PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Arena practice - "Shadow Blade" Jack Vs Stella

KevLar
2008-11-23, 05:53 PM
A towering figure in a dark robe enters the room where you have been milling around sizing up the competition. His face is completely obscured by his hood. He raises both hands to get your attention and speaks in a deep voice.

"Shadow Blade" Jack, Stella. You have been chosen to fight. Prepare yourselves!

With that he brings his hands down and the two of you find yourself transported to the arena (http://excessivefreetime.org/arena/arena2.html).

OOC:
You've got time for one swift action and one standard action before you get transported in case you need to adopt a stance or activate an item.

On the map, green is open terrain, yellow is difficult terrain, red/brown is the cliffs (10ft, Climb DC20, blocks LoS). Arena has a 60 foot ceiling.

Opening post should have an initiative roll, anything you said after he called your name and what, if anything you did with the 'surprise round' before being transported. After that, start fighting in initiative order.

Positions:
"Shadow Blade" Jack
Horizontal Axis: [roll0]
Vertical Axis: [roll1]
Stella
Horizontal Axis: [roll2]
Vertical Axis: [roll3]

KevLar
2008-11-23, 05:55 PM
OOC: Damn, the roll didn't work. Again.

Positions:
"Shadow Blade" Jack
Horizontal Axis: [roll0]
Vertical Axis: [roll1]
Stella
Horizontal Axis: [roll2]
Vertical Axis: [roll3]

EDIT- Also, come to think of it, without a Judge, referee, something, it was pretty dumb of me to put the positions in spoilers. We need to know if we have LoS or not. :)

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 05:59 PM
(d20)

+15 initiative total from roll below of 33 initiative.

Standard readies hide in plane sight (72), swift activates hearing the air stance.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:00 PM
I hate this die roll system. :smallfrown:

[roll0]

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:03 PM
You can add a number in the roll, like this (without the spaces) :
[ roll ]1d20+15[ /roll ]

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:05 PM
You can add a number in the roll, like this (without the spaces) :
[ roll ]1d20+15[ /roll ]

I know. I just prefer it this way so I know what I rolled without having to do math. Anyway, rolls for inits. :smallsmile:

As for LoS, we seem to have it, but have cover in relation to eachother. I'm also hiding, so LoS is a bit moot unless you spot me.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:06 PM
Standard Action: Divine Shield, 7 rounds remaining
Swift Action: Activate Stance of Clarity
Initiative: [roll0]

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:14 PM
Cool. Your round.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:17 PM
I don't think we have LoS. Those red squares are pillars/rocks/walls, in any case they are 20 ft tall and they are in between, on lines K and L. So we can't see each other.

I think I go first.

Move to J 11 (last known position) and hiding (inside the pillar, so total cover). But I will come out somewhere, and you might see me, so roll a spot check.
Hide check [roll0]
My spot check to see you: [roll1]

if you beat my hide check:
I am on the same square, but 20 ft up, top of the pillar, half-inside (cover) and half outside looking for you.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:20 PM
My round I activate my ring of invisibility, and my blind sense goes off, alerting me to your presense. I continue hiding, but now have 112 on my hide check. I fail my spot check.

Edit: Never mind, ethereal. No blind sense for me.

Edit: edit: wait, incorporeal. I do get it...

XD I'm not used to this format so hardcore. I don't have enough range. Reading 4 files at once makes this a hard process.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:22 PM
[roll0] For spot

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:29 PM
Yes, now here's the funny part:
1) I have Lifesense. Since you are a living creature, I see your lifeforce spreading from you to a 60 ft radius, and it doesn't matter if you are invisible or have concealment. Only total cover would prevent me from pinpointing you.
2) I am incorporeal. Blindsense (which has 30 ft radius, more than our distance) doesn't work against me.

Note: To be exact, SRD says that blindsense is "ineffective or partially effective against incorporeal creatures", without other details. If you have any idea how to rule about this, I'm all ears. :)

End of Round 1?

EDIT- Yeah, it's odd for me too, this is my 2nd PvP game, and that's why it takes me so long to post an answer. Sorry...

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:31 PM
Yes, now here's the funny part:
1) I have Lifesense. Since you are a living creature, I see your lifeforce spreading from you to a 60 ft radius, and it doesn't matter if you are invisible or have concealment. Only total cover would prevent me from pinpointing you.
2) I am incorporeal. Blindsense (which has 30 ft radius, more than our distance) doesn't work against me.

Very much true. Doesn't let you pinpoint though. :smalltongue:

Note: To be exact, SRD says that blindsense is "ineffective or partially effective against incorporeal creatures", without other details. If you have any idea how to rule about this, I'm all ears. :)

End of Round 1?

50% fail chance per round sound decent? This is basically going to be two people who can't find eachother trying to wack eachother regardless. :smalltongue:

Edit: Which page is that on again? Having trouble finding that.

Yes, it's the end of round one, and your turn again.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:38 PM
This is going to be fun. Why no pinpointing? I see you as a torch. :smalltongue: But anyway. I'm charging. Chaaaaarge!

free action: Divine Might +13 to damage
Full round action: Searing Charge, +5d6 fire damage. Considered a charge, therefore: Charging Smite with Power Attack +1 and using the Seeking Smite option (from Awesome Smite feat): ignores miss chance. :smalltongue:

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] + fire damage [roll2]

EDIT - http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#incorporeality

EDIT2 - Divine Shield, 6 rounds remaining
Rebuke Undead, 14 remaining
AC=65

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:45 PM
I disappear 50 feet, move 70 away and am in I 10, hiding, still invisible. I start pouring my quick caps into my bottles of alchemist fire, since I know I'm fighting a ghost now.

Edit: I read it through like, 5 times. I can't seem to find that passage. :smallconfused:

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:54 PM
Didn't I see you going to that direction (a moving torch and all)? I'll fly 20 ft up in the air and towards where I last saw you. This would be the last point where I had LoS before you disappeared behind the wall. Can I make it there with a double move?

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:56 PM
Damn, I forgot to roll Crusader maneuvers. In order:
[roll0]
[roll1]

KevLar
2008-11-23, 06:57 PM
And a triple post...
[roll0]
EDIT- Oh for the love of God.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 06:58 PM
Last seen at O 10, but disappeared from there.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 07:04 PM
If you dashed from there to I10, you passed through a green field without obstacles (from my point of view), therefore I saw you going there, didn't I? Am I missing something?

The part about Blindsense is further down, at Invisibility, 4th paragraph from the bottom. (Sorry, wrong link.)

Can I get my second maneuver now?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
(I'll take the first that isn't 5 again.)

EDIT Wait, how did you disappear in O10? I could see you there. Lifesense. Only cover bothers it.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 07:18 PM
If you dashed from there to I10, you passed through a green field without obstacles (from my point of view), therefore I saw you going there, didn't I? Am I missing something?

The part about Blindsense is further down, at Invisibility, 4th paragraph from the bottom. (Sorry, wrong link.)

Can I get my second maneuver now?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
(I'll take the first that isn't 5 again.)

EDIT Wait, how did you disappear in O10? I could see you there. Lifesense. Only cover bothers it.

Ah right, having trouble reading ranges on that map. In that case, I disappear at I 8, and have moved to E 18, hiding with full cover. I'll start moving my quick caps then.

For some reason, invisible incorporeal only seems to mention blindsight, not blind sense, which is what I thought it was. Blind sense just needs line of effect, and a non-ethereal target.

Edit: Nice rolls on the manuevers, BTW. :smalltongue:

KevLar
2008-11-23, 07:22 PM
I stand corrected! (Wrong link for the 2nd time, and may I say how frustrating it is to look through 3 different pages to find the rules for one thing...)
Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#incorporealSubtype), SRD says:

Nonvisual senses, such as scent and blindsight, are either ineffective or only partly effective with regard to incorporeal creatures.
It doesn't say anything about Blindsense there. The reason I was so sure about it was this, from Rules Compendium:

In almost all cases, nonvisual senses are ineffective for detecting or pinpointing incorporeal creatures. Blindsense, blindsight, scent, and tremorsense are all useless. An incorporeal creature moves silently and can’t
be heard with Listen checks if it doesn’t wish to be. If an incorporeal creature
chooses to make noise, it can be detected by means of normal hearing, or
by blindsense or blindsight based on acute hearing. If a creature possesses some other nonvisual sense, use your best judgment in determining the effectiveness of that sense in detecting an incorporeal creature.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 07:29 PM
OK. So, Round 3!

I fly where I last saw you (60 ft), I don't see you, and spend the rest of my double move to fly up 20 ft. I'm pretty sure that I have an idea roughly where you are now, since I should be able to see your light spreading in a 60 ft radius, except where the rocks block it. Nothing else for now. :)

I'm in I8, 20 ft up, in plain sight.

Divine Shield rounds remaining: 5

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 07:32 PM
I do a full round action moving about my quick caps, and use a swift action to regain my manuever.

Life sense is just like blindsight, so you only see my aura when within 60 feet of me, not the aura 60 feet around me. :smalltongue: Unless Libris Mortis has a different rule than the PHB does for it. I don't have libris mortis.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 07:37 PM
Libris Mortis is an evil book:

LIFESENSE [MONSTROUS]
You see the light that all living creatures emit.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, Con — (no Constitution score).
Benefits: In addition to any normal light that might be present, your surroundings are illuminated by roving points of brightness created by living creatures. To your eyes, a Medium or smaller creature gives off life force sufficient to provide bright illumination in a 60-foot radius, revealing itself and all features and objects in range to your life-adapted sight. This life-light behaves like regular light—you can’t see into solid objects, or past solid walls.
A Large creature gives off life-light in a 120-foot radius, and the radius doubles again for each additional size category larger than Medium, up to a maximum radius of 960 feet for a Colossal creature.
Will you give me 10 minutes? I have to do something IRL. In the mean time, would you like to tell me what "quick caps"??? I have no idea.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 07:42 PM
Ah. In that case, you get a couple of them, coming from the same general direction. And this must be precisely why my DM bans ghostwalk and libris mortis. On the plus side, I believe there is a feat to counteract this one. Although I'm not sure if the magic shadow isn't somewhat counteracting that.

A quick cap is an alchemical item from complete adventurer. It lets me use a free action to cover my weapon in an alchemical substance. Had I metagamed, they'd be on the correct weapon, but they aren't, so I have to spend the next 3 rounds fiddling with them and avoiding you.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 07:53 PM
I'm back and I have 2 suggestions.
1) Since this is a test anyway, I suggest we assume you are ready, and fire away. :) (It brings a big smile on my face when people are polite enough to not meta-game.)
2) What magical shadow? Since we have no ref, I suggest you tell me what it was exactly. Maybe Lifesense doesn't cover it after all.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 07:57 PM
My lantern makes everything within 60 feet count as in one shadowed area. Incidently, that means if your life sense is making it 1 brighter, and mine is making it one darker, it may cancel. However, I'm not sure if that's how life sense is supposed to work. Does it interact with magical lighting at all, or do they does lifesense just ignore that?

It gets confusing when we have stuff like this. :smalltongue:

I'll try to survive for another 2 rounds, after which I have a shot. I can run a lot faster than your character can, so it's possible for me to do this.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 08:08 PM
It's a headache. :smalltongue:
OK, if I'm getting this right, Round 4:

Move towards the light, I'm in 20 ft up in F-16, seeing you, but not near enough to attack you. So I just say: Boo!
(I'd use Intimidate, but it's a standard action, dammit. :smalltongue:)

EDIT- Divine Shield rounds remaining: 4

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 08:12 PM
"eep!"

Since you moved, spoke and are in the air, my spot will see you. I (move twice) off and hide again. I'm in S 19 after my jaunt, but this time I take vertical cover from whatever that difficult terrain actually is. I think I dissapear around L 18.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 08:27 PM
Round 5

"Run! Run for your life!"

Flying straight to L18 ground, shouting obscenities (what? she's an evil paladin) and then going half into the ground. I'll assume you are behind the rocks on my right, so I turn and end up in L12. Hiding (I shut up after L18) and taking a -20 penalty to the check for running. From there again, I see roughly where you are, but not exactly, and I'm too far.
Hide: [roll0]

Divine Shield rounds remaining: 3

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 08:40 PM
I don't reply, but I do do another pair of quick caps. One more round of this.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 08:46 PM
Round 6

I move to R14, hiding. [roll0]

Divine Shield rounds remaining: 2

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 08:54 PM
I can blind sense you there. I use a swift to change my stance to dance of the spider, activate my boots of speed, and north over the rocks, and wind up fully hiding behind L2. Last seen at P 18 before terrain interrupted.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:03 PM
Round 7.

Following to P18 and going straight north. Ending up in E18, thoroughly pissed that she can't see you.

Last round of Divine Shield

EDIT- What am I doing all this time? Why don't I fly 60 ft to the ceiling and see everything from above?

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 09:07 PM
Finally finish re-afixing my quick caps. I move twice, and run back down to S 19, since you've been following my path. I'm assuming you did the same this round, and am hoping you keep following the circle I originally went in.

I dunno. lol :smallbiggrin:.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:14 PM
(I need sleep, that's why. :smalltongue:)

Round 8

Standard Action: Divine Shield, 7 rounds left
Rebuke Undead left: 15
Move Action: Flying up (yo!) 40 ft, still in E18.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 09:16 PM
I still have full cover, so at least no charge on me this round. I switch my stance to hearing the air again, and pull my eagle out of my backpack. I
m about to try something and fail, but at least it will be awesome fail. :smallwink:

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:22 PM
Round 9

Moving to J10, height just below the ceiling (60 ft). Basically, I can see everywhere from there. I can also hide in the ceiling :smalltongue:, but I won't. Your move.

Divine Shield: 6 rounds left.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 09:23 PM
As a move action, I move into the open, standing fairly confidently out there. An eagle is on my backpack. For my standard, I ready and action.

P15. Forgot to mention that. :smallbiggrin:

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:36 PM
Round 10

OK, I'm diving to you then. Here we go again.

Free action: Divine Might +13 to damage
Full round action: Law Bearer, +8 attack +4d6 damage. Considered a charge, therefore: Charging Smite with Power Attack +1 and using the Seeking Smite option (from Awesome Smite feat): ignores miss chance.

damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

If it hits, swift action to activate Sudden stunning property:
you make a DC30 Ref Save (with a -2 penalty, due to Paladin's Aura of Despair) or be stunned for [roll3]

Rebuke left: 14
Divine Shield left: 5

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 09:45 PM
The charge activated my readied action. Just before the blow lands, I teleport away, appearing 10 feet behind you.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:48 PM
Hmm, OK, that means I can't complete the charge attack, therefore the maneuver gets wasted, but with Perfect maneuverability I have enough movement to simply turn and strike once, right?

No, that was more than my speed. So what happens? Your turn?

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 09:50 PM
Hmm, OK, that means I can't complete the charge attack, therefore the maneuver gets wasted, but with Perfect maneuverability I have enough movement to simply turn and strike once, right?

I believe since my readied goes off after you started the attack, but before you finished it, then no.

KevLar
2008-11-23, 09:53 PM
OK, then, your turn. :)

EDIT- To be continued, tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 10:17 PM
I 5 foot step in, and full round attack. The 5 steps forward to flank. I activate haste as well as the searing blade manuever.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

This is touch attacks, and as I believe I still get invisility bonuses prior to these attacks, it's vs. flat footed AC for the first as well. However, as your AC for flat footed touch is a 49, that's not really all that helpful. :smallsmile:

Yukitsu
2008-11-23, 10:20 PM
Spectacular string of things exploding off of your charisma. :smallconfused:

Your round.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 07:40 AM
Round 11

Stella flies around a small circle and strikes once, then continues to fly to R-14. That's a spring attack so it doesn't provoke AoO.

Free action: Divine Might.
Standard action: attack with Power attack +1, smiting and using the Divine Surge maneuver for +8d8 damage. If I would have a miss chance for some reason, Seeking Smite negates it. (Unless I couldn't hit anyway. The example the feat gives is "while this maneuver allows you to strike an incorporeal creature unerringly with a magic sword, it does not allow you to strike it with a nonmagical weapon".)

If it hits, swift action to activate Icy Surge property for 2d6 cold damage (yes, I know you have DR, Stella doesn't.)

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold

Rebuke left: 13 attempts
Divine Shield left: 4 rounds
Icy Surge left: 12
Sudden Stunning left: 12

Hypothetical Questions:
1)Even if I was unaware of you, wouldn't Uncanny Dodge make me keep my Dex to AC?
2)Why touch attacks? Were these sword attacks or splash weapons?

KevLar
2008-11-24, 08:15 AM
I think it's over. (Unless I missed something, of course.)

Thoughts: You have a lot of neat tricks, which I like very much. :) For starters, I wouldn't stand a chance to locate you without Lifesense. Also, you are very fast, and if the arena was bigger you'd have a very big advantage. The one thing that bugs me with your character is that you need full attacks to unleash the 645 attacks per round fury, and that usually means ending up next to the opponent. In this arena, lots of people have wildshape or a ton of races and templates that give them obscene attack and damage. Even with a miss chance (and blind-fight, blindsense and the like are not uncommon when we're level 15 Gestalt), two or three full attacks can drop you. Just a thought (you may have some way to counter this, which I failed to notice).

My character, on the other hand, is a skirmisher. She's worthless with full attacks, she needs to charge or hit and run. Charging has a similar problem with yours: ending up next to the opponent. I wouldn't use it against a monster (half dragon this/half dragon that/etc) except as a finishing move. Other than that, I've tried to make a SAD character. I put everything on charisma and used every trick in the book to boost stuff with charisma. I don't intend to use ethereal cheese except against equally cheesy characters. I do use incorporeal cheese where appropriate, because: 1) If you don't stay completely inside solid objects, it's pretty much the equivalent of HiPS. 2) Being undead gives me many immunities but few hit points. 3) Hey, I payed for it with LA. :)

As a final note, it was a nightmare finding all the relevant information about incorporeal and ethereal creatures, attack options, defense options etc. Rules Compendium was invaluable, because it summed up everything in a few pages. I had to go back and forth between 5 or 6 pages in the SRD before it dawned on me that this book could save me.

Thanks for the game. :smallsmile:

Talic
2008-11-24, 08:21 AM
If either of you would like another go, I've got a character that I'd like to try.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 08:26 AM
I'm in, Talic. :)

Would you like to start the thread, or should I?

Talic
2008-11-24, 09:39 AM
We can keep it in this one, if you like.

Or you can start a new thread. Either way, I used 2 books + core.

Magic Item Compendium and Libris Mortis

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:12 AM
(Oooh... Libris Mortis... dangerous. :smalltongue:)
OK, let's play here. Positions:

Talic: [roll0]-[roll1]
Kevlar: [roll2]-[roll3]

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:15 AM
http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=5452

Sheet.

Libris mortis was used for a couple feats, no more. About 95% of the character is core.
Weapon enhancements are from MIC, as is belt of battle.
I think 3 feats are from Libris Mortis.
Everything else is core.

That's Me in T11, and you in T6, right?

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:18 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:18 AM
My initiative: [roll0]
Crusader Maneuvers: (I'll take the 2 first)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Before I decide standard/swift actions before we get teleported, I'd like to know what I see. What do you look like? :)

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:19 AM
Well, I am a pixie/Half dragon (blue dragon)/ghost.

Which means I'm naturally invisible, and totally ethereal. Unless you have a true seeing spell up, I am unseen.

I will likely manifest on my first turn. After that, I will be visible as long as you can See Invisibility.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:26 AM
You're in T-11 and I'm in S-6. Oh, we're starting ethereal? I thought we started manifested. Anyway, two points:

1)Even when manifested, a ghost remains partially in the ethereal plane (and can be attacked by an ethereal creature), therefore can see the ethereal plane without True seeing etc.
2)By a staggering coincidence, a pixie ghost was the 1st draft of my character too. Then I realized that the ghost template cannot be applied to fey. :smallfrown:

(We can ignore that, for the time being, though. I'd be a terrible hassle to build the character all over again.)

Standard action: Divine Shield
Swift Action: Activate stance of clarity.

So, we're both ethereal. Any reason I shouldn't attack you on sight? Do you have concealment or something?
Pixie. Invisible. Right.

Round 1
Standard action: Activate Scout's headband, 2 charges, See Invisibility for 10 minutes.
Move action. Moving to O-6 and hiding with total cover. (If you beat the hide check, I'll come out in the same square, 10 ft up, half inside -cover- looking out.

Hide: 1d20+44
Spot: 1d20+36 (free action, due to Quick Reconnoiter)
hide check:

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:27 AM
However, the ghost template CAN be applied to dragons.

Which is why I'm a Half-Dragon Pixie. Dragon type. :smallbiggrin:

And true, the ghost isn't considered incorporeal on the ethereal plane.

However, being a pixie, I'd still have my invisibility to contend with.

As for starting Ethereal?

If need be, my surprise round action will be to ready an action to be ethereal.

However, as a ghost must use it's manifestation ability to manifest, one would infer that their default state is not manifested.

Either way, it works. Difference is whether my 1st turn will be the second in round 1, or the 1st in round 2. No big either way.

Reason to not attack on sight: I am invisible.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:32 AM
Oops, sorry, didn't see your post, I edited mine above for my actions. I"ve assumed we start ethereal. Your move. :)

EDIT- Good point with the Half dragon, I thought it only changed the subtype. Sorry.

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:33 AM
First, you're a ghost?

Second, do you have hide in Plain sight?

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:34 AM
Oh, the rolls didn't work. Here we go again.

Spot: [roll1]

EDIT- Ooh, yes, I thought it was a given I'm a ghost too. No HiPS, but I can hide in total cover (even ethereal creatures can't see in solid objects). When I come out again, I have cover, so I can hide. My character. (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=19531)

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:47 AM
Rules clarification
I'm pretty sure that when 2 ethereal creatures fight, they treat each other as corporeal, except that they can fly and enter solid objects of the material plane: use Str instead of Dex for melee attacks (you would have weapon finesse so this doesn't bother you, but I have a trick up my sleeve, too. :smallwink: ), they can grapple each other etc.

Correct?

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:53 AM
My Turn:

Ready an action: (No peeking):I mean it, no peeking!Use Dispel Magic Spell like ability if my opponent attempts to attack me. This will be coupled with a 5 foot step, per this entry (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm#ready)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
(remember, here we're not incorporeal, we don't benefit from Auto-silent)

Done.

Stats:Location: T11
HP: 103
AC: 41 (FF 30)
In hand: Dagger
Readied Action.

Yukitsu
2008-11-24, 10:54 AM
Round 11

Stella flies around a small circle and strikes once, then continues to fly to R-14. That's a spring attack so it doesn't provoke AoO.

Free action: Divine Might.
Standard action: attack with Power attack +1, smiting and using the Divine Surge maneuver for +8d8 damage. If I would have a miss chance for some reason, Seeking Smite negates it. (Unless I couldn't hit anyway. The example the feat gives is "while this maneuver allows you to strike an incorporeal creature unerringly with a magic sword, it does not allow you to strike it with a nonmagical weapon".)

If it hits, swift action to activate Icy Surge property for 2d6 cold damage (yes, I know you have DR, Stella doesn't.)

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold

Rebuke left: 13 attempts
Divine Shield left: 4 rounds
Icy Surge left: 12
Sudden Stunning left: 12

Hypothetical Questions:
1)Even if I was unaware of you, wouldn't Uncanny Dodge make me keep my Dex to AC?
2)Why touch attacks? Were these sword attacks or splash weapons?

Sorry. Fell asleep. :smalltongue: Invis says denies dex, not makes flat footed, so it's supposed not explicitly negated by uncanny dodge.
And yes, they were splash attacks.

Talic
2008-11-24, 10:54 AM
Rules clarification
I'm pretty sure that when 2 ethereal creatures fight, they treat each other as corporeal, except that they can fly and enter solid objects of the material plane: use Str instead of Dex for melee attacks (you would have weapon finesse so this doesn't bother you, but I have a trick up my sleeve, too. :smallwink: ), they can grapple each other etc.

Correct?

Correct, though I'm not sure that corporeal objects block line of sight on the ethereal plane, but we'll go with it for now.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 10:59 AM
Hmmm.. I need to roll for move silently, then? That's bad, I didn't invest. Let's see.
[roll0]

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:01 AM
Only won by 16, about 13 after distance. No pinpointing by sound. But I do know you're to my West.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:05 AM
My turn, huh?

Round 2

Standard action: Divine Shield (7 rounds left)
Rebuke Undead: 17 attempts left.

No actions left to attack, you haven't moved, so I stay there and wait. I don't know you rolled high on Move Silently, so I erroneously assume that you have no idea where I am. I have cover (but not total cover) and I think you can attempt to pinpoint me.
EDIT- I mean with another Spot check.

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:09 AM
Reactive spot and listen, for any actions you performed last turn:

Move: Active listen: [roll2]

Standard: Maintain Ready action.

Done.

EDIT: 40 listen won't do it. But you've gotta come out sometime. Soon as you leave cover and concealment, you can't hide anymore. Once that happens, I'll dance with ya.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:19 AM
Round 3

(As a side note, I don't think you can get a 2nd Listen check. Move Silently is, by definition, part of a movement. No moving, no sound. I might be wrong, but that's how I understand it.)

Free action: divine might
Full round action: charging smite (with Demolishing Smite), with Battle Leader's Charge maneuver and power attack 1.
swift action (if it hits): icy surge

Divine Shield :6 rounds left
Rebuke Undead: 16 attempts left.

Without bothering to hide, the ghost charges at you.
Chaaarge: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
This attack ignores DR up to 26, except DR/-

if it hits, add [roll2] cold damage.

EDIT- Nat 1. What a shame. :smalltongue:

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:23 AM
You do however, trigger my readied action, with the swing.

As a part of the readied action, I take a 5 foot step back. This means that even a nat 20 would have missed.

The action itself. Targeted Dispel magic.

I know 1 effect on you. I'll roll for it. Please tell me how many other spell effects you have on you.

Vs. See invisibility (DC 19 to dispel): [roll0]

EDIT: and, like the wind, I am gone again.

EDIT2: Could you please inform me, how many levels do you have in classes which grant Uncanny Dodge?

Edit3: Well, any action can trigger it. Spellcasting, attacks, etc.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:30 AM
Ummm... when I made my (illegal) ghost pixie, Lynd had asked me to not use the pixie's SLAs... I'll happily roll with it for now, but have in mind that this will not fly in the Warrior Arena.

While I'm deciding what to do, how many rounds does the Dispel last? It's not permanent, is it? Don't you have to roll 1d4 rounds to suppress a magic item's abilities? Incidentally, I don't have spell effects on me, I think. I have tons of supernatural effects, but not spells. You are welcome to check my sheet (and spoilers above, no biggie) in case I'm wrong.

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:33 AM
Targeted version goes seek and destroy on spell effects. Doesn't touch items. But if it wins, it's gone. No suppression. Effect is ended.

Unless, of course, you target an item. Then it supresses for 1d4 rounds.

EDIT: Oh, and in the first exhibition match (me and a angel), I had about a half dozen spell effects thrown at me, along with Lynd ruling on them. Magic Circles, Globes of invulnerability, Holy Word, etc. That was enough for me to assume them ok.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:33 AM
Wait, you targeted me? If so, I honestly think nothing happens. If you target an item, it becomes non-magical for 1d4 rounds, sure. If you target a creature, it dispels spells. Eagle's Splendor, gone. Cloak of Charisma works. See Invisibility, gone. Scout's headband, works. You have to target an item specifically to dispel it. I think.

You make a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum +10) against the spell or against each ongoing spell currently in effect on the object or creature

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:48 AM
Correct. Didn't think of that.

My action: Move from T12 to M13, altitude +5. We should be visible.
Move Silent: [roll1]

Factoring in -5 penalty for moving over 1/2 my movement. As I've never lost LOS, my hide check is irrelevant. My character doesn't know that though. After all, it's possible that you Made a DC 40 spot check, and pinpointed. Total concealment would, in such a situation, allow me to hide without additional cover. And you'd have to beat the above result by 40, now that I'm actively hiding.

Standard: Ready an action (no peeking):Move if my opponent approaches within 10 feet of me.

Done.

Stats:Location: M13, +5
HP: 103
AC: 41 (FF 30)
In hand: Dagger
Readied Action.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:50 AM
Oh, sorry, I missed your question about Uncanny Dodge. I have 4 levels of Rogue and 2 levels of Warblade. So you can flank me. :)

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:52 AM
Curses, I knew I forgot something, that doesn't deny dex.

Now I feel silly for not using my other level packages.

Was gonna go either:
Warblade 5/dervish 10

or

Warblade 5/Bloodstorm Blade 10

KevLar
2008-11-24, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I'm confused. :)
Can I see you? Can I roll a spot check to see you hiding? Do you have concealment, total or otherwise?

I thought that, since Scout's Headband is still functional, I can see where you went, and try a spot check Vs your hide.
If so, here it is: [roll0]

If not, I didn't understand what happened, apparently. Could you explain it?

Talic
2008-11-24, 11:59 AM
I moved. You've maintained LOS the whole time. You do not need to roll to see me. We both see each other. My character doesn't know you have a See invisible/true seeing effect up. So he hides, because he thinks he can. And he readies an action.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:15 PM
OK then. Round 4.

The evil ghost paladin seems angry that the other ghost stepped back just before she hit. So she she sinks to the ground. (Total cover, can't be seen) and moves.

moving at her speed despite not being able to see (ghosts can do that) to M-13. Right below you, emerging (half) and hiding in the ground's cover. Standard action: sheathe weapon.
Divine Shield :5 rounds left
Icy Surge: 12 left.
Smite: 7 left.

Move Silently [roll1]
(-5 penalty included).

If you beat that (and you will) you will see me right behind you, unarmed.

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:17 PM

Listen picks you up as you approach. It's +20, so I can pinpoint you, though I cannot see you. However, pinpointing you is all I need to trip my readied action. When you approach to 10 feet away, my action triggers.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:18 PM
I am half in the ground. I have cover, but not total cover.

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:22 PM
You have concealment, but not total concealment. We pass through that stuff, remember?

At 10 feet, my readied action triggers and I move from M13 altitude 5, to M13, altitude 45. Continue your move from O12, where you triggered my action.

Note: You'll hear my move, but when you triggered my action, you were fully in the ground, and there was total concealment both ways.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:22 PM
Have in mind that when I was 10 ft away I was in the ground.
EDIT- OK, just give me 5 minutes and I'll be back.

EDIT EDIT - Concealment, not cover. Got it. :) Back in 5

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:24 PM
Bear in mind that the ground isn't really ground when we're ethereal.

We can stick our hands through it, we can shout through it. We just can't SEE through it. It acts a lot like an illusion that way.

As my listen is what got you, that's irrelevant. I heard you through it well enough to tell exactly where you were.

Remember, while we're ethereal, those material floors don't mean anything, other than blocked vision.

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:29 PM
Further, even if I don't see you til you're five feet away, a Tumble: [roll0] is more than sufficient to still move away.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:33 PM
Correct. :)

Round 6.
Looking up and seeing you, I draw the sword as a free action (what? I changed my mind. :smalltongue:) and charge.
No wasting smite and divine might this time, but using Law Bearer maneuver. Icy Surge if it hits.

Divine Shield :4 rounds left
Icy Surge: 12 left.
damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold damage.

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:36 PM
Not quite.

I readied an action, which triggered.

After that, you complete your current turn.

My initiative changes to before yours.

You cannot charge during this turn, as you have moved, and do not have the required full round action.

EDIT:
Flow chart:
You sink.
You begin moving.
At O13, you trigger my action.
I move up.
You continue this turn.
Once this turn is over, it is my turn.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:37 PM
Oh, sorry. The rest of my action would be to emerge from the ground at M-13, hiding. So, it's your turn, right?

(Initiative changes always confused the hell out of me....)
EDIT- thanks for the chart, it was very useful.

Talic
2008-11-24, 12:43 PM
In a 1V1 match, assume that initiative changes don't change much. At least, ones from readied actions.

My guy now knows you can see him. So this is how it's going to work.

Every turn, I'm going to move to 45 feet away from you, and ready an action to move if you approach within 10 feet of me.

If you take total cover, my next action will be to move 30 feet from all total cover, and ready an action to move if you get within 10 feet of me.

I will maintain these actions for the next 20 minutes, or until you successfully land a hit on me.

Given those restrictions, can you land a hit on me in 200 rounds?

In other words, my guy has now done enough tests to show that you can see him. So he's going to wait out whatever effect you have to see invisibility, since the dispel didn't work, and avoid all combat until then.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 12:58 PM
Neat trick.
Let's assume you have invisibility and move on. (Stella has already figured out it's not prudent to waste turn attempts. So assume she took a full round at some point to use adaptive style.)

crusader (first 2):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:05 PM
Can you tell me under what conditions I can attack an invisible creature?
Do I have to either pinpoint you or make a wild guess, and then I have a 50% miss chance? Is there another way?

In order to pinpoint you, I think I must either beat your Move silently check with my Listen by 20, or beat your hide check if you're hiding (with a +20 for you, cause you're invisible)? Or is it a static DC?

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:09 PM
Beating MS or hide by 20 will pinpoint.

If I attack from 5 feet away, you know my square (until I move).

If you have scent, and are 5 feet away, you can pinpoint.

If you gain blindsense, you can pinpoint.

If you have blindsight, you can ignore invisibility.

A spot DC 20 will note that an invisible creature is present, though it will not note where.

While invisible, I gain a +20 to my hide check while moving, and a +40 while stationary.

I also gain a +2 to attack targets that cannot see me, and normally, I deny dex to attack, though in this case, I do not.

Note: Pinpoint = You know my square.
You still have a 50% miss chance for total concealment.

There may be others, but those are the pertinent rules I can think of off the top of my head.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:21 PM
OK. How are we gonna do this? I'd say that when the headband's effect ends, Stella hides...

You know what? Never mind.
I don't hide. I move to F-8, ground level and wait.
*cringing at the recalculating I'll have to do if you hit me with that necrotic weapon*

Round 287 :smalltongue:

I'm in F-8!

Total Defense.

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:28 PM
You won't have to recalc. It's ability drain. You're immune.

Creeping up slowly. To F9, ground level.

MS: [roll1]

EDIT: Cringing at abysmal rolls. I doubt you'll pinpoint me, but you'll likely hear me.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:31 PM

Sorry I didn't ask, but was that your round? Is it my turn now (and I can attack, presumably?)

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:33 PM
Pinpoint by Hearing. You're up.

EDIT: Yes, Normally, I'd have announced a ready action, but that would involve multiple rounds, sneaking up. Didn't want that many rolls.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:44 PM
Round 200+1

"I know you deceived me, now here's a surprise!
I know that you have, cause there's magic in my eyes!
I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles...."

Stella flies a small circle around herself, singing an old hit by The Who, attacks Casper and keeps flying, sinking in the ground in G-9.

Free action Divine Might
Smite with PA 1 (Seeking Smite, ignores miss chance) and Divine Surge, Icy Surge if it hits.

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold damage
This attack ignores any miss chance.

From there, I'll move to H-8, completely in the ground.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:45 PM
Was that a 2nd Nat 1?
Geez...
EDIT- Can I change my move? I know I didn't hit, I don't want to play hide and seek again. I'm not in the ground. You can see me. Please play.

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:47 PM
The move provokes an AoO.

Attack:[roll0]
If Hit: [roll1]

If threat: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

Very well.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:51 PM
Sorry I didn't specify it, I have spring attack.

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:53 PM
Free action: Boots of Speed (1 round only)

Full round action: Attack

Attack 1: [roll0]
If Hit: [roll1]
If threat: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
If Hit: [roll5]
If threat: [roll6]
If Crit: [roll7]

Attack 3: [roll8]
If Hit: [roll9]
If threat: [roll10]
If Crit: [roll11]

Attack 4: [roll12]
If Hit: [roll13]
If threat: [roll14]
If Crit: [roll15]

Swift: Activate Belt of Battle (3 charges). Gain an additional full round action. Use it to full round attack again.

Attack 1: [roll16]
If Hit: [roll17]
If threat: [roll18]
If Crit: [roll19]

Attack 2: [roll20]
If Hit: [roll21]
If threat: [roll22]
If Crit: [roll23]

Attack 3: [roll24] *Critical Threat*
If Hit: [roll25]
If threat: [roll26]
If Crit: [roll27]

Attack 4: [roll28]
If Hit: [roll29]
If threat: [roll30]
If Crit: [roll31]

Follow up, 5 foot step to F7. You lose pinpoint. To regain it, beat these rolls (not hard, I know)

Hide: [roll32] (+20 invis, -20 hiding while attacking)
Move silent: [roll33] (-20 move silent while attacking)

You should pretty much have an auto pinpoint on the Move silent.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 01:57 PM

Talic
2008-11-24, 01:59 PM
Pinpoint on the listen.

I count a total of 28 damage above, including the crit. Neither of us get deflection to AC (that's only while manifesting).

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:04 PM
The Same

Spring attack Dance, hit, move 10 ft left. If I get another nat 1, I will yield. :smalltongue:

Free action Divine Might
Smite with PA 1 (Seeking Smite, ignores miss chance) and Obscuring Shadow Veil, Icy Surge if it hits.
14 turn attempts left. 6 smite left.

damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] cold damage

If it hits, make a Fort (DC 19) or suffer a 50% miss chance on all melee and ranged attacks for 1 round

EDIT- 28? It was 8.

AC breakdown:
10 + 10 Armor + 6 Shield + 5 Dex + 2 Natural + 1 Dodge + 5 Wis + 2 Stance of Clarity = 41

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:05 PM
Undead. Immune to any fort save unless it affects objects.

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:08 PM
Neither of us benefit from our deflection bonus to AC. We're not manifested.

That means your AC is -13.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:09 PM
Oh, right. I forgot (about undead and Fort saves, I mean).
Your turn, I suppose.

EDIT Open the spoiler above and see. No Deflection bonus in there. :)

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:13 PM
(Note: Even though you're undead, you're subject to my critical hits. Ghost striking weapons render undead vulnerable to Sneak attack and crit, much like a greater truedeath crystal)

Using a ghost Su ability.

Telekinesis. Disarm option. Let's get that dang sword out of your hand.

Disarm Attempt. Opposed attack roll: [roll0]

EDIT: 8 it is. Can I get a breakdown of the attack bonus?

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:14 PM
CORRECTION: Sorry, I made a mistake. My attack roll above is minus 8 (I don't suppose it makes a difference, but just in case.)

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:23 PM
Attack breakdown:

Relevant Item: Slippers of Battledancing. Use your Charisma modifier instead of Strength/Dexterity to 1-handed attack and damage rolls if you move 10 ft in a round. Hence, the spring attack dance.

Not moving 10 ft: +14 BAB + 5 Dex +4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus = +24
Not moving in Stance: +14 BAB + 5 Dex +4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus +2 Discipline = +26
Smiting in Stance, not moving: +14 BAB + 5 Dex +4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus +2 Discipline + 15 Smite = +41
Moving 10 ft: +14 BAB + 13 Cha +4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus= +32
Moving 10 ft in Stance: +14 BAB + 13 Cha +4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus +2 Discipline = +34
Smiting 10 ft: +14 BAB + 13 Cha +4 Weapon + 1 Weapon Focus + 15 Smite = +47
Smiting 10 ft in Stance: +14 BAB + 13 Cha + 4 Weapon +1 Weapon Focus +2 Discipline + 15 Smite = +49

The Nat 1 attack was with a maneuver that gives +8 to attack. The last one wasn't, but I copied and pasted it by mistake.

And now, for losing my weapon. (Wait, don't I get an AoO?)
AoO, if applicable:
(with your DR, I'll need max damage for it to make a difference)

Disarm check: [roll2]
(+4 to the check, because I'm one size larger. Did you take a -4 penalty because it's a light weapon?)
Remove 4 from that check, because you're using Telekinesis. Don't know how I missed that, sorry.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:26 PM
More clarifications about the attack breakdown:

Mighty Smite weapon property, +2 to attack and damage rolls when you smite.
Longsword: +4 instead of +3 because I know Diamond Mind maneuvers. This becomes +6 when I use a DM maneuver, and I am permanently in a DM stance.

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:28 PM
You don't get an AoO for Su abilities.

You further don't get an AoO when I'm not threatening you.

I'm disarming you with my Ghost Telekinesis Su ability. Or, trying to, at least.

It's not a weapon.

You do not get a +4. You are not wielding a 2 handed weapon.

I do not get a -4. I am not using my dagger to do this.

My roll was 38.

After factoring out the +4, yours is 36.

You're disarmed.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:32 PM
Yes, I just noticed and edited above. I'm sorry, I'm multi-tasking and apparently failing.

Was that a full round action?
My turn?
Do I still have you pinpointed?

EDIT = More importantly, have I lost the longsword forever?

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:41 PM
No, I can maintain the telekinesis that holds the sword for 1 round per level. You are welcome to disarm the telekinesis. It's modifier is +29 (My character level + my charisma modifier).

That is a standard action. My Move is to move 20 feet up.

Move silent: [roll1]

EDIT: Your turn. I'm no longer pinpointed, but spot/listen can reacquire that.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:46 PM
Will I provoke an AoO from my floating sword if I try to get it back?
Spot: 1d20+36
Listen: 1d20+33

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:47 PM
Wow, that was dumb.

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:47 PM
No.

The telekinesis spell does not threaten. Further, the only way it can try to attack you with that sword is to hurl it at you. And I have to actively direct it to do that on my turn.

EDIT: You don't have me this time. No pinpoint. For once. *grumble*

KevLar
2008-11-24, 02:53 PM
OK, so I'm going for the sword then, against all hope.

unarmed disarm check: [roll0]

EDIT- Your turn, and I request a 20-30 minutes break. I have to walk the dog. :smallbiggrin: (He'll eat me if I don't.)

Heliomance
2008-11-24, 02:53 PM
Hey, thanks. You just gave me an idea for how I might actually stand a chance against Stella if Etherscale ever goes up against her.

Talic
2008-11-24, 02:59 PM
A chance? I'm plinking with a peashooter against this guy's cannon.

EDIT: You are aware that disarm checks are opposed attack rolls, right? Your bonus should be higher than 11, I think.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 03:32 PM
True, but even so, it can't beat your +29. (Natural 1s and 20s don't apply to opposed rolls, so you don't even need to roll.)

With Free Reconnoiter, I try a 2nd time to pinpoint you as a free action.
spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]
(I haven't included the penalty due to distance.)

My round ends.

PS- And I'm not a guy, dammit. :smalltongue:

Talic
2008-11-24, 04:21 PM
I was referring to your character, though if "Shadow Blade" Jack isn't a guy, her parents really must not have liked her. lol.

Cease Telekinesis. Cooldown: [roll0] rounds until I can use it again.

Full round action: Charge.

[roll1]
If hit: [roll2]
If threat: [roll3]
If Crit: [roll4]

I am pinpointed, adjacent to you. Note that picking up your weapon from where it floats provokes an AoO, not that my attacks are of any consequence.

EDIT: Add another +2 to those, included the "I'm invisible" bonus, but not the charge bonus. If your AC's the same, it should be 5 damage. Woo hoo. Another 30 hits and I win.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 04:39 PM
Ow!
(Yes, it hit.)

Stella (Jack was the other guy :smalltongue:) ignores the sword.
Spring attack dance, attack, move 10 ft to the left. Foaming with rage. :smalltongue:

The attack is a d6 slam attack, provided by the half vampire template - which I never expected to use. So no AoO.

free action: divine might
Smite with PA +5, Seeking Smite and Ruby Nightmare Blade maneuver.
13 turn attempts left. 5 smite left.

Concentration check: [roll2]
If that beats your AC, the attack does double damage.

Talic
2008-11-24, 04:41 PM
That's match. Nice. :) I don't think he'd last long against my whale, but he's got my ghost's number. Time to modify my ghost, lol.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 04:41 PM
Sorry again, remove 2 from the attack roll. (Gosh, this is confusing.)

Heliomance
2008-11-24, 04:43 PM
Feel like taking on Etherscale? You'll probably win, but I have a couple ideas.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 04:44 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad this is over. :smallbiggrin:
(The game was awesome, it's just that playing hide-and-seek in PbP format can last a whole day, as we both saw.)

I learned something, too. Get a locked gauntlet for that sword, ASAP.

(Say, can I wear a non-magical gauntlet over gloves of Dexterity? Other alternatives?)

KevLar
2008-11-24, 04:46 PM
Heliomance, if you were referring to me, I'm terribly sorry but I'm done for today. Spent. Finito. Kaput!
But I'll gladly play with you tomorrow. :smallsmile:

(And if you weren't referring to me, err... do go on.. don't mind me.)

Talic
2008-11-24, 05:41 PM
Kev. Just saying, Locked Gauntlet won't really help, though I think there are Weapon crystals that do the same thing as a Lock Gauntlet.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 05:47 PM
Locked Gauntlet would give a +10 to oppose Disarm. It's not auto-success, but it's something.

I really can't use a crystal, because Truedeath crystal is absolutely necessary. If I swap, I'll have to give Ghost Touch to the sword with a +1 property. That's too expensive. Or too much hassle, maybe.

Talic
2008-11-24, 05:50 PM
Well, if you ghost touch, you might as well ghost strike for crits.

Just saying, there's still sunder, adn ghost touch weapons are your only link to corporeal foes. I mean, there's a touch attack, but that's not very much.

KevLar
2008-11-24, 06:02 PM
I haven't focused on crits and I have nothing to boost them. I wanted Ghost Touch to hit corporeal creatures when I manifest without a miss chance, not battle ethereal ones - I can do that anyway.

As for the potential Ghost Touch Sundering weapon that may come my way... well, nothing is full-proof, is it? :)
I found out, much to my astonishment, that divine might, maneuvers and smite can give me a chance even without the sword. I'll take the chance, I think.

(Unless they are corporeal undead or constructs. Then I'll surrender, I guess.)

Talic
2008-11-24, 06:17 PM
True. Nothing's perfect.