PDA

View Full Version : Saga Question (KotOR guidebook)

Talya
2008-11-24, 10:15 AM
Dual Weapon Flourish I: When weilding only two light melee weapons or two lightsabers, whenever you make a single attack as a standard action with one weapon, you can make a single attack with the other weapon as a free action against the same target. You apply normal penalties for fighting with two weapons with this attack.

It would seem to me, that the two weapon fighting penalty only applies to the free attack, not the standard action attack, by the wording of this talent. So, assuming you have only Dual Weapon Mastery I, you'd make your standard attack at full attack bonus, and your offhand at -5. Am I wrong?

Vagnarok
2008-11-24, 11:07 AM
It would seem to me, that the two weapon fighting penalty only applies to the free attack, not the standard action attack, by the wording of this talent. So, assuming you have only Dual Weapon Mastery I, you'd make your standard attack at full attack bonus, and your offhand at -5. Am I wrong?

Well, seeing as you're wielding 2 weapons, that doesn't seem correct from a logical standpoint, but hey, we're not being logical, we're roleplaying!

Anyway, the pluralization of the word "penalties" implies that both attacks have the penalty applied to them. I'm pretty sure that you attack as though you were using 2 weapons normally, but then I don't know what the point of the ability is...

Uin
2008-11-24, 11:10 AM
Rodney had to go onto the Wizards Saga forums an clarify the whole two-handed Weapon Finesse+Weapon Focus, Flourish, Master of Elegance thing. The words in the book do not resemble designer intent.

The words, as exactly quoted, would lead to your conclusion. I'm sure most people reading it never noticed. Many Dual Weapon Mastery characters would have the third feat and therefore this would become a non-issue higher up.

Talya
2008-11-24, 11:25 AM
Rodney had to go onto the Wizards Saga forums an clarify the whole two-handed Weapon Finesse+Weapon Focus, Flourish, Master of Elegance thing. The words in the book do not resemble designer intent.

The words, as exactly quoted, would lead to your conclusion. I'm sure most people reading it never noticed. Many Dual Weapon Mastery characters would have the third feat and therefore this would become a non-issue higher up.

Got a link to that thread?