PDA

View Full Version : Reason for Haley's father to leave? (SPOILERS)

Klev
2008-11-25, 10:41 PM
I am just thinking, and this may be too much thought about it, but what if the reason of Haley's father leaving as to do with the big secret of Haley ? The one that she says in 309: "Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call... "

With Rich's way of writing and connecting little facts, I think this two small facts could go somewhere.

(Hah Now noticed and the strips are 309 and 609, that cannot be a coincidence :smallbiggrin: )

TigerHunter
2008-11-25, 10:54 PM
(Hah Now noticed and the strips are 309 and 609, that cannot be a coincidence :smallbiggrin: )
Sure it can.

Klev
2008-11-25, 10:55 PM
Sure it can.
I was just joking with that part :smalltongue:

David Argall
2008-11-26, 05:44 PM
I am just thinking, and this may be too much thought about it, but what if the reason of Haley's father leaving as to do with the big secret of Haley ? The one that she says in 309: "Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call... "

The sentence can be ended too many ways to be worth speculating on.

However the connection seems dubious here in any case. Dad went West for a reason Bozzak did not know, and Bozzak and Dad had been associates for many years, and Bozzak and Haley for a great many as well. So most secrets about Haley known to herself are known to Bozzak as well.

So the reason was either not related to Haley, or something she does not know about herself. A couple of ideas...

Dad was told Mom was a prisoner and he went to get her free. Unfortunately since the message was sent by her jailers, he walked into a trap.
Haley was adopted, and can be identified as royalty/whatever by her tramp stamp, details Dad never got around to telling her. Dad was told somebody had leaked this and he rushed off to plug the leak, again walking into a trap. [For the most part, nobody cared about a princess of a deposed king, and who had been missing for over 20 years and was a thousand miles away, but it made a decent excuse for luring Dad. Of course when Haley turns up on the scene, there will be complications.]