PDA

View Full Version : Dot connecting... *spoilers*

EmperorSarda
2008-11-25, 09:43 PM
It may have been discussed elsewhere and I may be re-iterating theories, but I think we will be seeing Haley's father soon.

We know that Team Evil will be going to Girard's gate next, thanks to Roy's question to the Oracle.
We know that Team Evil is preparing to leave Saphire City.
We know that Haley's Father is being ransomed, as seen from the note that she carries arround.
Assuming that what Bozzok told Haley about her Father is true, her dad is somewhere on the Western Continent.

I think we will find see the Order of the Stick head to the Western Continent and end up rescuing Mr. Starshine in the process. So that will be cool. We will probably see the Linear guild over there, probably thinking along the same lines and see Nale recruiting his father, or something.

I Also think that since it has been 8 days, that maybe the Cloister has worn off and that V is on werf's way. (werf = someone of unidentified gender)

So any thoughts, ideas to add to this?

Thant
2008-11-25, 10:35 PM
We know that Team Evil is preparing to leave Saphire City Azure City.

Fixed that for ya:smallwink:

someonenonotyou
2008-11-25, 10:42 PM
We know that Team Evil will be going to Girard's gate next, thanks to Roy's question to the Oracle.

no he siad within 1000 foot radis, and Girard's gate is protected by illusions so he could just pass over it without knowing it

EmperorSarda
2008-11-25, 10:47 PM
That is true that they could easily pass over it, but also since Redcloak was asking about the illusions in the first place, I think it stands to reason that they'll go there next.

Finding it is completely a different matter.

Zevox
2008-11-25, 10:52 PM
no he siad within 1000 foot radis, and Girard's gate is protected by illusions so he could just pass over it without knowing it
A 1,000 foot radius is pretty small geographically. If Xykon is going to be that close to it, there's little doubt he'll be deliberately looking for it, which was the point EmperorSarda was making. That'll be his next target.

Zevox

Hydro Globus
2008-11-26, 03:23 AM
Also, it's not like Girard's gate is on the way from Azure City to Kraagor's Gate...

David Argall
2008-11-26, 04:26 AM
All pretty much the standard theory

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-11-26, 08:44 AM
The twist would be that Haley's father was also Elan and Nale's father!

Eew! Gross! Luke kissed Leah! What if they had done "it"?!?! With freaky "Advanced Technique" methods! Bondage, cosplay... :smalltongue:

Nah, that has been done before... But what if Ian Starshine had worked out his own deal with Lord Tyrinar? Betrayal is a standard trope with rogue stories, especially selling out those who love and trust you most.

Hydro Globus
2008-11-26, 08:51 AM
You mean Ian Starshine - a first edition thief - would be this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html) person??

evileeyore
2008-11-26, 09:07 AM
You mean Ian Starshine - a first edition thief - would be this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html) person??

Considering that the prevailing theory is that is Lord Tyrinar... no. I don't think Haley and Elan have the same Father.

Rad
2008-11-26, 11:03 AM
Add to that that:

Vaarsuvius is flying towards the elven homelands, on the western continent.

EmperorSarda
2008-11-26, 11:54 AM
Add to that that:

Vaarsuvius is flying towards the elven homelands, on the western continent.

Are the elven homelands on the western continent? Also, how do we know that V isn't flying in the general direction of Haley?

fang_q
2008-11-26, 12:49 PM

He might have multi-classed.

Szilard
2008-11-26, 12:56 PM
I thought the generally accepted theory was that Haley's father is being ransomed by Nale's dad.