PDA

View Full Version : LoZ IV: Protoss and Terrans Beware! - Recruiting

Shadowcaller
2008-11-25, 04:50 PM
Life of a Zergling (LoZ) IV: Protoss and Terrans Beware!

Current Champion: Murska(Again)

Yes, I'm going to narrate two games at once:smalleek:, purely because its a Starcraft Competition up in structured games right now. and because the overmind told me so...
I'm accepting offer of co-narration if anyone want to ease my load (and come up with better narrations then I do for this game).

The Rules

This game will consist of one round that will be repeated until there is only one player left in the game.
During every round all players can choose between the following four actions (or use a special ability):

Actions
Attack (Vote for another player)
This is done by sending your vote to the game leader. The player with the most votes every round will be removed from the game and all his energy will be splinted as equally as possible between the players that voted for the player that was lynched.
The first players that voted for the lynched player will get the largest share of that Energy if it can’t be divided equally.
If you voted for a player that was not lynched this round you will lose 1 Energy.

Gather Energy
This option will let you gain 1 Energy this round, after a number of rounds this option will no longer be available.

Burrow
You borrow yourself in the ground, protection yourself from incoming attacks and abilities.
Burrow will make you immune to all attack votes and special abilities used against you unless the players used the additional action “Call Overlord” this round.

Scout
You will spy on another zerg finding out what they are doing and how energetic they are.

Select a player, at the end of the round you will learn what kind of action that player used during that round and how much energy he/she had at the beginning and the end of the round. You will also learn what type of zerg they are.

Defend
This Action will make you vote against the first player the vote against you during this turn. This "defense" vote also increases your votes point value by 1. So if a Hydralisk would defend and get attacked its vote will count as 3 instead of 2.
If the player you voted for dies you will share his energy with the other players that voted for him but if you fail to kill him or you don't even got voted for you will lose 1 energy.

Note: If a player doesn't use any actions or special abilities for two rounds he/she is killed by protoss and his/her energy is lost to everyone.

Additional Actions
These actions can be used along with normal actions for some extra energy. Only one additional action can be used each round.

First Strike, Can be used with attack and defend.
Your attack vote will count as the first vote made during this round unless someone else used this ability before you. Costs 1 energy to use.

Spy, Can be used with any type of action.
Target another player, you will find out what type of zerg they are, what action they used this round and how much energy they have.
Costs 1 energy to use.

Double Strike, Can be used with attack.
You will vote for one additional player to attack, this can't be the same player you used your normal attack against, otherwise it functions like a normal attack.
Costs 1 energy to use.

Call Overlord, Can be used with any type of action.
Using some of metal energy you call upon a zerg Overlord and control it for one round.
The Overlord will make you able to detect players that are burrowed so you can use attack-votes and special abilities on them.
Costs 1 Energy to use.

Mind Connection, Can be used with any type of action.
You offer an alliance to another player, if that player accepts he will also lose 2 energy.

This alliance is permanent and will prevent you from attacking or use any other hostile actions against each other. In addition you can give the other player in the alliance energy as a free action if you like.
If you 2 are the only remaining players you both win.

An alliance can only consist of 2 players.

Energy
It’s your energy that makes you able to attack and defend yourself against the other zergs, if you would lose all your energy you will automatically die.

Every player will start with 5 Energy that they can use however they want, but be careful that it doesn't run out.

Mutation Forms
You can sacrifice some of your energy to transform yourself into other species of zergs, to transform will make you unable to take any other actions for one round.

You start of as a Zergling but can mutate yourself into all kind of forms. Once you have mutated into another form you can't change it unless you mutate from a mutalisk to a guardian or from a hydralisk to a lurker.

Hydralisk, 4 Energy: Your attack vote count as 2 instead of 1. Your vote counts as having occurred before all other attack votes as by the rules of first strike.

Lurker, Requires Hydralisk from, 2 energy: Your vote count as 2 instead of 1 and you are always under the effect of burrow without it costing any energy.

Ultralisk, 5 Energy: Your attack vote counts as 3 instead of 1 and the vote of the player you attacked is reduced to 0 if that zerg is a Roach, Hydralisk, Zergling, Ultralisk or a Lurker.

Roach, 4 Energy: All attack-votes made against you have a 50 % chance of be reduced to 0 and all special abilities used on you have a 25 % chance of having no effect at all.

Your vote count as 2 instead of 1 but will occur last when all the votes are counted.

Mutalisk, 4 Energy: Votes made against you by Zerglings, Ultralisks, Lurkers and Guardians only counts as 0.5 instead of their normal amount, but you lose the ability to burrow.
In addition every time you choose to attack a target you may select an additional player to attack, under the same rules as double strike.

Then when you use double strike you may attack 2 additional players still under the same rules as double strike.

Corrupter, 4 Energy: You are a flier, meaning that attacks by Zerglings, Ultralisks, Lurkers and Guardian count as only 0.5 against you. You can no longer vote or burrow but gain the following ability: Corruption.

Guardian, Requires Mutalisk form, 2 Energy: Like the mutalisk votes made against you by Zerglings, Ultralisks, Lurkers and other Guardians count as 0.5 instead of their normal amount.
Your vote count as 3 instead of 1 but you can't burrow.

Devourer, Requires Mutalisk from, 2 Energy: Like the mutalisk votes made against you by Zerglings, Ultralisks, Lurkers and other Guardians count as 0.5 instead of their normal amount.

Your vote count as 3 against Mutalisk, Queens, Guardians, Corrupters, and other Devourers but only as 0.5 against Zerglings, Hydralisks, Defilers, Roaches, Ultralisks and Lurkers.

Defiler, 3 Energy: You can no longer vote but you will gain the following abilities: Consume, Dark Swarm and Plague.

Queen, 3 Energy: You are a flier like the Mutalisk and the guardian. Therefore votes made against you by Zerglings, Ultralisks, Lurkers and Guardians only count as 0.5. Queens can't vote at all or burrow but have the following abilities:
Spawn Broodlings, Parasite and Ensnare.

Special Actions
Special actions can be used instead of the normal actions and tend to cost more Energy but are on the other hand more powerful.
Special actions always effect a player before normal action and additional actions dose.

Consume, Costs 2 energy to use: Select a player, if that player would die during this round you will gain all his/her energy. This may be used on a player that you are in an alliance with.

Corruption, Costs 1 Energy to use: Infects another Zerg with spores, corrupting them from within.
If the corrupter uses this ability on a Zerg the same round that zerg die that zerg will now become a "pet" to the Corrupter.

The pet is unofficially dead so the player that controlled it is out of the game. The pet will keep all the energy it had before it died but the Corrupter can't use this energy for its own abilities.
The Corrupter can use one action and the attack action or a special ability of one of its pets during the same round.
If the pet would gain energy in any way, that energy will be transfered to the Corrupter instead, once the pet runs out of energy its gone from the game. Also the pet will lose 1 energy at the end of every round.

Dark Swarm, Costs 1 Energy to use: Summon a swarm of small flying creatures to protect yourself or another Zerg from ranged attacks for one round.
The Zerg is protected from votes made by Roaches, Hydralisks, Mutalisks, Devourers and Guardians (this is reducing attack votes made by them on the selected player to 0).

Ensnare, Costs 1 Energy to use: Ensnares another Zerg in a sticky green fluid making them unable to move. If that Zerg would make any action prevent it, the energy cost of that action is still spent.

Parasite, Costs 2 Energy to use: Infecting another Zerg with a parasite. At the end of every round after you have infected it, the queen will return to the infected zerg to collect 1 energy from its parasite (this will not reduce the energy from the infected zerg just increase your own energy).

It will also find out what the infected zerg did during his turn. The parasite can only infect one zerg at the time.

Plague, Costs 1 Energy to use: Sickens another Zerg making it lose 2 Energy before it can recover, and 1 energy at the end of the round. This means that their action will take effect.

Spawn Broodlings, Costs 3 Energy to use: Infecting another Zerg with broodlings, killing it and its energy is lost to everyone, this also prevents the zerg from doing any non-burrow actions.

Changes in this version:

Changed the Burrow action and added the "Call Overlord" to the additional actions because of this.

The Hydralisk now have the first strike ability without have to use the additional action.

Reduced the energy cost to mutate to a lurker from 3 to 2.

The Ultralisk now only reduces the vote of player it attacks if that player is a Zergling, Hydralisk, Roach, Ultralisk or a Lurker.

Spy can now be used with any type of action (could only be used with normal actions before).

The Mutalisk now can attack two targets without using double strike, it can attack three targets if it uses double strike.

Made some changes to the Roach and the Corrupter.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-27, 01:51 AM
The Game has sneaked its way into the structured forum...

Raroy
2008-11-27, 01:57 AM
I'm joining. I have to whore get my name out in the forum some how.

Recaiden
2008-11-27, 02:49 AM
In as a Bengallass

Murska
2008-11-27, 04:59 AM
You! The thread title is a CHALLENGE! I JOIN FOR ADUN! :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-27, 05:12 AM
You! The thread title is a CHALLENGE! I JOIN FOR ADUN! :smallamused:

Just note that you can role play as any race you want... but by the same rules of course...

Allysian
2008-11-27, 10:47 AM
I guess i'll play, I don't know what you do at all, but i'll play. *Ding!* :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2008-11-27, 02:40 PM
I will join...something to pass time with

Fan
2008-11-27, 02:43 PM
I join for the High Exectuars!
ENTARO TASSADAR! (new unit quote for the Zealots.:smallwink:)

Deathslayer7
2008-11-27, 02:53 PM
In with nukes. :smallamused:

Duos
2008-11-28, 07:16 PM
I'd be willing to co-narrate. I need XP for when I eventually run a game. And I would never be zee feelthy Zerg :smalltongue: So I have to contribute somehow.

Mustiado
2008-11-28, 08:19 PM
I'm so bad at this series of games... in again. :smallamused:

Flame of Anor
2008-11-29, 03:10 PM
This sounds awesome, I'm totally in! As Buzz Lightyear, of course.

DemonicAngel
2008-11-29, 03:29 PM
In I guess.

Raiser Blade
2008-11-29, 06:00 PM
In................................................ ....

Shadowcaller
2008-11-30, 06:57 AM
Open until the game got at least 15 players, and Duos I will contact you once the game is going to start.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-02, 06:14 AM
*Bump*

Still need some more players before this game will start.

Fostire
2008-12-12, 07:47 PM
I'll join.

Numberfourteen
2008-12-17, 01:56 PM
I'll play!

Duos
2008-12-28, 07:12 PM
*kerbump*
C'mon, people, don't tell me interest in this died so quickly. It's only in it's fourth incarnation! It wants to grow old and have grand-threads! It wants spin offs and stuff! Don't let it die just now! We only need a few more people to sign up. If you're bored, give it a go. Please let's not let this game die. It's inhumane, and stuff.