PDA

View Full Version : Age of Ruin OOC: The final battle

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ozzy_G
2008-11-24, 09:02 AM
Here is the new OOC thread.

Toliudar
2008-11-24, 10:13 AM
Ready for a whole freshly-mixed-up batch of spoon to hit the fan?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-24, 10:49 AM
Heh. Just wait until Kaleff tells you the sort of power-level of the things you'll be fighting...
I never realised Arcane Sight was such a good spell. You can find out what the highest-level spell people can cast is by concentrating on them.

Lycar
2008-11-24, 03:42 PM
Govan is there too?

Well, this should be getting... intersting for Orin.

The chinese way. :smalleek:

More then it was going to be anyway. :smallamused:

Lycar

Toliudar
2008-11-24, 04:34 PM
Well, considering that we're about to go into a cage match with the heir-apparent to the empire and a rebirthing god, the personal vendettas of an Archmage may take a back seat in our concerns. Besides, Orin does have the benefit of the hat.

Keep in mind also that, since Ismal and Draven have gone AWOL from bounty-hunting, we're likely to be persona non grata among the power structures of Ralm at this time as well.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-24, 05:03 PM
That and last Sumner knew, Govan was "looking" for him. And plus he kind of botched the whole "return the amulet of ultimate power to Govan" quest.

Toliudar
2008-11-24, 05:08 PM
Sounds like ALL of us have reason to put some effort into Govan not returning to Ralm.

Lycar
2008-11-24, 05:18 PM
Or Ismal and Draven show up with Orin in chains and say something to the effect of:

"There you are! Finally! We got your wayward noble. Do you have any idea how much trouble we had tracking you down to deliver him?* Now fork over the gold." :smallbiggrin:

Who knows... maybe this even buys a few precious seconds. :smallwink:

Also, who is this Jeshyre Emorik guy? :smallconfused:

Know. Nobility: [roll0]

Bardic Know.: [roll1]

Lycar

(*Or how much trouble he was to apprehend? Or how annoying he is to have around?)

Ozzy_G
2008-11-24, 10:12 PM
Also, who is this Jeshyre Emorik guy?
Orin knows that Jeshyre Emorik is a Davethran noble who works for Govan. He's Cofaos' father (you remember Cofaos? You met him briefly, he was one of the other PCs, a binder). He's Govan's yes-man, and not terrible at magic.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-24, 10:16 PM
Okay guys, what's your new plan then?
Are Kaleff and Ismal continuing as Dragons for now?
Also, Kaleff saw that to get to the chamber, you can either go through particular houses chambers, or through the guarded doors in the central building, and both he and Ismal saw that there are doors on the top level of the building to get inside, with bridges across to the nearby buildings' rooves.

Toliudar
2008-11-24, 11:03 PM
All good questions.

How long have we spent as dragons now? How long, at the speed we've seen the airship travel, would Ismal estimate it will take for it to get to the building where the chamber is? That will determine whether Ismal stays as a dragon.

Within the building, which is the most direct route to the chamber? From above, from the central building, or from the street?

I'm worried about us getting bottled up in one chamber or path. Do we think that we should all take the same route in, or try multiple paths? Do we each lead a team of mooks, or do we become a strike team that leads the way?

My assumption is that, once we actually get into the chamber, the Zhan warriors, Draven and Sumner are going to be running interfererence and keeping the dwarf mooks away from our casters, and keep their casters busy. The dragons will strike out as they are able indoors. Kaleff tries for the crown. Ismal tries to lock Gothul down. And Orin...tries to sweet talk Govan? Bard-song buffing would also be welcome.

The priests are going to - well, hopefully not screw us, but do some supporting and be ready to open the gate to hell.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-25, 06:30 AM
Actually, looking at the duration of the spell, you should have really run out of duration while you were investigating. Never mind. You'll have to turn back now though.

Okay, the most direct route would be to go into the central building, down the stairs until you're past the prisoners and priests, and left. But you'd have to pass them, and probably get in a fight.
If you go through the houses in the street and through their basements, it would take longer, but you wouldn't have to pass them. The problem is that a zeppelin isn't very subtle, so they're probably going to know you're coming anyway.

Toliudar
2008-11-25, 09:24 AM
How far are we from the city right now? And how long does it take the zeppelin to get there? I'm trying to figure out how far in advance I can cast buffs. And whether there's any point at which I could potentially dimension door in to street level with (unfortunately) three other people.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-25, 09:45 AM
And how long does it take the zeppelin to get there?
About 6 minutes to reach the outskirts, another 10 minutes to reach the centre, at which point you could dimension door to the ground.

Toliudar
2008-11-25, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a one-sided conversation - I'm floundering a bit on this. Suggestions?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-25, 12:49 PM
You guys are all now protected by Death Ward.

knewsom
2008-11-25, 01:03 PM
If there are multiple exits to the building, I suggest we post mooks at the exits to prevent escape, or at least provide a way of notifying us of an attempt.

As for which entrance to go through, the roof will probably be best for those of us that cannot travel to the surface via magical means (this obviously does not include Draven who is wearing Winged Boots). Dividing up is difficult for a number of reasons, I suggest we stick together, and take a hammer and anvil approach. We are the hammer, they are the anvil, Gothul the object of our aggression (god I love that term).

also, YAAAY deathward!

I'm still not totally sure about taking the route by the prisoners and priests, they're pretty powerful, and depending on how long it'll take to kill them, it might be faster to go through the streets. Furthermore, we'll be weakened for the BBEG. Street level would be better, Draven can fly down, Ismal, Orin, Kaleff and Sumner can DD down. If we had invisibility or some such to make our way into the central chamber undetected, that'd be keen. Send in the more powerful NPC's from the roof to take out the priests and free the prisoners, meet them down below and send Gothul to hell. Downside to this is that some of the Ilsharei priests could be put at risk, and maybe not be able to open the portal. Then again, there are many of them. I dunno, I'm not sure on this one.

Toliudar
2008-11-25, 02:29 PM
I could conceivably make us all invisible, but we'd still be audible - very audible, in the case of the non-sneaky among us - and the first attack would spoil it. Plus, it would suck up a lot more spell slots, and I have a feeling Ismal's going to be running short as it is.

I like the idea of us coming in from one direction, while sending most of the army by another. But at the very least, I'd suggest taking at least one of the priests with us, in case we get to the central chamber first.

Lycar
2008-11-25, 03:41 PM
You guys are all now protected by Death Ward.

At a duration of 1 min/lv, shouldn't they save that until shortly before the actual assault? :smalleek:

Orin has 4 lv. 2 spell slots available. So 2 or 3 spells of Invisibility for us and 1 or 2 in reserve for CMW maybe?

Lycar

Toliudar
2008-11-25, 05:25 PM
If there's a massive zeppelin showing up and spewing Zhan warriors, I think it's safe to say that the entire city is going to go on alert. I'd rather mow through a few guards (with the additional benefit that they don't show up behind us a minute later) than try to sneak half a dozen people past them.

And yes, maybe we can assume that the death wards are applied just before we start to execute whatever plan we come up with.

knewsom
2008-11-25, 05:47 PM
can anyone cast "Major Illusion" to make that zep look like a stormcloud? :smalltongue:

Toliudar
2008-11-25, 06:30 PM
can anyone cast "Major Illusion" to make that zep look like a stormcloud? :smalltongue:

Good idea! Unfortunately, Major image is limited to 15 10x10 cubes, and the airship's gotta be a lot larger than that - or am I wrong, Ozzy?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-25, 08:28 PM
At a duration of 1 min/lv, shouldn't they save that until shortly before the actual assault?
Well, you'd better attack quickly then hadn't you? Or ask them how long the duration is likely to be.
I already considered this.

They are not cast at the last minute, they're cast about five minutes before you reach the centre of the city.

Good idea! Unfortunately, Major image is limited to 15 10x10 cubes, and the airship's gotta be a lot larger than that - or am I wrong, Ozzy?
It's not a lot larger. When you think about it, 15 10x10 cubes is quite a lot. The ship is only thirty foot long, for example. But yes, it is a bit too big.

Toliudar
2008-11-26, 11:27 AM
In the interest of moving this forward, an outline:

Kaleff spends the next few minutes scribbling rough maps of the building we're aiming for. Since there's always the possibility he'll need to go off on his own, I'd suggest that one of us keep one, and give others to the leaders of our various factions.

Khael'an and the blue dragon whose name is now escaping me do some rooftop/street level strafing runs as we get close. Damage reduction means that it'll be hard for guards to even touch them, and Frightful presence will soften up the first responders (well, so will acid/electricity breath). The theory being that, if you can't go in quiet, go in LOUD!

The Kael Vorn and the dragon-men take the rooftop entrance. The Zhan the entrance from the main building. Hopefully, the combination of superior numbers, military might and clerical buffing help them counter the priests inside.

Ideally, Khael'an joins his followers for that assault (assuming he can fit into the building), and the blue dragon follows/accompanies the Zhan. If the dragons are unwilling, they stay out and make sure the dwarves don't capture/destroy the airship.

We take one of the senior Zhan priests with us (in case the other teams don't show up by the time we reach the central chamber, we need to have someone capable of opening that gate). Draven carries someone light down to street (probably Kaleff), and Ismal dimension doors Orin, Sumner and the priest with her down to street level. We take out the street level guards, and work our way up to the central chamber.

Once we're down, I'll be able to help with Haste and a few low-level spells, but Ismal will be nursing her high-level slots to power the runestaff from then on in. We'll really be relying on Sumner, Draven and Orin for offense at that point, since Kaleff's already expended a lot of his high-level spells getting us this crucial info.

Thoughts?

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-26, 11:32 AM
Sure, why not? With his bolstered AC and Will, Sumner feels pretty confident about turning sundry guards and priests into a fine red mist.

knewsom
2008-11-26, 12:04 PM
dig it, though there is one problem - the Dragon Clansmen are on foot; how will they reach the rooftop?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-26, 12:21 PM
The Kael Vorn and the dragon-men
The dragon clansman aren't here remember?
Khael'an said his followers would be here in a few hours, Gadirir's slightly later (or maybe the other way round, I forget). They haven't arrived yet.
They did have to come all the way here across the ash wastes after all.

I haven't said they were here at any point have I? Am I having a brain-fart?

knewsom
2008-11-26, 12:45 PM
no, you're right - they're not here yet. I was hoping there was some sort of fast-forwarding going on between when the Dragons landed and when Kaleff and Ismal returned.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-26, 12:52 PM
No. Kaleff and Ismal weren't really gone a massively long time.

knewsom
2008-11-26, 12:54 PM
*sigh* oh well, looks like we made them walk a long long way for nothing then. Then again, we could always take over the city completely and forge a new empire. :smallbiggrin:

Lycar
2008-11-26, 01:11 PM
Okay let's count our blessings then.

Orin can give the usual bardic inspiration +3 to to-hit and damage to pretty much everyone who hears him. Since this is a moral bonus, it might not stack with whatever the cleric bless their men with.

Inspire Greatness has the problem of only lasting 5 rounds after he inspires one guy. But maybe that is enough to get rid of the 2d10 worth of temporary HP. :smallamused:

However, the '+2 to frankly, everything' spell is also available. Since it lasts minutes, rather then turns, one casting might even last them most of the way up the stairs.

Also, Orin can Dispell Magic, although his chances to disable more then but a handfull of spells are not too good.

In a pinch, he can put out a couple of HP of healing too, Draven can only heal people up to 1/2 health after all.

Apart form that, well, he does have a neat armour now and can go around swinging his migraine-stick.

Lycar

knewsom
2008-11-26, 01:19 PM
dont' worry too much about healing people, Draven can heal up to full HP, just not with his healing aura - he needs to use "touch of vitality" for that, and can also remove conditions like level drain and poison. With touch of vitality, he can heal up to 110 hp/day, with the fast healing aura, there's no limit , but can only heal to half of total HP.

Toliudar
2008-11-26, 01:20 PM
Right, Ozzy - sorry about that about the clansmen, then. How about the Zhan, Kael Vorn and Khael'an all take the roof entrance, then? Maybe the priests will compete with each other for who gets there first, but at least they're all more or less together, then.

If this city only has 'a few dozen' dwarves, then we're already facing a fair percentage of the population in this fight. There's a good chance that there'll be no city left to take over when we're done. Even if the process doesn't release another god, and the accompanying cataclysm.

The basic bardic inspiration and the +2 to all spell would be a VERY welcome thing, Lycar.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-26, 02:55 PM
*sigh* oh well, looks like we made them walk a long long way for nothing then. Then again, we could always take over the city completely and forge a new empire. :smallbiggrin:

Yes....we could...
<_<
>_>

Ozzy_G
2008-11-26, 03:02 PM
Is that the plan then? Anything else?

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-26, 03:04 PM
Which group is planning on securing the altar, then? No altar = no ritual, so that's a good short-term goal.

Toliudar
2008-11-26, 03:12 PM
I'm hoping that both groups are working towards the central chamber. Once there, securing any of the Altar, the crown or any surviving priests would be worthwhile targets.

Lycar
2008-11-26, 05:44 PM
Is that the plan then? Anything else?

Don't ask Orin to come up with battle plans!

Unless he happens to have read/heard about something like that before...

You asked for it: Bardic Know.: [roll0]

Right about now he has to fight to hold onto his bowel contents. This will change dramatically once he includes himself into a casting of Good Hope. But until then...

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-26, 08:16 PM
Nothing similar to this occurs to Orin.

Toliudar
2008-11-26, 08:20 PM
Ozzy: any comments from the others as we present/discuss this plan?

Is Khael'an willing to do some advance aerial strafing and scaring? Does he want to go into the building?

Presumably, we're asking for a volunteer from among the Zhan priests. Who do they get?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 07:30 AM
Khael'an and Gadirir are quite happy to strafe, and the High Priest of Isana will go with you.
Let's see what Sumner wants to say though...

Toliudar
2008-11-27, 10:09 AM
It occurs to me that an interesting real world parallel for this effort to move away from demon worship would be the efforts to step away from nuclear weapons. Once one side starts using them, everyone feels they need to have them. What we are now working towards, I hope, is an effort to collectively take them off the map. A kind of Geneva Convention of extraplanar agents. Fun!

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 10:31 AM
Okay, any last minute spells you want to cast just before you attack?

Toliudar
2008-11-27, 10:51 AM
Ismal will cast protection from evil on Draven and Sumner just before we head down.

knewsom
2008-11-27, 11:46 AM
yay! Also, Draven will activate his "Senses" aura, to help with initiative, and of course, switch it soon thereafter to something else. :)

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-27, 12:00 PM
I'll go ahead and cast Greater Force Edge on the Eater of Men.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 12:46 PM
Great what-what? Is that from one of your items?

Sorry if I've been a bit distracted for the last couple of days. I've got a lot of work at the moment, as I'm in my third year and it's coming up to winter deadlines. Also, the presentation I'd nearly finished was corrupted on Tuesday and I had to do it all over again.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 12:55 PM
Oh, also a guy PMed me today to ask me about the game threads since he's reading them.
So if any of you would like to look back over things, here's a compete list.
In total, the threads include:
The first group (Age of Ruin)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29944

The second group (In the Shadow of Dead Gods)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32153

They meet up (The battle of Mokar)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36030

They split up (The death of a dream, When we killed time itself)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37293
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37304

The third group (Grave of an Empire)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41583

They all meet up (The Bronze Cauldron)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45452

They split up (When all your friends are dead, Where demons dwell)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46689
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46699

They meet up (facing down destiny)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77368

Lycar
2008-11-27, 01:58 PM
Orin will save his casting of Good Hope for just before they 'go over the top' so to speak.

Bardic Music will be used as appropriate.

Also, if the valley is really that deep, fighring our way up from ground level might be less then advisable.

Soo... combined rooftop assault or can we be inserted a few levels below the temple chambers somehow? :smallconfused:

Also Skenardo: Great speech! Couln't have done it better. Of course, Orin has more ranks in Perform... :smallwink:

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 02:02 PM
Also, if the valley is really that deep, fighring our way up from ground level might be less then advisable.

Soo... combined rooftop assault or can we be inserted a few levels below the temple chambers somehow?
There is a street next to the central building. It has houses next to it, which if you then go down a floor lead to tunnels which lead to the cavern.

Toliudar
2008-11-27, 02:28 PM
So as not to force Ozzy to make more maps than he has to, I'm trusting that if working our way to the cavern from street level was unreasonably indirect or stupid, he'd tell us. My sense, from the description he gave Kaleff is that the big chamber is actually close to street level - am I wrong in that?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 02:41 PM
You go to the side buildings, down one floor, then along about forty or fifty feet of tunnel. It's not all that long really.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-27, 07:28 PM
Great what-what? Is that from one of your items?

Oh, that's right; I'm not a spellcaster. I don't have any abilities or spells to cast :smalltongue:

Ozzy_G
2008-11-27, 09:15 PM
Ah, I see what you did there.
You were a smart-arse.:smalltongue:

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-27, 09:35 PM
I have options! I can hit people...kind of hard, or I can hit them very hard. And I have a lot of different swords, so that's almost like having a spell list. This invocation requires three attack rolls, but each one can do 1d10+10 damage, and I can use it without a concentration check every round!
The range isn't that good, though. :smallsigh:

EDIT: On the other hand, my spell resistance(metal) is a lot higher than theirs, so that's good.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 07:57 AM
Right, so who is Orin casting Good Hope on?
And is there anymore spells from anyone?

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 09:58 AM
Okay guys, everyone have a +2 bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Is Kaleff casting any spells?

Toliudar
2008-11-28, 12:22 PM
NS did say that he'd be on vacation for a while, with spotty access. Any chance we could move forward, and retro in any buffs Kaleff might have wanted to cast?

knewsom
2008-11-28, 12:48 PM
Also +3 to init from Draven's aura. If we are outnumbered, he will switch (after we roll for init) to acid shield, If we outnumber our opponents, he will switch it to Power, granting an extra +3 damage.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 03:29 PM
Okay, some of you recognise some of these people.
Ismal knows The man with the 4 horns is Archmage Gothul, and his sidekick with the wattle and white streak is Magus Emorik. The warrior with the red crescent moon tattoo is his bodyguard.
Orin knows The man with the 4 horns is Archmage Gothul, and the man with the red crescent moon tattoo is his bodyguard. The man with the wattle and the white streak you don't know, but he resembles Cofaos, a guy who you met briefly in Mokar along with Sumner, Kizima and Kaleff. The small girl is Eji, who you met in the Gray Wastes and were told was a magical construct.
Sumner knows The man with the 4 horns is Archmage Gothul, and the man with the red crescent moon tattoo is his bodyguard. The man with the wattle and the white streak you don't know, but he looks a little bit like Cofaos. The guy with the same tattoos as you and slightly green skin is your younger brother Garen Kesh, who you thought died in the destruction of Zardis. He's aged many years since then, but you still recognise your own brother, even if he is now slightly green. The small girl is Eji, who you met in the Gray Wastes and were told was a magical construct.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 03:31 PM
Now, if you want you can talk with the NPCs, but I'm expecting you to either hurl yourselves at the enemy screaming or cast spells at them, so you can roll initiative.

Just to remind you, according to the plan Ismal is supposed to cast Dimensional Anchor on Gothul while the Priestess casts Gate to open a gate to the Underworld, then one of you has to bull rush him through. Now, no-one's wearing a big sign saying Gothul, so you'll have to work out which one he is yourselves. I don't consider this hard enough to give you a prize though, shockingly enough.

knewsom
2008-11-28, 03:37 PM
I'm guessing its the green guy. Who's got the best bonus for a bull-rush?

init: [roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 03:59 PM
Good to see we're off to a good start with initiative.

Lycar
2008-11-28, 05:25 PM
.... Archmage Gothul? :smallconfused:

My money is still on the greenish guy though. :smallamused:

At any rate, here comes initiative:

Init: [roll0] +3 for Draven's aura.

Okay, I need a wee bit of info here: IF Orin makes Init and the battle isn't immediately joined, does Orin have a chance to fascinate up to 3 people maybe? You know, like Govan, his sidekick and his bodyguard?

If he can suggest to him that Gothul plans on betrying Govan, maybe they can be made tosee things our way.

Besides, that's what bards do, isn't it. :smallbiggrin:

Lycar

Toliudar
2008-11-28, 05:33 PM
Initiative : [roll0]

A quick reference for buffs up:

Everybody:
Attack: +3 (+2 morale, +1 reflex)
Damage: +2 (morale)
Fort Saves: +2 (morale)
Reflex Saves: +3 (+2 morale, +1 dodge)
Will Saves: +2 (morale)

Draven and Sumner:
An additional +2 deflection to AC and +2 resistance to saves, if source is evil.

knewsom
2008-11-28, 07:06 PM
I just realized it'd be EPIC to have enlarge... *sigh*

for a bull rush, my strength bonus is 5, add two to that if it's a charge, unless somehow my shield bonuses help, which I doubt, I think they only help when defending. I'll have to check.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 07:08 PM
That was a pretty bad attack roll... you're lucky that in 3.5 fighters have such rubbish touch ACs.

Some bad guy initiatives then I guess:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 07:11 PM
Okay, I need a wee bit of info here: IF Orin makes Init and the battle isn't immediately joined, does Orin have a chance to fascinate up to 3 people maybe? You know, like Govan, his sidekick and his bodyguard?
Sorry, it only works if there are no dangers or distractions, and Ismal shot a ray at the green dude with the same tattoos as Sumner.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 07:13 PM
Actually, I just realised that your initiative is 27, and she is on 24. So you are first... give it a try!
I assume if they are fascinated, everyone will just attack them anyway...

knewsom
2008-11-28, 07:15 PM
...or wait for spells to be cast then bullrush the green dude.

Toliudar
2008-11-28, 07:46 PM
That was a pretty bad attack roll... you're lucky that in 3.5 fighters have such rubbish touch ACs.

Really, unless you specialize in it, touch AC tends to stay pretty low until you have a lot of toys to play with. I'm very much hoping that "pretty bad" is good enough.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 08:55 PM
With your initiative, I don't think you'll need to do any waiting.

But that reminds me, I knew I forgot someone's initiative.
[roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 09:14 PM
Okay, the current initiative order is as follows:
Kaleff 27
Orin 27
Ismal 24
Sumner 23
Red moon crescent warrior 22
Magus Emorik 19
Dwarf priest 18
Dwarf priest 16
Azakan Zere 14a
Quasit 14b
Priestess of Isana 11
Draven 7
Govan 6a
Green sunburst warrior 6b
Dwarf priest 6c
Dretches 1

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-28, 10:09 PM
Initiative/
[roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-28, 10:11 PM
Really, unless you specialize in it, touch AC tends to stay pretty low until you have a lot of toys to play with. I'm very much hoping that "pretty bad" is good enough.

Monk.

Githzerai Monk. :smallamused:

Ozzy_G
2008-11-28, 10:24 PM
Right, so we just need Kaleff's initiative now.

Lycar
2008-11-29, 01:35 AM
Right then. Orin tries his own 'spellcasting'. Should get their attention at least. If this is anything but a 'nice try' remains to be seen...

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 07:17 AM
The Fascinate and Suggestion abilities are seperate, you'll have to fascinate them this round and use suggestion next round on Govan.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: 2 natural 20s? Well, I'm off to a good start it seems!

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 07:21 AM
It is now Sumner's turn.

Lycar
2008-11-29, 08:08 AM
So they won't listen? Let us see how much they will regret their foolishness, as soon as we wipe them off the face of the earth! :smallfurious:

:smallsigh: There is just no reasoning with fanatics...

By the way, Cofaos, wasn't he with group #1 originally? Sumner, Kizima, Kaleff and Cofaos?

Anyway, at least he should maybe listen to Orin. There is still hope...

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 08:34 AM
By the way, Cofaos, wasn't he with group #1 originally? Sumner, Kizima, Kaleff and Cofaos?

Yes he was.
This guy isn't Cofaos, he just has the same wattly growth on his chin and white streak in his black hair. He looks older than Cofaos would do now if he was still alive. And I don't mean "he's Cofaos, but older" I mean his face is different.

Lycar
2008-11-29, 08:48 AM
Ah, he's the other Cofaos then.

Still, it was fun to re-read In the Shadow of Dead Gods (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32153), I thought it had long gone the way of all data.

Good times...

...by the way, just out of curiousity: When Orin was choosen to accompany the 2nd party, was it because of him being a bard (and thus having access to healing spells) or because of his background or a bit of both?

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 08:57 AM
No, I mean he looks like a different person, maybe a relative, who looks a bit similar to Cofaos but is definitely a different person.
Or he's just had plastic surgery.

I chose Orin because of his background. After all, I'm sure someone submitted a cleric.
Wait... actually this is 3.5. Hardly anyone wants to play Clerics. I do remember that there was 1 person who wanted to play a Druid, but I didn't think her background fitted.
If I remember correctly, orginally you weren't very interested in healing spells, I kept hinting at you that there was no cleric and so it might be a good idea to take them.

I chose all the characters for their background really. Which is why we've had such weird groups:
a fighter, a fighter/samurai, a rogue/wizard, a binder, and a rogue
a bard, a rogue/fighter, a fighter, a wizard
a sorceress, a barbarian, a wizard, a dragon shaman
Those aren't mostly very balanced parties.
I find that players sort out some balance on recruitment threads. If loads of people are playing wizards, they'll play a fighter, or whatever. You don't get five people all wanting to play cleric/fighters.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:17 AM
I'm going to roll initiative for Kaleff so he can post straight away.
[roll0]
Did he have a particular job in the attack plan?

Now, can you remind me how this armour of retaliation works? They take damage from hitting you or something?

Right, first the bodyguard attacking Sumner with his own katana.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Then the "clerics".
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Then Azakan.
Sumner needs to make a Will save! Protection from evil does not help. He can probably use his mask thing though. It's a mind-affecting effect after all.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 10:23 AM
Oh. Didn't realize the bodyguard was in arm's reach!
Anyways, with the armor of retaliation, anytime they do 10 damage or more with a single attack to Sumner, they take 1d6 damage.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:24 AM
Some more stuff...
[roll0]

[roll1]

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 10:25 AM
Dammit, forgot the Will save.
[roll0] (Much Better!)

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:31 AM
And the damage. [roll0]
Sumner must make a DC 13 fortitude save or lose d4 dex.

Draven's go.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 10:33 AM
YES! Finally! A fort save! Woo-hoo!
[roll0]
And that NAT 20...on a WILL SAVE
I'm stoked, guys.

EDIT...:smallsigh: it was nice while it lasted. Today's moral is the dangers of hubris. That is all. I'm going to go weep in the corner now.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:34 AM
Oh. Didn't realize the bodyguard was in arm's reach!
Well, he wasn't, he charged.

Draven's go now then!

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:36 AM
I see how it is, you jammy little git. You've been saving all your good rolls for the final battle haven't you! Here I thought all this time that you were appalling at skills and saves, actually you've been saving 2 years of rolls to now unleash them in the final battle!

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 10:37 AM
Ozzy. Calm yourself. Gaze in wonder, if you will, at the result of the fortitude save vs. quasit poison.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:53 AM
Oh wait, good point. See, I looked at that and thought, hey, he's beaten the DC by 3.
My faith in you is restored.
Take your [roll0] dex damage from poison.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 10:55 AM
Can you even use all your two-handed weapon feats now?

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 10:56 AM
Not...All of them, no. :smallsigh:

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 11:01 AM
Wait, Ray of Hope! If the Quasit is a summoned creature, then he can't hit Sumner with natural weapons :smallcool:

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 11:18 AM
He's not. Well, not technically. But he is an evil outsider... does your AC increase against those? He only just hit you after all.

I do love multiple buff spells and the situation you get where after every succesful attack by the enemy, or failed attack or save by you, everyone goes looking through all their buffs to see if they've forgotten anything. They pretty much always have. And then there's the non-stackability of all the different types of bonus...
You know, in 4th ed you just have feat, item, race and power bonuses. It makes it much easier. Also, the buffs are pretty much all minor actions to cast that last like 1 round anyway.
Which does change the dynamic of final battles quite a lot, since you can't buff up with a million potions and spells.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 11:27 AM
Nope, no extras. The vs. Evil is included in the AC, as I make certain assumptions about the people leveling a sword against Sumner here.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 11:35 AM
They're not all evil. They're just misunderstood.
Gothul just wants to re-establish his food supply, a perfectly natural urge.
Azakan is terrified that if he doesn't help his son will have to do it instead. Surely that makes him a good guy?
The red crescent tattoo guy is a bodyguard, he's just doing his job.
Govan is just looking to increase his own power presumably. But does that really make him evil? After all, in the culture he was raised in, that would be what he was taught to do. Is he really the evil one, or is it society?
And then there's the priests. They're just fulfilling their religion. Are we so intolerant that we deprive them of their right to freedom of religion?

Can we really even achieve an objective measure of evil? Isn't that just cultural imperialism? I mean, yes, we might say that, for example, working to bring back a Demon God so that you can become the most favoured Archmage in the land is evil, but if that's what you've been told your whole life is good, how are you supposed to act other than that?

What is Sumner's AC to people who aren't evil?

NobleSavage
2008-11-29, 12:00 PM
Whooo! I would miss out on half the 'Final Battle', now wouldn't I? Sorry guys, this wasn't a NS gone wandered off moment, the intranets at the 'rents had been literally ripped out of the walls, and as it was a holiday, there weren't any libraries open. And no internet cafes in the podunk town.

Quick list of spells Kaleff is casting as they rush in,
Ventriloquism
See Invisibility
Invisibility

And I would have had Enlarge prepped, but the plan was a scouting mission before the endgame. *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Also, am I the only one saddened, fearful even, of the end of this game? Don't really like the sound of 'Final Battle' much.

K, so battle tactics
Will shunt his voice off in another direction while he casts spells (via Ventriloquism), so as not to give away their position, and will feed some info to Ismal on invisible enemies.

So, first round, he'll try his luck with 'Unluck' (DC 19) against Gothul/Mr. Kesh's twin. Hoping for something real lows... this is what the Sword of Deception is supposed to be used in conjunction with.

Then, he'll grease up the crown, hoping to steal it again. Oh, and he'll be moving to stand somewhere unobvious, and out of the way of big ol' blasts/lines/spreads, what with his neato boots and all. Will post the nicities in character in a bit or two. Lots to catch back up on.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-29, 12:13 PM
Two less, or, 24.

Toliudar
2008-11-29, 12:31 PM
I'm now super-curious as to why protection from evil isn't helping with what seems a lot like
exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects . It didn't help against Gothul's possession either. I'm officially giving up, and just assuming that Sumner has a special vulnerability to mental attacks that overrides all buffs. :smallwink:

How much fire damage did Ismal take from the dwarf's blast?

Re: objectivity of evil. While I acknowledge that good/evil isn't universal in the same way that, say, gravity is universal, I find it self-defeatingly silly to talk about it as completely subjective. It's a bit like saying that there's no absolutely commonly understood wavelength that typifies the colour "blue", so clearly there are no colours, just subjective experiences of them. The fact that more than a hundred cultures on this planet all came up, independently, with the concept that ending the life of another person was a bad thing, leads me to believe that some degree of moral absolutism is, in fact, possible.

Sorry. The scars of a graduate seminar in semiotics and post-modern criticism.

Oh, and just a note brought up by the invisible imp. As Ismal gets a better look around she should be able to notice discrepancies between what her eyes and her blindsense are telling her - at least, within 55' of the entranceway.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 12:36 PM
For Kaleff, invisible-wise, the Quasit was invisible before it attacked Sumner. There are no other invisible people around though.
Ismal realises the same thing.

I won't finish the game completely, if that's what you're worried about. I'll just have to think of a new plot line!

Okay, so he's moving to the corner of the room and casting Unluck?
[roll0]

Ismal took 14 fire damage.

I'm now super-curious as to why protection from evil isn't helping with what seems a lot like
Because Azakan was casting it and he isn't evil. If, say, Govan cast a mind-affecting spell on Sumner, it would protect him, because Govan is evil.
As to why it didn't help with Gothul, I can't be a-telling.

I was just teasing with the subjective evil discussion. Most of these NPCs are evil. Azakan isn't though. And perhaps 1 or 2 of the others.

Toliudar
2008-11-29, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update!

Only the deflection bonus/saves bonus aspect of protection from evil is geared to alignment. The mental control and summoned creature aspect is in no way tied that way. I think the spell is pretty specific on this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protectionFromEvil.htm).

Of course, if we're houseruling otherwise, I'll understand and adapt.

knewsom
2008-11-29, 02:18 PM
charging bullrush str check [roll0]

Edit: I should also add that Draven's AC is 34 against non-evil, 36 vs evil, and if there are any other bonuses from the buffs we've received that should apply to his bullrush attempt, please let me know. He is also switching his aura to "Acid Shield" to damage anyone who damages him or the others in melee. (6 damage, acid)

Lycar
2008-11-29, 06:02 PM
I was just teasing with the subjective evil discussion. Most of these NPCs are evil. Azakan isn't though. And perhaps 1 or 2 of the others.

Yeah you better. Don't you dare to withhold Orin's right to be evil! :smallfurious:

I mean, come on, the fun part was to play an evil character, who can still work marvelously with people, because he knows just how screwed he is if he tries anything too obviously selfish/evil. :smalltongue:

And yes, Orin sacrificed Comprehend Language to get CLW. In retrospect, it was just as well. After all... people are usually concerned about protecting their source of magical well-being. Something Orin totally agrees with. What with being said source. :smallwink:

Just out of curiousity, I have since read up on the adventures of the first party. When the reports of Govan's spy in the other party of adventurers came in, did you ever suspect it was an actual player?

Also, I still think it was pretty mean of Ozzy to go with Orin misspelling the name of the dwarf in his message and thus giving Ruchion the impresssion, that the dwarf was not the guy he hoped to meet.

Or was Ruchion's player gone by then?

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 11:18 PM
Only the deflection bonus/saves bonus aspect of protection from evil is geared to alignment. The mental control and summoned creature aspect is in no way tied that way.
Interesting, I didn't realise that. Kind of bizarre... That would actually make Sumner immune to the effect, since it was a Compulsion. He made his save anyway, but I'll remember that.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 11:22 PM
Right, here's his opposed strength roll then.
[roll2]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-29, 11:34 PM
A save for the priestess.
[roll0]

An attack and damage roll against Ismal.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Attacks on Sumner.
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17]
[roll18]

[roll19]
[roll20]

knewsom
2008-11-30, 12:02 AM
Any hits the imps incur on Sumner will sting them with acid, just a reminder.

ps, sigh, I was so close with that bullrush attempt.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 12:06 AM
None of those beat my magically-bolstered AC!
For reference, before our last round of shopping/buffs, I think 4 of them would have, not to mention a nasty Oathsworn slash to the neck.

Toliudar
2008-11-30, 12:34 AM
Ismal's using Shadow Conjuration to cast Bands of Steel (full text below). That's a DC 21 reflex save, no SR. If he fails, Gothul's immobilized. If he succeeds, he's entangled.

BANDS OF STEEL
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One Medium or smaller
creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Spell Resistance: No
The interlocking hoops become briefly hot
then disappear even as similar, larger bands
streak from your outstretched hand toward
the creature you indicate. With a satisfying
metallic clank, the bands wrap around the
indicated creature.
The victim must succeed on a Reflex
save or be immobilized and thus unable
to move. If the saving throw succeeds,
the victim is only partially trapped by
the bands, and is entangled.
A creature immobilized by the
bands can attempt to escape as a fullround
action, either by bursting free
(Strength DC 18) or wriggling out
(Escape Artist DC 18).
An entangled creature can use a fullround
action to break free (Strength
DC 13) or disentangle itself (Escape
Artist DC 13).
Material Component: Three small
silver hoops, interlocked.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 12:50 AM
Judicious choice.
Also Draven: that failure was so close it even tasted like success for a moment.

knewsom
2008-11-30, 01:51 AM
Agreed. And yes, that was a very typical "close but no cigar" moment for me... I'm afraid they happen all too often in DnD! Man, if only our buffs helped with bullrush!

I agree with Ismal's choice of taking cover for a minute... would be a good opportunity to quaff a healing potion too.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 01:54 AM
Did you remember to add +2 to your ability checks from Good Hope?

knewsom
2008-11-30, 01:55 AM
!!!!!! I did not! just my ability modifier and the +2 from charging... I didn't know good hope applied to ability checks too!

*beats head repeatedly against keyboard*

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 02:01 AM
...Do we have an upset here? Did you actually succeed in pushing the demon through? :smalleek:

knewsom
2008-11-30, 02:02 AM
If we're allowing an instant replay (which is obviously up to the umpire), then yes, I believe I did! :o

Toliudar
2008-11-30, 03:32 AM
<Crosses fingers again.>

Lycar
2008-11-30, 05:29 AM
*Peers at post #108 closely.*

Hm... don't hold your breath on that one...

But then again, it wouldn't be a proper boss fight if we managed to push the big bad through the portal in the very first round of combat.

Where is the drama!

No, we first must be down to single digits in HP and on the brink of defeat before some unlikely heroic action saves the day... :smalltongue:

At any rate, Orin still has to use his action in round 2 to try his suggestion.
Even if only Emorik will be affected by it at all. Unless he saves vs. DC 18.

So wake me up when it's turn 3 then. :smallbiggrin:

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:01 AM
Okay, so what's Kaleff doing, as it is now his turn? You said

Then, he'll grease up the crown, hoping to steal it again. Did you mean literally cast grease, or is this some colloquialism I'm not familiar with?

Reflex save for green dude [roll0]

Will save for Emorik [roll1] Lycar, do you want to post some more speech for Orin?

And now it is Sumner's go.

Lycar
2008-11-30, 12:12 PM
Lycar, do you want to post some more speech for Orin?

... well... the guy still IS fascianted, right? So Orin could try again in round 3...

Hrm... as long as this removes even 1 foe fom the battlefield...

Lycar

knewsom
2008-11-30, 12:41 PM
Regardless of what his opponents do during their turns, Draven will just keep on pushing. This time, with the good hope bonus.

[roll0]

(and touch attack if you need it: [roll1])

NobleSavage
2008-11-30, 02:17 PM
Yes, sorry, I meant actually cast the spell, Grease, DC 17 (I think both the object and the holder get saves, reflex, against it). If he is successful, Kaleff will move close by, if possible. On his next turn he will cast Minor Image to create a duplicate crown, and have it slide away, while obfuscating the real one with the illusion.

No, we first must be down to single digits in HP and on the brink of defeat before some unlikely heroic action saves the day... :smalltongue:

I think you have this encounter confused with a lesser than or equal to CR encounter. Don't you remember? BBEG fights are over with a quickness, sometimes before they can finish their speeches. Only easy fights are so drawn out.

knewsom
2008-11-30, 03:17 PM
On a completely different subject, in case you haven't already seen this, it's PURE GENIUS.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/28343/dr-horribles-sing-along-blog

Lycar
2008-11-30, 03:46 PM
... I'll have to take your word for because, apparently, 'this service is US only' ... :smallyuk:

For a 'different' sort of funny, look here (http://www.nicht-lustig.de/toondb/081028.html)abouts.

Lycar

knewsom
2008-11-30, 04:22 PM
Lol, uh, yeah, I speak English, French, Chinese, some Swedish and a little Scots, but I'm afraid I only get about one out of 10 written German words. :smallfrown:

Bummer that hulu vid didn't work for you.

Toliudar
2008-11-30, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm blocked as well.

And may I remind you that the last BBEG fight we had left Sumner near dead and three of us dangling from chains like little soul balloons? Having Gothul go away in the first couple rounds of this fight would be a relief, but who knows if he actually needs to be present for the ritual to succeed? For all we know, we've still got to stop everything else, not just wait for the Zhan cavalry.

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 05:33 PM
Still, each evil demon god with Time Stop powers shoved into an entirely different plane of existence is a point gained in the battle at hand.

knewsom
2008-11-30, 05:35 PM
Still, each evil demon god with Time Stop powers shoved into an entirely different plane of existence is a point gained in the battle at hand.

hear hear!

Lycar
2008-11-30, 06:00 PM
... or each enemy spellcaster talked into not participating for that matter.

If it works at all. :smallconfused:

After that: Some inspirational speeches for Sumner and Draven perhaps?

Lycar

Toliudar
2008-11-30, 07:06 PM
... or each enemy spellcaster talked into not participating for that matter.

If it works at all. :smallconfused:

After that: Some inspirational speeches for Sumner and Draven perhaps?

Lycar

You could always try to snatch the crown using your whip, if Kaleff isn't successful.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 07:37 PM
On his next turn he will cast Minor Image to create a duplicate crown, and have it slide away, while obfuscating the real one with the illusion.
If the Minor Image moves away, the real one will be revealed again. But for now, Grease it is.
[roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 07:45 PM
Okay, first attacks of opportunity on Sumner.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
And the DC 13 poison again.

And most importantly, bull rush opposed roll.
[roll10]

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 07:46 PM
Yaaaay :smallbiggrin:

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 07:49 PM
By the way, Sumner's going to go ahead and push the green man an extra five feet inside, since he beat the opposed check by 5

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 07:55 PM
Another attack on Sumner.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attacks on Draven.
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Another attack on Sumner.
[roll6]
[roll7]

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 07:57 PM
Ouch. That definitely hits. Here's some retaliation for the hit, though:
[roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 07:58 PM
Skenardo, do you realise that if you do that, you will be inside the gate with him, as you have to move yourself forward, which will also provoke attack of opportunities?
Also, what are your HP now?

The Great Skenardo
2008-11-30, 07:59 PM
Sumner realizes that, but is dead set on making sure the bastard doesn't get back out.
HP is now...86

knewsom
2008-11-30, 08:01 PM
woo-hoo! well then, I guess Draven will take a full round attack on the nearest attacker, and as long as the protection from evil applies, he avoids being hit by the fire. Also, switching aura to "Power".

[roll0] damage [roll]1d8+11
[roll1] damage [roll]1d8+11
from haste:
[roll2] damage [roll]1d8+11

knewsom
2008-11-30, 08:03 PM
*sigh* damage rolls. Also, that hit on sumner will incur acid damage too if it's before Draven's turn.

damage [roll0]
damage [roll1]
damage [roll2]

knewsom
2008-11-30, 08:05 PM
man, I hate trying to think when sick, I forgot the electricity damage from those as well:

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:06 PM
It is now Draven's go.
Sumner and the other warrior with similar tattoos are completely gone.
Draven is standing next to the warrior with the red crescent moon tattoo, and the quasit, all in front of where the portal was.
The three dwarves are about ten foot south of them, and Azakan is about 15 foot south of them.
The man with the white-haired streak is about ten foot south and foot east of Draven, as is Archmage Govan.
Ismal and Orin are right at the east of the room, at the top of the stairs.
Kaleff's in the south-east corner.
The dretches are about fifteen foot east of Draven.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:07 PM
The closest attacker is the red crescent warrior, Govan's bodyguard. Okay, so the red crescent warrior just took 57 damage.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:10 PM
Right, Ismal and Orin are being hit by a Delayed Blast Fireball. Though you don't have to delay it... and he isn't.
DC 22, damage [roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:12 PM
Last Dwarf is attacking Orin with scorching ray again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:15 PM
Attacks on Draven.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

knewsom
2008-11-30, 08:15 PM
didn't Ismal duck out of sight? Also, woo-hoo, go high AC!

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 08:16 PM
Good thing they have acid resistance, isn't it?
Warrior dude did take 4 for hitting Sumner though.

Okay, it's the turns of Orin, Ismal and Kaleff again. Is Kaleff trying to steal the crown or something? He's cast Grease. Or are you doing something with illusions?
Or something completely different now?

knewsom
2008-11-30, 08:17 PM
well, remember, no more acid shield - he's switched to power now.

that and, it only works if the imps can hit him, which they can only do on a natty 20.

NobleSavage
2008-11-30, 08:59 PM
So, is the item considered 'in use'? Is the spell still in effect? If it is, Kaleff will just bide his time. If it isn't, he'll use his pearl of power to cast grease on the crown once more.

Ozzy_G
2008-11-30, 09:34 PM
Yeah, the spell's still greased, I believe Azakan must make another reflex save this round to keep it on?
So, Kaleff is delaying his action then?

Toliudar
2008-11-30, 10:31 PM
Save vs Delayed blast fireball: [roll0]

I'll hold off posting until I get confirmation that she was still a viable target after backing off down the hallway.

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 01:09 AM
Yes, Kaleff delays his action.

Lycar
2008-12-01, 01:38 AM
Reflex save eh? Fortunately that is his best so far. Still :smalleek:

Reflex Save: [roll0] (including Good Hope)

*whew*, only 26 damage from the fireball and the scorching ray went wide too. Lucky Orin. Still 15 hp left.

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 07:18 AM
I'll hold off posting until I get confirmation that she was still a viable target after backing off down the hallway.
Yes, the blast radius is 20 foot, so it goes down the corridor, which is straight, not twisted.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 07:19 AM
Remember he did shoot the bead halfway between Orin and Ismal before it exploded, so it actually went into the corridor before exploding.

Orin and Ismal's go then.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 10:49 AM
Makes sense. I was just having trouble visualizing. Ismal is at -2. 10% chance to stabilize: [roll0]

Oh, is the priestess doing anything except cackling, now that she no longer needs to concentrate on the gate?

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 11:03 AM
Well, she wasn't going to, but since Ismal went down to negative that turn, she'll have to... sigh... it's a hard life being a cleric.
Cure Critical Wounds on Ismal.
[roll0]
That's before Ismal's go, so she can take it. Remember she is prone though.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 11:06 AM
Phew! You/she are too kind! Thanks! Going to amend my action to...something.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 11:37 AM
Okay, what spell was that then?

knewsom
2008-12-01, 12:00 PM
Was Draven able to see what happened to Ismal? Also, how near death is the redguy?

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 12:05 PM
Sorry, I'd meant to post earlier, but the boards slowed down a lot with the new comic. Ismal's actions:

Standard: Use the runestaff to cast Resilient Sphere (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resilientSphere.htm) at the bodyguard. Reflex DC 21 to negate.
Move action: Pull the marble elephant out of her pocket.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 12:21 PM
Here's his save against that.
[roll0]

Make a spot check for Draven to see if he notices.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 01:59 PM
spot [roll0]

Edit: also, nice spell choice Toli, and Lycar, that was one helluva gamble - we'll see if it works! :smalleek:

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 02:27 PM
I'd like a Diplomacy check at -10 for Orin please.
Also a will save for Draven.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 02:36 PM
will save [roll0]

Lycar
2008-12-01, 02:42 PM
Diplomacy eh? Let's hope the dice like me now....

Diplomacy: [roll0] (includes bracers and Good Hope)

Coming to think of it.. would be such a nice time for Azakan to turn against us, now that he's been boosted by Orin's Inspire greatness. :smalleek:

EDIT: :smallsigh: Soo gonna happen....

Lycar

(PS: Would you kindly take a look at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5393216#post5393216) and tell me what you think?)

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 02:58 PM
Diplomacy eh? Let's hope the dice like me now....

Diplomacy: [roll0] (includes bracers and Good Hope)

Coming to think of it.. would be such a nice time for Azakan to turn against us, now that he's been boosted by Orin's Inspire greatness. :smalleek:

EDIT: :smallsigh: Soo gonna happen....

Lycar

(PS: Would you kindly take a look at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5393216#post5393216) and tell me what you think?)

Turn against us? In Ismal's experience, when in hell has he been for us.

In the tavern where she first meets him, he whines about his poor poor life, and then outlines his plan to single-handedly enslave her and the rest of the Davethran nobility.
The fight between the priests and wizards - he turns invisible and takes off.
In the cave, he definitely sides with Gothul, and helps track down Kaleff.
Just now, he tried to turn Sumner over to Gothul's side, and has just seized a sacrificial dagger to complete the ritual.

By what stretch of the imagination is he on our side?

knewsom
2008-12-01, 03:01 PM
I'm with Toli on this one... I think Azakan just became a new, bigger problem.

...then again, Orin IS evil... maybe he's turning against us as well. :smallwink:

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:06 PM
Nice diplomacy roll there, Lycar. Good to see you're saving your good rolls for crucial moments.

Toli and Knewsom, the thing you have to remember is that Orin and Sumner knew him in the past. Perhaps he was nicer then, or something?

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 03:08 PM
I get that, and am going to assume that not being bent on our extinction won him some street cred - but let's just say that it's a very good thing that Ismal doesn't understand what Orin's doing right now. :smallbiggrin:

On that note: Spellcraft to determine what Emorik is casting: [roll0]

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:12 PM
He tried to cast Hold Person on Draven. It didn't work, of course, since he has Protection from Evil and it's a compulsion effect.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:13 PM
Okay, attacks on Draven.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

If he takes any damage, he must make a fort save DC 13 or take [roll4] dex damage from poison.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:20 PM
And for the priestess:
[roll0]

[roll1]

knewsom
2008-12-01, 03:21 PM
both miss.

Draven will charge attack Govan, as per Ismal's instruction, and given that his current opponent is inside a giant golden ball. (too bad he won't suffocate like in the Superman movie with the plastic bubble)

charge at govan: [roll0] damage [roll1]

extra attack from haste: [roll2] damage [roll3]

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:23 PM
You don't get extra attacks with haste unless you are making a full attack action, you don't get it on a charge.

Anyway, here's some aoo on you.
[roll0]
[roll1] If hit, save DC 13 fort or [roll2] dex damage.

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

Did you include the acid damage and your power bonus?

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:26 PM
Right, concentration check for Govan to cast defensively.
[roll0]

I will need a fortitude save for Draven, DC 20.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 03:27 PM
power bonus yes, electricity, no.

[roll0] electrical

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 03:28 PM
both miss.

Draven will charge attack Govan, as per Ismal's instruction, and given that his current opponent is inside a giant golden ball. (too bad he won't suffocate like in the Superman movie with the plastic bubble)

Sorry to take away your dance partner, but I figured you'd have more fun bashing the nasty Davethran nobility.

Oh, and Ozzy - what language are the shouts coming in? Knowing what they're saying would of course be helpful, but just the language might tell me all I need to know.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:29 PM
So yeah, fort save for Draven?
Remember that Kaleff, as he delayed, can act whenever he feels like it.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 03:29 PM
fort save [roll0] (including +2 from good hope and +2 from prot. from evil) edit: :smallsigh:

Lycar
2008-12-01, 03:35 PM
Okay. If Orin totally ignores any AoO coming his way, can he move, pull out the whip/scourge (15' reach, remember?) and try a last, desperate Disarm against Azakan?

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:50 PM
Okay. If Orin totally ignores any AoO coming his way, can he move, pull out the whip/scourge (15' reach, remember?) and try a last, desperate Disarm against Azakan?
If you don't mind being stabbed by a Dwarf, sure.
Okay, Kaleff's go, he can take 2 if he really wants, then Orin then Ismal.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 03:51 PM
He turned me into a frog???? :smalltongue:

best... saving throw failure...... EVER...!

...can I still use line of acid?

PS: does this mean Govan's a "Croak"amancer? :smallbiggrin:

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 03:53 PM
Congratulations on your amphibious state, Knewsom.
And I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can't use line of acid. Your lungs are too small you know.

Lycar
2008-12-01, 03:53 PM
Well, now you officially claim to once have been frogged by an evil archmage. :smallbiggrin:

... maybe it's a dragonfrog or something...

And yes, Orin to the rescues! Damn the torpedoes bearded midgets dwarves!

Lycar

knewsom
2008-12-01, 04:00 PM
do I get "favored enemy: fly" now?

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 04:03 PM
Hmm. So much for sending the elephant trampling towards Govan, and assuming that you'd be able to handle the damage.

[TRUMPET rumble rumble rumble rumble....squish.]

Brilliant and funny. So sorry, Knewsom! We'll get it dispelled, honest!

Edit: Oh, wait! You keep your own hit points. Let's do it anyway!

Lycar
2008-12-01, 04:13 PM
Congratulations on your amphibious state, Knewsom.
And I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can't use line of acid. Your lungs are too small you know.

Hmm... if this was 'Baleful Polymorph'....

Says here: 'If the spell succeeds, the subject must also make a Will save. If this second save fails, the creature loses it's extraordinary, supernatural and spell-like abilities, loses it's ability to cast spells (if it had the ability), and gains the alignement, special abilities, and Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores of its new form in place of its own. ...'

Doesn't explicitly say what happens if he does make his will save.

But come on, can you resist the temptation of an acid-spewing frog? :smallsmile:

Lycar

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 04:23 PM
So that was:

Standard action: activating the marble elephant underneath her so that she ends up "riding" it. Not sure what the combination of prone and on top of an elephant means, but it's not going to be comfortable.

Elephant: Trampling everything in his path (possibly including Draven - sorry, hon!), and rolling over Govan and Whatsisname Wattleboy. Everything Large or smaller in his path takes [roll0] bludgeoning damage, DC 25 reflex for half. I'm fairly sure that this will involve the blubbery things, but am not totally clear on current locations.

As the elephant passes over/past Draven, Ismal will use her move action to dismount. This might be construed as requiring a DC 15 Ride Check [roll1] to avoid taking [roll2] damage - let me know if you think so, Ozzy.

WOO HOO! Heckofa way to inaugurate this critter in combat.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 04:28 PM
Says here: 'If the spell succeeds, the subject must also make a Will save. If this second save fails, the creature loses it's extraordinary, supernatural and spell-like abilities, loses it's ability to cast spells (if it had the ability), and gains the alignement, special abilities, and Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores of its new form in place of its own. ...'

I think you must be looking at an old version. It is one of those spells that has had a lot of revisions.

This is the current system (and the one I'm using, from the SRD):

You change the subject into a Small or smaller animal of no more than 1 HD (such as a dog, lizard, monkey, or toad). The subject takes on all the statistics and special abilities of an average member of the new form in place of its own except as follows:

* The target retains its own alignment (and personality, within the limits of the new form’s ability scores).
* The target retains its own hit points.
* The target is treated has having its normal Hit Dice for purpose of adjudicating effects based on HD, such as the sleep spell, though it uses the new form’s base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and all other statistics derived from Hit Dice.
* The target also retains the ability to understand (but not to speak) the languages it understood in its original form. It can write in the languages it understands, but only the form is capable of writing in some manner (such as drawing in the dirt with a paw).

With those exceptions, the target’s normal game statistics are replaced by those of the new form. The target loses all the special abilities it has in its normal form, including its class features.

All items worn or carried by the subject fall to the ground at its feet, even if they could be worn or carried by the new form.

If the new form would prove fatal to the creature (for example, if you polymorphed a landbound target into a fish, or an airborne target into a toad), the subject gets a +4 bonus on the save.

If the subject remains in the new form for 24 consecutive hours, it must attempt a Will save. If this save fails, it loses its ability to understand language, as well as all other memories of its previous form, and its Hit Dice and hit points change to match an average creature of its new form. These abilities and statistics return to normal if the effect is later ended.

Incorporeal or gaseous creatures are immune to baleful polymorph, and a creature with the shapechanger subtype (such as a lycanthrope or a doppelganger) can revert to its natural form as a standard action (which ends the spell’s effect).

The blubbery things (the Dretches) won't be hit because they've moved out of the way and onto the steps.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 04:29 PM
So, since Govan is a higher level caster than Ismal, the only reliable way to get Draven back into a bipedal context would be through Polymorph. Any requests on the specific race? :smallwink:

Human is an obvious choice, but - depending on Ozzy's whim - he'll be naked, so something with natural armour and/or natural attacks might be useful. Lizardfolk are almost like dragons...

knewsom
2008-12-01, 04:33 PM
how about a minotaur? :smallbiggrin:

and woo-hoo! I retain my HP! glorious, glorious HP!

edit: and uh, what would the reflex saving throw bonus be for a 11th level frog..? :smallconfused:

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 04:34 PM
Opposed disarm then for Azakan.
[roll0]
Come on natural 20!

Well, Draven's stuff is all there, on the ground. He can just pick up his shield and weapon.
You don't have to use Polymorph, you can just dispel the effect, if you roll well. Though I can't remember if you actually have dispel. I think Kaleff might do, but that depends if he's prepared it.
In combat though, you are probably better off with polymorph.
Oh, and a word of advice: if you turn him into a dragon or something, take him out of his armour first.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 04:35 PM
Okay, coming out of the corridor, you are also going to trample the dwarven cleric, so I'll roll for him too, and the priestess.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 04:41 PM
Okay, coming out of the corridor, you are also going to trample the dwarven cleric, so I'll roll for him too, and the priestess.
[roll0]
[roll1]

I will need a reflex save for Orin, DC 16, against a [roll2] lightning bolt.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 04:47 PM
Right, Azakan's attack on Orin.
[roll0]
[roll1]

It's now Draven's go. Don't know if he wants to do anything.
And of course, Kaleff can act at any time.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 05:40 PM
not much I can do, except be the toughest damn frog in the universe. :smallwink:

When Ismal bends down to get him, Draven will hop into her hands and eye Lamb warily.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 05:46 PM
how about a minotaur? :smallbiggrin:

and woo-hoo! I retain my HP! glorious, glorious HP!

edit: and uh, what would the reflex saving throw bonus be for a 11th level frog..? :smallconfused:

Sadly, I think your reflex save, RAW, is +3. Assuming that frogs have the same stats as toads.

And if you're going to dive away from medium sized, why not go all the way? Cave Troll! Huge strength and con (helping with fortitude saves, in case we get into a polymorph war), and natural attacks so that you don't have to use an undersized weapon.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 05:53 PM
cave troll works for me... :smallbiggrin:

The Great Skenardo
2008-12-01, 05:54 PM
Assuming they exist. Besides, I thought the Cave Troll had more than 11 HD?

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 05:57 PM
Sadly, I think your reflex save, RAW, is +3. Assuming that frogs have the same stats as toads.
They do indeed.
Cave trolls do exist in the setting. Though the HD issue stands.

The Great Skenardo
2008-12-01, 05:59 PM
Also; Is Orin dead? :smalleek:

EDIT: Also also...people are still brandishing ritual knives. Is this not a matter of concern?

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:03 PM
Assuming they exist. Besides, I thought the Cave Troll had more than 11 HD?

You're thinking of war trolls, perhaps, which do indeed have twelve hit dice. Cave Trolls are 9 hit dice. Relevant to this discussion, they are also:
Strength: 29
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 27
Natural Armour: +11

You'll have lost your lovely armour, but the protection from evil, haste and good hope will at least still be active on you.

Casting Defensively check [roll0]

Oh, and trample damage again for the elephant (nothing in the trample ability indicates that the double movement has to be in one direction, so trampling forward and back seems to work): [roll1]. Again, reflex save DC 25 for half. And the elephant should now be in a flanking position for draven, if that's helpful.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:06 PM
Also; Is Orin dead? :smalleek:

EDIT: Also also...people are still brandishing ritual knives. Is this not a matter of concern?

VERY concerned about both those. I just don't have anything that can reliably help with Azakan in one round, and am waiting to hear about Orin. If he's unconscious, she may be able to help in a round, but is rather hoping that the priestess might feel inclined to assist there.

Of course, if I've forgotten about other characters' actions that would change Ismal's choices (eg the Priestess dispels the baleful polymorph or spontaneously turns into Gothul), I'm happy to be negated. I'm heading off computer for about 8 hours, and wanted to slip in one more update, if I could.

knewsom
2008-12-01, 06:13 PM
...werent' there approaching footsteps that would turn out to be either enemies or allies...?

...and what about Kaleff? Surely he should be able to do something about this.

I suppose one of us could just go ahead and kill the sacrifice before they do, but that's a pretty evil thing to do.

Edit: oh and Toli, there's also always a Bone Devil (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm), ya know, for future reference.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:14 PM
...werent' there approaching footsteps that would turn out to be either enemies or allies...?

...and what about Kaleff? Surely he should be able to do something about this.

I suppose one of us could just go ahead and kill the sacrifice before they do, but that's a pretty evil thing to do.

Plus, killing the sacrifice did zilch last time we tried it.

The Great Skenardo
2008-12-01, 06:16 PM
You can't change into outsiders with Polymorph. Nice try, though.

Plus, killing the sacrifice did zilch last time we tried it.
This made me laugh for reasons I won't go in to. :smallbiggrin:

knewsom
2008-12-01, 06:18 PM
oh, right... shows how often I play a spellcaster. :smallredface:

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 06:22 PM
So, has Azakan made the save vs. Grease spell yet?

Kaleff will Greater Invisi on that previous turn, then move toward the alter, drawing his dagger.

Using his movement during his second turn, Kaleff will complete the move, so he stands invisibily next to the girl so that he threatens any others who try to complete the ritual.

Edit: And way to go Stampy!

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:29 PM
Stampy! What a great name. Had we already christened him/her that, or is that new? Either way, it's a keeper!

Since the words in abyssal would seem to be part of the ritual, I think that both Azakan and the dwarf have triggered Kaleff's conditions for attacking. I'd say you're in good shape to go ahead and smack em!

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 06:36 PM
Yeah, thought so, wasn't it TGS? Simpsons reference, if I remember correctly.

And I'll include where Azakan is standing in the second grease spell, if acceptable. Trying to get a picture of where I can get to, with the peeps charging and all. Will actually stand atop the alter, if possible, to defend the girl. Definitely jumping off if she somehow gets stabbed and the ritual completed.

Dagger Attacks!
[roll0]+1 if standing on alter
[roll1]+1 if standing on alter
DaggerDamage! Plus SS!
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

Edit: Thought for a moment Kaleff wouldn't be able to get to the girl if there's another guard in front of him, but he has the spiderclimb boots, so he can walk over the lip for a second, then up and around. :smallbiggrin:

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:43 PM
Plus, I'm guessing that Kaleff's attacks will get a +2 for him being invisible, and ignore dex to AC...sorry, I guess I'm feeling tense, and grasping for every straw.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 06:47 PM
d20+8

d20+14
d20+7

blah blah blah

knewsom
2008-12-01, 06:47 PM
yeah, kindof a tense battle... though it must be extra tense for you with your HP so low and almost being killed once already; I haven't lost a single HP - just you know, my body. :smallwink:

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 06:50 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

blah blah blah

Toliudar
Actually, you probably, um, (coughs) lost 24 points when I drove the elephant over you. But you got 11 of that back with the polymorph, so you're only down 13, I think.

Lycar
Oh okay. DC 16 reflex isn't so bad... [roll0]

But since Orin had 15 hp left, he's burnt to a crisp by Azakan. :smalleek:

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 06:51 PM
What was the DC of the grease spell again?
Since Kaleff doesn't get up there until right now, he wasn't able to attack them on their last turn, although he can stab one now with his standard action, I'll assume that's the dwarf from the description.

Toliudar
2008-12-01, 06:52 PM
Sh*t! Sorry, Lycar!

Well, we've got no shortage of priests with us, and the body is (more or less) intact. If Orin kept some of those diamonds, a raise dead should be forthcoming soon!

Lycar
2008-12-01, 06:57 PM
Can't be helped. He is a misplaced scribe after all. :smallwink:

Still, he took that dagger from Azakan. Maybe this buys you guys just enough time to stop these buggers.

Maybe Orin manages to (inadvertedly) cover the dagger he snatched und his burning body or something...

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 07:00 PM
Okay, defensive manifesting check for Azakan.
[roll0]
Kaleff must make a DC 18 fortitude save or take [roll1] cold damage. If he makes the save he still takes half damage.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 07:06 PM
Orin is a -1 HP, but stable.

Draven's go.

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 07:06 PM
The grease DC is only at 17, unfortunately.

He will, then, assuming the Dwarf succeeded in not slipping, and has passed his balance check (DC 10, but who knows...) blast the dwarf with an invisible Lesser Orb of Acid, warped into a ray. So...

Touch Attack (denied dex, too)
[roll]1d20+12[roll]
Damage
[roll0]
SS
[roll1]

I'm assuming there's no AoO, as he don't see him, though Kaleff would know better, and would pull up 5ft short before blasting away.

Thought of DDing away with the girl, but these guys just kill themselves. Better do that, first.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 07:09 PM
You've had your go for the turn, it's Draven next and then Govan and then you. At which point I doubt you'll want to shoot the Dwarf, since Azakan already killed him. So yeah, fort save?

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 07:09 PM
Once more...

Touch Attack (denied dex, too)
[roll0]

And, if the guy starts to cast again, and Kaleff managed to get close enough without being AoOed here's he own AoO (should still be dexless, thanks to Greater Invisiblity)

Attack
[roll1]
Damage/SS
[roll2] [roll3]

knewsom
2008-12-01, 07:10 PM
hang on, need to lookup attack info for a cave troll... and, do I have my class abilities now?

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 07:12 PM
Ugh, so much for all that.

Fort [roll0]

Kaleff got Deathward, too, no? This probably doesn't affect it, though...

knewsom
2008-12-01, 07:17 PM
what book is cave troll in? I can't find it on the SRD, or in the first two monster manuals, both of which I have on my laptop... If I need to hunt down a new book, please let me know and I'll get on it.

If someone else knows the stats, please inform me.

I'm guessing that if he has his class abilities, he'll LOA to Azakan's face, if not, he'll full round attack on Govan and try to remove him from the equation (and protect Ismal).

The Great Skenardo
2008-12-01, 07:19 PM
Monster Manual III. It's a favorite of mine :smallbiggrin:
Lessee...rend, improved grab...and I don't think you get fast healing.

Lycar
2008-12-01, 07:20 PM
Huh, Orin's back among the (mostly) living.

That was fast. :smallbiggrin:

It is really a bit sad that we seem to need to ... er... 'mercy kill' Azakan. But then again, maybe our torn country will only find peace if the scourge of Gothul and the Zeres alike is washed away from it...

Or maybe Orin wakes up and actually rolls something higher then a 4 on his next diplomacy check...

Lycar

knewsom
2008-12-01, 07:28 PM
got it, that was a quick acquisition! I have it at home, but not here, now I have it both!

cave troll full round attack on arch-douche govan:

claw1: damage [roll1]

claw2: [roll2] damage [roll3]

if both claws hit, then rend: [roll4]

bite [roll5] damage [rol]1d8+9

and if I get another claw attack from haste, I'll gladly take it:

claw: [roll6] damage [roll7]

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 09:04 PM
and, do I have my class abilities now?
No. Obviously you have Base Attack and so forth, but not class features like auras and line of acid.

Kaleff got Deathward, too, no? This probably doesn't affect it, though...
No, it's just a cold burst, not some sort of necromancy or negative energy attack. But you at least only take half damage.
How many HP do you have now?

Ozzy_G
2008-12-01, 09:25 PM
Okay, so it's Orin, Kaleff and Ismal's goes again. So is Kaleff shooting Azakan with a spell or something, like he was going to with the wizard? What are the other two doing?

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 11:42 PM
Uh, no... he'll run away.

Let me see... no Gothul, no dagger, no sacrifice? No problem. And that wasn't a directed blast, and he took out some of his people... maybe he's coming around?

He'll Dimension Hop out (as his ability) 20 ft away, to the ceiling if he can reach. Love those boots.

Oh, and Kaleff has 23 hp right now.

NobleSavage
2008-12-01, 11:48 PM
So here's a spot [roll0], in case anything interesting is happening. Still has See Invisibility up, too.

Toliudar
2008-12-02, 01:22 AM
Ismal and the elephant are essentially readying actions based on Azakan doing something aggressive - manifesting an attack, drawing a weapon, etc.

If the elephant has a path to Azakan that doesn't run over Draven, Orin, the priestess or, well, Ismal, it will move forward to gore him. Attack: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Ismal will simply magic missile him. [roll2] Damage

knewsom
2008-12-02, 01:55 AM
run me over if it helps, I've got loads of HP.

Lycar
2008-12-02, 03:26 AM
Orin is at -1 hp, so he isn't doing anything but breathing right now.
Which is, of course, a vast improvement over his state before the priestess revived him. :smallamused:

Lycar

Ozzy_G
2008-12-02, 10:28 AM
Ismal realises he's casting Empowered Flame Strike.
You can take an attack of opportunity if you want to try and disrupt it.

Toliudar
2008-12-02, 10:35 AM
You know, I don't think I will. For all sorts of reasons. However, I will add a very quick mental note to the IC thread.

Ozzy_G
2008-12-02, 10:45 AM
Kaleff is actually out of the blast area, luckily.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Great Skenardo
2008-12-02, 10:48 AM
Ouch. That's some crispy scion right there.

Toliudar
2008-12-02, 11:16 AM
Ah the immortal "fall from a great height" climactic death. Well played, Ozzy.

Dispel check, targeting the baleful polymorph: [roll0]

Toliudar
2008-12-02, 11:18 AM
And, since that first one won't have worked, here's her second try (and third and fourth, as needed.):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ozzy_G
2008-12-02, 12:09 PM
The second one succeeds.

Orin just healed 140 HP.

Toliudar
2008-12-02, 12:44 PM
Wow! Orin has hit points to spare and share around.

Ismal is walking down the side of the pit - not the side of the obelisk! - and will maintain mental contact with the others for as long as she can. With dragonsight, she's got 4x LLV and 110' darkvision, so I'm hoping she doesn't have to get TOO close to find out what's going on down there.

Because we all know what happens when you gaze into the abyss...

knewsom
2008-12-02, 01:04 PM
Toli, how many HP was that I just healed you?