PDA

View Full Version : [Org]{Item} The Order of the Rusty Kettle

Vaynor
2006-08-08, 01:28 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Mephibosheth85/Kettle.gif

The Order of the Rusty Kettle

"And his Holiness, The Match, he doth grant thy Holy Flame!

He granteth the Flame when the world doth deserve the holy might of His Kettle!

And the Kettle shall grant the follower's of His Holiness many rewards!

And all shall be happy, when the time of The Match is once more!"

-Excerpt from the Holy Book of His Holiness The Match

The Order of the Rusty Kettle is a little-known group of people, striving to accomplish their goal at all costs. They will sacrifice their very lives if it helps their just cause. With their church in the middle of a large desert, they have set up where The Match was last seen, and await his return.

The Order of the Rusty Kettle strives to rid the world of evil, in order to have The Match judge the world worthy of The Kettle of Power, and will light the flame of the Stove of Rightiousness, which will rid The Kettle of it's rustiness, thus allowing it to come into it's full power once more.

Vaynor
2006-08-08, 01:28 AM
TOOTRK is made up of mainly Lawful Good members. Any non-evil member can join though.

TOOTRK has little monetary resources, and a small amount of members, but they still pursue their dream. A member gains no special benefits except the support of the guild if they are in dire need.

To become a member of The Order of the Rusty Kettle, you must fulfill the following requirements:
You must be non-evil
You must have the True Believer feat (CD)
You must believe in/worship The Match
You have to destroy an evil in the world (>CR 5)

The High Priest Nahp-Kiin
Cleric 15/Paladin 5
The High Priest Nahp-Kiin is the order's founder's son, and lives to fulfill his father's dream. He is a decent fellow, yet eccentric in his ways. He is known to have quite a temper, but cleans up disagreements quite well.

The Holy Flame
Paladin 15
The Holy Flame is TOOTRK general of arms, and leads any large-scale attacks. He is ferociously religious, and would follow his people to the ends of the earth. Though slightly daft and naive, he makes up for it through courage and bravery.

Buddar Nyfe
Commoner 4/Paladin 1
Buddar is the keeper of the church, and aspires to become a great warrior for the order one day. Still in his training, he spends the rest of his days cleaning the establishment.

Races Allowed: Any non-evil race
Racial Make-up:
- 75% Human
- 10% Half-Elven
- 3% Halfling
- 7% Gnome
- 5% Other

Classes Allowed: Any non-evil class
Class Make-up:
- 50% Cleric
- 25% Paladin
- 10% Ranger
- 10% Monk
- 5% Other

Vaynor
2006-08-08, 01:29 AM
tinyurl.com/zbzb9

Begun in the worst of times, and hopefully ending in the best, The Order of the Rusty Kettle seeks to destroy evil, all evil. When a lonely man, walking through the desert, found a shrine to a long-forgotten god, he read the inscription before it.

"When all evil hath been destroyed, all evil will be gone, and good shall prosper."

The lonely man took a liking to this inscription, and decided to revive this ancient faith, through course of a new church, and members. He built that church, and wrote a book of His Holiness The Match. He went to towns, villages, cities, recruiting people to his cause, and many followed him back to that shrine. Their church grew and prospered, and so did their power, but then, something terrible happened.

The Match revoked his faith in his people, judging them not worthy of his might, and imprisoned all of their power into a giant, rusty kettle. The hung this kettle in the church, hoping that one day The Match would deem them worthy for their power, and strike His holy head upon The Stove of Righteousness, which lay below it.

They still wait to this day, attempting to destroy evil even without their mighty power, and hope, hope for His Holiness to grant their purpose life once more.

Knowledge (Local) Checks (or Bardic Knowledge)

10 The Order of The Rusty Kettle is an organization with a church off in the desert.
15 The Order seeks to destroy evil, but their god has revoked them of their mighty power.
20 They can get this power back, if their god deems them worthy again.

Adventure Hooks
The Match has deemed the world worthy, and will soon light the Stove of Righteousness. The players must protect The Stove until then.
The world is very close to being deemed worthy, but one more great evil must be destroyed. TOOTRK has enlisted the help of the players to do this.
The Stove has been stolen, and the players have been recruited by TOOTRK to retrieve it.

Vaynor
2006-08-08, 01:29 AM
The Stove of Righteousness

The Stove of Righteousness is a heavily guarded artifact prized by The Order of The Rusty Kettle, and resides in their main church in the desert. The Stove, powerless unless lit by His Holiness The Match, has great power, if used correctly.

The Stove of Righteousness has many powers, and many protections to increase it's might. Any good creature within 40 ft. of The Stove of Righteousness gains DR 15/magic. Any evil creature within 40 ft. of The Stove of Righteousness cannot teleport, turn invisible, and is smitten with 3d6 good damage every round. Any evil creature within line of sight of The Stove of Righteousness or with one mile of it is outlined in a deep red aura. The Stove of Righteousness has spell-like abilities, including the following: At will; Sanctuary, Protection from Evil/Chaos, Gentle Repose, Atonement, Create Food and Water, Mass Cure Light Wounds, Scrying, Locate Object, Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law/Magic, Discern Lies; 3/day, Dispel Evil/Chaos, Greater Scrying, True Seeing, Mass Heal, Plane Shift; 1/day, Holy Aura, True Resurrection. All spells are cast at 20th CL.

Cannot be created/bought, unless you're a god of at least DR 17. Gift of Life, Craft Artifact, Create Greater Object.

Everyman
2006-08-08, 06:41 PM
This looks...interesting. ;D

I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Vaynor
2006-08-08, 08:07 PM
This looks...interesting. ;D

I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Thank you, I have some good ideas, just need to get them written down. ;)

Oh, and by the way for anyone that doesn't know, this is a humor entry... :P

Mephibosheth
2006-08-28, 06:14 PM
I can't really comment on the balance of your item, except to say that its powers, while significant, don't seem that overwhelming and that the specific (and apparently rare) conditions under which it functions offset its significant powers.

I do, however, know that damage reduction X/+2, X/+3, etc. were replaced by damage reduction X/magic in 3.5, and that the past tense of "smite" is "smote" or "smitten." I believe, in your case, the correct term would be "smote," as in "is smote with 3d6 good damage every round." But I could be wrong. I can't remember the exact difference between "smote" and "smitten."

Other than that, I really like your entry, especially the artwork ;). Nice job!

Mephibosheth

Vaynor
2006-08-28, 06:17 PM
I can't really comment on the balance of your item, except to say that its powers, while significant, don't seem that overwhelming and that the specific (and apparently rare) conditions under which it functions offset its significant powers.

I do, however, know that damage reduction X/+2, X/+3, etc. were replaced by damage reduction X/magic in 3.5, and that the past tense of "smite" is "smote" or "smitten." I believe, in your case, the correct term would be "smote," as in "is smote with 3d6 good damage every round." But I could be wrong. I can't remember the exact difference between "smote" and "smitten."

Other than that, I really like your entry, especially the artwork ;). Nice job!

Mephibosheth
Thank you, changes will be made. ;D

Oh yes, the artwork is awesome, huh? ;)