Cute_Riolu
2008-11-25, 03:58 PM
Healer’s Lore
Your study of healing allows you to make the most of
your healing prayers. When you grant healing with
one of your cleric powers that has the healing keyword,
add your Wisdom modifier to the hit points the
recipient regains.

Does this mean that in powers with healing as the keyword, you would add your wisdom to the amount of regen?

KKL
2008-11-25, 04:04 PM
Yep.

Enjoy your huge regeneration.

NecroRebel
2008-11-25, 04:15 PM
No.

You add your Wisdom modifier to the hit points regained. If you add it to the amount of regeneration you gain, you would add many times your Wisdom modifier to the hit points regained. This is not what the ability does, so this is not what happens.

Instead, you would gain your Wisdom modifier in hit points once at some point during the duration of the power that granted regeneration; probably immediately on being affected by it.

Edea
2008-11-25, 04:31 PM
Does this mean that in powers with healing as the keyword, you would add your wisdom to the amount of regen?

Well, not the way you worded it, as this only applies to Cleric powers. It most certainly doesn't work with Divine Regeneration (a Demigod Epic Destiny power, not a Cleric power), if that's what you're curious about. Actually, how many Cleric powers grant regeneration, I wonder...

Cute_Riolu
2008-11-26, 02:46 PM
Nope, I was just generally curious. Thanks for the response.

TempusCCK
2008-11-26, 07:08 PM
Looks like a matter of interpretation to me. For instance, do you consider every time you regenerate, is that hit points gained? Or is hit points gained the overall amount of hit points?

Nothing in the text points to either specificially. Up to the DM's interpretation of the issue.

NPCMook
2008-11-26, 07:11 PM
Yep.

Enjoy your huge regeneration.

If this were true ongoing damage and Vulnerability should stack, which they do not.

KKL
2008-11-26, 07:15 PM
Ongoing damage of different sourches stack, whereas vulnerabilities, as far as I know, do not. Although they cancel out or fight with resist.

Kurald Galain
2008-11-27, 04:42 AM
Ongoing damage of different sourches stack, whereas vulnerabilities, as far as I know, do not. Although they cancel out or fight with resist.

Ongoing damage of the same type (e.g. fire) from different sources does not stack.