PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Ninja Chocobo
2008-12-14, 12:55 AM
Felix Sapiens

That is so very wrong.
For one, they're a subspecies of human, not cat. Two, Felix means happy and/or lucky. Fortunate would probably be the best word. Three, modern humans are Homo Sapiens Sapiens.
Taking all this into account, we're left with Homo Sapiens Felis, or possibly Homo Sapiens Sapiens Felis.
EDIT: Maybe replacing the Felis with Catus.
EDIT2: Homo Sapiens Sapiens Catus is probably the best.

BRC
2008-12-14, 01:13 AM
Nice.

Oliver is probably gonna wear that outfit when he diplomacizifies (Totally a word) with the Schizo. Then he's gonna lead an elite five man band strike force of the military.

Heh, thanks. I messed around with fancier stuff, but it all looked odd. Besides, the Schitzians would have wanted to present him as a dashing action hero, so they went with somthing simple. Besides, had they given him a uniform, it would have come with some expected social behavior that Oliver could have messed up. Since the entire awards ceremony was one giant public relations stunt to distract people from the fact that some foreign beguilers had hijacked an army of robots and a city.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-14, 01:28 AM
I might actually want to make comics of the Skornbail incident. I can imagine it now...

BRC
2008-12-14, 01:30 AM
I might actually want to make comics of the Skornbail incident. I can imagine it now...
Look into your heart, you know you want to do it. I may help out.

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:33 AM
I think I have the perfect adventure.:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 09:53 AM
I hope nobody minds, but I've made a Notable Places Outside Avbaroy (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Notable+places+outside+Avbaroy) page on the wiki.

Also, Distantous (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Distantous). My custom planet.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 10:17 AM
I think I have the perfect adventure.:smallamused:

Cool, I'll just have to finish my back story comic page later today.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 10:23 AM
Here is my version of the map of Avbaroy, approved by the United Nations of Avbaroy:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/avbaroymap1.gif

I've modified the scale, and now Pericle Island is about the size of England. I've also added a few countries up in the North and named the continents.

What do you think ?

Szilard
2008-12-14, 10:27 AM
Awesome. Is this the whole world, or is there more? Not that we need more, but yeah...

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 10:34 AM
It's not the whole world at all. It's just the part that was explored by hominids (Flying Landfish have their own version of the map). The whole world is about 300,000,000 square miles, and this map is about 18,564,000 square miles.

The rest of the world is mainly ocean with little islands, inhabited only by homophobic Flying Landfish.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 10:39 AM
Huh, back when SDSB started, I had this idea that Szilard came from this other continent and sailed to here to get away from Sorcerer Dude. If you say the western continent is Eustaria, then I guess Szilard is from there, or maybe a random island.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 10:51 AM
Given that the most unnamed islands are inhabited and under Sovice jurisdiction, it would be better if he came from Eustaria. The only hominid country on Eustaria, however, is Lockutas; the rest is Softwater Union Territory (Great and Little Trout nations). Do you mind coming from Lockutas ? If not, we can always create another nations; something small, like a city-state maybe ?

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 11:28 AM
I finished a couple of discriptions of ships that are used by my millitary if ya were interested

They are

SBS Dalgeon- The flag ship of the Sharnin air navy. Usually never used due to its immense size but it is equipped with very powerful wepons that can decimate its enemies.

SBS Anari- The Silence class of airship is equipped with long range missiles, a pair of powerful energy cannons along with it's powerful engine that could escape for any situation. This one is used by the Stealth Marines leader.

SBS Shaeta- The Garjzla class of airship is equipped with two laser turrets and one of the most powerful shield engines ever created. These are primarily used by the Sharnin Armed Forces.

remember mask. Don't have the sovices just take over vaggest. Thats where my country is living.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 11:48 AM
Given that the most unnamed islands are inhabited and under Sovice jurisdiction, it would be better if he came from Eustaria. The only hominid country on Eustaria, however, is Lockutas; the rest is Softwater Union Territory (Great and Little Trout nations). Do you mind coming from Lockutas ? If not, we can always create another nations; something small, like a city-state maybe ?

I don't really mind, I just never expected Szilard to come from a colder climate like Lockutas.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 11:50 AM
Speaking of Sovices, I've entered their homeworld in the wiki.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 11:50 AM
That does not compute ! How could Sharnin be so powerful and yet remain hidden ! And how can they have developed LASERs ! How can these monstrosities fly ! This looks like a nation of Gary Stues !

Anyway, the United Nations of Avbaroy will destroy their pitiful military easily.

Also: Do you want me to add my map to the Avbaroy page ?

Szilard
2008-12-14, 11:53 AM
Yes, it looks cool.

BRC
2008-12-14, 12:13 PM
Yes, it looks cool.
Being called a Stu is not a compliment.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 12:16 PM
:smallconfused:
What does that have to do with a cool map?

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 12:16 PM
Being called a Stu is not a compliment.

I think he responded to my question about adding the map to the wiki.

EDIT: Blasted shinobi.

BRC
2008-12-14, 12:27 PM
Ah, I see. Anyway, made some wiki changes.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 12:56 PM
I've been editing the wiki too. It takes a lot of willpower for me not to go in a 'correct' things like "organisation."

Stupid British/American differences. Giving me headaches.

Also, cool map, Mad Mask.

Also also, Sharnin makes almost no sense.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:06 PM
Also, Sharnin makes almost no sense.

Don't worry, I'm going to send a few Sovice units to "correct" things.

I've been editing the wiki too. It takes a lot of willpower for me not to go in a 'correct' things like "organisation."

Stupid British/American differences. Giving me headaches.

Sorry if I make spelling errors, English is not my first language. I'm a French Canadian.

Also, cool map, Mad Mask.

Thanks.

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:13 PM
Don't worry, I'm going to send a few Sovice units to "correct" things.

Sorry if I make spelling errors, English is not my first language. I'm a French Canadian.

Thanks.

Oh no you are NOT. Listen here you cant just send a few sovices over there and say mine now you arent important enough. I refuse to let anyone mess with the one tie to any importance and just say that it didn't make sense and needs to go. IT AIN'T HAPPENING.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 01:18 PM
Oh no you are NOT. Listen here you cant just send a few sovices over there and say mine now you arent important enough. I refuse to let anyone mess with the one tie to any importance and just say that it didn't make sense and needs to go. IT AIN'T HAPPENING.

Fight the power!

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:20 PM
Fight the power!

WOOT! :smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 01:21 PM
Megadoomer, I never understand anything you ever say.

Good luck anyways.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 01:22 PM

I haven't seen any real errors, but you're using the British spellings, which look wrong to my American eyes. It's taking a lot of willpower not to go in and change them to the American spelling. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:29 PM

We are the Sovice; resistance is futile. Your people will be butchered, slaughtered, mutilated and then turned into Sovice. I will take great pleasure by doing that.

I haven't seen any real errors, but you're using the British spellings, which look wrong to my American eyes. It's taking a lot of willpower not to go in and change them to the American spelling.

I thought you were supposed to be a British Wannabe ? I've lost my faith in you, old chap. :smalltongue:

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:33 PM
We are the Sovice; resistance is futile. Your people will be butchered, slaughtered, mutilated and then turned into Sovice. I will take great pleasure by doing that.

Not going to happen. EVER. You can destroy the rest of the avabaroy if you want but you will NEVER touch my creation. :smallfurious:

This is why i joined sdsb cause your dumb sovices aren't there. :smallannoyed:

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:41 PM
Not going to happen. EVER. You can destroy the rest of the avabaroy if you want but you will NEVER touch my creation. :smallfurious:

This is why i joined sdsb cause your dumb sovices aren't there. :smallannoyed:

How will Sharnin defend itself when the United Nations of Avbaroy are going to arrive with hundreds of thousands of Sovice units and troops from the entire world ? Tell me, my friend, do you have any idea as to the power of such an organisation ? Sharnin is an impossible nation and it will be erased from existence. Like Arcania, but with more success.

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:43 PM
How will Sharnin defend itself when the United Nations of Avbaroy are going to arrive with hundreds of thousands of Sovice units and troops from the entire world ? Tell me, my friend, do you have any idea as to the power of such an organisation ? Sharnin is an impossible nation and it will be erased from existence. Like Arcania, but with more success.

Okay you know what! I'm done. I'm finished with FFF. Everything I ever try to do is essentially ignored, erased or made non cannon or just destroyed.

memnarch
2008-12-14, 01:44 PM
Lift it off the world, then erase the world. Easy.

Also, why is the new map missing places?

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:49 PM
Okay you know what! I'm done. I'm finished with FFF. Everything I ever try to do is essentially ignored, erased or made non cannon or just destroyed.

I'm sorry lad, but villains are villains.

To brighten the mood: here are the planets of the Viktor System (named after myself):

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/viktorsystem1.gif

The planets are scaled correctly, but the distances between them aren't.

Also, why is the new map missing places?

Tell me what's missing, I'll fix it.

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 01:53 PM
Okay its done. look at my comic to see what happened.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 01:56 PM

Then perhaps getting it to tie in better with the grand schema would be a good idea?

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:57 PM
Um... The glow is at the wrong place; Sharnin is the little island with no name. And Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back is on the same planet as Fat Fish Fury...

memnarch
2008-12-14, 01:57 PM
Pixel Islands, Plot Goblin Peninsula, Skygge Fe area, Sharnin, City of Wind, Dimin, Mesa Canyon, and Blauport City.

Also, shouldn't the ruins have something showing that they are really messed up? Previous maps had the land and surrounding water darkened.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 01:59 PM
And Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back is on the same planet as Fat Fish Fury...

Yeah, that.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 01:59 PM
Pixel Islands, Plot Goblin Peninsula, Skygge Fe area, Sharnin, City of Wind, Dimin, Mesa Canyon, and Blauport City.

Also, shouldn't the ruins have something showing that they are really messed up? Previous maps had the land and surrounding water darkened.

Sharnin was just erased from existence; Blauport City is on the map of Pericle. I'll fix the rest.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 02:00 PM
FFF
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/megadoomer45/a.png

Well that kinda sucks. I wanted it to fit in better, not destroy/remove/etc. it completely.

Sorry if I ever came off as hostile, but I've already spent over a year establishing that there's an extremely select few Arcanians that survived the Fall. :smallredface:

Good luck in SDSB. :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 02:05 PM
I find it somewhat ironic that Sharnin went off the map today. :smalltongue:
*points to art thread*

@v Aww, I had hoped It would make sence. I hate it when I have to explain these things, ruins the whole moment.

Plot goblies sent ze Dimin out of the plot. *poof* magic

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:07 PM
Doomer, that makes even less sense! WHY DO YOU HATE SENSE?

Also, Tiffanie, what did you just do?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 02:08 PM
Did two people just leave consecutively? :smalleek:

Szilard
2008-12-14, 02:12 PM
Nah, a character and a nation left consecutively.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-14, 02:13 PM
Now that I think about it, Feldgrau is in SW:smalltongue:

Seriously, two super retcons in a 12 minute period. I feel like I'm watching Heroes...

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 02:14 PM
Did two people just leave consecutively? :smalleek:

Leave Abr? Have you gone completely mad? :smalltongue:

I'm merely wiping the slate clean, hated where I was going and my whole little niche in the corner of the plot. I wanted to erase everything I've done so far in order to get a new start.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:16 PM
Plot goblies sent ze Dimin out of the plot. *poof* magic

I actually got that, I was more concerned about the implications. Glad to see you're staying. Hope you can find a character you like.

Seriously, two super retcons in a 12 minute period. I feel like I'm watching Heroes...

Tiffanie's works, though. It's a bit... unorthodox, but it's interesting.

It's a shame, though. Dimin was kinda cool.

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 02:16 PM
Ô Dimin, why did you have to leave ? I do not understand... :smallfrown:

Seriously, why leaving ?

The shinobi got me again. May the Plot be with you, Miss Tiffanie.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 02:19 PM
I actually got that, I was more concerned about the implications. Glad to see you're staying. Hope you can find a character you like.

Aww, you were worried that I was leaving for real.

I'm touched. :smallredface:

Ô Dimin, why did you have to leave ? I do not understand... :smallfrown:

Seriously, why leaving ?

Because I said so, wanna fight about it?
Pssh, editing ninja.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:22 PM
Aww, you were worried that I was leaving for real.

I'm touched. :smallredface:

Without you, this place would be a total sausage fest. Which is ironic, since you're German, and have probably been to actual sausage fests. :smalltongue:

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 02:24 PM
Well that kinda sucks. I wanted it to fit in better, not destroy/remove/etc. it completely.

Sorry if I ever came off as hostile, but I've already spent over a year establishing that there's an extremely select few Arcanians that survived the Fall. :smallredface:

Good luck in SDSB. :smallsmile:

Well it was meant to be temporary. I plan to reenstate it once I can make sense out of it. If you could pm me with what I need to do with it i'd be able to speed my process of reinstation.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 02:28 PM
Without you, this place would be a total sausage fest. Which is ironic, since you're German, and have probably been to actual sausage fests. :smalltongue:

What about Threeshades?

Oh, also German. :smalltongue:

Why are all our females or potential females German? :smallconfused:

Szilard
2008-12-14, 02:30 PM
Wasn't Ichneumon German too?
Dang.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:30 PM
Don't forget Nameless!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 02:35 PM
What about Threeshades?

Wasn't she already confirmed a dude? :smallconfused:

Nameless
2008-12-14, 02:37 PM
Don't forget Nameless!

wut? :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2008-12-14, 02:39 PM
Partially, the only real evidence we had was that we saw some chin-hair.

I think Ichy's a guy too... Maybe not...

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 02:42 PM
If ANYONE has any ideas for reenstating sharn. It'd be cool if you could state them plox. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:44 PM
wut? :smallconfused:

You have boobies.

Keris
2008-12-14, 02:45 PM
Wasn't she already confirmed a dude? :smallconfused:

Oxymoron!

And Q, I am working on the Plot 3 comic, I have it scripted, but your character refuses to fit into OotS style.

EDIT: @V Dude, that's just weird. Why would you have something like that?

Nameless
2008-12-14, 02:47 PM
You have boobies.

I have a picture where you can clearly see my lack of boobies.

Lavidor
2008-12-14, 02:49 PM
Photoshopper :smallannoyed::smallwink:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 02:51 PM
http://www.shoutmouth.com/index.php/images/der/L3Zhci93d3cvc2l0ZXMvbWVkaWEuc2hvdXRtb3V0aC5jb20vaH RtbC9kZXJpdnMvMDg4ZGM3NTQ2MTNlNTFiNWJlMGE0ZDM5ZDFh ZTQwMWQtZWJkYjc0N2ZmNDNiOWRkMTYyZjE1NzI0MzJiMTA1Mz YuanBn.jpg
Pictured above: Nameless

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 02:51 PM
If ANYONE has any ideas for reenstating sharn. It'd be cool if you could state them plox. :smalltongue:

Well the biggest problem is the Arcanian heritage notion.

We already have (had?) Dimin as a magical society without Arcanian intervention, perhaps you could just have them be a regular ol' magic nation? (In fact, secrecy at their core Dimin & Sharnin seem to have a lot in common...)

After that, don't take it too seriously when Mask intuits he's going to use the Sovices to conquer you. For one, I'm fairly certain he's joking. For two, they're my creation, not his. I get final word on them. So far he hasn't done anything too far out of line for them, but he's getting a liiiitle cocky on the wiki :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 02:53 PM
Pictured above: Nameless

I think I love you.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 02:54 PM
If only there wasn't an ocean between us.

Bayar
2008-12-14, 02:54 PM
Ichneumon is definatly female.

I think I love you.

Get a ticket...

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 02:55 PM
New map is up.

Anyway, here's my take on Sharnin:

"The People's Republic of Sharnin is a magocratic micro-nation founded in 902 by Dominic Sharnin as a safe haven for Percillian renegades. Although deemed too small for official Moon Elven conquest, there were nonetheless several attempts at destroying this micro-nation, most of which were met with limited success.

Because of its tiny size, few have heard of this micro-nation, and it is often dismissed as urban legend. However, Sharnians do enjoy good trading relations with the nearby nation of Vaggest, who provides them critical supplies such as food, water and metals.

As a result of their small population, Sharnin does not have an extremely developed military, with only about a thousand members. It has no navy, except for the fact that seventeen ships are listed as 'capable of offence and defence in desperate situations'."

It makes sense.

After that, don't take it too seriously when Mask intuits he's going to use the Sovices to conquer you. For one, I'm fairly certain he's joking. For two, they're my creation, not his. I get final word on them. So far he hasn't done anything too far out of line for them, but he's getting a liiiitle cocky on the wiki :smalltongue:

Yes, I was joking. I just happen to love these guys.

And remember kids: Elves live in zoos !

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 02:57 PM
Oxymoron!

And Q, I am working on the Plot 3 comic, I have it scripted, but your character refuses to fit into OotS style.

Do you need him to fit in OOTS style? You couldn't do him in Non-OOTS style for once?

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 02:57 PM
It's pretty much like dimin but we are meaner. But I'm pretty sure sharnin has it's own water. We have divine spell casters and people that know how to make wells too ya know. :smallmad:

Nameless
2008-12-14, 02:58 PM
Photoshopper :smallannoyed::smallwink:

I don't have photoshop.

Do you really want me to take a picture withought a shirt on? Because I don't mind doing it if it'll get you to stop saying I have boobies. :smallannoyed:

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 03:00 PM
Mask's works to. :smallannoyed: You better darn well fear those thousand or so. There like spartans from baator.:smallamused: Sharnin's back in buisness. But I'm pretty sure sharnin has it's own water. We have divine spell casters and people that know how to make wells too ya know. :smallmad:

That's what I had in mind. Sharnians compensate for their small military by having an extremely elite force, all dusk-blades.

EDIT: Can I add what I to the wiki ?

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 03:00 PM
I don't have photoshop.

Do you really want me to take a picture withought a shirt on? Because I don't mind doing it if it'll get you to stop saying I have boobies. :smallannoyed:

This I have to see.

Nameless has boobies!
Nameless has boobies!
Nameless has boobies!

Bayar
2008-12-14, 03:01 PM
I don't have photoshop.

Maybe you have man boobs :eek:

DoomITP
That's what I had in mind. Sharnians compensate for their small military by having an extremely elite force, all dusk-blades.

can you send me a link to the duskblade class? I want to look at it for spells and such.

BRC
I don't have photoshop.

Thats exactly what I would say if I was a Photoshopper.:smallbiggrin:

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 03:05 PM
Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20060905a)is what I could find.

I don't really play D&D, but the Dusk-Blade combines both combat prowess and magical talent. They can attack with their weapon, wear armour and cast spells at the same time. They're perfect for an elite force.

Nameless
2008-12-14, 03:06 PM
This I have to see.

Nameless has boobies!
Nameless has boobies!
Nameless has boobies!

No. :smallannoyed:

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 03:10 PM
mmkay. Didn't know about dusks myself. I just wanted a spell caster with a sword. This gives a whole new dimension to my plans. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:smallamused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 03:14 PM
This gives a whole new dimension to my plans. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:smallamused:
Fight the power!

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 03:14 PM
No. :smallannoyed:

Yes. :smallbiggrin:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 03:16 PM
Yes. :smallbiggrin:
This^
Invisible filler text is made out of cyber ninja ink

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 03:17 PM
@Megadoomer: I'll let you use my text if you include a zoo with elves in Sharnin.

Keris
2008-12-14, 03:22 PM
@Megadoomer: I'll let you use my text if you include a zoo with elves in Sharnin.

What is it with you and keeping elves in cages?

DoomITP
Can we add that it can get it's own food and water plox? If so then maybe. Also I'll pm you later about something I want to do.

Nameless
This^
Invisible filler text is made out of cyber ninja ink

Wut? :smallconfused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 03:25 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk221/spyke678/lolwut5B15D.jpg

I was agreeing with Mecha.

Now make with the shirtless pics! :smalltongue:

Nameless
2008-12-14, 03:27 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk221/spyke678/lolwut5B15D.jpg

I was agreeing with Mecha.

I'm not going to post half n00ds of myself on a public forum Tiff.

Bayar
2008-12-14, 03:27 PM
I'm not going to post half n00ds of myself on a public forum Tiff.

Can I ? :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 03:28 PM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/balser07/male_model.jpg

I'm dead sexy.

Nameless
2008-12-14, 03:30 PM
Can I ? :smallbiggrin:

Knock yourself out.

@Mecha: I would tap that. :smallamused: :smalltongue: :smallconfused: :smallannoyed: :smalleek: *jumps from window* I REGRET NOTHING...

Mad Mask
2008-12-14, 03:30 PM
"The People's Republic of Sharnin is a magocratic micro-nation founded in 902 by Dominic Sharnin as a safe haven for Percillian renegades. Although deemed too small for official Moon Elven conquest, there were nonetheless several attempts at destroying this micro-nation, most of which were met with limited success.

Because of its tiny size, few have heard of this micro-nation, and it is often dismissed as urban legend. Because it has few inhabitants, Sharnin has a relatively auto-sufficient economy. With the abundant sea resources and a cadre of divine spell-casters, Sharnin has no need for outside help.

To entertain its population, the micro-nation has a large zoo containing hundreds of animals, such as elves and chimpanzees, who can be fed by the visitors. Sharnin also houses a amphitheatre where magic festivals occur, with plenty of Dancing Lights and Ghost Sounds.

As a result of their small population, Sharnin does not have an extremely developed military, with only about a thousand members. However, each of those soldiers are trained Dusk-Blades, capable of wielding sword and magic. Sharnin has no navy, except for the fact that seventeen ships are listed as 'capable of offence and defence in desperate situations'."

Is this good for your taste ?

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 03:32 PM
Uber good sir Uber. :smallamused:

The Gremlin
2008-12-14, 03:34 PM
Ah, Dimin's gone...
And as one of the few who seems to have really liked it (I say that based on teh Hurt/Heal), I think that the final comic is pretty moving. :smallfrown:

Keris
2008-12-14, 03:37 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/balser07/male_model.jpg

I'm dead sexy.

I would tap that.

By that I mean I would extract his blood and sell it on the Black Market for an extortionate price.

Nameless
2008-12-14, 03:38 PM
Ah, Dimin's gone...
And as one of the few who seems to have really liked it (I say that based on teh Hurt/Heal), I think that the final comic is pretty moving. :smallfrown:

Am I still alive in H/H?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 03:39 PM
I've been reading a lot of TV Tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tropes)recently, and I was thinking. What kind of tropes are associated with the ABR characters?

For no reason at all, I've made a list of tropes that the Qs fit.
Quirky Miniboss Squad
The Scrappy
Badass Biker
Jerkass
Deadpan Snarker
The Baldrick
Spin-Off Babies
Jerk With A Heart Of Gold
Pet The Dog Moment
Cool Old Guy

That's all I can think of so far.

Anybody else wanna discuss their character's tropes?

Nameless
2008-12-14, 03:42 PM
I would tap that.

By that I mean I would extract his blood and sell it on the Black Market for an extortionate price.

Aye, but would you tap me? :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 03:43 PM
I would tap that.

You flatterer.

Bayar
2008-12-14, 03:44 PM
I've been reading a lot of TV Tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tropes)recently, and I was thinking. What kind of tropes are associated with the ABR characters?

For no reason at all, I've made a list of tropes that the Qs fit.
Quirky Miniboss Squad
The Scrappy
Badass Biker
Jerkass
Deadpan Snarker
The Baldrick
Spin-Off Babies

That's all I can think of so far.

Nothing for narcisist ? How about egocentric ?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 03:49 PM
Nothing for narcisist ? How about egocentric ?

Ohh, those are good. I'll add them to the list.

[EDIT] Those aren't TV Tropes.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 03:52 PM
We have a whole page on the wiki about Cool Old Guy.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 03:58 PM
Maybe you have man boobs :eek:

If we indulge him, there's the possibility that someone (Or if he's lying, no-one) will photoshop mammaries onto the picture.

Which wouldn't be viable for this forum :smallwink:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 03:58 PM

That dosen't really count for Q, does it, because he's ageless.

Nameless
2008-12-14, 04:10 PM
If we indulge him, there's the possibility that someone (Or if he's lying, no-one) will photoshop mammaries onto the picture.

Which wouldn't be viable for this forum :smallwink:

Stop talkiing.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 04:16 PM
That dosen't really count for Q, does it, because he's ageless.

So is Nameless and he's listed.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 04:17 PM
So is Nameless and he's listed.

Meh. I guess I might as well add that to the list of Q's tropes.

memnarch
2008-12-14, 04:34 PM
H/H updated and yes nameless, you're still alive.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 04:49 PM
Would you add that ThePhantom guy to the H/H table?

He's been voting for a while now, but he isn't listed as a player atm. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 04:50 PM

He's been voting for a while now, but he isn't listed as a player atm. :smalltongue:

has he really been here long enough to be considered a participant?

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 04:51 PM
He voted me, my hp went down.

I demand revenge!
Which is hard to get when his name isn't on the damned table! :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 04:53 PM
He voted me, my hp went down.

I demand revenge!

Hey, look. Somewhere in your Programs files! There's an art program, and what's this? It has a template of you! And a template of some random dude in a robe! I got an idea! Why not make a pic of your template doing lethal damage to the modified random dude in robe template made to look like ThePhantom? :smallamused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 04:54 PM
I'm more or less talking about H/H points Rand, he's not actually a member of Abr so a random kill would be very unsatisfying. :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 04:54 PM

He's not in ABR though. Why would he be in the games? It's dumb. DUMB I SAY!

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 04:55 PM
I'm more or less talking about H/H points Rand, he's not actually a member of Abr so a random kill would be very unsatisfying. :smalltongue:

Can I kill you?

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 04:57 PM
Assuming we're talking about a drawn kill here, and not an actual one, then yes.

But seeing as I don't have a character atm, I wish you luck.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 05:13 PM
That is so very wrong.
For one, they're a subspecies of human, not cat. Two, Felix means happy and/or lucky. Fortunate would probably be the best word. Three, modern humans are Homo Sapiens Sapiens.
Taking all this into account, we're left with Homo Sapiens Felis, or possibly Homo Sapiens Sapiens Felis.
EDIT: Maybe replacing the Felis with Catus.
EDIT2: Homo Sapiens Sapiens Catus is probably the best.

Any further developments on this?

And Tiffanie? It's called Avatar Battle Royale for a reason.

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 05:13 PM
Hey that was easy! :smallbiggrin:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 05:15 PM
And Tiffanie? It's called Avatar Battle Royale for a reason.
I forgot that little detail. :smallredface:

Hey that was easy!
I've seen better kills in low budget slasher movies! :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 05:16 PM
I've seen better kills in low budget slasher movies! :smalltongue:

Oh you're making me creative.
You won't like me when i'm creative.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 05:18 PM
Do your worst! :smallamused:

I might actually become nervous in your presence.

http://www.pups4sale.com.au/maltese_puppy_04.jpg
Above: How I envision Rand.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 05:21 PM
http://www.pups4sale.com.au/maltese_puppy_04.jpg
Above: How I envision Rand

Me too. :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 05:22 PM
Aww, he's adorable!

For the record, I laughed out loud.

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-14, 05:23 PM
Hi, does anyone here have Halo 1 for the PC? I want to know because I am going to be playing online in a moment and if you guys want to play, come on over.:smallbiggrin:

I am listed as FEH.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 05:25 PM
I lol'ed at Keris' comic, too.

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-14, 05:26 PM
Who is the guy who threw the mutant vegitable at Keris?

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 05:26 PM
Keris's win comic has just won.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 05:27 PM
Keris's win comic has just won.

Indeed.

Well worth the wait.

Keris
2008-12-14, 05:40 PM
Glad you people liked it. I wasn't sure if you would grasp the subtle underlying humour in the comic, but from your reactions you seem to have a decent understanding of British Humour.

:smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-14, 05:44 PM
Verily, I doth declare that Keris has won that encounter and should claim all the treasure and XP it should bring.

:smallbiggrin:

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 05:46 PM
new comic up. Ignore the weirdness of the stroke in certain areas and the lack of mouths.

Szilard
2008-12-14, 05:49 PM
I finally finished that SDSB comic I was making, it is in my latest post of the art thread.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-14, 05:51 PM
Oh come on Rand, is that the best you've got?

I've seen grimmer drawings by kindergartners. :smalltongue:

@v That's sort of my point.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 05:59 PM
I've seen grimmer drawings by kindergartners. :smalltongue:

That's not a really good insult. They draw some pretty wackey crap sometimes. When my son was that age he drew a picture of a skeleton shark eating a man on fire and it really scared the hell out of me. :smalleek:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-14, 06:05 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/ummm.png

The Gremlin
2008-12-14, 06:50 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/ummm.png

I don't get it.

Fawkes
2008-12-14, 06:51 PM
I made a ridiculously silly message board game. Go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99618)if you want to play "What is Mechafox eating?"

memnarch
2008-12-14, 06:55 PM
Cool effects Shades of gray; could you tell me how you made them?

Shades of Gray
2008-12-14, 07:33 PM
How to make my effects, by Shades of Gray. You better take notes, as there will be an exam on Friday.

Well using Inkscape I made a gradient effect. (press Ctrl-F, go to Fill, click on the gradient button, the burst or the fade from left to right), then I made a gradient with three colours, red, orange, and yellow.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/rect24013.png
Then I drew a shape:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path21264.png
I then copied and pasted it a buncha times, rotated them, and ended up with this:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g22383.png
Next, I used the "Union" tool to make it one shape, Ctrl-G would also work.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path21322.png
I then removed the stroke paint. It is at this point I used the gradient in a burst effect.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path23803.png
Then, I altered the nodes to make them a bit elongated, I made one extremely elongated
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path20404.png
Finally, I added a little blur, and a blurred out gradient circle behind it.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g23981.png

For the dark Ice, I drew a shape:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path23985.png
Made a gradient:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/rect23995.png
Finally, I applied the gradient in a burst, removed the stroke, and blurred it a bit.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path24017.png

Edit: Once you have the basics down, you can play with it a little. By using similar techniques, I made this (Very Screen-stretching)
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g27002.png
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g28855.png

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-14, 08:53 PM
I just noticed something. Tiffanie Lirle's new OOTS style comic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99392) was locked! And no reason for why was given!

Does anybody know why? :smallconfused:

DoomITP
2008-12-14, 09:14 PM
How to make my effects, by Shades of Gray. You better take notes, as there will be an exam on Friday.

Well using Inkscape I made a gradient effect. (press Ctrl-F, go to Fill, click on the gradient button, the burst or the fade from left to right), then I made a gradient with three colours, red, orange, and yellow.
Then I drew a shape:
I then copied and pasted it a buncha times, rotated them, and ended up with this:
I then removed the stroke paint. It is at this point I used the gradient in a burst effect.
Then, I altered the nodes to make them a bit elongated, I made one extremely elongated

Made a gradient:
Finally, I applied the gradient in a burst, removed the stroke, and blurred it a bit.

Edit: Once you have the basics down, you can play with it a little. By using similar techniques, I made this (Very Screen-stretching)

I shall claim my revenge with your own effects. :smallannoyed:

Ninja Chocobo
2008-12-14, 09:44 PM
ROW ROW

Fight the power!

Ehm. For Science and Our Vampires Are Different are the only ones that come to mind straight away. I may get back to you on that.
EDIT:
R&N:
For Science
Cargo Ship
Mad Scientist (they prefer "Differently Sane")
Technicolour Science
Cat Girl
NC:
Our Vampires Are Different
Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
NINJA
Katanas Are Just Better
Chainsaw Good
I Am Not Left Handed
Radioactive Teenage Samurai Robot Wombats
Rule of Cool
Pay Evil Unto Evil
Who You Gonna Call
The Undead
And apparently:
Gorn
I'm sure there's more.

Rixy and Nancy weren't meant to be COGs, they were just from then to explain the science.

Looks almost fractal. Very nice.

Nameless
2008-12-15, 04:24 AM

Then I drew a shape:

Made a gradient:

That is awesome. Nice work. :smallsmile:

@Omega: Mini series? :D

Keris
2008-12-15, 04:31 AM
Looks almost fractal. Very nice.

Fractal based attacks you say.... I must look into this.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 05:15 AM
Perhaps a Penrose tiles-based attack?

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 07:03 AM
I just noticed something. Tiffanie Lirle's new OOTS style comic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99392) was locked! And no reason for why was given!

Does anybody know why? :smallconfused:

I decided I couldn't do the whole writing a web comic thing, I don't like planning ahead. Or planning at all for that matter. But simply going with the flow does not a good web comic make.

So I sent a pm to Alarra and she used her mod mojo to lock the thread in shackles.

on that note, I'm still waiting for Steven the lich to send me that blue paladin script.. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 07:27 AM
I decided I couldn't do the whole writing a web comic thing, I don't like planning ahead. Or planning at all for that matter. But simply going with the flow does not a good web comic make.

So I sent a pm to Alarra and she used her mod mojo to lock the thread in shackles.

Awwww :smallfrown:

It looked so promising too.

Keris
2008-12-15, 07:29 AM

on that note, I'm still waiting for Steven the lich to send me that blue paladin script.. :smalltongue:

Shame. I was looking forwards to your next update, and had been working on the MANA backronym....

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 07:35 AM
Glad to know that some people might have liked it.

Might try again one day, but as it stands I can't do the whole scripting thing. :smalltongue:

Think I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day thinking of a new Abr character anywho.

Edit- Plot 3 question, I assume avbaroy looked somewhat different back pre cataclysm etc. Do we have a map for that?

Mad Mask
2008-12-15, 07:51 AM
Nope, but I think I can create it, if nobody minds.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 07:58 AM
Well for one thing I assume Eternus would be a cohesive landmass, and there'd probably be a different waterline given the increase in drainage from the Eternus crater.

So the islands we have now were probably smaller and Eternus one greater nation, possibly with a few archipelagos and islands around it that form part of the island chain of the Eternal Ruins.

Keris
2008-12-15, 08:12 AM
The water level actually rose during the Great Catacylsm, as the BC era was during an Ice Age and the caps melted.
The Eternal Ruins (Eternus then) weren't ruins, but were still located in a circular valley. The Elwind Mountains weren't there, and most of the continents were bigger, what is now archipelagos were single islands, etc.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 08:58 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x84/AmnonLavidor/Oooooh.png
I so saw this coming like 5 miles away. Was the first thing that hit my mind when I started work on those comics.

Just remember that the Jovocian generator is currently on the fritz, which according to Lying is quite the safety hazard for living beings. Also, that a good 7-8 seen servants are in that room, and I think they'll notice a dragon, ninja or no, seeing as the citadel has motion censors apparently. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 09:24 AM
More accurately Tiff the reactor's housing is damaged by the large gash in the side of it. The actual mechanism is in the center where the two fields of infinite energy meet, unless you hit that the generator itself is pretty much fine.

Which still means that there are sensors and missiles for Mr Dragoninja to worry about :smallamused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 09:26 AM
The whole dragon talisman thing seems to be forgotten again though, what with the Vendetta,(would somebody blow the damn thing up already?) the Sovices, the united nations of Avbaroy, the list goes on and on.. :smalltongue:

Keris
2008-12-15, 09:31 AM
The whole dragon talisman thing seems to be forgotten again though, what with the Vendetta, the sovices, the united nations of Avbaroy, the list goes on and on.. :smalltongue:

"Mwa-ha-ha! I control the dragons!"
"Yeah? Well, we're an advanced alien race bent on controlling the world. And there's an airship flying around that's pretty much immune to everything."

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 09:41 AM
Ah, but this essentially a fantasy setting.

Dragons pwn everything

BRC
2008-12-15, 09:50 AM
I Have an urge to make a mage-detta that uses calculus based attacks, F Prime of doom! Bwahahahaha!

Keris
2008-12-15, 10:01 AM
I Have an urge to make a mage-detta that uses calculus based attacks, F Prime of doom! Bwahahahaha!

I have something related to that somewhere.....
Time for some digging.

Here we go:

Algebra Blast
Evocation [Math]
Level: Nerd 3, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half
Spell Resistance: Yes

No one’s exactly sure how it works, but a couple of the nerdier Sigil Prep guys have worked out a way to channel the power of mathematics into a bizarre kind of elemental energy. Algebra blast lets you use this energy, sending out a cone of elemental mathematics that deals 5d4 + X math damage, where X is equal to one quarter the square of your caster level, max +25.

Army of Calculus
Conjuration (Summoning) [Math]
Level: Nerd 9, Sor/Wiz 9

The ultimate piece of mathemagic, army of calculus functions as the elemental swarm spell, except that it summons Math Elementals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2946646#post2946646).

Grasp of Algebra
Evocation [Math]
Level: Dusk 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: None

Hard to take seriously as it is, having a basic grasp of algebra can pack a wallop. As you cast this spell, you must make a touch attack against your target. If your attack is successful, the target takes 1d4+X math damage, where X is the square of your caster level, max 1d4+25.

Ray of Calculus
Evocation [Math]
Level: Dusk 5, Nerd 7, Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Ray
Saving Throw: Will half

The ultimate revenge of the nerds. You fire off a beam of pure mathematical energy, requiring a ranged touch attack to hit your target. If the attack is successful, the ray deals 10d4+X math damage, where X equals twice your caster level, max 10d4+40.

Wall of Algebra
Evocation [Math]
Level: Nerd 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Polygon of mathematical energy, with sides of one 5-ft. square/level
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You channel the power of pure mathematics to create multiple vertical walls of crystallized algebraic energy that intersect to form a polygonal shape. You can create walls arranged into equilateral triangles, squares, or hexagons. The polygon must be firmly anchored to a flat floor. You cannot form the wall of algebra in a space occupied by a creature.

Each side of the polygon is a straight line of up to one 5 ft.-square/level. The wall is one inch/level thick, and each 5 ft. section of wall has 3 hp/inch of thickness. Creatures can hit the wall automatically. A section of wall whose hit points drop to 0 is breached. If a creature tries to break through the wall with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is 15 + caster level.

However, any creature that passes through a breach in a wall of algebra must still pass through a thin layer of plasma-like mathematical energy, which deals X math damage to them, where X is the square of half your caster level, max 25 damage, with no save.

Material Component
A sheet of graph paper.

Magic Weapon Abilities

Algebraic
When its command word is given, an algebraic weapon is surrounded by floating, luminous equations, causing it to give off light as a torch. The effect remains until another command is given. Whenever the wielder of an algebraic weapon successfully damages a creature with it, it deals an additional amount of math damage equal to the square root of the base damage dealt, rounded down to the nearest integral root. Thus, if the base damage was 5, it would deal 2 math damage; if the base damage was 30, it would deal 5 math damage.

Faint Evocation, CL 5th. Craft Magic Arms and Armor, algebra blast. Price: +1 bonus

[...]

Wondrous Items

Slide Rule of Commanding Math Elementals
By performing a few simple calculations with this mithral slide rule, a full round action, its user can summon a Large Math Elemental (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2946646#post2946646), as with the summon monster V spell. If the calculations are performed with a No. 2 pencil, then the elemental summoned is Huge, rather than large, as the summon monster VI spell. Only one elemental at a time can be summoned with the slide rule.

Moderate Conjuration, CL 11th. Craft Wondrous Item, summon monster VI. Cost 50,000 gp + 4,000 xp. Price 100,000 gp.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 10:28 AM
I have something related to that somewhere.....
Time for some digging.

Here we go:

Man you must had been bored.

Keris
2008-12-15, 10:33 AM
I didn't make them, Demented One did. I just saved a copy of them and then looked up the original.

MATHEMANCY!:smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 10:37 AM
I didn't make them, Demented One did. I just saved a copy of them and then looked up the original.

MATHEMANCY!:smalltongue:

CRAZYMANCY!:tongue:

Fawkes
2008-12-15, 10:41 AM
FACEPUNCHAMANCY! :smallamused:

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 10:56 AM
Mancymancy!

The Gremlin
2008-12-15, 11:20 AM
Necromancy!

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 11:31 AM
Necromancy!

STOPTHISMANCY!

BRC
2008-12-15, 11:32 AM
FUNTIMEAMANCY!

Alright seriously, let's stop now, or I will be forced to COS you.

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-15, 11:36 AM
FALCON...PUNCH!amancy!

:smallwink:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 12:18 PM
Should I discuss the physics of the Jovocian Generator some more?
Maybe Sovice culture and history?
Perhaps Arcanophysics?

Would that stop this "[X]MANCY!" trend? :smallannoyed:

BRC
2008-12-15, 12:26 PM
Should I discuss the physics of the Jovocian Generator some more?
Maybe Sovice culture and history?
Perhaps Arcanophysics?

Would that stop this "[X]MANCY!" trend? :smallannoyed:
You could come up with the main arcanian stuff that was looted and put into the Vendetta.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 12:28 PM
Or you could make a detailed map of the citadel.

Edit- with interactive marks that can be clicked and dragged around the map to show where everybody is, just because. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 02:56 PM
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p468/master-ranger/FFF7png.png
Pop.
That's an exploding sinclarum, for the record.

Oh dear, he's still alive. I'dve thought the local government would have taken away his tools of artistic expression by now.

How did you even get there in the first place? :smallconfused:

And you're an exploding Sinclair? Clearly you don't have the graphics for that to be true.

BRC
2008-12-15, 02:59 PM
Well, the citadel dosn't have a "No-teleport" rule. However, It may have a "No Master-Ranger" rule.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-15, 03:02 PM
Naw, it doesn't matter, due to the fact that: A) He is supposedly still being beaten by plotgoblins, and had no idea that the key was there and is godmodding, and B) his head is not on his shoulders/neck. It is rolling off his head.

Keveak, how come all your characters die?

Omega
2008-12-15, 03:05 PM
Oh dear, he's still alive. I'dve thought the local government would have taken away his tools of artistic expression by now.

How did you even get there in the first place? :smallconfused:

And you're an exploding Sinclair? Clearly you don't have the graphics for that to be true.

I second that and I have random kill being made right now.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-12-15, 03:08 PM
What the heck happened in Keveak's Plot 3 comic? :smallconfused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-15, 03:11 PM
What the heck happened in Keveak's Plot 3 comic? :smallconfused:

Old guy appears, tells them he knows what happens to the murdered heir.
Old guy gets zapped by someone which apparently made him go insane.

I think..

Naw, it doesn't matter, due to the fact that: A) He is supposedly still being beaten by plotgoblins, and had no idea that the key was there and is godmodding, and B) his head is not on his shoulders/neck. It is rolling off his head.

So that comic is non-canon right? Because I can see no good of him having a key.. :smalleek:

That and I was sort of hoping that Lying or Lavidor would take it.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 03:13 PM

Keveak, how come all your characters die?

Who died this time? A old guy got crazy but nothing else.

Anyway I've been thinking about making a page on the wiki about Ningas (Just for fun) Can I? (They'll getin the story briefly if we get out of the Vendetta):biggrin:

EDIT: Yes Tiffany he knew who murdered the heir but got insane by something (did you expect a murderer that good to let him be normal)

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-15, 03:13 PM
See, but the problem is... The old guy died, and he was missing a hand then. But then the old guy wasn't dead, and he was chewing on his arm...

I think Keveak turned his character into a zombie who wants to feast on flesh.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-15, 03:23 PM
See, but the problem is... The old guy died, and he was missing a hand then. But then the old guy wasn't dead, and he was chewing on his arm...

I think Keveak turned his character into a zombie who wants to feast on flesh.

No x'es in the eyes. Nope not dead just knocked out for 5 seconds. Then he got insane and started acting as an animal, a hungry animal.

Bayar
2008-12-15, 04:22 PM
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p468/master-ranger/FFF7png.png
Pop.
That's an exploding sinclarum, for the record.

You mean to tell me this is made in Inkscape ?

Where is Squark ? He might actually teach someone to draw...

Threeshades
2008-12-15, 04:43 PM
What the heck is an exploding sinclarum?

So that comic is non-canon right? Because I can see no good of him having a key.. :smalleek:

I can see no good of him not being in Plotgoblin detention.

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 04:45 PM
What the heck is an exploding sinclarum?

who....cares? :smallconfused:

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-15, 04:47 PM
@Threeshades: I don't know.

EDIT:

Neither does Google, apparently...
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww327/evil_d4_swarm/googlesearchexplodingsinclarum.jpg

Threeshades
2008-12-15, 04:50 PM
who....cares? :smallconfused:

Well true, but I have the Columbo Disorder. I cannot stop asking about things that make aboslutely no sense at all, until I get some sense out of it

Bayar
2008-12-15, 04:55 PM
Well true, but I have the Columbo Disorder. I cannot stop asking about things that make aboslutely no sense at all, until I get some sense out of it

And if you dont, Cthulhu gets 'ported and drains the sanity of all living being, right ?

:biggrin:

The Gremlin
2008-12-15, 04:56 PM
Well, the citadel dosn't have a "No-teleport" rule.

Actually, if the shield's up there's no teleporting, like the citadel. However, I don't think it's up.

memnarch
2008-12-15, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure it isn't up.

That doesn't explain why the plot goblins let him go though.

Threeshades
2008-12-15, 05:10 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the exploding sinclarum

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 05:11 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the exploding sinclarum

My jerunians are flaring up, your making my leptins race through my kreenks.

:smalltongue:

BRC
2008-12-15, 05:23 PM
Ooh, Shiny. Now ADVANCE THE PLOT
*Cracks a whip over SoG's head*

Speaking of which, When Oliver returned to his inter-planar journey, did he bring the Vendetta? Or did he just leave it somewhere in Avbroy, (maybe he couldn't find somebody to cast Planar Navigation for him).

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 05:35 PM
Threeshades, your parodies of Ranger's comics are funny beyond belief! :smallbiggrin:

Bayar
2008-12-15, 05:37 PM
Threeshades, your parodies of Ranger's comics are funny beyond belief! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, you should hire him as a writer, for a lulz webcomic.

Keris
2008-12-15, 05:40 PM
Maybe we should cut MR a little slack, constantly attacking his comics isn't going to drive him to improve, just to give up.

Besides, I found it obvious that he meant Simulacrum.

DoomITP
2008-12-15, 05:45 PM
I'm waitin' on you mask. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2008-12-15, 05:53 PM
I'm waitin' on you mask. :smalltongue:

I don't think I'll be able to finish a comic before tomorrow, as I have to make a Plot 3 comic and finish drawing a bowl of fruit in an expressionist style for a school project.

Omega
2008-12-15, 05:54 PM

Yep! I was just about to say that! :smallsmile:

Fawkes
2008-12-15, 05:54 PM
Anyway I've been thinking about making a page on the wiki about Ningas (Just for fun) Can I? (They'll getin the story briefly if we get out of the Vendetta):biggrin:

I guess so. What exactly are ningas, anyway?

Omega
2008-12-15, 05:56 PM
@Rand: I'm about to Randomly Kill you again... :smallamused:

DoomITP
2008-12-15, 05:56 PM
I don't think I'll be able to finish a comic before tomorrow, as I have to make a Plot 3 comic and finish drawing a bowl of fruit in an expressionist style for a school project.

Dang fruit :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 05:58 PM
@Rand: I'm about Random Kill your again... :smallamused:

oh god, the jibberish! :smalleek:

Omega
2008-12-15, 06:03 PM
oh god, the jibberish! :smalleek:

:smalleek: Sorry, EDITED!

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 06:04 PM

Oh god, the empty threats! :smalleek:

Omega
2008-12-15, 06:07 PM
Oh god, the empty threats! :smalleek:

Swords and energy blasts, Rand, swords and energy blasts... :smallamused:

Emperor Ing
2008-12-15, 06:07 PM
Swords and energy blasts, Rand, swords and energy blasts... :smallamused:

Chainsaws and Gravitational Singularities. :smallamused:

Omega
2008-12-15, 06:12 PM
Chainsaws and Gravitational Singularities. :smallamused:

Spirit Wave (one I'm saving for a rainy day). :smallamused:

Ninja Chocobo
2008-12-15, 06:24 PM
Maybe we should cut MR a little slack, constantly attacking his comics isn't going to drive him to improve, just to give up.

Besides, I found it obvious that he meant Simulacrum.

On the contrary! Knowing his comics are terrible will drive him to improve his art and writing!

Fawkes
2008-12-15, 06:29 PM
When MR first showed up, we gave him constructive criticism and offered to help him improve. He did not improve. Or speak coherently.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 06:31 PM
Threeshades could you please advance the "Threeshades is dead again" segment of the Vendetta?

I don't exactly have the time right now to make another ABR comic for anything, but certainly I'm not the only person who could continue comfortably afterwards.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-15, 06:40 PM
Ooh, Shiny. Now ADVANCE THE PLOT
*Cracks a whip over SoG's head*

Speaking of which, When Oliver returned to his inter-planar journey, did he bring the Vendetta? Or did he just leave it somewhere in Avbroy, (maybe he couldn't find somebody to cast Planar Navigation for him).

He took the Vendetta with him, traveling in it. Then (I may make a comic of this after Skornbail) when he was going back to Avbaroy, the plane shifter malfunctioned, sending the Vendetta to Fudge Land and himself to The Citadel.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 06:44 PM
If you actually think about it, having an entire vehicle impervious to teleportation inside and out is actually a fairly bad idea, for exactly the reasons we're experiencing.

If there was the ability to teleport around inside the ship, we'd be able to get around much faster. Troops could be sent to the battlefield with all the speed of saying "Four to beam".

Conversely, of course, it would also mean that enemy units could teleport into the ship (Given the appropriate information, as per teleport).

This is why the Citadel's anti-teleportation etc. devices are only turned on when the shield is up, which assumes an enemy attack anyway and also makes the shield nigh-impenetrable.

BRC
2008-12-15, 06:46 PM
It's probably possible to turn the Anti-port field on and off in the Vendetta. However, those systems are currently under the Shade's control. They know they are up against multiple powerful spellcasters, while they have relitivly few spellcasters who can Teleport anyway. Therefore, they keep the systems on. They don't wany Lying to teleport onboard, take Leroy, drop a Jovocain missle, and teleport off again.

Keris
2008-12-15, 06:53 PM
If there was the ability to teleport around inside the ship, we'd be able to get around much faster. Troops could be sent to the battlefield with all the speed of saying "Four to beam".

You can teleport around the inside of the Vendetta. And even scry other parts of the ship. You just can't teleport/scry though the hull, IIRC.

Keris
2008-12-15, 08:16 PM
I made it better!
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1329/keveakremixfl6.png

You... glued the images together so it would be easier to archive? Anything else?

And I just realised something.... Keris's isn't wearing gloves.:smalleek:

Fawkes
2008-12-15, 08:21 PM
Compare with the previous one.

And not anymore, he isn't! :smalltongue:

Keris
2008-12-15, 08:27 PM
Ah. Dialogue changes. Makes us act less out of character, while retaining the same basic content as the original.

DoomITP
2008-12-15, 08:32 PM
Anyone mind telling me how to make a hole that is transparent in a item. Like the area of a gun that you pull the trigger in. How do you remove the fill from that area?

Fawkes
2008-12-15, 08:33 PM
Ah. Dialogue changes. Makes us act less out of character, while retaining the same basic content as the original.

Now you've got it.

Fawkes wold never say "he got nuts"

Shades of Gray
2008-12-15, 08:35 PM
Make an L shaped Item for the gun and handle. Make a smaller L shape . and angle it opposite of the rest of the gun. Ctrl-G to make an object.

Szilard
2008-12-15, 08:38 PM
Or, make the hollow area as a path, place it on top of the thing you want hollow, and hold the ctrl and - key when both objects are selected.

DoomITP
2008-12-15, 08:41 PM
Or, make the hollow area as a path, place it on top of the thing you want hollow, and hold the ctrl and - key when both objects are selected.

that's what I was thinking of.

Szilard
2008-12-15, 08:42 PM
So, megadoomer, are you making the next SDSB comic?

DoomITP
2008-12-15, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna start it now. Finish later tonight. Might post it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Szilard
2008-12-15, 08:53 PM
Cool, in the meantime, I have to finish what little is left of my homework.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-15, 08:55 PM
Cool, in the meantime, I have to finish what little is left of my homework.

I sleep now.

I imagine it will be a nightmare-filled sleep, having just watched several clips from Battlefield Earth, which is certainly as bad, if not worse, than it's original literary counterpart.

Keris
2008-12-15, 09:07 PM
"To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause."

Sleep sound good right now... but the forum is still active!

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-16, 03:32 AM
I sleep now.

I imagine it will be a nightmare-filled sleep, having just watched several clips from Battlefield Earth, which is certainly as bad, if not worse, than it's original literary counterpart.

The irony here is that I've just awoken from the most nightmare filled sleep I've had in.. ever.

If you're telepathically sending your bad dreams over here, there will be hell to pay. :smallannoyed:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-12-16, 03:35 AM
Nope I'm good, fortunately for me sleep tends to pass REM into a strange new dimension.

Most nights anyway.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-16, 04:22 AM
@Mechafox: Great! It looks better now. He's gonna spit out that glove anyway (his taste is about normal):smile:

Nameless
2008-12-16, 05:40 AM
Yay, my MR Piss-taker comics live on! :smalltongue:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-16, 06:17 AM
Sheesh, this making a new character business is harder then I remember.

All the ideas I'm thinking of are either too far out there or too bland.
*Gets back to work*

Keris
2008-12-16, 08:44 AM
Plot 3: You saw it coming.
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1509/spitslap1ft5.png

And here's a comic
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6215/plot33sn3.png
For those who doesn't get what my character says non-verbally here's a translation: Hungry!

Hey Keveak, can we make this non-canon? All it does is tell us that your character can communicate non-verbally, and I'm working on a response to your previous one that will make no sense if this one is archived.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-16, 09:46 AM
Threeshades, thanks for posting that. I didn't understand it at first, and I was wondering why his head was doing that, as well as why the giant thing was sticking out of his face.

That explained a lot. Apparently you can understand his comics better than anyone else here.

Fay Graydon
2008-12-16, 09:49 AM
@Fayt: I didn't include your character because he's DAMN HARD To DRAW!
Will be included next time.

How is a demented 3 eyed, green skin, freaky eared, brown robed, with a crystal tied to a stick hard to draw...?:smalltongue:
BTW if anyone actually cares:
The aliens name is Zen Miagami the XIV, and he is visiting your world as a vacation.
His species many talent include:
creating holes in space (Portal travel) (have to know where they are going),
and they can make people see them as any other species they wish :smallbiggrin:... (it takes a lot of will power which is why hes not doing it at the moment)

EDIT: this was what he was gunna look like:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/alien.png

Threeshades
2008-12-16, 10:52 AM
Threeshades could you please advance the "Threeshades is dead again" segment of the Vendetta?

I don't exactly have the time right now to make another ABR comic for anything, but certainly I'm not the only person who could continue comfortably afterwards.

For that I need to know where everyone who's still on the vendetta is right now.

Fay Graydon
2008-12-16, 11:00 AM
Well, under your command I believe the Fish guy is alive, Diskord, the drow

Others:
Rand, Dekopin, TnD, Grim ranger,
Q (baby), Dettas, Oliver, Kevak, Leroy,

and im not sure about Lying and Co.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-16, 11:04 AM
@Keris: Can mine come after yours then. It shows that 1. He can't speak 2. He's hungry 3. He's very strong 4. He dislike eating gloves.

I could also wait till you've made yours so I can adjust mine.

EDIT: @Fayt: Too bad for you :frown:. I hope you'll be alright :smallsmile::frown:

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-16, 11:05 AM
Well, under your command I believe the Fish guy is alive, Diskord, the drow

Others:
Rand, Dekopin, TnD, Grim ranger,
Q (baby), Dettas, Oliver, Kevak, Leroy,

and im not sure about Lying and Co.

Im on it too.

PS: Sorry about your break-up...:smallfrown:

Threeshades
2008-12-16, 11:08 AM
Okay but In which parts of the ship are they?

Fay Graydon
2008-12-16, 11:10 AM
Diskord is right outside your door....

Q, Oliver, Kevak and dettas are near Dettaburger supposedly trying to do something...
and the others i have no idea

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-12-16, 11:13 AM
Rand was in the same room as Three if I remember right.

I think everyone else is at Detta burger or at Leroy's fish tank.

Mina Kobold
2008-12-16, 11:17 AM
Me, Oliver, Memnarch and Ven-detta(BRC) Is trying to free Ven fro the drows.

Fay Graydon
2008-12-16, 11:19 AM
PS: Sorry about your break-up...:smallfrown:
thank you :smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-16, 11:46 AM
TnD and Grim Ranger are near the bridge, just outside the command room. They're about to head over to where Leroy was to try to stop the team of good.

BRC
2008-12-16, 12:36 PM
No, The "Save Ven" crew left Dettaburger. They are currently in Central Engineering.

In Central Engineering is

Good Guys: Oliver, Q, Ven (Well, he's always there), Kevyak. Memnarch, Iceddragons, and a reprogrammed Repair Detta are in the hallway outside.
Bad Guys: 2 Moon Elf Soldiers, one of which apparently has magic fists (or maybe Kevyak dove into Ven on purpose), 1Moon Elf Caster of some sort, And the Hacker Dwarf (Artificer)

evil_d4_swarm
2008-12-16, 12:44 PM
Gremlin and I are at the Dettaburger, however.

Threeshades
2008-12-16, 02:21 PM
There are moon elves on board other than me?

Nameless
2008-12-16, 02:25 PM
There are moon elves on board other than me?

Yes. You must kill them, there can only be one evil moon elf.

The Gremlin
2008-12-16, 02:33 PM
Gremlin and I are at the Dettaburger, however.

Yay! Someone remembers me!
*Happy dance* :smallbiggrin:
Save Ven subplot guys:
Keveak, Oliver, Ven (duh), Icedragons, Q, and Memnarch.
Save Leroy 'main' plot guys:
Lying, Salmon, Leroy (duh), Firedrake, Chriky, Nameless, Mechafox, and Calamity.
Misc (Couldn't remember all of these, but these are most I think):
Grim Ranger, TND, The Gremlin, and the Evil D4 Swarms.
Also, sorry to hear about your girlfriend, Fayte. :smallfrown:
/\ Pretty sure they're drow.