PDA

View Full Version : Polymorph and nonlethal damage

goram.browncoat
2008-11-25, 04:22 AM
I had a question in regards to how polymorph interacts with non-lethal damage.

polymorph/wildshape: "Upon changing, the subject regains lost hit points as if it had rested for a night"

injury: "With a full night's rest (8 hours of sleep or more), you recover 1 hit point per character level."

injury: "You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level."

From this i would surmise that when polymorphing (or wildshaping) a character would regain 8 time his character level in nonlethal damage ("or more" technically, but thats ridiculous). Is this correct?

This would seem really strong when combined with some sort of regeneration (through enhance wildshape spell or whatever other kind of trickery) as in that case you take mostly nonlethal damage.

But then maybe im missing something really obvious that makes it not work.

jcsw
2008-11-25, 04:30 AM
If you find a way to get regeneration, then yeah.
You can also get fast healing, which counts as natural healing. So when you polymorph you heal 4800 times your fast healing value.

goram.browncoat
2008-11-25, 05:09 AM
If you find a way to get regeneration, then yeah.
You can also get fast healing, which counts as natural healing. So when you polymorph you heal 4800 times your fast healing value.

Hrmmz, i suppose. That then becomes entirely ridiculous (and unnecessary, but that aside). I somehow feel that it shouldnt work though (just as I somehow feel that the nonlethal thing shouldnt work either, its just, I cant immediatly see why it shouldnt :)