PDA

View Full Version : Arq Kujos Solo Game

Babale
2008-11-24, 05:37 PM
OOC: Arq, please write a short introduction with your backstory and post your character sheet here.

Also, say where you want to start the game.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 05:46 PM
Here is my new character sheet, with the correct number of skill points!
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=93404

Arron Questef is the son of a slave that earned his independence from his merchant master. He later bought his wife from him and became a merchant himself. Arron was born in the spring, and grew up fast. He traveled all over with his parents, and visited many cultures as a child. This caused him to develop a deep wander lust and a desire to seek fortune and fame where ever he can find it. He left his family at age 20, after working with his father. He has explored many ruins, but none of them were challenging or worth his time. Now, he searches for the next big ruin, temple, or forgotten tomb that could bring him that much closer to fame.

I'd like him to be leaving a small town, on his way to explore an abandoned temple that was built into some mountains or in a forest, or something.

Babale
2008-11-24, 05:51 PM
Arron stood in the sun, sweating. Before him lay the Great Forest of Rain. In it were rumored to be the remains of a temple that contains a staff. This staff, according to legend, contains the souls of all of it's past owners, including a great mage whose name was lost to time. Supposedly, whoever holds the staff can speak with it's past owners and draw on their power.

Unfourtunetly, Arron's hometown's Adventurers Guild was already three days ahead of him. And they stole his map. All he could do was track them down.

OOC: Please don't take this as railroad plotting, I just wanted to introduce your competition.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:00 PM
(Those bitches! Haha, Nice opening. I'm impressed.)

"I'll be damned if I let a forest slow me down." He stopped and examined the trees. Some of them where massive, older than some of the surrounding kingdoms. "I guess I will have to follow their trail and take the staff from them when they least expect it." After taking a moment to wipe the sweat from his brow, Arron will begin to hunt for a trail to track his foes.

[roll0] to track them down.

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:03 PM
Although you are very tired from three days with no sleep, you still manage to easily follow the tracks. Many branches are broken on the way. It's almost as if the guild wants you to follow...

OOC: Wow, you really butchered your track check...

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:12 PM
"Why are they making this so easy? I know they have better trackers." Arron examined the trail and then decides to follow it anyway. "I won't find anything just standing around here, so I might as well follow the trail they left me." However, Arron is going to move into the underbrush of the woods and try to stay to the right of the trail, to prevent anyone from getting the drop on him.

OOC: Thanks. I just used the forums roller to make it fair. Sometimes it likes me, sometimes it hates me. D&D can be just as cruel, if not worse.

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:14 PM
You leave the trail, sticking to the underbrush. You notice a few strange plants.

OOC: Please make a survival check.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:17 PM
OOC: YAY!

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:18 PM
OOC: Great. I hate this online dice roller. I know it is necessary to be fair, but I f'n hate it.

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:23 PM
OOC: lol....

Arron continues to wander through the foliage. No matter how hard he tries, he cannot find the name of the plant. Suddenly, he begins to feel itchy.

OOC: Make a fortitude save.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:25 PM
OOC: Wow, I am having a bad day. Haha, at least it is fair. Come on Dice Roller!

[roll0]

Succeed or fail, wouldn't the itchy feeling grant him a bonus on the check to identify the plant?

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:27 PM
OOC: Right, you rules lawyer! (just kidding).

Please roll another survival check and add 5.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:32 PM
OOC: Ouch, that almost hurt, except for my wicked awesome Fort save! Haha.

Ok, [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:33 PM
OOC: Oh, that figures. Haha. *face palm*

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:36 PM
Although Arron can't figure out what the plants are, even with his bad luck of touching them. However, he figures out that it's probably a bad idea to stay in the foliage.

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:37 PM
OOC: The funny thing is? When I made secret spot or sense motive checks for the other two players, they both got almost all of the rolls over 20.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:44 PM
OOC: No, that isn't funny at all. It is pretty sad, actually.

"I'm a little itchy. I know I have seen this before somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can remember where." However, Arron decides to follow his gut and reenter the path, rather than remain in the foliage. I still don't like this. Arron will draw his bow and continue to travel.

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:46 PM
OOC: Make a spot and listen check.

IC: As you walk, you get the strangest feeling that you are being watched.

OOC: First time I butchered a secret roll!

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 06:48 PM
OOC: At least it isn't just me. :smallsigh:

Search [roll0]

Spot [roll1]

Babale
2008-11-24, 06:55 PM
You hear a crunching sound, like a man's footsteps. Looking behind you, you notice a group of men in the trees. All are wearing loincloths and holding strange bows as long as they are tall. They each carry a quiver of arrows. None of them make an aggressive move. Instead, they simply stand and watch.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 07:02 PM
OOC: Did you approve me having the Draconic language? I never got a ruling on that. And did you get my pm?

Arron will slowly lower his bow and try not to make any sudden movements. Obviously, these men are natives of the forest. I don't want to spook them. Arron will slowly continue walking. I have got to keep an eye on them. They don't seem hostile, and I am not looking for a fight.

OOC: I do my character's thoughts in colored Italics.

Babale
2008-11-24, 07:52 PM
The men watch as you walk away, following in the trees.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 09:30 PM
Arron will continue to walk until he gets to the temple.

Babale
2008-11-24, 11:46 PM
Please make another survival check for tracking.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 11:53 PM
OOC: Hey, welcome back

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-24, 11:55 PM
OOC: Eh, guess it still isn't my day.

Babale
2008-11-25, 12:27 AM
Suddenly, Arron notices that the tracks disappear. And so do the natives. What do you do?

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 12:52 AM
OOC: There is no trail at all? Then I guess Arron will try to double back and pick the trail back up. He doesn't have a map and the natives are gone. That is, unless the DM has a better idea? And you never answered my questions.

"Damn, where did they go?" Arron slowly turned around and tried to regain his bearings. "That adventure guild is going to pay for stealing my map. I worked hard to get that."

OOC: Here is another survival check to pick up the trail again.

[roll0]

Babale
2008-11-25, 12:58 AM
OOC: By trail, I meant the trail of tracks, broken sticks, etc. from the guild.

You pick up the trail again, although the natives are still gone.

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 12:59 AM
OOC: HAHA! Finally!

Babale
2008-11-25, 01:00 AM
And now it starts to rain.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 01:10 AM
OOC: Rain? :smalleek: Do you hate me?

"Just great. I'd better hurry before the trail is washed away." Arron will start to pick up the pace and hurry towards the temple. He will say a quick prayer as he goes, for luck and divine favor. Arron will also pull his hood up over his head.

Babale
2008-11-25, 01:12 AM
OOC: Roll a 1d4, please.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 01:20 AM
OOC: I was kidding, earlier, btw. I forgot that sarcasm is almost worthless on the internet if you don't point it out.

[roll0]

Babale
2008-11-25, 01:21 AM
OOC: What, about the rain? I think I figured it out. Rolled a natural 20 on my Sense Motive.

Toll a listen check with -5 for the heavy rain on the leaves.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 01:27 AM
OOC: Ok. Dice Roller, please be nice to me.

[roll0]

Babale
2008-11-25, 01:30 AM
OOC: I think it doesn't like you. :tongue:

You walk through the foliage, still tracking. The heavy rain stops you from hearing any noises. Suddenly, the forest is alive with darts flying all around you.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

OOC: Continued tommorow.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 01:31 AM
OOC: No kidding. So, my AC is 14. Unless you want it Flat Footed, cause then it is 12. :smallsigh:

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 01:39 AM
OOC: Despite my constant sighing, this is actually great fun. It is just a little scary because I am all by myself. :smallbiggrin:

Just to let you know, I'm going home for Thanksgiving, so I may not be on quite as much this week. I'll make up for it next week. And I will still try to post when ever I can. :smallsmile:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Babale
2008-11-25, 12:45 PM
OK.

Surprise Round Aftermath
You feel the sting of two arrows, neither doing a lot of damage. The other three arrows fly past you. You turn and notice five natives, all holding darts and blowguns. All are about twenty feet away.

First round

Roll for initiative.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 09:23 PM
OOC: Yes sir.

"I had hoped we could have been more civil than this." Arron draws his bow and aims at the nearest warrior.

Inititive: [roll0]

Arrow will shoot at the closest guy to him when it is his turn.
[roll1]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-25, 09:25 PM
OOC: I forgot to roll damage.

[roll0]

Babale
2008-11-26, 12:23 AM
All 6 use their turns to reload their blowguns.

OOC: Make a fort save

Arq Kujos
2008-11-26, 10:26 AM
"Stop firing at me! What do you want?"

Fort Save: [roll0]

Babale
2008-11-26, 12:20 PM
Round 2

All 6 shoot their blowguns at you:

[roll0]<---One guy you hit earlier
YOUR ROLL
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Babale
2008-11-26, 12:27 PM
Three darts sink into your flesh. The natives hoot and cheer as you feel the sting of the arrows.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Babale
2008-11-26, 12:29 PM
((You have 5 hp left. Also, was your torch lit?))

Please shoot, run, etc.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-26, 01:27 PM
OOC: Are these the same natives as earlier?

Arron will fire back at them and then take off in the general direction the trail from earlier was taking him.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Arq Kujos
2008-11-26, 01:29 PM
OOC: And to answer your question, no, I don't have a lit torch. I didn't think it was that dark. All you said is that is was raining, and it seems silly to me to lit a torch in the rain. You aren't going to kill me, are you?

Babale
2008-11-26, 01:54 PM
OOC: No, I won't kill you. :smallsmile:

IC: You let loose an arrow, killing one of the natives instantly. The others turn and run. You head off in the temple's direction.

OOC: Please make 3 fort saves.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-26, 09:47 PM
OOC: Thanks for the reassurance. :smallsmile: I had a DM kill me twice in a campaign. My first character died the first night, my next one lasted about 3 more sessions. I got mad after that and left. :smallannoyed:

IC: "Damn. That was close. I'd better try to bandage myself up."

Heal Check to remove the arrows and bandage self up, thus increasing the rate at which my hit points return. [roll0]

And 3 Fort saves:

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Babale
2008-11-26, 10:00 PM
((Nice, only saved one fort save))

After a few minutes of walking, your sight begins to cloud and go black around the edges. Minutes later, you fall asleep.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-26, 10:02 PM
OOC: That 19 didn't save? Damn.

IC: "Zzzzzzz"

Babale
2008-11-27, 12:41 AM
((No, the 4 didn't save.))

You wake up three hours later, in a dark tent. Your hands are tied behind your back, and your legs are tied to the floor.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-28, 05:19 PM
"Where the hell?" Arron tries to look around, but his vision is still slightly blurry. "My head hurts."

Babale
2008-11-29, 01:25 AM
A tall man in red leather clothes walks into the tent. Hello, Arron. he says, smiling. But there is no humor in his smile. You recognize your nemesis, the leader of the Adventurer's Guild, Teran Sanger.

Arq Kujos
2008-11-29, 11:14 AM
OOC: I have a nemesis!? Whoa, that is awesome. Let me guess, now he takes the golden idol away from me and then sends his natives to kill me. Oh wait, that was Indiana Jones.:smalltongue:

"Poison. How very like you." Arron will sit up and turn to face him. "So, not only do you steal my map, but now you tie me up and hold me against my will in this tent. What's the matter, can't handle a little friendly competition?"