PDA

View Full Version : Good Screen Capture Software?

AgentPaper
2008-11-23, 04:25 PM
Title says it all. I need some, don't know what would work. Downloaded one, but it didn't work unless I wasn't in the game I need to screen capture in. (how useless :smallyuk:) Downloading another one now, hopefully more luck, but it's just a trial so even if it works, I'll need another one eventually.

Oregano
2008-11-23, 04:37 PM
video recording or fancy screenshotting. If it's video rocording my maths tutor uses something called Can/Camtasia(not sure) which seems good enough, it records sound too.

Fishies
2008-11-23, 04:49 PM
Does it have to be free? I use MWSnap, which is my favourite free screen capture program. If you're willing to pay $20 or something for a program, though, I'm sure there's better ones.

AgentPaper
2008-11-23, 04:51 PM
Free would be nice, and it just needs to take pictures. I'll give that one a try.

Emperor Ing
2008-11-23, 04:51 PM
There's something called FRAPS I think downloadable. There is a free version available.

Rawhide
2008-11-23, 05:30 PM
What game are you wanting to capture screenshots from? Some games have a button to take a screenshot. Some games can even record demos.

Flame of Anor
2008-11-25, 03:14 PM
You could just hit "Prnt Scrn" then paste it into a picture file. You couldn't take multiple in a row, as it copies to the Clipboard, but it's something...and free.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-11-25, 10:22 PM
In Medieval 2, and I know that's the game you're thinking of, you can just press prnt scrn, and it will automatically save the screen to this directory:

sega/medieval2/tgas
Just open the files, edit, and resave as jpeg's or whatever, upload onto whatever, and post.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-25, 11:43 PM
XFire (http://www.xfire.com/) is a free in-game chat program, it can also take pictures and videos.

Cynan Machae
2008-11-26, 02:16 AM
I've used Camtasia in the past, and it does the job quite well.
Depending on the game you want to capture, you could also use FRAPS, it use less ressources. But I had some compatibility problems with it, but I can't remember which they were :smalltongue:

Alos yea, Xfire now support video recording, but I haven't tried it yet so I can't say anything about it.