PDA

View Full Version : [ACRONYM PLOT] The World is Black and White

Pages : [1] 2 3

Boo
2008-11-22, 09:08 PM
On an old dock near an even older set of buildings and factories is a man looking like the man in this spoiler.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/luyan/g11798.pngUnderneath that cloak he holds a pen and a book, as well as a strapped bag that rests on his waist. Beside him is a pitch black vessel; similar to that of the Renaissance era.Something like this...http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/luyan/BlackPirateShip.jpgHe begins to speak in an accent that sounds neither Irish nor Scottish, but somewhere in between. "Ah, it looks like me gibbies are here at last. Took them bloody oppy." As each person arrives the man appears to be writing out their name inside his book. Whether he actually knows their names is of no consequence.

On the mans shoulder is a perfectly white bunny with perfectly dark brown eyes. His left ear is bent in an adorable manner. Other than the fact that he's waving cartoonishly to the incomming people, he looks like a completely normal bunny.

Notes:
1. People who have already signed up are considered present unless they want to RP their arrival.

2. To join this plot your character(s) must be evil, or after lots of money.

3. Every two real life days is a day phase. Same goes for night phases.

4. You don't have to be active every day phase, but it would be nice.

5. Offline people will be considered standing by.

6. If you don't respond to an attack (spoiler late responses please) then you will be severly injured by it at the end of the plot. Even if it's a paper cut, or a child has kicked you in the shin. Armour doesn't matter.

7. Lastly, godmodders will be shot (unless given permission by the godmoddee)

The PLOT has started, but you can still join it if you haven't already. If you want to RP an entry, then spoiler it so we know it takes place in the past. If you want you can label the spoiler too.

If you do join mid-plot, then just pretend that you've been standing in the back the whole time. Don't bother with introducing yourself, though.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-22, 09:36 PM
KR's wearing a more basic jumpsuit than the one she wore attacking Draken, and only has a simple Phaser, made out of remains scavenged from the ruins of K-Corp.

Why did you summon us?

Darkcomet
2008-11-22, 09:38 PM
DC arrives, holding the disruptor/AMEN Fullbladder.

I think my question has already been asked.

happyturtle
2008-11-22, 10:11 PM
Decker is riding piggyback on KR. Unless Krissy refuses, and then she's riding piggyback on DC. Unless he refuses too, and then she's walking, with a pout on her face.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-22, 10:18 PM
KR refuses! :smalleek:

Darkcomet
2008-11-22, 10:19 PM
DC... Also refuses. Sorry.

happyturtle
2008-11-22, 10:19 PM
Then Decker is sulking. :smallfrown:

Lord Magtok
2008-11-22, 10:21 PM
Magtok appears, wiping what appears to be, but probably isn't, an ordinary frying pan with a rag.

happyturtle
2008-11-22, 10:22 PM
"Can I ride piggyback?" Decker asks Magtok hopefully.

Darkcomet
2008-11-22, 10:57 PM
DC sighs.

Decker should find herself floating in the air.

Will that work?

happyturtle
2008-11-22, 10:58 PM
Decker claps her hands. "You're awesome, DC!" :smallsmile:

She hands lollipops to everyone.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-22, 11:02 PM
KR sighs and takes the lollipop.

Boo
2008-11-22, 11:12 PM
The cloaked man puts the lollipop in his bag for later.

Yeah, I know I said I was going to respond to everyone tomorrow, but I just felt like posting this quickly.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-11-22, 11:38 PM
The image of Fullbladder appears beside DC, scratching the back of his digital head.

"Geez, I feel a little underdressed for this. I should have grabbed a clone on the way out the door."

Darkcomet
2008-11-22, 11:41 PM
I can send a transmission to AMEN, if you'd like.

AmberVael
2008-11-22, 11:58 PM
A solitary figure makes their way to the dock, moving with long, almost weary strides that make heavy, exaggerated clunking sounds as their boots thud into the wood beneath their feet. Something about them seems... old. Worn. Yet... somehow demanding in respect. Their height levels out at a moderately impressive six feet, describing a tall, thin figure that starts with worn leather boots and ends with a wide brimmed black hat that casts a shadow over their face. Between those two items are a somewhat travel stained old double breasted coat and a matching set of plain pants.

What might draw someone's attention most, however, is the partially concealed face. Jagged, unkempt white hair escapes from under the hat, flowing wavily down over a strangely smooth and feminine face, only marred by a scar that winds its way over a closed left eye, and a hard mask of frozen disdain for the world that makes up their expression.

An icy blue eye regards the others at the dock as the woman moves up towards the boat, saying nothing, but staring at everyone else unnervingly.

Wild Vael appears!
Vael uses Mini Wall o' Text!

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:02 AM
...Never seen you before.

DC seems distrusting of the newcomer.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:08 AM
The woman glances at DC with her single eye.
"What a stunningly insightful observation."
She says, ladling globs of dry sarcasm into her words.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:10 AM
Well, you're not attacking everyone on sight, so I'll assume he-

DC points at BU's character as he says that.

-called you too?

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 12:16 AM
Hyozo's voice suddenly sarcastically comments "Seriously DC? You haven't seen her before? If you hadn't said that I would have thought she was your sister." He slowly becomes visible behind DC "I'm glad you cleared that up for me."

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:17 AM
"Something like that.
Of course, I could attack you if you really wanted me to. Trust me, I wouldn't mind."
She says, verbally jabbing at him.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't try it. Neither of us knows what the other can do. Not yet, anyway.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:23 AM
"That can be remedied."
She steps back, shifting into a loose pose that seems to be a combat stance.
"If you're willing, of course...

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:24 AM
Not up for a fight, I'm afraid. We'll have to find out another time, I suppose.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:27 AM
The woman sneers at him, but says nothing else to him as she relaxes, instead looking over at Hyozo, studying him intently.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:33 AM
If she looks where DC stood, there is now... Nothing.

Apparently.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 12:35 AM
KR looks at the patch of nothing critically. :smallannoyed:

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:45 AM
Either she doesn't notice, or just doesn't concern herself over his sudden absence.
Or his sudden lack of visibility, either way.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:46 AM
DC decloaks behind her.

And that's why you don't mess with me.

DC returns to where he was before.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:49 AM
"Your childish flaunting of your abilities doesn't impress me. Perhaps you would have earned my respect if you'd actually attacked me."
She says, looking down at her nails.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 12:51 AM
I could have. But where's the point in it? You've done nothing to warrant my killing you. Yet.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 12:56 AM
"A warrior knows when to stay his tongue and his hand. A warrior knows when to strike and when to defend. A warrior knows that power rarely matters, and skill will often grant victory.
"A clever spider can kill the mightiest of men."

She finishes her quotes and sits down on a coil of rope, tilting her hat down further.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 12:58 AM
KR rolls her eyes at DC.
So are you done posturing yet?

Boo
2008-11-23, 01:21 AM
"...Get on the sinta you lousy deks!" As he says this he points at the ship. "If you wanna sciddy there's plenty'o'room in the wafta!" With the word "wafta" he moves his arm to indicate the water around them. "Yppo! Yppo!" The bunny on his shoulder pulls flags from behind his back, and waves them about as if to tell everyone to get on the ship immediately.

I'll put a glossary up later. Until then I'll let you all try and figure out what he's saying. :smalltongue:

Oh, and if anyone wants to join mid-plot, just ask. We'll all just pretend you were standing in the back picking your nose the whole time. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 01:31 AM
The unnamed woman quickly gets onto the ship, having little desire to swim.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 01:34 AM
A second Phaser pistol, which had been floating in the air, concealed in case of any fights that may have broken out, flies into an empty holster as KR gets onto the ship.

Someone's learning techniques from her Dad.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-23, 01:54 AM
Rabbit came running, holding her hat tightly to her head, gasping for breath as she caught up to the group.
"Oh, goody good. I'm not too late."
Of course, she is in several threads at once. Because her player just doesn't care.

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 02:03 AM
Hyozo looks at where DC and KR had been moments ago and smiles slightly as he becomes invisible himself. "if anybody ever needs stealth, I think we have that covered." He becomes visible again and walks onto the ship, slightly altering his appearance while doing so.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 02:21 AM
The Onion rolls out of the dry goods bin. He forms into Sexy Female DC (or SFDC for short) and walks out onto the main deck.

What took you guys so long. I've been waiting here for days. She smirks at the obvious lie.

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 02:32 AM
:smallsigh: Why must you persist in using that form?

Boo
2008-11-23, 02:36 AM
On the ship is a crew of oddly shaped men in rags. By oddly shaped I mean they look either far too lanky or stout to stand. There are seven in total. Each wear a different number on their shirts.

If you explore the ship you will find three cabins below deck. One for men and one for women.. The other is likely to be for the numbered crew. Especially since there's the numbers one through seven written on it. Below them is the storage hold for foods and rum drinkable liquids. On the top of the ship is the crew, the usual ship parts, and a door. It probably leads to the Captains chambers, but it could lead to a magical place of bunnies, puppies, kitties and baby eating monstrosities. Who knows. It's a solid door, but the knob seems to be missing. It looks almost as if it were another wall of the ship.

Oh, and at the back of the ship are the words "Haro Ponist" in perfectly white paint. Well, it looks like paint.

@V: Oh, you'll be surprised as hell when you find out what it actually means.

EDIT: And hey! Rabbit's nickname for me is actually catching on! :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 02:49 AM
((DO NOT WANT! Dammit Boo! You just gave me a most disturbing mental image! :smallfurious::smallannoyed:))

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 03:52 AM
Hyozo walks into the room for men and again becomes invisible as he is smashed in the head with the +6 holy mallet of deadtiming because iceddragons needs to sleep.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 08:00 AM
Decker skips over to KR. "Yay Krissy! We're going to be roommates!" :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-23, 08:06 AM
When was my name changed to 'Krissy'? :smallconfused::smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 09:30 AM
"Don't you like it? You can have a different name if you'd rather. Karrie? Kara? Kristiana?"

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:52 AM
DC undeadtimes and gets on of course, leering at The Onion.

I hate you...

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 10:45 AM
Magtok snickers a little at all the bickering. Of course, if he hadn't been deadtimed earlier, he probably would've found someone to bicker with for fun, but that fact went conveniently unnoticed.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 10:48 AM
"Something funny, tin man?"
Asks the unknown woman of Magtok as she undeadtimes.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 10:55 AM
Magtok smiles, ignoring the "tin man" comment.

A lot, actually. "Krissy"'s new name, for example. Your verbal beatdown of the goth psion kid. I think I'm going to have fun on whatever the heck this is.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 10:57 AM
Behind you.

DC decloaks behind Magtok with a gun to his head.

Of course, what's the point of killing you, of all people?

DC puts the gun away.

Duos
2008-11-23, 10:59 AM
There's a crackling of a radio, and a voice speaks, although no source can be found.
"This is Martin. Requesting permission to board for one marine and one hydralisk."

((Not sure if you've started yet, BU, but If you haven't I'm interested.))

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 11:04 AM
Oh, more than a few people've come up with reasons to pull that trigger before. It just takes a bit of creativity and the right mindset. Until you get there, you should probably not bother with such silly displays, Ms. Comet.

Magtok's well aware of the fact that DC's no longer a woman, by the way.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:09 AM
...Why does everyone seem intent on reminding me of that?

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 11:17 AM
"I find no humor in mocking someone by assigning them to the opposite sex."
The woman says coldly.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:24 AM
The guy possessing the gun, on the other hand, finds it so funny he has genderbending crossbow bolts.

DC pulls out the gun again.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 11:28 AM
"I am not surprised by your complete lack of maturity."
The woman frowns at him.
"Not that I like it."

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 11:28 AM
I don't find calling him a girl funny either. Reminding DC of the time he unwillingly spent as the opposite gender and the angry, embarrassed reaction that usually follows is occasionally worth a chuckle, though.

Magtok notes the cold nature of the woman, and is reminded of quite a few people he's met before. One in particular, a certain elven necromancer named Saurous, is imagined doing a little tap-dance and song before being whisked away.

And as for DC, he'd have to get a bit more creative than that, soon. He hadn't the slightest clue why, but all of a sudden, he wanted to leave frilly gowns in DC's luggage, completely coat everything associated with the dark, gloomy-looking psion in a pretty coat of pink, sunshine, and rainbows. It'd probably cost him a few lives, but hopefully he could make it worth the dying.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:29 AM
I'm being serious, you know. The gun is possessed.

Not lying.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 11:33 AM
"I see. I was under the impression that you were using an imperious third person in a pathetic attempt to make yourself seem superior. However, I don't think owning a spiritually possessed and uncontrollable weapon makes you much greater in my eye."
Appropriate how she doesn't use the plural, considering one of them is missing.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 12:06 PM
:smallsigh: Why must you persist in using that form?

It's the only form I've copied. I could use yours, but then there would be two of us.

She is wearing tight, hip-hugging, blue jeans. And a white tank top. She has two colts hanging off both her hips.

Boo
2008-11-23, 04:09 PM
Once everyone gets onto the ship number 5 unties the ropes holding the ship to the dock. After this he quickly runs up the ramp onto the ship, and then brings it aboard. "Destro! Destro! One to the Wally! Two, three and four to the Sally! Five, six man the Cally's! Seven... do a little Jami!" Number one mans the wheel, while three others handle the sails. Two more go below deck; anyone looking for them will see them behind a single cannon at the front of the ship. The last crewmate that was addressed begins to dance, possibly with someone nearby.

"Haro! Haro indeed!" He turns his attention to the people causing trouble. "Stop that, or you'll be Brommy! Real Yppo like." He continues scribbling something into his book while his bunny friend gives DC a mean look. It's surprisingly scary; especially for a wittoh bunny wabbit.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 04:16 PM
The woman simply sits somewhere on the deck and tips her hat down over her eye, waiting for something to happen.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 04:18 PM
DC laughs a bit at his mind-controlling antics elsewhere, and waits for something to happen.

Duos
2008-11-23, 04:43 PM
((Well, since I didn't get a response earlier, and I reviewed BU's post about joining... Here we go. My apologies if I'm wrecking such a carefully laid PLOT.))

Martin climbs out of the hold and watches as the numbered crew goes about their duty. Oscar follows and idly carves his name into the railing near the jib.
Martin flicks on his scanner, and glances over the others on board.
"Lets see who I have the thankless job of being with this fine voyage. Lord Magtok, DC, the Onion, KR, Hyozo, and...
As his gaze passes over Vael, his eyes narrow slighty and his mouth sets itself in a firm line.
"I don't think I know you yet. An introduction is in order, it seems. I am Martin, and my compatriot is Oscar. A bit of advice: If I were you I'd give Oscar a wide berth. He's not the most stable of individuals, and can be quite dangerous at times."
"Hey, I resemble that remark!"
"I, on the other hand, am an easy person to please: Don't cross me. If you stay out of my way, we may even become friends. I am probably the person on this ship you would want to cross the least, however, apart from the captain, and maybe the most irritable, so I would advise you to tread lightly around me if we must interact."
With that, he turns and stalks up the ship to the bow, where he gazes off into the distance, brow furrowed in deep thought.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 04:51 PM
Magtok raises an eye at Martin. No really, an eye, not an eyebrow. He holds the red one in his left hand, presumably to get a better view of the SPESS MEHREEN and his grumpy attitude. Odd, how did the cyborg not notice that side to Marty before?

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 04:52 PM
"Touchy and arrogant. A poor combination."
The woman who is most definitely not named Vael remarks, sounding extremely unconcerned as her voice carries after Martin.
"I hope you've at least got the capability to back your words up, but considering what I've seen of people... well, I'm betting you just have a bloated glass ego."

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:08 PM
((@Magtok: He didn't get a good night's sleep. Oscar kept him up with bad knock-knock jokes. Oh, and:

Wild Vael appears!
Vael uses Mini Wall o' Text!
Coulda fooled me. And you don't mention a name anywhere else, other than 'the unknown woman'.))

Martin turns back to face the woman, his face rather placid for one who was just insulted. His voice is flat, with no trace of emotion at all, except for what might be...amusement?
"You have not demonstrated any particular strength yourself, girl. Nor brains, for that matter. You don't know me. I do not boast. I do not exaggerate. If I say something, I mean it. If you're spoiling for a fight, you just might get one. And that would not be a pretty sight. So mind your tongue, lest someone cut it out."
Martin's gaze is like a laser, boring straight through the woman's head. There is no trace of warmth in his scrutiny, only a cold, calculating stare, like a butcher sizing up a pig for a cut of meat.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 05:15 PM
((I meant for the part you quoted to be cut off from the rest and read as OOC.
And no, I haven't mentioned her name. Possibly because no one knows her name yet. =P
You might be well served to ask. :smallwink:))

"Pretty and boastful words are still just words."
She slowly draws herself to her feet and shifts her head in a way that tosses her wide brimmed hat back, so that she can better look at Martin.
"I'll say what I want, and if you want to stop me, or try to cut out my tongue, go right ahead..."
Her single, remaining eye glitters with almost feverish intensity, and the expression on her face is strange, like ice with fractures in it, a cold frown with hints of a mad smile shot through it. There isn't arrogance in her, nor certainty of victory. But she's willing to take anything he throws at her.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 05:16 PM
Magtok takes a seat nearby, and gets ready to watch the inevitable conflict.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 05:18 PM
DC makes himself known with a warning shot in the air from his Star Wars-style disruptor pistol. For the unfamiliar, think blaster-on-steroids that hurts like hell and bypasses shields. Just saying so that everyone's aware of what it is.

I don't think killing each other is in our best interests, do you?

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:27 PM
((Duly noted.))

Martin looks at DC.
"Who said anything about killing? If she wants to test me, she can. There's no guarantee that she'll be unharmed when we're done, but I won't kill her."
He glances in the woman's direction.
"Probably."
Martin turns completly to face the woman.
"Your bravery is admirable. Tell me, girl, what your name is; so that I might add it to the list of fools I keep with me. And if you really want to call my bluff, you shall be hard pressed to say that I am not lying."
As he speaks, he draws a small baton from a compartment in his armor. with a flick of his wrist, it extends, winding up about head height for Martin. There's a subtle hiss, and a blade of dark fire erupts from the side. Martin spins the beam scyte expertly around his forearm, the harsh light from the blade glinting off his powered armor.
"You still have time to back down, girl, before you lose face. And any number of other body parts. One must know where to draw the line-do you?"
A faint smile creeps onto Martin's features.

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 05:36 PM
Hyozo sits down next to Magtok and says in a clearly only half serious manner "Five gold says this new girl makes him wish he had stayed at home."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 05:38 PM
DC sits next to Hyozo.

This is Martin we're talking about, though. Man's a walking tank.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 05:38 PM
"I am known as Wednesday."
She smiles darkly right back at him.
"And one can only draw a line when they know where it is."
Her dark coat shifts as she stands straight, one arm folded behind her, the other hanging lax at her side. Maybe she's drawing something out from behind her back.
"I'd best hope you're the one crossing it... and you'd best hope I am crossing it instead."

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 05:44 PM
"You mean he's slow and generally inefficient?" Hyozo asks, chuckling. Then he calm's down and adds in a more serious tone "Why do you think I'm offering such a low wager?"

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:46 PM
Martin raises an eyebrow. He seems unconcerned by her apparent move to draw a concealed weapon.
"Wednesday? I will neve understand this realm's fascination with naming people after things that should not be names."
He spins the scythe around his hand absentmindedly, the low thrumming of the scythe's blade goining into an ominous doppler.
"And if you'll remember, girl, I told you where the line was when I came up out of the hold. So you know, as well as I, that you will be the one to cross that line."
He stops spinning the scythe abruptly, catching hold of the haft near the top.
"This is your last chance to use that get out of a beating free card, girl."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 05:49 PM
DC mutters something about having a proper name, but it's rather unclear. Mostly because A. He doesn't want to reveal it, and B. I suck with names.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 05:49 PM
"Give that card to someone who wants it."
Wednesday says, grinning fiercely now.
"Don't make me wait all day..."

((I'm not actually sure, but I don't think her original/given name is Wednesday. She's using it as her name for a reason though.))

Duos
2008-11-23, 05:54 PM
Martin sighs.
"If you scratch the finish on my armor..."
He flicks the scythe again, and a matching energy blade pops out of the bottom. He spins it up-and then slings it at Wednesday like a discus, the twin energy blades thrumming dangerously.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 06:02 PM
Wednesday's lax arm raises slightly, and glowing red blood seems to flow from her hand, writhing out with incredible speed to flow into a spear, for an instant leaving her in a relaxed and ready pose.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Wednesday.png
With trained swiftness, she flips the spear up and blocks the attack, meeting it head on with the haft of her strange spear before twisting the movement to deflect the blade to her left side.
She takes one step to her right, holding her spear ready, just waiting for Martin to act again.

Duos
2008-11-23, 06:09 PM
Martin raises an eyebrow. Again. (There's very little you can do to surprise him, by the way. he's usually :smallannoyed: or :smallamused:.)
"Curious. Well, melee is not my forte in any case."
He flicks open a panel on his armor and withdraws a mass driver.
"This may sting."
He wings it around and yanks the trigger on the mass driver, which hurtles a slug the size of a baseball at Wednesday faster than the speed of sound.

(Just as a forewarning and a plea for my sanity: this cannot be blocked. feel free to dodge, though. A mass driver artificially charges a piece of matter with additional gravity-that baseball sized slug weighs more than a mountain right now. Makes blocking kind of unfeasable.)

Boo
2008-11-23, 06:12 PM
Noticing the conflict the captain puts his items away in his satchel, and begins climbing up to the crows nest of the ship. His bunny friend is hanging on to him like a back pack at this point. Once at the top he takes out his book and pen once again, and begins writing a few notes down while watching the fight. "So vrutty..." The bunny hops off of him, and balances on the railing.

The ship distances itself from land as if the calm breeze was amplified by the sails. At this point the shore was at least ten miles behind the ship.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 06:17 PM
(Just as a forewarning and a plea for my sanity: this cannot be blocked. feel free to dodge, though. A mass driver artificially charges a piece of matter with additional gravity-that baseball sized slug weighs more than a mountain right now. Makes blocking kind of unfeasable.)
((I'm sure someone like Atlas or Heracles would beg to differ, but as Wednesday is certainly neither of them...))

Wednesday begins moving as soon as he reaches up to pull the trigger, and though she moves in almost ludicrously fast blur, it's still not quite enough, and the slug grazes her left shoulder.
That alone is quite enough to be dangerous.
The force of the slug, combined with Wednesday's own speed, spins and slings her quite a ways back into the ship, probably leaving some nasty cracks in the wood. Hissing, she rolls to her feet and blurs back across the deck, lunging at Martin and sending a one handed spear thrust at his throat.
Whatever strange material her spear is, it has the potential to cut through metal like cardboard, so he'd better hope he has some other way to avoid it...

Duos
2008-11-23, 06:35 PM
((I'm sure someone like Atlas or Heracles would beg to differ, but as Wednesday is certainly neither of them...))

((Yes, they could lift mountains. but this is also moving as fast as a bullet-force equals mass time acceleration. we'll have to call them up and experiment sometime.:smalltongue:))

As soon as Martin sees Wednesday recover, he'll snap shut his visor. The incoming spear will glance of his armor. As it does so, Martin will attepmt to stab Wednesday with a syringe as she's off balance. Where the paint is scraped off, she'll see blackness. Nothing. It's as if there's a hole in the universe beneath the paint.
"That's a rather fancy weapon there, and I commend your handling of it. But I built this armor with my bare hands. And I build it out of Voidsteel. It's completely indestuctable, and I mean that; nothing can harm it. The only thing capable of damaging it is a trip through a black hole. So before I end this, let me reiterate: I do not boast or bluff. I speak only facts. And when I said to tread lightly near me, I meant it. Girl."
He looks down at her, and you can feel the scorn radiating from the blacked out visor.

((@V: Oooh boy. Martin's seen that violin case before too.:smalleek:))

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 06:41 PM
If anyone looks DC is rather oddly holding a violin case. Those here who know him will find it odd, considering DC isn't a musician. Except Fullbladder, of course.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 06:53 PM
((They lifted the entire heavens. Somewhat more impressive than a mountain, methinks.
But beside the point.))

Wednesday regains her balance with startling ease, nimbly dancing out of the way of the syringe.
"I see. So instead of winning on your own merit, you resort to hiding behind armor built to symbolize your cowardice, assuring yourself that you will be victorious because you are certain that you are more craven than anyone else you will meet."
She lets her spear melt away into the air, contempt in her eye.
"There is little point in fighting a man who has set his path to the cold underworld. I pity you."
Wednesday turns away from him and begins walking back towards where she was sitting before she began taunting him. She seems unconcerned that she has left a potential enemy behind her.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 07:00 PM
A gray glowing portal opens up on the ship. A heavry full armored figure steps through. The rainbow colors on it flow slowly around. He looks around.
Sorry for interding, Sirs and Ladys. Drat, Sir is affectioning my speech again. Oh well. Where is the Captain? I wish to pay for my traveling on his vessel.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 07:33 PM
The Onion claps and follows after Wednesday. That was great. I never liked him anyway. What a braggart. And hiding under almost indestructable. Psshaw. What a coward! She begins to walk next to her.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 07:35 PM
Evil and/or greedy? Hoo, that fits to a T.

"Why the hells did you even bring me along? We're on a boat for crying out loud!" snorts a war horse in full barding at the knight in similar garb.

"Because you complained last time I went on an outing and left you behind. Now stuff it, I don't want to listen to your whining," replies none other than Rebonack, the Arcane Knight. As always he's clad in his facetted blue plate mail, the surface glinting in the sun. And as always his form is fully obscured under the armor. A white mantel lays draped over one shoulder and a shield slung over the other.

Why is he here?

What is his purpose?

Riches, of course. Why else?

"Heh. I gotta admit the fleshlings getting miffed with each other is funny. Maybe they'll kill themselves and leave more for us?"

*TWONK!* would be the sound of Rebonack's gauntlet knocking the horse upside the head.

"Oow! What was that for?"

"You know the rules, stupid horse. No being hostile to the party members until someone makes it clear they deserve it."

Armos grumbles over this treatment.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 07:36 PM
Wednesday sits down and tips her hat lower, concealing her weather scarred face.
"And you would be...?"
She questions the Onion.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 07:38 PM
A jackass.

DC leers at The Onion as he says this.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 07:45 PM
"Sounds like these fleshlings are about as sensitive as you," Rebonack chuckles as he clomps across the deck. Odd sounding chuckle. Like tar bubbling on hot rocks. He surveys the various members of the crew and passengers alike. Judging strength. Arcane power. Whether they're to be ignored or watched with suspicion.

"You know what? Shock you. I deserve to be mouthy on account of what I get from you," sneers the horse, always the diplomatic one.

Duos
2008-11-23, 07:48 PM
With a snort, Martin turns and descends into the ship's hold.
"That one seems to have confused cowardice with logic. I can hardly be expected to wear naught but rags when better is available, hmm?"

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 07:51 PM
"A life so pathetically clung to is not worth having."
Wednesday says condescendingly to Martin.
Rebonack doesn't sense any arcane magic on her.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 07:54 PM
Yet Life clung to so one can serve ones Lord is something worthwhile. Indeed, that is what I live for.
Edward walks up to Martin.
Voidsteel, nice. But you always have to look out for special things that can get rid of the protections that keep it from eating you. Anything made out of void always has some extra cost. Which is why i got something else for my armor.

\/(Maybe they look a little different, but fairly close, so you could say a high spot check.)

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 07:55 PM
((Would DC be able to recognize Sir Edward? Because Dark Lord set some Phantom Edwards on him when he was fighting the Sapphire Slayer.))

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 07:58 PM
Magtok watches the scene with obvious amusement, up until Edward arrives. There's something vaguely familiar about that one, though he can't quite tell what it is. Perhaps a smell on the individual, maybe the voice, the gait, or something else, but it bugs the cyborg quite a bit.

Until he can piece it together, Magtok takes out that book he's writing, the Acronomicon, and resumes writing the chapter about Casino Ratavo.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 08:02 PM
"What about that guy?" Armos inquires, nodding his razor helm-crest at Martian as he departs. Rather grumpily it should probably be added.

"Eh. Not so interesting. He's got some exotic material on him, though. Nothing that hasn't cropped up before," Rebonack remarks dismissively. "Magtok's poking around here somewhere, I can smell him. Wonder, would he rust if he got dumped in the sea?"

The horse shrugs.

"The meat-sack with the spear has got a strong scent of divine magic. And not the clerical sort, either. Recognize the bit with the one eye?" the arcane knight remarks.

He horse shrugs again.

"Damn, do you pay attention to anything I tell you?"

"Not really. You talk way the hells too much."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:04 PM
DC scowls at Edward.

Don't I know you from somewhere?

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 08:07 PM
Edward looks over at DC.
Not that I know of, my good sir.
(Edward doesn't know what the Phantom Edwards do, and you only meet them and a piece of Dark Lord, so Edward really doesn't know you.)

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:08 PM
Some weird thing sent multiples of you at me once.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 08:09 PM
What weird thing? And what do you mean multiples of me?

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:11 PM
...Some ghost-like thing. It sent a bunch of guys that looked like you at me when I was fighting Draken's sword.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 08:13 PM
What did it looked like?
Edward's hand is lowered so its right next to his sword but not touching it.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:13 PM
Because I don't remember, the events of the battle with Draken and the Phantom Edwards flow into Edward's mind.

Yeah, DC can do that.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 08:16 PM
Oh, so that is what he was up to. Oh, well sir is fine with you now. Also don't do that again. Only one person I want in my mind and you aren't that person.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:17 PM
Well, I'm glad I don't have crazed ghost-things after me.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 08:40 PM
"These people are boring," Armos grumbles as he glares at the various people on board. "They were more interesting when they were trying to kill each other."

"Oh stuff it," Rebonack retorts. "You can survive a few minutes without entertainment, can't you? Give it some time. Given the number of stupid fleshlings that are waddling around here and bumping into each other it'll only be a matter of time before they start cutting one another again."

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 08:44 PM
I'd be more than happy to help, Mr. crazy talking horse.

Magtok takes a scalpel, and attempts to cut DC across the chest, just a shallow flesh wound, but enough to possibly start something.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 08:45 PM
Decker, bored with all the fighting, tries to climb the mast to the very top.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:45 PM
DC floats backwards to avoid the attack.

Don't be a fool.

DC lifts the violin case.

He fully expects you to look at him like he's crazy.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 08:47 PM
There's nothing I can do to change that, DC.

He'll then float after the psionic bugger, intending to go for a stab this time.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:48 PM
The case unfolds, revealing a sci-fi cannon that looks way too big for DC to lift.

You sure you want to do that?

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 08:50 PM
"Thanks for the indulgence mister smelly, ugly flesh-sack," the horse sneers back. Well... at least he said thanks, right?

Rebonack would quirk an eyebrow behind his visor if he had any. "What is this guy, another fruity bard? Bards... Gods I'm glad Mazura isn't here. That would have been annoying as all hell."

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 08:52 PM
If I wasn't entirely certain before, I wouldn't be here now.

Magtok tosses the scalpel towards DC's face, which shifts into a glue-coated toilet plunger mid-flight.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 08:54 PM
The thing should freeze in midair. If it doesn't, there is now a plunger on mah cannon.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 09:04 PM
"Too much talk," Rebonack laughs as a dagger slips out from under his bracer. The weapon in question is then hurled at the floating violin-case wielding fellow.

Why is he tossing a dagger at DC?

Because DC is threatening Magtok.

Magtok is amusing. And not amusing if he's dead.

It's a twisted sort of reasoning that borders empathy, but not really.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 09:04 PM
Magtok glances at the plunger there on the cannon.

Hmm...

He then pulls what appears to be a razor-sharp waffle out of his robes, and throws it as if it were a Frisbee at DC.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-23, 09:06 PM
"I am known as Wednesday."

((… Garth Nix reference?))

There's some banging from the hold, and a bunch of shouting.
Uncle Festy storms up from the hold. "Alright, Player! I know you're around here somewhere, because there is no way I would agree to join a plot unless you made me! So get me off this boat now!"

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:06 PM
DC flies out of the way of both the waffle and the dagger. The plunger is quite literally ripped off of the cannon by an unseen force.

This is ridiculous.

The cannon folds back into a violin case and it, along with DC, vanishes.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 09:07 PM
A portal appears between the waffle frisbee and DC. The frisbee should fly right into it.

Decker and DC are BFFs. She won't let him get sliced up.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 09:08 PM
Aww, and just when I was starting to have fun...

Magtok sighs, and drops down to the ground, resuming what he was doing before all that happened.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:09 PM
DC reappears behind Magtok, disruptor at his head.

I win.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 09:12 PM
Wednesday sits down and tips her hat lower, concealing her weather scarred face.
"And you would be...?"
She questions the Onion.

I am The Onion, master spy. I am here under orders from my master. But Shhhhh. It's a secret. The Onion sits down next to Wednesday.

This place is great, no?

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 09:12 PM
Edward turns to the zombie look alike of Lord Magtok. (Uncle Festy)
Pardon me sir, but are you the one called Uncle Festy?

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 09:15 PM
((I have no idea who Garth Nix is. My hint is that if you look at my description and avatar of Wednesday, the origin may become more clear.))

I am The Onion, master spy. I am here under orders from my master. But Shhhhh. It's a secret. The Onion sits down next to Wednesday.

This place is great, no?

"I have yet to be impressed by anyone, so no, I don't believe it is great."
Says Wednesday dryly.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-23, 09:15 PM
Magtok smiles.

And here I thought for a moment you ruined the fun and ran away. Yeah, you win this time. Now that that's done, does anyone have any idea what we're all doing? Or what those crew members have been saying? I can only guess at the weird things they've been saying.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 09:17 PM
The dagger will ostensibly thump into something solid. Let's say a hand-rail. It quivers a bit for a few moments. And... yeah. That's about it.

Rebonack turns to regard DC. And does so rather contemptuously. "A teleporter? Bah. Irritating at best. Hey Armos? If you please?"

DC will rather abruptly discover that he's got a war-horse aiming a kick at him. Hopefully enough to send him comically sailing overboard. "Right-o, boss."

Rebonack, meanwhile, is digging through his mantel as if it were a bag of holding. "Now where did I put that thing..."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:18 PM
DC, being psychic, dives to the side.

Not a teleporter.

He points the gun at the warhorse.

Don't bother trying.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-23, 09:21 PM
((I have no idea who Garth Nix is. My hint is that if you look at my description and avatar of Wednesday, the origin may become more clear.))
((:smalleek: You don't know Garth Nix?
Eh, to each his (or her) own. I was referring to the Keys of the Kingdom series, which has a female character named Wednesday. But whatever.))
Uncle turns to D_Lord (or whoever this guy is), momentarily distracted from his rant. "Yes, why?"

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 09:24 PM
Decker keeps climbing the mast.

Boy games are boring. :smalltongue:

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 09:24 PM
(It's Sir Edward whos here.)
Aaa, good. I don't know why but Sir said to take this guy to wherever you are.
http://www.court-records.net/animation/ani-gant-tie.gif

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 09:27 PM
That's awfully presumptuous. Not even going to ask if mind reading attempts succeed or fail? Or can DC seeeeeeee the fuuuuuuutuuuuuuure? *spooky finger wiggling*

Ah well. It's largely immaterial in the end.

"Don't bother trying? What, you think I'm the sort to just give up?" Armos sneers, whipping his razor sharp head-fan around in a rather nasty sweeping arc.

"Ah! Here it is!" Rebonack declares, having successfully pulled what appears to be a perfectly normal star-nosed mole from his cape. "Hey Mama Cleo, catch."

The brain mole is then tossed in DC's general direction. The psionic insectivore will do its best to devour all psychic energy currently stored in the psion's mind.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:30 PM
((DC's also good at projecting his mind over an area. Thus, he sees things. Not necessarily mind reading.))

DC flies upward to avoid the first attack.

Oh hell no.

DC fires a volley of disruptor bolts at the brain-mole-thing.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 09:31 PM
"I have yet to be impressed by anyone, so no, I don't believe it is great."
Says Wednesday dryly.

Oh. Well, I've found someone who impresses me. I think I know who to stick with.

She points to the crazy Devil-Swanmay (Decker). She may be crazy, but she's quite powerful. Then to DC. And he is a fairly competant Psychic, but he also has a pretty deadly aim. And finally over to Magtok. And he may seem to be lacking sanity at times, but he's very witty and a brilliant strategist.

The she looks back to Wednesday. And of course you, impress me the most. How did you do that blood spear thing. That was just crazy. The Onion smiles.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 09:33 PM
This is Decker. She looks like a thirteen year old girl. Unless she puts on her feathered cloak, and then she looks like an ordinary swan with devil horns.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/LordRod/OotSAvatars/Deckerv2e.png

Uncle Festy
2008-11-23, 09:34 PM
Uncle looks confused. "What's that supposed to –"
"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!" Dan, Uncle's player, leaps out from the captain's cabin and runs down below deck, screaming his head off.
Uncle grins, evilly. "Oooh, I like. Mind if I borrow that?"
((In other news: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :smalleek:))

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 09:39 PM
The innocent brain mole is riddled with sci-fi energy beams and dies a painful death. Poor mole. What did it do to deserve such a fate?

"Aaww, flying out of my reach? That's no fun," Armos complains.

"Not a problem. Though it'll be his in a moment," Rebonack retorts as he simply holds up one gauntleted hand at the hovering psychic and clenches it. He's attempting to simply crush the psionic power that's holding him aloft.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:43 PM
DC falls, yelling at Decker as he falls.

A little help here!?

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 09:44 PM
Wednesday looks towards the Onion, completely serious, her remaining eye hard and cold.
"It is part of the power I gained when I impaled myself on a spear and hung from a tree for nine days."
Her voice is deadpan.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 09:46 PM
A portal forms below DC, and deposits him in a different orientation. This occurs a few times until his momentum is slowed, and the final portal leaves him on the deck.

Decker portals in next to him. "Silly boy games. Wanna climb the mast?"

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 09:47 PM
Thank you.

DC ignores the second question, however, and fires a volley of disruptor bolts at Rebonack.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 09:48 PM
Uncle looks confused. "What's that supposed to –"
"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!" Dan, Uncle's player, leaps out from the captain's cabin and runs down below deck, screaming his head off.
Uncle grins, evilly. "Oooh, I like. Mind if I borrow that?"
((In other news: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :smalleek:))

:confused:Ummmm, sure. I think. Sir wrote a few scrolls that summon him. But he does want something in return. Something like one letter, e. Don't ask me why he wants a letter e. I have no idea what he'll do with it.

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 09:54 PM
Wednesday looks towards the Onion, completely serious, her remaining eye hard and cold.
"It is part of the power I gained when I impaled myself on a spear and hung from a tree for nine days."
Her voice is deadpan.

((This is coming from a one eyed person named Wednesday who fights using a spear. Would this tree happen to be named Yggdrasil? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin)))

Hyozo is just invisibly watching the chaos, trying to decide what to do.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 09:55 PM
Her voice is deadpan.

Um, oookaaay. Did you know what you were doing, when you impaled yourself. Or was it an accident? The Onion almost moves an inch away from Wednesday, but decides not to.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 09:57 PM
"That's hilarious as hell," the horse laughs as the psychic careens through the air in several various directions before rolling to a stop on the deck.

"It certainly is. I'm satisfied. Seeing the look on his face was enough for m-" then he lurches forward as the bolt slams into him from behind, leaving a nice scoring mark on the armor. "Oh that bastard did not just shoot me in the back."

Clomp clomp clomp.

"You know, I was going to leave you along. Maybe even commend you for your skill in leaping out of the way of attacks. But then you had to go and shoot me in the back."

His shield is slung off his back and readied. Thousands of flashing metal flecks swarm out of his mantle and assemble into a war-axe. "Now I'm going to have to cut you."

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 09:58 PM
((Would this tree happen to be named Yggdrasil?))

((Oh hey, someone is catching on. No, not Yggdrasil, but then again, she's not actually Odin, so it works out.))

"It was quite intended and voluntary. Of course, I'm sure you can see what I have gained from it. Such an act is a powerful ritual."
Wednesday closes her eyes and leans back.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see you try.

DC fires more bolts at him, and he might notice the violin case floating into the air.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-23, 10:08 PM
The Onion just watches her for a moment.. Too shocked to say anymore. She will also lean back and not close her eyes.

happyturtle
2008-11-23, 10:10 PM
Decker shifts into swan form, flies up to the crow's nest, tucks her head under her wing, and falls asleep.

((deadtime))

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 10:10 PM
This time around Rebonack brings his shield to bear. Rather odd looking shield, it might be noted. Most of it is of the same odd blue metal as the rest of his armor. But in place of a heraldry symbol on its face there is simply a blackness into which light itself falls.

The disrupter bolts strike the shield. Or... not really. They just go sailing off into the infinite distance that happens to be the front of his shield.

Yeah. That's more accurate.

Rebonack will then take advantage of an ancient combat technique known as 'splitting the mage's fool-head open with an axe'. This consists of walking up to the psychic and doing his best to split his head open with an axe. "I'll make sure you have a front row seat."

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 10:14 PM
"Without sacrifice, there can be no gain. The greatest warrior risks his life for glory. The greatest king pours out his wealth for the people. The greatest bard invests his heart into his song."
Wednesday says quietly.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 10:14 PM
DC quickly backs away, vanishing.

Heh.

Then several DCs appear all around the ship.

Meanwhile, the sound of an unfolding cannon is heard in the air.

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 10:16 PM
Hyozo walks behind Rebonack and attempts to kick him in the back of his left knee, hoping to knock him down.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 10:17 PM
"Without sacrifice, there can be no gain. The greatest warrior risks his life for glory. The greatest king pours out his wealth for the people. The greatest bard invests his heart into his song."
Wednesday says quietly.

So true, Sir gave up a bit to get so powerful. His sanity was only the start. I gave up all but one of my ties to my family. And that one I wish I don't have.:lmad:

Duos
2008-11-23, 10:25 PM
Martin returns to the deck. He carries with him a large metal case, slung over his shoulder. He watches the exchange between DC and Magtok with a bemused expression, before setting the case down near the bowsprint. His gaze narrows when he sees Wednesday, but he gives no comment. Oscar is busy tormenting the ship's crew with smiles.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 10:27 PM
((Generally speaking it's considered to be good form to announce when one is using an illusion, as some character's have various means to see through such abilities. The more descriptive you are of what you're doing the easier it is for others to interact with you. Less guesswork on their part.))

Rebonack, due to the fact he's able to see 'magic' fairly easily, finds that resolving the difference between an illusion and something made of squishy, throbbing flesh to be pretty simple. Suffice to say he isn't at all impressed by the duplicates.

Instead he does to the violent case when he did to the psion's flight. He's probably planning on sundering the weapon.

"Y'know, I could be downright mean if you want to keep teleporting around instead of having an honorable duel," the arcane knight quips. Then falters a bit as he gets kicked. Whatever's in that leg of his does seem to bend right. "The hell? I'm having a friendly duel here. Shock off."

Armors walks behind Hyozo and attempts to kick him in the small of the back, hoping to knock his vertebra out.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 10:31 PM
The illusions disappear, but the cannon finishes unfolding and is caught in midair, then vanishing as well due to the stealth field thing.

Like I said, not a teleporter.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 10:44 PM
It should probably be noted again that Rebonack clearly sees 'magic'. Magic being a fairly catch all term for supernatural energy sources of most any kind. Aside from that, he can pick up subtle pressure waves in the air and vibrations in the ground. Eyes aren't something he needs to find a target. Invisibility and stealth fields are of little use.

Anyway, we'll assume that it was DC who caught the thing. If he's on the ground Rebonack will close the distance with a rather impressive burst of speed and do his best to catch the psion with a rising axe stroke. If the psion's still in the air the arcane knight will once more seek to yank him down. "Not a competent fighter, either."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 10:47 PM
A large discharge of dark red energy comes at Rebonack mid-rush.

The cannon has been fired.

Ouch time.

Boo
2008-11-23, 10:56 PM
As everyone fights, the man in the crows nest continues to write. Well, until Decker flies up and falls asleep beside him. His body denotes that he's surprised, but his face... well, he's wearing a damn mask. "Voidsteel, spear thingy, psionic twit..." He continues to mumble as such, writing down everyone's known abilities.

If anyone tries to read his mind they'll see a very spicy episode of the L Word, but muted. Well, no, not really. I just wanted to say that. In actual fact they'll see an enormous wall with a gigantic sign on it that reads "No Hoppers".

Something strange about the ship is that every time someone damages it, it seems to grow back the broken pieces. It's not bad, but it should be noted.

Now, ooc, I find the Voidsteel thing annoyingly too powerful. Because of that you will all be fighting creatures armed with weapons enchanted with brilliant energy. Everyone blame Duos. :smalltongue:

P.S. Something interesting will happen tomorrow.

D_Lord
2008-11-23, 10:59 PM
Now, ooc, I find the Voidsteel thing annoyingly too powerful. Because of that you will all be fighting creatures armed with weapons enchanted with brilliant energy. Everyone blame Duos. :smalltongue:

P.S. Something interesting will happen tomorrow.
(Thank you for reminding me of that fact. I had something else if I had to fight him, but that works too.)

And it's really not my fault Vael forgot to attack the joints on the armor (where gaps would be), now is it?:smalltongue:))
(which why Edward's armor is made so you can't get at the joints. There are over lapping points, all over the joints. Why do you think I mention it's heavy armor. To get the idea that it's stronger then normal armor across.)

Duos
2008-11-23, 11:01 PM
((If you ask anyone who's encountered Voidsteel before, like DC, he'll tell you (if he can remember) that Voidsteel conducts heat, electricity, and magic very well. so those can be used to assult anyone protected by it. Also, Martin can still be damaged by impact shock, like being thrown into a wall. And it's really not my fault Vael forgot to attack the joints on the armor (where gaps would be), now is it?:smalltongue:))

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 11:03 PM
((Yay, brilliant energy weapons >_>))

One would think so.

If one hadn't noticed that Rebonack shield had swallowed up those last few projectiles that were hurled his way. That sort of thing is normally a clue, but apparently not this time around.

The big scary energy blast disappears into his shield.

Since no move was made to avoid Rebonack's previous attack we'll assume it either hit or it's still in the cue. Either way, the arcane knight is standing right next to DC. The psion can expect a boot to the chest in a bid to knock him flat on his back. "Stay down, the look suits you."

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:05 PM
DC is booted. However, a swarm of daggers fly out of his robes, forming a literal blade barrier.

Hyozo
2008-11-23, 11:05 PM
Hyozo barely dodges Armors's kick and comments "So you can insult both of us," Suddenly he vanishes and his voice continues from across the ship, "but only one of us is allowed to react?"

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 11:10 PM
((If you ask anyone who's encountered Voidsteel before, like DC, he'll tell you (if he can remember) that Voidsteel conducts heat, electricity, and magic very well. so those can be used to assult anyone protected by it. Also, Martin can still be damaged by impact shock, like being thrown into a wall. And it's really not my fault Vael forgot to attack the joints on the armor (where gaps would be), now is it?:smalltongue:))

((Typically when you're using a weapon that can cut steel with ease, you don't need to target joints. On the other hand, a weapon made of magical energy might interact with voidsteel strangely, so... who knows what the spear really should have done.))

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 11:21 PM
Armos, like Rebonack, isn't bothered too much by invisibility. What is with all these teleporting, disappearing people, anyway?

"Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it," Amors sneers. "You have a problem with that arrangement, fleshling?"

Rebonack, for his part, laughs in that boiling laugh of his at the blade barrier and simply tries to abolish the force holding them aloft. See, he thinks it would be funny if they drop out of the air and stab the hell out of DC.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:24 PM
((It seems like this guy is freaking designed to take on DC. :smallannoyed:))

DC rolls out of the way and gets up.

Time for something different.

A telekinetic wave comes at Rebonack from behind.

AmberVael
2008-11-23, 11:27 PM
((It seems like this guy is freaking designed to take on DC. :smallannoyed:))

((He's been around for quite a while, so don't think Rebo is just doing this kind of thing to get you. He's designed to fight magical people in general, really.))

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 11:39 PM
((Nope, he's designed to be a melee combatant that's actually a threat to overpowered DnD wizards who can stop time and gate in solars. People who rely heavily on magic tend to find him a difficult opponent unless they pull off something tricksy.))

Telekinesis, hmmm? Psychokinesis would have worked a bit better since it creates a force and slams it into things as opposed to trying to directly accelerate an object.

The mental energy wavers and buckles as it strikes him like a breaker on a cliff.

"You would do better if you used some psionics that could actually, y'know, harm me," Rebonack laughs as he takes another axe stroke at the psion. Anyone who knows combat should be able to tell that he isn't aiming for a killing blow. Just a painful flesh wound.

Darkcomet
2008-11-23, 11:42 PM
((Also, the reason I have him dodge most everything, is, well, DC is squishy. A meatshield, he ain't.))

DC jumps back, but is hit in the arm a bit.

Since I know the proper term now, a psychokinetic wave comes from below Rebonack, aiming to send him flying.

Rebonack
2008-11-23, 11:58 PM
((I generally treat Hit Points as minor wounds and fatigue from combat. Generally speaking my characters don't start taking nasty wounds until they're near death. That way people won't feel like you're dodging eveything since you've been taking all sorts of knicks and gashes the whole time.))

Rebonack grins a hideous grin behind his visor as he spies the bloodied arm before spinning around to lay into the psionic shockwave with all his weight. And of course bringing is shield to bear against it.

The shied devours the better part of the force, though still leaving more than enough to slam into the arcane knight rather painfully, sending him staggering back a few steps.

He holds out one arm, axe held aloft.

A single drop of DC's blood beads on the blade before falling free.

A single drop splashes on the ebony deck, leaving a crimson stain.

"I got what I wanted. Don't overestimate your own power magus. It'll bite you in your squishy ass."

And with that he simply strolls off toward the aft of the ship.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 12:02 AM
((Thanks for the tips.))

Mage? You mistake me. Of course, you could probably sort what I am together with the more magically inclined, but I digress.

DC shrugs and tends to his bloodied arm.

2008-11-24, 12:41 AM
Part of the disruptor at DC's side folds away to reveal a purple gem, pulsing a few times before being folded away.

"Whoah there, trigger happy folks. Being one of the comparatively heavily armed idiots at this here party, I's calling a time-out."

The disruptor's front-most length of barrel swivels to point at everyone in turn.

Then it folds again, turning into a little gun-sized robot. The barrel of the gun remain pointing out of the little figure's chest, and hand are gasping clamps. It climbs away from DC and looks up at the crowd in general, 'hands' on its 'hips', looking little a tiny drill sergeant.

"Can we try to get along for a few seconds, folks?"

It, er, doesn't have a face. That was too intricate for Fullbladder to make while still being used as a casual sidearm.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 12:43 AM
DC somehow ignores it. He mutters this under his breath:

I'm supposed to be untouchable... What went wrong?

Rebonack
2008-11-24, 12:52 AM
"I'm getting along just swell," Rebonack laughs from where he's presently reclining against the mast of the vessel. "No better way to judge a party member's skills than to spar with them, eh Madam Cleo?"

That's probably directed at the psychic.

There exists a strong possibility that Rebonack will refer to DC as Cleo for the remainder of the voyage.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 12:54 AM
DC sighs, rather annoyed that two people are now stuck referring to him as the opposite gender.

((And deadtime.))

D_Lord
2008-11-24, 01:02 AM
Odd that they mock gender but I can't tell Rebonack's, gender at all. I know something don't have a gender, but a lot of those like to be called he or she instead of it.

Rebonack
2008-11-24, 01:09 AM
If Rebonack were able to read minds he would defend his position with something along the lines of 'You expect me to keep track of their disgusting copulatory organs?'. But he can't so for the time being he sits with his back to the mast and pulls out a rather old and worn down looking tome from his snowy white mantle.

An inkhorn and quill shortly follow.

Armos, meanwhile, is doing the best a warhorse can to judge who he could most effectively kick overboard.

Boo
2008-11-24, 02:30 AM
A lot of people are easy to kick around. Magtok might be easiest, though. ...just saying.

Anyways, I'm going to move this on to the night phase since everyone seems to have calmed down somewhat.

The sky soon turns dark, and stars fill the sky. They can be seen sparkling in the water below while the moon is clouded from sight. "Rest for tonight!" The captain yells down, "It's gonna to be an oppy day tomorrow!" He throws a rock at one of you from his perch. "NOW!" His voice booms down to the deck.

If you're wondering where he got a rock, just think of where he got his pen and book; A bag.

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 03:09 AM
((If no one objects, I would like to join the PLOT--and since it was said to just hop on in...))

A young woman of twenty-one is lounging on one of the thicker guardrails. She watches the fight with a bored expression.

"This was more interesting the first time around..."

((A short description...human, 5"5'ish, mid-back length dark, dark red hair, navy blue eyes, black cotton long-sleeve shirt and pants, mid-calf leather boots. Rebo would see magic in her.

If you couldn't tell, I don't have a pic of her yet...*sweatdrops*))

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-24, 05:52 AM
KR sighs at everyone's amateurish attempts at asserting dominance. Rule one of intimidation, know who the frak you're fraking with. Or at least know that they aren't powerful enough to roll you up and smoke you. :smallsigh:

She catches the rock and bounces it in her palm, throwing it overboard as she goes below deck to the rooms.

((There is no magic detectable by Rebonack.))

happyturtle
2008-11-24, 08:27 AM
Decker portals straight into the room next to KR. "Cheer up, Karina. The boys are just stupid."

Ashen Lilies
2008-11-24, 08:42 AM
When did you become a telepath? And NO to Karina.

((deadtime.))

happyturtle
2008-11-24, 08:49 AM
"I'm not a telepath. Silly kid." Decker snuggles into bed. "You were sighing. It wasn't not that hard to guess why."

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 09:47 AM
The red-headed woman fell asleep sometime around the player's deadtimes. Before sleeping, she had decided to move to the floor and lean against the rails. What with crazy people going around trying to knock people overboard.

Duos
2008-11-24, 10:15 AM
((Typically when you're using a weapon that can cut steel with ease, you don't need to target joints. On the other hand, a weapon made of magical energy might interact with voidsteel strangely, so... who knows what the spear really should have done.))

((Actually a good point, even if you never actually mentioned the spear was constructed soley of magic. Since the spear was solid, though, I'd expect it to carom off anyways. Voidsteel doesn't break-ever, so it wouldn't cut. And I don't know if it would go through without damaging the armor or something similar. It might conduct a blast of energy through the armor, but I'm not sure. We'll figure it out in post-production.))

Rebonack
2008-11-24, 10:33 AM
Crazy horse, at least.

While Armos would consider punting Magtok like the football one Charlie Brown has yearned for so long to kick he knows well enough that such an action would piss off Rebonack. And while the warhorse finds the prospect of pissing off Rebonack an extremely desirable outcome he also knows it might piss Rebonack off enough to actually do something about it.

So for the time being he simply sulks around deck, glaring murderously at anyone who happens to look his way. What a cheerful horse!

Rebonack, meanwhile, sets down his quill and peers up at the fellow in the crow's nest. "I can speak fourteen languages and I still have no idea what the hell he's saying." The red-head had been noted and filed away under the category of 'feh, wizards.'

The extended OOC conversations are run over by a random steam roller. PMs, people!

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 10:34 AM
DC sighs, then picks up Fullbladder (presuming he'll let him) and heads down to the mens' cabin.

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 10:42 AM
She continues to sleep, and would probably awake if something interesting happened or someone chose to interact with her. The player most certainly did not forget to mention a pack that is riddled with patches (it is unknown whether it had holes or they are decoration), which is currently being used as a pillow.

If the noted redhead was awake and could read minds, she would say that she preferred the title of Sorceress. But this is beside the point.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 11:14 AM
((Actually a good point, even if you never actually mentioned the spear was constructed soley of magic. Since the spear was solid, though, I'd expect it to carom off anyways. Voidsteel doesn't break-ever, so it wouldn't cut. And I don't know if it would go through without damaging the armor or something similar. It might conduct a blast of energy through the armor, but I'm not sure. We'll figure it out in post-production.))

((On the other hand, you never mentioned what Voidsteel was until I hit it, and even then you didn't state any of its weaknesses, so... :smalltongue:
For future reference, the spear is basically Brilliant Energy, except with the capability to actually hit all materials (which only makes sense, really. How does Brilliant Energy manage to only hit living matter? Just seems weird that it could distinguish between living and nonliving. It's all matter). I honestly have no idea how that would interact with Voidsteel.))

Fostire
2008-11-24, 11:31 AM
A man is walking on the deck, looking around, inspecting the ship. He is tall and slim, with long, light-brown hair tied in a ponytail. He is wearing a white shirt and black pants.
Someone might notice that they didn't see this man come on board with everyone else. Maybe he was already on the ship, or maybe they just missed him, who knows?

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 11:40 AM
Wednesday continues to rest where she is, hat tilted down over her eyes.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 11:48 AM
DC comes out of the cabin and finds somewhere unoccupied to sit.

Let's see what the night has in store for us...

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 12:07 PM
The redhead wakes up and opens her eyes, but otherwise doesn't move. Her position is as such that she can observe everyone who is on the deck.

2008-11-24, 12:29 PM
A tiny shard of gun casing extends from Fullbladder's tiny arm.

"I will minorly inconvenience you," he says to DC, "if you use me like some glorified machinegun turret again."

He then climbs up onto the first table-like surface he finds, and converts back into a disruptor, pointed at the in the general direction of people.

Duos
2008-11-24, 12:30 PM
((On the other hand, you never mentioned what Voidsteel was until I hit it, and even then you didn't state any of its weaknesses, so... :smalltongue:
For future reference, the spear is basically Brilliant Energy, except with the capability to actually hit all materials (which only makes sense, really. How does Brilliant Energy manage to only hit living matter? Just seems weird that it could distinguish between living and nonliving. It's all matter). I honestly have no idea how that would interact with Voidsteel.))

((Ah. My bad there, then, I'm sorry. I should have clued you in earlier. And there's almost nothing that can damage Voidsteel. It's forged from Netherium, a metal formed when an asteroid with certain properties passes through a black hole; this lends it ludicrous hardness, and the tempering into Voidsteel only adds to that. Netherium is dangerous-anything that comes into contact with it (save for a few substances) has the nuclear strong and weak forces in it nulled, pulverizing it into a volatile subatomic dust. As an intersesting bit of trivia, nuclear radiation interacts with Netherium (and Voidsteel, to a lesser extent) to create a massive blast that erases anything in the blast radius from existance. (Hooray for exposition!) Now, If you find Martin's current suit of powered armor to be too much cheese, he can always swap for his set of Ghost armor. Less protection, but it has other... benefits. That sound reasonable?))

Martin doesn not descend into the cabins to sleep. Instead, he has unpacked the case from earlier into a personal bio-dome, which emits odd glowing and flashes every now and then.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 12:31 PM
You'd rather me use the one that risks blasting the ship apart?

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 12:50 PM
((Clearly the person running the plot thinks it is too much cheese. I'm inclined to agree.))

Wednesday looks over at the redhead.
"Looking for anything, kid?"

Lex-Kat
2008-11-24, 01:39 PM
The Onion changes into an onion, and rolls into the room Decker is in. He will go to one corner and wait.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 02:06 PM
DC just sits there, likely half-asleep, waiting for something to happen.

Fostire
2008-11-24, 02:28 PM
The man sits next to DC.
DC dies. Well, he doesn't really die but rather realizes that he's been dead for a while, in fact he doesn't remember ever being alive. Anything that would prove that he's alive seems like nonsense to him. And everyone else on the ship are just ghost that have yet to realize what's going on.

((This is a psychic effect, and simply realizing its not real is enough to break it. Being a psychic effect, someone like DC should quickly and easily realize what's going on. Also this all happens in DC's mind so, unless DC interacts with someone, nobody else should notice anything odd.))

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 02:52 PM
"I am looking for something interesting to happen. Just a little bored over here. I was actually kinda hoping that you would get into another fight with that guy in the Voidsteel (Martin, was his name?); but, I didn't think that you would oblige," she says to Wednesday.

((For clarification, I know the names; but my character is unsure))

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 02:55 PM
What the... What's going on?

DC realizes what's going on (he knows a psychic effect when he sees it, for obvious reasons), though he doesn't realize it was the guy who sat next to him that did it.

He looks extremely confused.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 02:56 PM
Wednesday chuckles a little, the sound not humorous or happy at all.
"Why would you want that?"

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 03:02 PM
The redhead seems a bit perplexed. Didn't she already explain this? "Because. I'm bored. You and he fighting again, or the psychic and guy in the bright blue fighting again, or possibly something blowing up...now that would be interesting and most definitely relieve my boredom.

Hmm...I wonder if there are any chemicals on board...I do have yet to go explore the hold..."

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 03:05 PM
"If you find fighting interesting, maybe you should fight someone yourself. I'm always open to sparring..."
Wednesday smirks and gets to her feet, beginning to walk around the ship.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 03:22 PM
DC moves to the opposite side of the ship.

Something's not right, here...

Of course, DC's likely a bit paranoid from the whole "robot revolution" thing.

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 03:52 PM
"Sparring wouldn't be a bad idea, except that I've been traveling so I'm a little rusty with my hand-to-hand."

The redhead continues to lie down, observing.

Duos
2008-11-24, 04:21 PM
((Then it's settled. Kind of.:smalltongue:))

The door to the Bio-dome on the deck irises open, and Martin steps out onto the deck for some fresh air. He's changed armor; where before we wore an impentrable wall of Voidsteel and hydraulics, he now wears a subtler uniform, consisting of black long pants and a black long sleeved shirt, with black combat boots. He also wears a form-fitting breastplate and knee, elbow, and shoulder pads, and his new helmet's visor is raised, exposing his face, although his mouth and nose are still covered by a ribbed faceplate. He carries a mug of some steaming liquid. He gazes out over the ocean and the stars rippling across its relective surface. He warms his hands with the mug and sighs.
"Ahh. I love the sea."
Oscar pops up out of the dome and slithers over to Wednesday, after making sure Martin isn't paying attention.
"That bit you said earlier about cowardice was awesome. Martin's been fuming ever since, even though he technically won. I'd high five you, but I don't have hands and I might cut your arm off if I tried."
Oscar chuckles, a decidedly unnerving sound. It's not clear whether he's laughing about Martin's comeuppance or the thought of cutting off someone's arm.

Fostire
2008-11-24, 04:32 PM
What the... What's going on?

DC realizes what's going on (he knows a psychic effect when he sees it, for obvious reasons), though he doesn't realize it was the guy who sat next to him that did it.

He looks extremely confused.

I never said it was the man who did it :smallamused:

The man sits there watching the night sky.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-24, 04:33 PM
Magtok changes into a more appropriate avatar, seeing as they'll be sailing or something, and finds a comfortable place to stand and look important.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 04:39 PM
"Who wins or loses a fight doesn't matter, even if you were to say I lost. I simply ended the fight because I found him pathetic and unworthy of my time. There was no honor to be gained there. It was not combat, there was no glory- no testing of skill against skill and bravery against bravery. He met my skill with outlandish weaponry, and my bravery with cowardice. That is not the way of a warrior."
Wednesday says to Oscar, not caring if Martin heard or not. She stands near the edge of the boat, contemplating one of her hands.

Duos
2008-11-24, 04:53 PM
Oscar contemplates the woman, then looks at Martin, who is still staring off into the distance.
"Where we come from, 'honor' is used only to incite troops to greater efficiency. It is nearly non-existant in his culture the way you define it here; MY race doesn't even know what it is. Martin is a man of logic, as you might have seen. All he does is governed by reason. He follows the path of least effort, mostly so he can put it into his lab work. If he can gain an advantage, he will; a fair fight is for fools. And it is, truth be told. Why anyone would forgo leverage is beyond me."
Oscar absentmindely sharpens his claws, creating a tooth-grating screeching and sparks.
"Personally, I just tag along because I owe him one. And I'm bored. His presence usually coincides with excitement or bloodshed. He's not so bad, once you get to know him and you get on his good side."

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 04:59 PM
Wednesday looks back at Oscar, her remaining eye cold.
"In the end, leverage doesn't matter. You will die one way or another. However, what happens after you die... that matters. Those who follow the path he takes will walk their way to Hel, with those who died ignobly. For those who follow the path of a warrior- who spend their lives freely like gold- they will be taken to Valhalla and honored forever.
"In the end, which path would you choose? To die of sickness and old age, after cowering your entire life? Or to die in battle, having given your all towards one achievement?
"Honor is real, and it means something. There is more to be found in fighting a brave child armed only with a stick than someone who fights like a coward."

2008-11-24, 04:59 PM
"Well," the gun speaks again, a little late but still ignoring everyone. "You need to careful, DC. I'm just a vastly overpowered sidearm. I am, in fact, not a machinegun. To fire in rapid succesion tasks the weapon and the little dude lving in the weapon. So you see that you can't be going all gatling gun on the first thing that moves."

Fullbladder doesn't know much about what he's talking about. He doesn't care.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 05:02 PM
So basically you're saying that the gun may explode if I do that too much?

Duos
2008-11-24, 05:12 PM
Oscar burst into a hissing, disturbing laugh.
"That may the case for you, but like I just said, lady, we come from a realm far removed from yours. Ours has no magic, no gods, no heroes. You make what you can of your life, and that's it. Martin once told me something important. There's a reason he's so cold, a reason he almost always wears his power armor. He's looking for something he lost, he said. I ain't gonna say what, though; If he found out I told you, he'd vivisect me. Until then, he takes no risks. Nighty-night, lady."
Oscar slithers back into the Bio-dome, shortly followed by Martin, who finishes his mug of hot something and retires.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 05:17 PM
Wednesday remains at the edge of the ship, thinking about what Oscar said. Curious... but she supposed there might be truth to his words. Still, it grated at her that someone fight in such a way. But why would he? What could he be seeking? One of her hands slips in her coat pocket and pulls out small stone chips with runes carved on them as she thinks. It would be easy enough for her to at least try and find out the answer. She doubted he had any way to protect himself against her divination.

But did she want to find it that way?

Quietly, Wednesday returns the stone chips to her pocket and returns her attention to the sea, more thoughtful than she had been before, but still cold and distant from the world.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-24, 05:29 PM
Magtok raises his eyebrow.

Hmm...something he lost. I'm going to go with either a fancy MacGuffin or someone he cared deeply about. Most likely the latter, it'd explain why he'd wanna keep it secret.

Maggy wonders why exactly he's talking to himself again, and opts to pretend it didn't happen, and try to remove the hook end from a clothes hanger so he can use it as part of his nautical outfit.

D_Lord
2008-11-24, 05:36 PM
Oscar burst into a hissing, disturbing laugh.
"That may the case for you, but like I just said, lady, we come from a realm far removed from yours. Ours has no magic, no gods, no heroes. You make what you can of your life, and that's it. Martin once told me something important. There's a reason he's so cold, a reason he almost always wears his power armor. He's looking for something he lost, he said. I ain't gonna say what, though; If he found out I told you, he'd vivisect me. Until then, he takes no risks. Nighty-night, lady."
Oscar slithers back into the Bio-dome, shortly followed by Martin, who finishes his mug of hot something and retires.

Not enturly true. Magic has ways of getting everywere, even if it is anti-magic, the magic of nothing or just there is so tiny amounts that you would need a whole solar system of it to cast a cantrip. But that could can if a source of magic come into that realm. Magic is more then just changing the laws of physics. It's in the word people use to name what is. Faith, love, friendship, hatred, fear, all have alittle magic to them. From what I seen, even places without an special effects have a touch to it, even if it just to make it not exist. Yes Magic is odd like that. And if you don't mind I'm going to sleep standing up.

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 06:00 PM
The as of yet unnamed redhead finally gets tired of laying there, and her legs and arms are starting to fall asleep. She gets up and stretches what must be every major muscle in the body, then goes down into the hold to explore.

After a minute, she comes back to the deck, grabs her pack, dons it, and then goes back down to the hold.

She finds the three cabins. To know the layout (and also just out of plain curiousity), the woman takes a peek in all of them despite whoever might have been in the cabins or what they were doing. Going down another level, she finds a room full of wooden crates and barrels. She tries a nearby barrel lid to find that it is not nailed shut, appearing to be the only one that isn't. After dipping a finger into the liquid and tasting it, she decides that the barrel is full of some watered-down, alcoholic drink. This is where her luck runs out; the several crates she tries refuse to open, nailed shut. Her educated guess on their contents is food and weaponry.

Boo
2008-11-24, 06:14 PM
Those of you outside may notice the night sky becoming darker; blacker even. The stars become whiter while the water splashes against the ship, rocking it harshly. If you were to look overboard, you'd notice the ocean seems to have turned colour with the sky. The waves and the ship, strangely, are now outlined in white. It's as if they were part of an ink -- or watercolour -- portrait. It all still smells as it always did, however. "Boggy Wog... You have no say here." The man begins derobing in his perch. At first you have to wonder "What the hell?" But soon you see him stop; wearing a white buttondown shirt, and an open black vest. His sleeves are rolled up just below his elbows. He has a full head of inky black hair that's combed back to stay out of his eyes -- which are a deep blue with the slightest hint of grey. If one were to see the rest of him, they'll find that he's wearing pants as black as his vest, and is without shoes. Of course, he wouldn't leave his former outfit there. He throws it overboard, along with the mask.

Once he's done that he takes a small box from his satchel, opens it, and grabs a cigarette from inside. It's black just like anything else in this world. He takes out a lighter from his pocket, lights it, and proceeds to place it in his mouth and take a few puffs. "Haro to be outta them terro clottas." One might notice that the cigarette burns white.

This realm that you have all entered is dimension locked from all outside sources. Nothing can enter unless brought here by the Haro Ponist(the ship you're on). Don't worry, all your gadgetry, abilities and magic still work unless they require an outside source (ie. gods, internet, radio towers, etc.). That also means that your communication devices may have no signal. You'll have to wait until you leave this place before you can call your mommy. :smalltongue: If you really need to, you can use magic that requires a god, but otherwise you shouldn't be able to.

As a side note; Rabbit may recognize the man as he was the one who insulted Amours artwork. Also, Magtok seems to fit in very well with his pirate garb.

Oh, and one last thing to remember: There are three masts. For simplicities sake we'll just call them front, center and rear masts. They should be called Fore-mast, main-mast and jigger-mast, but who cares.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 06:27 PM
...I hate it when I'm right.

True, this. Bad things happen when DC is right.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-24, 06:36 PM
Magtok clunks along from behind the girl, with his wooden leg still not completely under control, he has to hold a hand against a wall to keep himself from falling over.

Arrgh, methinks the funny-talkin' crew wouldn't be too pleased to see ye riflin' through the stuff, lass.

The pirate accent seems a little forced, the result of watching silly movies and experiences with Talk Like a Pirate Day, rather than hanging around actual privateers and scourges of the sea.

Yarr, and on an unrelated note, I shant be surprised if a mister Rod Sterling comes aboard and tells us we all be in the Twilight Zone.

happyturtle
2008-11-24, 06:39 PM
((Can I assume that Decker can still open portals within this dimension? Because if she can't, she's pretty useless...))

Since Decker seems to be one of the few people choosing to sleep through the night, she continues to sleep. Of course DC could always wake her up psionically if he chose to.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 06:44 PM
Wednesday narrows her eyes a little as she looks around. Her few divine powers don't require a god so much as they require faith in one, so she happens to be okay. Luckily.

D_Lord
2008-11-24, 06:46 PM
Edward wakes up with a start. And even though you can't see his face, he looks petty mad. He stomps over to man that just throw those cloths over. He grabs at his throat.
I want a lifeboat, now. I'm heading back to pick up something. Unless you want you head going through Magtok's wooden leg. I want some way back.

Hyozo
2008-11-24, 08:38 PM
Hyozo notices the change of colors and quickly rubs his eyes to make sure he's not hallucinating. After eventually managing to convince himself that it is, in fact, quite real, he quietly mutters "Well this would be something you don't see often."

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 09:07 PM
She grins wide enough to show bright white teeth.

"I am not 'rooting around' persay, just...looking. And none of the crew appears to be around. Also, it is a good idea to be aware of one's surrounding; if your only surrounding is a ship, then know it inside and out. I plan to check out that door on the deck next. I didn't see a doorknob, though, so I am curious as to how that one will open..."

She continues to try to open crates and barrels. None except the first oblige her.

I must have had a deprived childhood; I never saw the Twilight Zone except for once. I love the attire, by the way. Very appropriate."

Rebonack
2008-11-24, 09:23 PM
Rebonack had been reclining against the jigger mast now for some time. Comfy spot. And the poop deck generally has a nice view of the rest of the ship. Good place to observe from. And journal the days recent events.

For now? For now he's done. And being done he closes the tome with a dusty thumps and stuffs it into his mantel once more.

The arcane knight grins a jagged grin behind his visor as Edward does his very best to manhandle the unmasked organizer of this particular outing. "What's wrong? Can't stand on your own out here without your precious toys?"

Armos is now considering Edward as a viable kicking target. Generally speaking the only time people get that fruity is when they're afraid they're going to be helpless. And helpless people are great for punting.

Boo
2008-11-24, 09:27 PM
The man is easily grappled, even if he's in the crows nest (which is at the top of the main mast). "A.... way out? *urk* There is none. You should have come pre-*cough*-prepared. So vrutty..." Edward may notice that the bunny is gone from its spot, but then again he seems pretty intent on staring at the captain.

NC's character will find only food and drinks in each crate. Maybe a few will have cannonballs in them, but otherwise they'll be stocked with food.

@HT: I did say that if you NEED to you can. I mostly set up the dimension lock because this is *urgle gurgle*.

@Rebby: He took off that stuff. I left a description for his new look in my last post. It's the second half of the first paragraph.

D_Lord
2008-11-24, 09:35 PM
Fine. Edward lets go.
Looks like I'll have to do that the hard way.
Turning to Rebonack.
Fine you can call undieing loyalty, a bit odd. But normally one wants to not have their conversion cut off in the middle.
Edward starts pulling some odd stuff out of a bag, some which are far to large to fit in it. And muttering under his breath.
It's going to take hours to set this up.

Lord Magtok
2008-11-24, 09:36 PM
Yarr, that be a shame. Carry on with your looki', if ye must. But if'n the crew see ye here, I never saw nothin', y'understand?

Magtok then clumsily tries to wander away, nearly tripping a few times as he walks, before giving up, and dropping to the ground in exasperation.

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 09:50 PM
The woman seems surprised, almost shocked. "Finally! Someone who understands that without my having to impose it upon them."

She watches as he stumbles and falls. And then raises an eyebrow.

"Do you need help? Or just a new leg?"

2008-11-24, 10:25 PM
"Many a time... Many a time have I seen a night so black that the cruel stars themselves fear to shine. But not even in the eternal void have I witnessed a.... faceless feeling as forboding as this."

Fullbladder retakes his tiny humanoid form to gaze darkly out to sea, his eyeless face clouded. His voice, electronic though it is, has picked up a requisite vague nautical accent, giving his little dialogue up there the edge of a weary old man in a bar.

Boo
2008-11-24, 10:31 PM
As Fullbladder looks out to sea he may notice something in the distance. Another ship, perhaps?

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 10:32 PM
DC follows his gun and looks out to sea as well.

Hey... Do you see...?

2008-11-24, 10:51 PM
"Say, Darkcomet, you wouldn't mind getting me a scope, would ya? Don't matter what kind. I want to see this."

Fullbladder never takes his not-eyes off the thing in the distance.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 10:54 PM
DC pulls out his headset-like mini-TV thing that I haven't mentioned in a while.

In addition to being linkable to spy cam networks, it has a binocular setting as well.

He sets it to binocular mode and puts it in front of Fullbladder's not-eyes.

2008-11-24, 10:56 PM
"Thank you, DC."

Fullbladder grasps it in his vaguely-hands and, being a bit to small, looks through one side at the thing in the distance.

Boo
2008-11-24, 11:06 PM
Fullbladder will see that it is, in fact, a ship much like the one he is on. It, however, is somewhat larger, and has 4 masts. It's heading straight for the Haro Ponist, closing in fast.

As the distance between it and this ship narrows Fullbladder may be able to make out a flag. It's not a Jolly Roger, but rather a... Merry (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drunk) Roger.

2008-11-24, 11:11 PM
Seeing the flag, Fullbladder puts the binoculars down. Then he looks through at the flag again. He sighs.

"WE GOT A SHIP! Comin' in fast!" he shouts behind him at the people in general, probably a bit too loudly.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 11:13 PM
Do you think it's going to try to board us?

D_Lord
2008-11-24, 11:13 PM
I don't care, so don't bother me, making something to get even one word out of this place is hard enough. I don't need even more problems.

AmberVael
2008-11-24, 11:18 PM
Wednesday looks off at the oncoming ship, trying to make out whether it appears like a warship, how its crew are acting, etc.
It should be noted that her remaining eye has unnaturally keen vision.

2008-11-24, 11:19 PM
"I have no idea," Fullbladder mutters, handing the binoculars back to DC.

Darkcomet
2008-11-24, 11:25 PM
DC uses them and watches the incoming ship, of course.