirit of the general. The General is good, and it is a safe bet to keep him high in the air, but he is not one of us for his amount of dedication amounts to petty words, and throwing around orders regardless of the death toll it takes on us Zealots. They dont really do anything that the ground commanders dont, and to be honest a holographic display map is nowhere near as clear for what you need to do as being in the thick of battle yourself. It is there that you see where the most help is needed, and how to best help those brave warriors in need of back up. sure your taking a risk by being within miles of the battle field, but it is from there you can do the most good, and even if you are in space you cna still be taken down by the orbital forces of the flith spewing, vile monstorsites we all oppose.

So you are a warrior dedicated to the Protoss cause if you are willing to doom our whole race just for personal glory? You are not dedicated if you're willing to forsake that just to help the warriors survive and be victorious? You feel that if the general who arranges the warps of the ground force, ambushes his enemy's superior army from a ledge with dragoons, drops Reavers into his base and snipes his production buildings and then wipes him out with minimal casualties is, after the battle, claiming the credit for the victory for doing nothing?

First you direct your words to the Conclave and the Khalai, offering to lead the protoss army to victory by a mindless head-on attack exactly the likes of which we lost to the Zerg at the start of the war, and then you claim to be a zealot, a warrior? Ground Commanders can and will not have a perfect overall picture of the battlefield and thus cannot direct the forces effectively unless the embodiment of the Protoss, the Templar, appointed as an Executor to lead his fleet, is giving those orders. You cannot win a terran army with a head-on attack and the Terran's mines and tanks will destroy you. You cannot rush a Zerg head-long, but instead you have to stop his attempt at harassing you while destroying his economy. You cannot do these things unless you know what is going on everywhere around the battle at all times. And there is absolutely no way a ground commander can keep up-to-date with the events in a planet-wide battle.

If, by your rebellious words, you are implying that the Zealots would do better alone on the ground without support from the carriers above or the commanders in the Nexus, and with no way to warp in reinforcements where they are needed or to bring additional technology to the planet, go ahead and try that once against a full-sized Zerg brood. I guarantee, you will not return to tell the tale. No, the embodiment of Protoss is the spirit of the commander. That is why Zealots are Zealots and Executors are Executors; the latter have learned to control their arrogant and headstrong impulses and have forsaken the futile search for personal glory for the duty and good of the whole Protoss race.

OOC: Why when you think of Protoss you think of the Zealot? Maybe because it's the most basic unit, the one you get first and the one most often mentioned? Whenever I, on the other hand, think of Protoss, I think of the Templar caste for I feel they show the best in Protoss, the sense of duty and honor.

Archonic Energy
2008-11-25, 09:13 AM
OOC: Why when you think of Protoss you think of the Zealot? Maybe because it's the most basic unit, the one you get first and the one most often mentioned? Whenever I, on the other hand, think of Protoss, I think of the Templar caste for I feel they show the best in Protoss, the sense of duty and honor.

Strange i always consider the Archons the most "protossy" unit
there's nothing like recalling 9 Carriers & 9 Archons into someone's base...

though if you get to that point then you've been toying with them for too long

i need more people to nominate, especially Terran!

Murska
2008-11-25, 09:16 AM
Strange i always consider the Archons the most "protossy" unit
there's nothing like recalling 9 Carriers & 9 Archons into someone's base...

though if you get to that point then you've been toying with them for too long

i need more people to nominate, especially Terran!

Heh. I rarely see such groups in real games. Archons, I think of as an extension to the Templars, for they're basically Templar Psionic Force after the templars sacrifice themselves to create one. Carriers are also iconic Protoss units, though.

Winterwind
2008-11-25, 09:43 AM
Whoa! How have I not seen this before?!? Vote Orange Zergling and Murska believe me. No one else is qualified for zerg and protoss itp.

Wait! Crap now Cynan's in for Zerg (and Glenstorm?). Um... vote for both Cynan and Zergling (and Glenstorm?) as zerg itp! If I find another protoss I know I will have to go crazy.Be glad I'm not participating in this contest then. :smalltongue:
This aside, I fully support the sentiments expressed by LK in the part I quoted. :smallwink:

OOC: Why when you think of Protoss you think of the Zealot? Maybe because it's the most basic unit, the one you get first and the one most often mentioned? Whenever I, on the other hand, think of Protoss, I think of the Templar caste for I feel they show the best in Protoss, the sense of duty and honor.Zealots are part of the Templar caste though, Murska - its youngest members yet waiting to prove themselves and serving their race, even if their duty should claim their lives.

Murska
2008-11-25, 09:48 AM
Zealots are part of the Templar caste though, Murska - its youngest members yet waiting to prove themselves and serving their race, even if their duty should claim their lives.

True. I don't know why I wrote Caste when I just meant the unit types in the game. Dark Templar, High Templar and the respective Archons. :smallredface:

Fan
2008-11-25, 10:11 AM
So you are a warrior dedicated to the Protoss cause if you are willing to doom our whole race just for personal glory? You are not dedicated if you're willing to forsake that just to help the warriors survive and be victorious? You feel that if the general who arranges the warps of the ground force, ambushes his enemy's superior army from a ledge with dragoons, drops Reavers into his base and snipes his production buildings and then wipes him out with minimal casualties is, after the battle, claiming the credit for the victory for doing nothing?

First you direct your words to the Conclave and the Khalai, offering to lead the protoss army to victory by a mindless head-on attack exactly the likes of which we lost to the Zerg at the start of the war, and then you claim to be a zealot, a warrior? Ground Commanders can and will not have a perfect overall picture of the battlefield and thus cannot direct the forces effectively unless the embodiment of the Protoss, the Templar, appointed as an Executor to lead his fleet, is giving those orders. You cannot win a terran army with a head-on attack and the Terran's mines and tanks will destroy you. You cannot rush a Zerg head-long, but instead you have to stop his attempt at harassing you while destroying his economy. You cannot do these things unless you know what is going on everywhere around the battle at all times. And there is absolutely no way a ground commander can keep up-to-date with the events in a planet-wide battle.

If, by your rebellious words, you are implying that the Zealots would do better alone on the ground without support from the carriers above or the commanders in the Nexus, and with no way to warp in reinforcements where they are needed or to bring additional technology to the planet, go ahead and try that once against a full-sized Zerg brood. I guarantee, you will not return to tell the tale. No, the embodiment of Protoss is the spirit of the commander. That is why Zealots are Zealots and Executors are Executors; the latter have learned to control their arrogant and headstrong impulses and have forsaken the futile search for personal glory for the duty and good of the whole Protoss race.

I said that leaders have their place, but our best, and greatest leaders Adun among them have lead forces personally. You not only have admitted to not being CAPABLE of doing such a feat, but have also said that it would be stupid to do so. So, in that respect you have called Adun, and our dark templar freinds. Also my quest is not for peronsal glory, but glory for the race as a whole. yes, we may die, but that will have been the will of the Khala. that is where you are ignorant. you believe yourself to be above your brethern simply becuase you think your self above arrogance, but in tht statement of itself you have been more arrogant then even the most cocksure Scout jockey. To be quite honest I'm even doubting that you are a Templar for they as Zealots are taught to hate their enemies with a burning hot passion, and to hunt them down to the ends of the galaxies. YHou focus on industrial damage which is a good tactic, but you cant deal out industrial damage if the enemy is not being taken out. You speak of Archons, and Templar being the most noble of the units, but even the most mighty Archon was at one point one of us. A Zealot. We are the base of our power, and we become the higher tiers. You yourself are a hypocrite if you think otherwise due to your own support of the high templar. yes I respect the order, and the value of having a commander, but in the heat of battle sometimes orders have to be ignored in the sake of saving lives.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-25, 10:25 AM
I wanna be a Zerg! Rar! GRRRRRR! ZERG!

Archonic Energy
2008-11-25, 10:47 AM
Heh. I rarely see such groups in real games.

yeah, like i said if you can get to that point you should have already won.

also IMHO sacrficing 18 High Templars is rather stupid you can have much more fun with 18 HTs casting Psionic Storm... :smallamused:

and if it's fun you want, nothing beats sending in 15 halutionations of Carriers, just to hear the scream of W T F from down the hall... :smallbiggrin:

it's even funnier when next time you do it with REAL carriers.

@^ heh suddenly i have a mental image of hundreds of zergified Llamas charging towards me...

Fan
2008-11-25, 10:49 AM
yes, the only archons that are worth making are the dark archons, and thats for their feedback, and their poesession abilities.
man, I love possessing a terran SCV, and making identical command center to their own. So. MUCH. FUN.
Of coruse by then your just toying with them,.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-25, 10:59 AM
I made it into the polls and didnt even asked to be put there? :smallconfused:

*shrugs*

Murska
2008-11-25, 03:34 PM
yes, the only archons that are worth making are the dark archons, and thats for their feedback, and their poesession abilities.
man, I love possessing a terran SCV, and making identical command center to their own. So. MUCH. FUN.
Of coruse by then your just toying with them,.

That is just wrong. One of the most effective counters to Mutalisk harassment is an Archon. And later in a PvZ, Archons are irreplaceable since Archon/Zealot is the only feasible counter against crackling/ultra. Archons are, IMHO, more often used than Dark Archons.

And AE: The High Templars first cast Psi-Storm and then do a battlefield merge when they're out of energy for instant massive HP in shields and a warping in powerful unit the enemy must focus on before it gets in. In the meanwhile your army can do that much damage.

To respond to your IC post, FFF:

The best and greatest leaders of the Protoss have lead small task groups on the ground, usually supported by someone having information of the full-scale situation. Never has anyone been able to direct a full battle from the middle of the fight. Do you claim to be capable of organizing and directing the armed forces of even a small Protoss fleet in a planetary-scale engagement while dueling with your psi-blades against a group of Zerglings? If you do, you are lying. As you know, the Zealots are the inexperienced and young Templars, the best of whom get trained to the higher tiers. Why should we choose our leader and the embodiment of our values from this lowest tier of soldiers? If we think of any representative of any nation's values, never is a civilian picked from the street when you're asked the question, "Who is the symbol of this nation?". It is always a leader, a general, someone who has with his skill and ability risen above and beyond the normal capabilities of the race.

I have never considered myself personally more important than the footsoldiers of our fleets, but since I have the duty and the responsibility of keeping them alive, I have to keep myself alive. You're basically saying that you'd rather lose a whole starsystem, the entire fleet and every single soldier under your command than, say, retreat and wait for a better moment to strike. That is simply foolish.

Not to mention that your remarks about my supposed 'cowardice' are getting annoying. I have been in more ground battles than you have seen enemies and I'm still alive to tell the tale. And since we're choosing the leader here, if you want to test your mettle in a practice battle, I am always ready.

Fan
2008-11-25, 03:45 PM
That is just wrong. One of the most effective counters to Mutalisk harassment is an Archon. And later in a PvZ, Archons are irreplaceable since Archon/Zealot is the only feasible counter against crackling/ultra. Archons are, IMHO, more often used than Dark Archons.

And AE: The High Templars first cast Psi-Storm and then do a battlefield merge when they're out of energy for instant massive HP in shields and a warping in powerful unit the enemy must focus on before it gets in. In the meanwhile your army can do that much damage.

To respond to your IC post, FFF:

The best and greatest leaders of the Protoss have lead small task groups on the ground, usually supported by someone having information of the full-scale situation. Never has anyone been able to direct a full battle from the middle of the fight. Do you claim to be capable of organizing and directing the armed forces of even a small Protoss fleet in a planetary-scale engagement while dueling with your psi-blades against a group of Zerglings? If you do, you are lying. As you know, the Zealots are the inexperienced and young Templars, the best of whom get trained to the higher tiers. Why should we choose our leader and the embodiment of our values from this lowest tier of soldiers? If we think of any representative of any nation's values, never is a civilian picked from the street when you're asked the question, "Who is the symbol of this nation?". It is always a leader, a general, someone who has with his skill and ability risen above and beyond the normal capabilities of the race.

I have never considered myself personally more important than the footsoldiers of our fleets, but since I have the duty and the responsibility of keeping them alive, I have to keep myself alive. You're basically saying that you'd rather lose a whole starsystem, the entire fleet and every single soldier under your command than, say, retreat and wait for a better moment to strike. That is simply foolish.

Not to mention that your remarks about my supposed 'cowardice' are getting annoying. I have been in more ground battles than you have seen enemies and I'm still alive to tell the tale. And since we're choosing the leader here, if you want to test your mettle in a practice battle, I am always ready.

*Cackles madly* I'm sorry OLD MAN, but you wouldn't have the chance of a snow flake in the center of a sun. If you want we can go right now, but i severely doubt you'll be able to handle.. after all it is YOUR funeral. :smallamused:
Also I said nothing about not knowiing when to retreat a good Zealot always knows that its better to draw back ,and strike from a more advantagous position than to charge straight into enemy lines. Are you insinuating that I'am stupid? Because those are words you would most certainly REGRET.:smallmad:

Murska
2008-11-25, 03:48 PM
*Cackles madly* I'm sorry OLD MAN, but you wouldn't have the chance of a snow flake in the center of a sun. If you want we can go right now, but i severely doubt you'll be able to handle.. after all it is YOUR funeral. :smallamused:
Also I said nothing about not knowiing when to retreat a good Zealot always knows that its better to draw back ,and strike from a more advantagous position than to charge straight into enemy lines. Are you insinuating that I'am stupid? Because those are words you would most certainly REGRET.:smallmad:

OOC: Practice battle, not a duel, means that we command our forces against each other, not in single combat. Not that I wouldn't beat you in that one either. Since you're a Zealot, that means I have stronger psionic powers and I've fought a lot more, too.

Fan
2008-11-25, 03:51 PM
OOC: Practice battle, not a duel, means that we command our forces against each other, not in single combat. Not that I wouldn't beat you in that one either. Since you're a Zealot, that means I have stronger psionic powers and I've fought a lot more, too.
Things you forget you may have more powerful PSIONICS, but as a general, and a high templar you dont carry energy blades. Also rumour has it you aren;t very good at physical combat, and have a tendency to give in under extreme PAIN. "ignites his energy blades" *attempts to trip Murska while thinking about two old men showering* (to prevent psionic intrusion.:smalltongue:)

Murska
2008-11-25, 04:04 PM
Things you forget you may have more powerful PSIONICS, but as a general, and a high templar you dont carry energy blades. Also rumour has it you aren;t very good at physical combat, and have a tendency to give in under extreme PAIN. "ignites his energy blades" *attempts to trip Murska while thinking about two old men showering* (to prevent psionic intrusion.:smalltongue:)

Well that rumour is wrong. *uses psionic energy to stop FFF on his tracks and prepares a strong psionic storm to be used at a moment's notice* Also, do not threaten people in here. And I can always use Psi Assault for physical combat, if for some reason my mental powers aren't enough. Not to mention that *creates five hallucinations of self* you'd never know which of me to hit, if you'd ever get a strike through. And, thanks to our host *maelstorms* I can immobilize you while my storms do their job.

Fan
2008-11-25, 04:07 PM
*shoves off the psionic assulut*
One thing you forget I happen to be on the verge of becoming a High Templar myself, and would have been already if not for the fall of Auir, and thus the loss of twelve of my records. 5 of which correlate entirely to my speed. *Zealot speed warp* Also Hallucinations dont make much sense when I've already seen where you are. *spining whirlwind blade attack!*

Winterwind
2008-11-25, 05:20 PM
And the above fight between two formidable Templar splendidly demonstrates the tragedy of the Protoss race. Had it not been for arrogance, for discord amongst the Protoss ranks, who knows? Maybe holy Aiur would not have fallen to the foul swarms of the Zerg. :smallfrown:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-25, 06:58 PM
And the above fight between two formidable Templar splendidly demonstrates the tragedy of the Protoss race. Had it not been for arrogance, for discord amongst the Protoss ranks, who knows? Maybe holy Aiur would not have fallen to the foul swarms of the Zerg. :smallfrown:

Good thing they're so blinded by their obvious superiority :smallwink:

Anyway, I think it would have fallen anyway I mean come on, sure in the game you can't have more than 400 lings, but that doesn't really apply to the universe of the game, where billions of zerg can descend upon you without warning in a chittering hissing horde of destruction and death! BWAHAHAHA!

Duos
2008-11-25, 07:02 PM
Of course, the one thing that the swarm truly fears is splash damage. SPLAAASH DAMAAAAGE!
*Nukes thrice, then sets up seige tanks to bombard the rest of the swarm to death*

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-25, 07:07 PM
... I believe that the old quote goes "DEATH FROM ABOVE!" You'll have so many muties and Guardians raining down on your precious Nuclear Silos and Siege Tanks there will be a veritable sea of acid, and the Symbiotes will be swimming in it by the millions :smalltongue:

Duos
2008-11-25, 07:16 PM
But isn't that what Valkyires, and soon, Vikings, are for?

Player_Zero
2008-11-25, 07:18 PM
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C5e6eG6bXAQ)

Zerg rush. Kekeke.

Pylons. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G2-TgQJamu8)

You've not enough minerals.

...More vespene gas.

...That is all.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-25, 07:42 PM
But isn't that what Valkyires, and soon, Vikings, are for?

And THAT is what massed Scourges and Devourer Swarms are for

Cynan Machae
2008-11-25, 07:56 PM
I'd add defilers against any strong air force.

I jsut wanted to post to say I've edited my first post and added my campaigning speech (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5342409&postcount=22).

Darkcomet
2008-11-25, 08:43 PM
Shiny. DC apparently stopped sucking. Thanks guys!

Also, nuking Zerg bases repeatedly is fun.

Duos
2008-11-25, 09:30 PM
Aaaaand cue the Goliaths.

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-25, 10:39 PM
Only one can be chosen to represent the driving force behind the collective mind of the Swarm. Only one can control this collective conscioussness, only one can bring this unity of mind to the purest race known.

So I am presenting myself as a candidate for the Zerg in the Playground. Why should you chose me? First of all, I’m quite certain that my experience as a Zerg Cerebrate outclasses any of the other candidates. Not only I’m still leading the Swarm to further their quest of perfecting their genetic code each week at the GitP SC sessions, but I’ve formed other Cerebrates, linked them to the hive mind, and made them understand how to respect the will of the Swarm. Anyone doubting the strength of my Brood is free to issue me a challenge.

In order to better the genome of the Swarm and assimilate other species, you have to vote for me for Zerg in the Playground. I live for the Swarm!

I think the middle paragraph was for me wasn't it? ;p

Raroy
2008-11-25, 10:40 PM
Greetings, fellow Terrans. I am aware of the hardships we face in our era. Aliens, destructive, war mongering creatures who carve a path of destruction without any sense we can understand. They come to fight, fight anything that there is to fight. My people, they've come to fight us. The damage dealt to the UED has left a hole in my heart. A void that can not be filled with pettiness. Oh no, my Terrans. It is a hole that must be filled sanctity, sanctity to preserve ourselves, and everything we believe in. They, they come to smash our being, to rip our very souls apart from our bodies and devour any sense of life and belief whole!

We have overcome all hardships in our past. Of every tragedy in human history, we still stood and pressed on. I ask this of you, to stand beside me and preserve. To believe in me, and believe in our abilities to live on. We are Terrans, and we will survive.

Darkcomet
2008-11-25, 11:41 PM
Terran
Raroy
deathslayer7
Darkcomet

Terran
Dirk Kris
Darkcomet
deathslayer7 (I support nukes for the people.:smallamused:)

Say whaaaaaat? I got two votes?

Deathslayer7
2008-11-25, 11:50 PM
your telling me. i didnt even choose to run and im getting votes. :smalltongue:

Raroy
2008-11-25, 11:51 PM
I suppose you just lack presence. I did not even know you posted in this thread.

Duos
2008-11-25, 11:52 PM
@ DC:You posted in this thread and used the word 'Terran'. I don't think LK was paying enough attention. Me? I wanted to give my vote to someone I was sure wouldn't make it, ensuring easier competition. I mean, I think you'd make a GREAT Terran ITP.:smalltongue: Thanks for the vote, though, I aprreciate it.:smallsmile:

@Deathslayer: yeah, but you like nukes. That's perfect!:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-11-25, 11:53 PM
Aaaaand cue the Goliaths.

Goliath online.

You rang, sir?

((Anyway, I've had a rough day, so seeing that really helped. :smallsmile:))

Deathslayer7
2008-11-25, 11:55 PM
i love nukes. :smallamused:

Raroy
2008-11-25, 11:57 PM
@ DC:You posted in this thread and used the word 'Terran'. I don't think LK was paying enough attention. Me? I wanted to give my vote to someone I was sure wouldn't make it, ensuring easier competition. I mean, I think you'd make a GREAT Terran ITP.:smalltongue: Thanks for the vote, though, I aprreciate it.:smallsmile:

@Deathslayer: yeah, but you like nukes. That's perfect!:smalltongue:

*Lets out a contented sigh* I feel so much better knowing how well you think of me. Even though we are of the same kin, we are enemies politically. Let us have a good toss up.

Darkcomet
2008-11-25, 11:57 PM
In other news, I just violated the Geneva Convention... I lost count how many times. Pesky Zerg don't like to stay dead, you see.

Elrond
2008-11-26, 01:49 AM
OOOOO pick me pick me for protoss in the playground coz i played my first starcraft game today and i was protoss and i won:smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-26, 05:04 AM
*MIND-CONTROL*
FF fanboy, Murska, STOP IT!
there are more pressing matters than which one of you is superior.
there are Zerg to kill & Terrans to... purge
besides you should both know i'm the most superior here..
*releases Mind-Control*
phew i'm exausted, i think i need to sit next to a shield battery for a bit.

(yeah, i know you can't MC 2 units, but i'm a "special" dark archon)

Say whaaaaaat? I got two votes?
technically at this stage they are nominations...

Fan
2008-11-26, 05:43 AM
Good thing they're so blinded by their obvious superiority :smallwink:

Anyway, I think it would have fallen anyway I mean come on, sure in the game you can't have more than 400 lings, but that doesn't really apply to the universe of the game, where billions of zerg can descend upon you without warning in a chittering hissing horde of destruction and death! BWAHAHAHA!

OOC: Yeah... I blame bad tactics honestly I've seen a thousand ways to destroy the Zerg Overmind, and the Queen of blades simulatenously. Its called a orbital bombardment for one thing.... Seriously is every NPC in Starcraft EXCEPT for Tassadar, and The Queen of Blades stupid? The main power of the Zerg lies in their land forces with their Ultralisks, Zerglings, and Hydralings... take those away, and the Swarm beconmes rather easy to deal with. Thats not counting what happens if you take away their defliers, and more zerglings.Yet we continue to fight them on THEIR level. The airforces possessed by theZerg are remarkably inferior to the air power of the Protoss, and the Terrans what I think needs to happen is an alliance. Between the willing Terrans, and the Protoss. Together.. .well the Zerg wouldn't stand a blasted chance.

Murska
2008-11-26, 08:01 AM
OOC: Yeah... I blame bad tactics honestly I've seen a thousand ways to destroy the Zerg Overmind, and the Queen of blades simulatenously. Its called a orbital bombardment for one thing.... Seriously is every NPC in Starcraft EXCEPT for Tassadar, and The Queen of Blades stupid? The main power of the Zerg lies in their land forces with their Ultralisks, Zerglings, and Hydralings... take those away, and the Swarm beconmes rather easy to deal with. Thats not counting what happens if you take away their defliers, and more zerglings.Yet we continue to fight them on THEIR level. The airforces possessed by theZerg are remarkably inferior to the air power of the Protoss, and the Terrans what I think needs to happen is an alliance. Between the willing Terrans, and the Protoss. Together.. .well the Zerg wouldn't stand a blasted chance.

OOC: Isn't that exactly what my campaign speech said? :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy: "life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield
battery!" :smallbiggrin:

IC: The blades of FFF slash through all the hallucinations, making them disappear. "And here we see why we shouldn't allow one such as yourself to lead the Protoss. The Protoss shouldn't fight amongst themselves. If he is willing to madly murder a fellow Templar in the middle of a peaceful debate, what else would he be willing to do? I rest my case." The voice of Murska echoes through the minds of everyone present.

OOC: I never used the psionic assault on you, so shrug it off all you wish. Not to mention that you should have been maelstormed. If Maelstorm can stop Archons and Ultralisks, no Zealot will be able to 'shrug it off'.

Fan
2008-11-26, 08:28 AM
OOC: Isn't that exactly what my campaign speech said? :smallbiggrin:

IC: The blades of FFF slash through all the hallucinations, making them disappear. "And here we see why we shouldn't allow one such as yourself to lead the Protoss. The Protoss shouldn't fight amongst themselves. If he is willing to madly murder a fellow Templar in the middle of a peaceful debate, what else would he be willing to do? I rest my case." The voice of Murska echoes through the minds of everyone present.

OOC: I never used the psionic assault on you, so shrug it off all you wish. Not to mention that you should have been maelstormed. If Maelstorm can stop Archons and Ultralisks, no Zealot will be able to 'shrug it off'.

Did I mention that I do what I do because of PLOT, and racial tradtion?
You CHALLENGED ME!
Not my fault that you cant keep up.
WEAKLING.

Murska
2008-11-26, 08:30 AM
Did I mention that I do what I do because of PLOT, and racial tradtion?
You CHALLENGED ME!
Not my fault that you cant keep up.
WEAKLING.

What? I challenged you to a practice battle, which I explained clearly to mean a battle where we both have a Nexus and four probes to start with and we collect minerals to warp in units with which we attempt to outmaneuver and outstrategize our opponent. Instead, you suddenly attacked me for no reason. ((Reminding you before you get into it, all the units in the practice battles use nonlethal weaponry, of course.))

Fan
2008-11-26, 08:47 AM
Well... I dont have access to this simulator (Ie. my internet would make the server LAG, and you would hate me all day as your probes took 2 hours to make you able to make a Forge.))
And you said a one on one duel was optional. >.>

Murska
2008-11-26, 08:56 AM
Well... I dont have access to this simulator (Ie. my internet would make the server LAG, and you would hate me all day as your probes took 2 hours to make you able to make a Forge.))
And you said a one on one duel was optional. >.>

((Well then I just wouldn't make a Forge anyway. :smallsmile:
Seriously, the game will not lag because of your connection speed unless it's like, on par with the connection speeds from over 12 years ago. But if your connection settings are wrong, it won't work. You should try sometime. Show up in the next Starcraft session perhaps? :smallwink:

And when did I say anything about a duel being optional? :smallconfused:

Elrond: Yay! Another Starcraft player! We grow, we multiply! Join the GitP SC session and play with us! :smallbiggrin:

Fan
2008-11-26, 09:00 AM
((Well then I just wouldn't make a Forge anyway. :smallsmile:
Seriously, the game will not lag because of your connection speed unless it's like, on par with the connection speeds from over 12 years ago. But if your connection settings are wrong, it won't work. You should try sometime. Show up in the next Starcraft session perhaps? :smallwink:

And when did I say anything about a duel being optional? :smallconfused:

Elrond: Yay! Another Starcraft player! We grow, we multiply! Join the GitP SC session and play with us! :smallbiggrin:

OOC:I'll try, and yes the game is old... I just ifgured it would lag due to me being about as OOC computer savvy as my cat, and my connection being about 35 MBPs.

When you were talking about the duel in the first place... you said you'd win either way.. not my fault you were wrong.

Murska
2008-11-26, 09:11 AM
OOC:I'll try, and yes the game is old... I just ifgured it would lag due to me being about as OOC computer savvy as my cat, and my connection being about 35 MBPs.

When you were talking about the duel in the first place... you said you'd win either way.. not my fault you were wrong.

I said I'd win either way if we dueled. And we haven't dueled. Not my fault you took that to mean 'attack me right here in the middle of this conversation for no reason'. All I did was to use my powers to stop you from attacking while I was teleporting out and creating hallucinations for you to slash through. (I still have no idea how you broke through the Maelstorm without even mentioning it.)

Fan
2008-11-26, 09:14 AM
I said I'd win either way if we dueled. And we haven't dueled. Not my fault you took that to mean 'attack me right here in the middle of this conversation for no reason'. All I did was to use my powers to stop you from attacking while I was teleporting out and creating hallucinations for you to slash through. (I still have no idea how you broke through the Maelstorm without even mentioning it.)

>.> <.<
A wizard did it.:smalltongue:

Duos
2008-11-26, 11:56 AM
*Lets out a contented sigh* I feel so much better knowing how well you think of me. Even though we are of the same kin, we are enemies politically. Let us have a good toss up.

You are the one here, other than me, that I think is most likely to win. If you don't make it through the nominations (you will, though, you have the support of the GiTP Starcraft group *salutes*) I'm much more likely to win. and indeed, let this contest be decided by who is the most Terran of all.
*Nukes* :smalltongue:

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-26, 01:38 PM

Murska should win because of this quote. :smallwink:

Murska
2008-11-26, 02:20 PM
Thanks LK! I appreciate it. :smallbiggrin:

Yakkul: Your nominations were awesome, even if a bit against the rules, but why oh why isn't Jaedong number one in Zerg? :smallconfused:

PePe QuiCoSE
2008-11-26, 02:47 PM
Murska would utterly crush that noob that won't stop dodging his challenge.

I'll leave this space blank but with your imagination you could fill it with massive bash towards some of the participants of this thread (excluding the ones that actually plays/ed the game, of course).

The only person i would nominate/vote is Archonic Energy because he has had Protoss icons in his avatar and sig forever now.

Murska
2008-11-26, 02:50 PM
Murska would utterly crush that noob that won't stop dodging his challenge.

I'll leave this space blank but with your imagination you could fill it with massive bash towards some of the participants of this thread (excluding the ones that actually plays/ed the game, of course).

The only person i would nominate/vote is Archonic Energy because he has had Protoss icons in his avatar and sig forever now.

You wouldn't nominate me? Aww... I've always tried my best for the best of the race! :smallfrown:

Lord Herman
2008-11-26, 02:52 PM
Please do not post joke nominations in the nomination thread. Counting votes is enough work without having to guess if someone is making a joke or if he's just nominating people you've never heard of.

Murska
2008-11-26, 02:54 PM
Please do not post joke nominations in the nomination thread. Counting votes is enough work without having to guess if someone is making a joke or if he's just nominating people you've never heard of.

Yakkul's votes were at the best Starcraft progamers. He probably didn't know it was against the rules but at least there's the justification. :smallwink:

Duos
2008-11-26, 07:11 PM
True, but the sole reason for voting is not who's best at this game, it's about who embodies the ideals and qualities of these races best. Experience playing the game is good, but it's hardly the deciding factor.

Fan
2008-11-26, 07:20 PM
Praise be TPAY!
Game mechanics are just that GAME MECHANICS, and they are far from the thing that makes a game like Starcraft so awesome. Its the orignality, and the concept of each race that makes each indivudal so uniqely amazing.
Thus I with the most backsotry (I can point you to the entire Gods of a new star thread. I played a Protoss, and took them through the stone age all the way to fighting off bile spweing montrosites with their moon laser that was dubbed "plnaet cracker" .)
am the most suitable canidate for Protoss itp!

Cynan Machae
2008-11-26, 07:45 PM
Still as Yak said, someone who is still playing the game and dedicating more time to it is sure better suited for representing the race's ideals that someone that jsut speaks about it :smalltongue:

Duos
2008-11-26, 07:46 PM
Agreed. I didn't say it wasn't important-Just that it's not the be-all end-all.

Fan
2008-11-26, 07:57 PM
Still as Yak said, someone who is still playing the game and dedicating more time to it is sure better suited for representing the race's ideals that someone that jsut speaks about it :smalltongue:

I do still play the game. and frequently. I just dont have a internet connection that allows me to play on B-net. I tired today... I failed.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-11-26, 08:53 PM

I like Starcraft, I've read all the books, and I still play the game, but it's sort of like 40k with me. I like it... ALOT. I read all the books about it I can, and I'm very involved in the fluff and am knowledgeable and considered involved with it, but I don't play 40k all the time. Hell, I don't have the money to have anything like a real ARMY for the tabletop (though I have some troops)

Fan
2008-11-26, 08:56 PM
I like Starcraft, I've read all the books, and I still play the game, but it's sort of like 40k with me. I like it... ALOT. I read all the books about it I can, and I'm very involved in the fluff and am knowledgeable and considered involved with it, but I don't play 40k all the time. Hell, I don't have the money to have anything like a real ARMY for the tabletop (though I have some troops)
Hey, you've proven to me that you cna lead large swarms of ultimate evil quite well (but not as well as I in the case of Final battlage.), so you dont even haveto work for MY vote for Zerg itp.:smallsmile:

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-27, 04:31 AM
Even if it is just for fun it would be cool to see all of you starcraft folk show up in the group if you'd like. It's good fun and we'd love to have you. Gateway USEast, Channel: op GitP at 5 PM EST Saturday nights.

Murska
2008-11-27, 04:35 AM
Praise be TPAY!
Game mechanics are just that GAME MECHANICS, and they are far from the thing that makes a game like Starcraft so awesome. Its the orignality, and the concept of each race that makes each indivudal so uniqely amazing.
Thus I with the most backsotry (I can point you to the entire Gods of a new star thread. I played a Protoss, and took them through the stone age all the way to fighting off bile spweing montrosites with their moon laser that was dubbed "plnaet cracker" .)
am the most suitable canidate for Protoss itp!

I agree on some parts but game mechanics in a game like Starcraft, which is still played not because of the (less-than) originality of the races(alien/predator, anyone) but because of the fact that the game mechanics make the game so balanced that skilled progamers are STILL finding new strategies to counter the old ones.

PePe QuiCoSE
2008-11-27, 06:26 AM
You wouldn't nominate me? Aww... I've always tried my best for the best of the race! :smallfrown:No, but i would vote you for daltonic Sauron itp if it makes you feel better. :smallbiggrin:

Praise be TPAY!
Game mechanics are just that GAME MECHANICS, and they are far from the thing that makes a game like Starcraft so awesome. Its the orignality, and the concept of each race that makes each individual so uniquely amazing. Besides that i disagree with this statement, Starcraft is not original. And no shame about that. It's just really well done but it didn't introduced really new concepts to gaming (except for some unit abilities).

@Lord Herman: sorry for the hassle, it is not a joke but rather a tribute to the people that has made Starcraft better for the fans just by playing it like no one else did at their time. I expected more people to know about it, i would have posted their nicknames if i wanted to make it obscure :smalltongue:

Terran:
1: The Emperor
2: Cheater
3: Ultimate Weapon

Zerg:
1: God of War
2: The Maestro
3: Legend Killer

Protoss:
1: Dreamer
2: Sashin (means Ninja - for his Dark Templars)
3: The Revolutionist (yeah, i had Stork here but he is a sucker, get a nickname... ¿DinoToss? come on!)

Lord Herman
2008-11-27, 06:39 AM
@Lord Herman: sorry for the hassle, it is not a joke but rather a tribute to the people that has made Starcraft better for the fans just by playing it like no one else did at their time. I expected more people to know about it, i would have posted their nicknames if i wanted to make it obscure :smalltongue:

No problem. I would like to ask you to remove that post, though, to avoid confusion when the votes are counted.

PePe QuiCoSE
2008-11-27, 07:07 AM
there you go, it never existed.

Terran:
1: Boxer
2: iloveoov
3: Flash

Zerg:
1: JulyZerg
2: Savior
3: Jaedong

Protoss:
1: Nal_ra
2: Anytime
3: Bisu

Raroy
2008-11-27, 08:15 PM
You never put up my campaign speech. This giant block of text.

Greetings, fellow Terrans. I am aware of the hardships we face in our era. Aliens, destructive, war mongering creatures who carve a path of destruction without any sense we can understand. They come to fight, fight anything that there is to fight. My people, they've come to fight us. The damage dealt to the UED has left a hole in my heart. A void that can not be filled with pettiness. Oh no, my Terrans. It is a hole that must be filled sanctity, sanctity to preserve ourselves, and everything we believe in. They, they come to smash our being, to rip our very souls apart from our bodies and devour any sense of life and belief whole!

We have overcome all hardships in our past. Of every tragedy in human history, we still stood and pressed on. I ask this of you, to stand beside me and preserve. To believe in me, and believe in our abilities to live on. We are Terrans, and we will survive.

Fan
2008-11-27, 09:23 PM
A Warrior spirit for a Warrior race-

Well, avvy's and screen names can be asked for in the thread. sure hes been asking for the specficly, but to be 100% honest Avvies, and Sigs are just like clothes. They dont make the Templar its the other way around. After all what would make the enemies fear the psi blades of the Zealot legions if they were not so fearsome in battle? what would make templar like myself so marvelous if we were not so powerful psionicly? So, yeah I may not have avatars, or a signature, but a TRUE being of the KHALA doesn't need superfical things like that. We focus our rightous fury in battle regardless of the status of our equipment or how broken our bodies have become. For that is the TRUE spirit of the conclave.
So, I ask YOU to vote me Protoss in the playground. Me. FF Fanboy. A warrior who has proven himself in battle countless times against many a mighty foe. It was he. Who at the battle of Shakuras when the Zerg cerebrates came warned the matirach of the dark templar as i saw them from orbit. It was I who lead the charge dealing out damage, and using valuable power to mask our dark templar allies with my power. So, I ask you to give me the power to oppose the zerg, and to lead our forces against them in a brilliant tactical plan that willl leave both the queen of blades, and the New Overmind in smoldering piles. What we need is not a templar such as Murska unwilling to see the views of any other than his own as worthwhile.
FF FANBOY for Protoss itp 08!
Let us find a TRUE end to the Zerg meance that has plauged our lives, and destroyed our homes. Let us take the fight to them, and crush them beneath us in the name of Auir!
FF FANBOY PROTOSS 08!
FOR AUIR!

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 12:28 AM
True, but the sole reason for voting is not who's best at this game, it's about who embodies the ideals and qualities of these races best. Experience playing the game is good, but it's hardly the deciding factor.

this here is the truth. I said I like nukes, and look where i am. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2008-11-28, 12:29 AM
Nukes are fun. Especially against Zerg, 'cause then you have an excuse to use moar nukes.

The Orange Zergling
2008-11-28, 01:47 AM
Yes, Ghosts are fun. Especially when their transmitters are still active so when they die a slow death after being rooted out their commanders can hear their cries of pain. In an atmosphere, everyone can hear you scream. :smallamused:

Murska
2008-11-28, 06:58 AM
What we need is not a templar such as Murska unwilling to see the views of any other than his own as worthwhile.

:smallannoyed: What?

EDIT: BTW, FFF, you still haven't nominated people in the thread. :smallconfused:

Archonic Energy
2008-11-28, 11:38 AM
Murska, there is no prerequsite for a nominee to have nominated...

also we need more terrans!
and vespyne gas

Darkcomet
2008-11-28, 11:42 AM
Nah, I'm not running. I do appreciate the stunning three votes considering I'm campaigning for Duos and not myself.

Murska
2008-11-28, 11:43 AM
Murska, there is no prerequsite for a nominee to have nominated...

also we need more terrans!
and vespyne gas

I know no prerequisite but I kind of take it for granted that if you're interested in the competition you'd notice that the nominations thread is up and go nominate people.

Fan
2008-11-28, 01:31 PM
:smallannoyed: What?

EDIT: BTW, FFF, you still haven't nominated people in the thread. :smallconfused:

I'm going to. Choosing a appropriate canidate for each catagory isn't something I do lightly. Archonic energy has my nomination for Protoss... TOZ has my zerg in addition to Lord Asmodeus... Then The Terran nominees are [retty much set.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 01:36 PM
My campaign speech because I feel I need one now.
*has ghost ready to nuke someone who objects*
Join us or get Nuked. That is all.

PePe QuiCoSE
2008-11-28, 01:44 PM
Well, avvy's and screen names can be asked for in the thread. sure hes been asking for the specifically, but to be 100% honest Avvies, and Sigs are just like clothes.Exactly, and you are wearing the ones of a different game!

So, I ask YOU to vote me Protoss in the playground. Me. FF Fanboy. A warrior who has proven himself in battle countless times against many a mighty foe.Really? Against the computer? ROFL!

I know it's late already and honestly i am not really fond of this type of competition (not until it is resolved with bloodshed in a 1v1 showdown) but this is what i would have expected from someone worthy to be voted.

Protoss:

So, you like power. You like 1-100 odds. Yeah, when you first saw the Protoss you though "oh WOW! The Zealot has more life than 3 Marines! and hits harder than 3 Zerglings! OMG PsyStorm! It's like a mini-nuke! ZOMGWTFBBQ MIND CONTROL! But let's face it, you are still a scrub power-overwhelming your foes. Making more cannons than probes. Building Carriers off 1 gas.
No more. With proper guidance you'll learn how to make your opponents suffer no matter what. You will learn how to combine the light with the darkness. Zerg's will tremble in fear when you lay your second gateway besides your first pylon. Offensive Probes will score 3 kills each. Sunken Colonies will be bleeding it's lasts HP before it even finishes morphing. Speelings will bounce against your zealot walls.
And when you are done with this Zerg scum, when actually someone who deems itself capable of managing the swarm comes along, there it's when the fun begins. For then, they'll look in awe how you are able to get an expansion as fast as they do. Their Overlords will pee themselves when your omnipresent corsairs reaches their base and sweeps the air... And when the coast is clear... Ninjas. Thousands of them. Tearing drones in 1 hit. Killing eggs before the Overlord pops. Making defilers crap their pants. Invisible Impunity.
Of course, silly Zerg will try to expand all over the map to gain some kind of economic advantage and lame his ass with mass Sunkens and Spore Colonies. But what use is an expansion when all your Drones die to PsyStorm drops? And meanwhile? Meanwhile you are massing a huge army of pain and destruction back at home. Zerglings will run away at the sight of Dragoons. Hydras will melt under Psyonic Storm. Ultralisks Mega Armor is no match for Archons. Did i mentioned reavers?
Oh, there's also another race called something like Terrons or whatever. They are our bitches.

Terran:

You chose the hard way, kid. You didn't block your ramp with scvs? Zerglings will come and you are dead. Didn't properly places your Turrets in your main? Mutas will come and you are dead. Didn't run away your marines while those Lurker were burrowing? Your army just died. Didn't put a bunker in your newly built expansion? Yeah, dead.
And it gets worse against those uptight Protoss. Didn't wall in? Dragoon rush. You are dead. Didn't saw that probe sneaking inside your main? Proxy Gateways and... you are dead. No detection? Dark Templars. Yep, dead. Again. Ok, you got that fancy all-seeing ComSat... Oh but no turrets? Reaver drop. All your SCVs are dead. Guess who's next?
And don't bother massing Marines and medics against Protoss, they become useless after the first 6 minutes so we are stuck with factory units. Which is great until you find out that all your tanks blew up to that spider man you placed too near and that suicide Zealot dragged in.
So you blocked your ramp, got turrets everywhere, bunker in time, placed Supply Depots to see all over your main, and with your ComSat you scanned your enemy's base to see what he is up to until you finally got the perfect defense? Yes! You are dead again! Because while you spent so much time being paranoid in your little home your opponent has expanded all over the map and has enough money to finance Citibank!
So face it, this race is not for suckers. This race is not for quitters. This is the race for the people that have balls of iron and hit you senseless with them.
We are the one that surpassed natural selection, we eat cows, breath air and live in space. We are out here on our own and we are going to make it, because you know what? We are survivors. You can try any cheap trick you think of, we have seen them all and now we are prepared. Be ready because when we come out, you are toast. When we reach the critical mass, we have so much firepower that anything dies before even reaching us. Send infinite streams of Zerglings, Marine fire will dispatch them without a scratch (yeah, we don't even need firebats).
And those mighty Dragoons? if Tank(Siege_Mode) then Blue_goo.
But that's just the beginning. Because while the lazy Protoss were priding themselves with their super powerful units, we were learning how to make our own useful. And damn we have.
Oh, hey, look! This guy though that rushing me with his Dragoon was a good idea! Let's trap them with my SCVs! Yes, SCVs > Dragoon, but it will be all too late when the Protoss realizes this.
You see that poor Vulture that barely scratches your Big Fat Dragoon? It's damn fast. It won't face your army, it'll dash to your base, place spider mines by your Gateways (yep, your newly popped units will go POP!) and while you wait for an observer (or just plain suicide your units, wouldn't expect any better from a Protoss) I'm mass raping your probes (good thing they are just robots and can't feel). Oh, my vultures died, what a pity. Good thing they are damn cheap and build way fast so before you know i have another wave incoming! You are welcomed to try to counter me while i rebuild them, mass tank fire awaits you.
Yeah, Protoss are so pathetic that they just can't face our ground army straight up. And they know it, so they pull any dirty trick they know off to get some leverage (yeah, so much for honor you freaking hypocrites). They'll hide their army under the Arbiter cloak (partly because how ashamed they are of themselves), they'll recall their army in your base ("oh, i can't kill you but i can kill your factories! Because they don't attack me back! MWUAHAHA I'm so smart!"), stasis your tanks (to only fight part of your army... yep, pretty brave), switch to Carriers (which will eventually be owned by Goliaths), Storm drops your expos, Dark Templars on ramps, yadda yadda yadda. By this point, we have already won the moral victory, but don't freaking care about that, those losers do. We care about winning and no amount of lameness will stop our path to victory. By the end of the day there will be nothing left but testosterone in the air and pathetic blue goo in the ground.
And for the Zerg's? Pfft, don't make me laugh. Our marines run away just in time from any flank they can pull, not without massive losses from their part. Mutalisks just delay their death. Sure bring the MEGA ARMOR Ultralisks and infinite energy defilers, i am already bored of irradiating your Lurkers. Much more fun killing them by manipulating a couple of marines. And if i don't feel like playing i'll simply bunker rush your fast expo and laugh while you try to figure out WTF could you do about it. Other than lose 3-0, of course

But above everything else: SAY YES TO STIM PACKS!

Zerg:
will do later, but yeah, that. Just enough fluff for what the actual game is.

Duos
2008-11-28, 01:47 PM

See, this is the candidness that we all love about the Terrans:smallamused:. We COULD use diplomacy (and we do, as long as propoganda counts), but we prefer to show the universe the strong arm of humanity by toasting the other races into oblivion.

((@V: Hey, it's not my fault I had a Science Vessel nearby that exposed it. and this goes for ME too, I'm running as well.))

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 01:49 PM
*whacks with nuclear detonator*

Your not supposed to show people the white text. :smallannoyed:

Leper_Kahn
2008-11-28, 02:07 PM
Yak are you running? By the way, awesome post. I loled particularly hard at SeigeTanksandBlueGoo.

@v That's how ZvP works. Imba for P I don't care what the pros say.

Cynan Machae
2008-11-28, 02:17 PM
Lol yea it was funny :smalltongue: I don't like how you spoke about ZvP >< :smallwink:

V.Z.
2008-11-28, 03:33 PM
Heheh, nice. PePe for Protoss and Terran (and possibly Zerg) itP! :smallbiggrin:

There is no white text in the above quote! Every white text you see there is merely cake!
You need to harden your stance, girl, or you'll get blown away by the competition. http://www.taintedink.com/reikogalleryclassic26.htm :smallamused:

And in case anyone's interested. The tallies so far:
Terran
Raroy 10
Duos 9
Dirk Kris 7
Deathslayer7 6
Darkcomet 3
Fenric 2
Mechafox 1
PhantomFox 1

Zerg
The Orange Zergling 12
Lord Asmodeus 11
Cyan Machae 9
Glenstorm 3
Exachix 2
Syka 1
Atreyu the Masked Llama 1

Protoss
Archonic Energy 11
Murska 11
FF Fanboy 8
Icewalker 6
Winterwind 1
Firefox 1
Saint Nil 1

Darkcomet. Your nominations are not in this, since they're not posted in the right order (first Terran, then Zerg, then Protoss). Just a friendly warning, and a thanks to Zar Peter for the heads up about my own previously wrong order of the nominations. :smallsmile: Darkcomet's nominations have been added.

Darkcomet
2008-11-28, 03:35 PM
Fix'd. Spider mines

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 03:36 PM
There is no white text in the above quote! Every white text you see there is merely cake!
You need to harden your stance, girl, or you'll get blown away by the competition. http://www.taintedink.com/reikogalleryclassic26.htm :smallamused:

She's my campaign manager. :smallwink:

Raroy
2008-11-28, 03:39 PM

Such simplistic thinking will never win the war. You simply do not understand the mechanics of war development. If we could just nuke everyone straight off, sure. But we must develop proper proceeder to launch such strikes. There are several things to take into account such as gravity, economic worth of the planet, threat level, biological state of the planet, ect.

Clearly, you lack the foresight to be a good leader.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 03:42 PM
Such simplistic thinking will never win the battle. You simple do not understand the mechanics of war development. If we could just nuke everyone straight off, sure. But we must develop proper proceeder to launch such strikes. There are several things to take into account such as gravity, economic worth of the planet, threat level, biological state of the planet, ect.

Clearly, you lack the foresight to be a good leader.

please. Nuking everyone is a bad idea. That's why you only nuke one planet, (preferably Zerg), and then watch as other planets give up due to the fear you may go through with the threat of nuking them.

So one by one, planets fall. If someone wants to fight, we nuke them. Boom. Done. No more problem. Others will learn from those who make mistakes.

Thus, the galaxy will fall under human my control. :smallsmile:

Raroy
2008-11-28, 03:46 PM
please. Nking everyone is a bad idea. That's why you only nuke one planet, (preferably Zerg), and then watch as other planets give up due to the fear you may go through with the threat of nuking them.

So one by one, planets fall. If someone wants to fight, we nuke them. Boom. Done. No more problem. Others will learn from those who make mistakes.

Thus, the galaxy will fall under human my control. :smallsmile:

I can not accept such dictator ship. To even speak of such things plain of day is a folly worthy of most grad of fools. Are you telling me you expect people to bow down and worship you because you "claim" you'll kill them all. That is not the human spirit I know. Nor is it will of the aliens who shall come and defeat you before you can set up a local silo.

Deathslayer7
2008-11-28, 03:48 PM
I can not accept such dictator ship. To even speak of such things plain of day is a folly worthy of most grad of fools. Are you telling me you expect people to bow down and worship you because you "claim" you'll kill them all. That is not the human spirit I know. Nor is it will of the aliens who shall come and defeat you before you can set up a local silo.

and how would you do it? Care to inform me?

Because the way i see it. Someone could have won WW2 if the might have had nukes. I'm sure he wouldn't have been afraid of dieing.

Duos
2008-11-28, 03:53 PM
Even though the past three Terran governments have been Dictatorships supported by military force and propoganda? At least she's candid about it. :smalltongue: Anyway, it's true. The Terrans are much more diverse. Sometimes they use Battlecruisers. Or Seige Tanks.

Darkcomet
2008-11-28, 03:54 PM
No one noticed my fitting filler text?

Murska
2008-11-28, 03:54 PM
Hey, a Battlecruiser can take a nuke. So there, it's OBVIOUS that you should go mass Battlecruisers. if only to let me mindcontrol them all of your hands

Duos
2008-11-28, 03:55 PM
huh. What does spider m-BOOM!
(@^: Yeah, but they're vulnerable to Scourges, Devourers, cloaked Wraiths, Scouts, are much more expensive, and you need at least six to be effective.)