PDA

View Full Version : Question about bannings

Killersquid
2008-11-24, 02:10 AM
If someone is banned from the forums, their IP is banned, correct? If so, if someone has the same IP (i think), such as living in a dorm on campus, will that cause the other visitors to the forums to be locked out as well?

Serpentine
2008-11-24, 02:13 AM
For future reference, these sorts of questions should be in the Board Issues forum.
I don't believe they initially ban an IP. I think that to start with, they just ban the user name, and move onto IP if they find someone coming back under a new alias. If you tell them that you're sharing a computer with someone, as long as a banned person doesn't use their account to post, you should be fine.
edit: That was weird, I left Friendly Banter and saw the "most recent post" thing and read it as "Question about bananas" :smallconfused:

SilverSheriff
2008-11-24, 02:25 AM
You have to admit Bananas are pretty interesting.

ghost_warlock
2008-11-24, 02:33 AM
Bananas are gross. :smallyuk:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-24, 02:34 AM
Bananas are gross. :smallyuk:
Agreed.
I also read it as "about bananas" as well, and shuddered.
Nasty, nasty fruits.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-11-24, 02:41 AM
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!

I ain't yo hollaback girl!

Sorry. Gonna go wash my mouth with soap now.

Weiser_Cain
2008-11-24, 02:48 AM
Bananas are great, you guys are crazy!

This user has been banned

Noir_Cat
2008-11-24, 03:22 AM
Ick, bananas. The only thing I can stand with bananas in it is banana nut bread and these awesome banana cookies that one of my co-workers brought to work today.

dish
2008-11-24, 04:33 AM
Banana marshmallow icecream is the best flavour of them all.

(Apparently board/site question threads are prone to drift even when they're in Friendly Banter and Charity isn't involved!)

Lord Herman
2008-11-24, 04:37 AM
Mmm, bananas!

(Well, this topic was derailed quickly even for our standards. I mean, the only relevant post in this thread is Serpentine's, and she started the whole banana thing.)

ghost_warlock
2008-11-24, 04:41 AM
Mmm, bananas!

(Well, this topic was derailed quickly even for our standards. I mean, the only relevant post in this thread is Serpentine's, and she started the whole banana thing.)

Well, opinions on bananas are more appropriate topic of conversation for FB than bannings. Probably more appropriate in general, too.

But, yeah, bananas are :smallyuk:. Banana bread can be o-kay, but leave the nuts out for me, thank you very much. I don't like bread that goes *crunch* and gets stuck in my teeth. :smallyuk:

@V: Aww, thanks! :smallredface: I really do appreciate it! :smallsmile:

dish
2008-11-24, 04:43 AM
Well, opinions on bananas are more appropriate topic of conversation for FB than bannings. Probably more appropriate in general, too.

But, yeah, bananas are :smallyuk:. Banana bread can be o-kay, but leave the nuts out for me, thank you very much. I don't like bread that goes *crunch* and gets stuck in my teeth. :smallyuk:

I'll remember that next time I bake you some. :smallwink:

_Zoot_
2008-11-24, 04:44 AM
I read it as questions about Bananas to..........

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-24, 04:49 AM
if you don't like bananas you clearly have psychological issues

seek help

Don Julio Anejo
2008-11-24, 05:06 AM

seek help
Okay, I did just that. Talked to myself for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Made myself realize that there's more to life than bananas and I shouldn't be concentrating on trivial things. Now the question arises - how do I pay myself?

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-24, 05:09 AM
Okay, I did just that. Talked to myself for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Made myself realize that there's more to life than bananas and I shouldn't be concentrating on trivial things. Now the question arises - how do I pay myself?

with a bunch of grapes (seedless preferably)

potatocubed
2008-11-24, 05:10 AM
The trouble with bananananas is I'm never quite certain how to stop typing it. :smalltongue:

Thiel
2008-11-24, 05:24 AM
Bananas is the best fruit in the world, followed by pineapple.
Ironically, pineapple is called ananas in Danish, leading to fun things like Banananas flavoured ice-cream

averagejoe
2008-11-24, 05:33 AM

seek help

I don't like bananas. It's because a banana tried to kill me when I was three, and I've never been able to forget. It's a shame, because bananas are pretty awesome, I just can't get past the taste.

Serpentine
2008-11-24, 08:57 AM
Mmm, bananas!

(Well, this topic was derailed quickly even for our standards. I mean, the only relevant post in this thread is Serpentine's, and she started the whole banana thing.)XD Whoops.
Bananas, eh? I'm fussy with them. Fresh ones, I only like at the right point of ripeness. Not underripe, not over. I'm starting to kinda like bananabread, though I never used to, used to hate it. I hatehateHATE banana-flavoured things. Hate those banana lollies, bleagh :smallyuk: You know what's really annoying? I can't stand banana, mint or blackcurrent flavoured things, but I really like lemon, lime and grape-flavoured things. All to often I confuse icky for yummy-looking things :smallfrown: What's really gross is banana-flavoured edible underwear* :yuk:

If this thread gets locked, should someone start a fruit thread or something?

*The backstory to this isn't as bad as you think. My mother got a gift with various... naughty items. The chocolate bodypaint we ate on toast. The banana-flavoured edible underwear languished in her draw. Finally, she was cleaning out her room, found that, and asked whether I wanted to try it before she threw it out. We each had a little bit... and it was foul :smallyuk: You know those "mint strip" things, like little squares of dissolvable plastic you use to freshen your breath? It was like that, only banana. It not only tasted awful, but stuck to my tongue and the roof of my mouth :yuk:

Charity
2008-11-24, 09:01 AM
Eating your mums pants .... no that doesn't sound at all bad Serp...:smalleek:

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-24, 09:47 AM
This user has been bananaed

The ultimate punishment, since bananas are gross.

dish
2008-11-24, 09:54 AM
Charity: my brain is trying so, so, so hard not to follow your's. Sadly, I believe I'm failing.

Serp: Please don't set any more of those up for him. Also, I approve the idea of a "Fruit Thread". It appears to be something we all need.

Roland St. Jude
2008-11-24, 09:54 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: First, questions of this nature belong in Board Issues. Second, we do not discuss bananas publicly. Third, while it is possible that one's roommate may get the IP from that room banned, we try not to ban IPs likely to belong to a larger group. We have a variety of tools at our disposal and the ability to apply them in a range of ways. We are firm on keeping out banned posters - if you know of one that has returned, please let us know - but we try not to cause any innocent bystanders to suffer. If you have a specific instance or concern, please contact a moderator or admin - I volunteer Rawhide.