PDA

View Full Version : [Org] {Item} The /B/rotherhood

The Demented One
2006-08-08, 04:31 PM
"Elemental Plane of Water's closed. AIDS.

The /B/rotherhood is a strange and esoteric clan of drow. Appearing in mass numbers, the /b/rothers block off acccess to any body of water they can find, claiming it is tainted with mysterious diseases. Some think that the /b/rothers are renegade drow who worship a deity of fire, known as Moot, and believe that by closing off access to sources of water, their deitiy's immortality would be assured.

Stated Purpose
To defend all people from the danger of AIDS-tainted pools.

Actual Purpose
To piss people off by keeping them out of the pool.

Alignment
Chaotic Evil (Any non-lawful and non-good lignment acceptable)

GP Resources
The /B/rotherhood conferns no economic benefits to its members. While the exact amount in its coffers is unknown, members of the /B/rotherhood donate heavily to it, and the organization can generally acquire any item worth 40,000 gp or less with little difficulty.

Membership
Any Drow, or anyone who can take on the shape or appearance of a drow, can become a /b/rother. According to leaders of the /B/rotherhood, they do not care whether the /b/rothers are actual drow, as long as they all look the same.

Authority Figues

Moot, CE Evoker 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 8: The leader of the /B/rotherhood, Moot is worshipped as a god by his followers. He alone in the /B/rotherhood is allowed to claim an individual identity. Worshippers of Moot can gain divine spells. Moot grants the Chaos, Death, Evil, and Fire domains.

Other Important Figures

All members of the /B/rotherhood, besides Moot, are forced to remain anonymous. Thus, no one has acquired any real prestige or reputation. Rumors of "Moderators", powerful servants of Moot lurking within the /B/rotherhood, have been circulated, but never confirmed.

Racial Make-Up
-90% Drow
-10% Non-Drow who like to pretend

Class Make-Up
-30% Rogue
-20% Bard
-10% Cleric of Moot
-10% Wizard (5% Evokers)
-10% Fighter
-5% Barbarian
-5% Psion (3% Psychokineticists)
-10% Other

Origins
The /B/rotherhood had its origins as a small cult of renegade drow, centered around Moot. They gained great fame for their acts of perversity and vileness, which came to be called /b/astardy. However, the /B/rotherhood did not come into its own until an infamous event, when the /B/rotherhood somehow cut off all access to the Elemental Plane of Water. Anyone trying to plane shift to that blocked plane failed, receiving a telepathic message stating, simply, "Elemental Plane of Water's closed. AIDS." After that, the ranks of the /B/rotherhood surged, making them the force they are today.

Adventure Hooks
-A group of thirst-maddened PCs in a desert come across a cool, shady oasis...only to find it /b/locked by a solitary drow /b/rother.
-As the Elemental Plane of Fire comes into the proper alignment at the behest of the /B/rotherhood, Moot begins an ascenscion to the divine pantheon. Only by retreiving a legendary blade, the "Devourer of Band's Width", can the PCs hope to stop his vile ascenscion.

The Demented One
2006-08-08, 04:31 PM
'Fro Wig of Pool Closing
This oversized black wig, which takes up space as a hat, is one of the most powerful weapons of the /B/rotherhood. It has three effects, usable once per day each and triggered by command word. The first is a forcecage effect, which can only be used if a body of water is included in the area of this spell. The second is a dimensional anchor effect, which only blocks extraplanar travel to and from the Elemental Plane of Water. The final effect allows the wearer of the wig to separate a creature from any water in his body. This is a touch attack, usable once per day, which deals 15d6 points of dessication damage, with no save.

Strong Evocation and Necromancy, CL 15th. Craft Wondrous Item, dimensional lock, forcecage, horrid wilting. Cost 17,500 gp + 1,400 xp. Price 35,000 gp.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-08, 06:20 PM
I see what you did there...

;) Nicely done. Gave me a good laugh. I particularly like that you have all the members as drow (or pretending to be drow).

Nerd-o-rama
2006-08-09, 02:04 AM
I lol'd ;D.

thevorpalbunny
2006-08-09, 04:26 PM
?

The Glyphstone
2006-08-09, 04:41 PM
I think it's a joke about black/african-[insert country here]...???

Nerd-o-rama
2006-08-09, 05:17 PM
*sigh* 4chan.org. Image message board with a focus on animé, severely NSFW. This is based on one of the stupider, but still funny, memes generated on the "random" forum, 4chan.org/b/.

amirite?

The Demented One
2006-08-09, 05:45 PM
I think it's a joke about black/african-[insert country here]...???
No, I'm not that crass. Nerd-o-rama's got it. I would heavily advise not going to 4chan for any reason.

Comrade Gorby: While that may have been the most apt description of 4chan I've yet seen, it's not going to fly on this forum.

bosssmiley
2006-08-10, 07:13 AM
No, I'm not that crass. Nerd-o-rama's got it. I would heavily advise not going to 4chan for any reason. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

*Smiley-shaped blur tears of in the direction of this fount of rumoured vileness*

Smiley returns and is forced to agree with the Glyphstone below. I went expecting a lone outpost of what the internet used to be back in the days of USEnet, but all I saw was Plato's parable about Gyges' ring made manifest. Very disappointing. :(

The Glyphstone
2006-08-10, 07:43 AM
^^That's a relief. :-/

^I've BEEN to 4chan....wasn't very impressed, either by its vileness or its quality.