PDA

View Full Version : Borovia/Transylvania/Ravenloft without mists etc

BobVosh
2008-11-26, 04:51 AM
Anyone know of a good website to look up myths and folklore for this kind of setting? Also where some of these monsters/critters are statted out.

Also just anything else you think is vital for this kind of setting, I'm planning on a campaign to take place with this theme.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-26, 04:55 AM
Wikipedia, obviously. At the very least, you'll find plenty of links to sites specializing in the stuff.

There's very few creatures specific to this setting; wolves, vampires, vampire spawn. They're all in the SRD/MM, along with plenty of useful undead.

Stupendous_Man
2008-11-26, 04:56 AM
Anyone know of a good website to look up myths and folklore for this kind of setting? Also where some of these monsters/critters are statted out.

Also just anything else you think is vital for this kind of setting, I'm planning on a campaign to take place with this theme.

A giant castle with strange guests dancing to exuberant music, featuring a monster creation at the climax of the party.

The guests are revealed to be aliens, and at the end, the master of the castle is killed by his servants, who proceed to kill the monster as well and kick the party out before activating the castle.

The last thing the party sees is a giant flying castle taking off into the heavens.

bosssmiley
2008-11-26, 05:10 AM
"Guide to Transylvania" for 2E's "Masque of the Red Death" Ravenloft spin-off.
A couple of dollars from paizo or rpgnow.

BobVosh
2008-11-26, 05:12 AM
A giant castle with strange guests dancing to exuberant music, featuring a monster creation at the climax of the party.

The guests are revealed to be aliens, and at the end, the master of the castle is killed by his servants, who proceed to kill the monster as well and kick the party out before activating the castle.

The last thing the party sees is a giant flying castle taking off into the heavens.

They would kill me if I did anything near Rocky Horror Picture Show, or at least at obvious as this. Literally they would rise up and find the weapons in the garage and proceed to pummel me. (SCA people)

My wiki-fu failed for the most part, other than this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore_of_Romania

Plus I want to know what other D&D nerds would expect or want.

hamlet
2008-11-26, 07:47 AM
Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Bathory