PDA

View Full Version : Healing Belt statistics. (3.5)

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 06:30 AM
Where can Healing Belts be found? I'm DMing a solo game for a new player, and I wanted to give them one as a quest reward in a couple of levels time, but I can't find their stats anywhere.:smallfrown:

Celeres
2008-11-26, 06:33 AM
magic item compendium

Keld Denar
2008-11-26, 06:34 AM
MIC

3 charges, standard action to activate

1 charge = 2d6 healing
2 charges = 3d6 healing
3 charges = 4d8 healing

Opportunity cost of blowing all 3 charges at once.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 06:34 AM
Thank you. :smallsmile: That item will be very useful to the player.

Celeres
2008-11-26, 06:36 AM
you can also use it to heal anything you touch (allies, enemies, etc.)

i had a reaping mauler with one. i had full intention on grappling with something undead and healing it to death.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 06:40 AM
That could be useful. (They will mainly be working alone, though, and I'd feel like I was screwing them over if they had to use charges on NPCs.)

EDIT: I'm sorry I forgot to ask this before, but does anyone else know of similar HP restoring items?

Celeres
2008-11-26, 06:43 AM
just do what one of my other DMs did so i wouldn't kill the necromancer in one turn.

give your npcs 27 con.

cause that's totally realistic.

Fan
2008-11-26, 06:45 AM
Healing salves is a expendable one.
You coul;d always just use a reverse of the negative energy trait, and make it a postive energy knife that heals 3d8+5 damage every time you cut yourself.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 06:45 AM
I was refering to healing allies rather then using it on undead. :smalltongue: I'll keep that one in mind, Fanboy. Which book is that in?

Fan
2008-11-26, 06:49 AM
I was refering to healing allies rather then using it on undead. :smalltongue: I'll keep that one in mind, Fanboy. Which book is that in?
Well.. Its MIC, and its just a reverse of the enervating trait, or the Custom magic item rules at the back of the DMG. You just need to slap a cure serious wounds on a knife, and bam theu ltimate undead slayer, and a degree of self healing/mutilation.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 06:52 AM
Thanks. I may put a limit on how often they can use it. (It's awkward because I'm torn between giving them advice regarding the very best spells and letting them play the character they want to use, and setting the difficulty level is hard. Esecially when the 3 Medium Giant Centipedes who are attacking them can't hit to save their lives.:smalltongue:)

BobVosh
2008-11-26, 07:16 AM
That could be useful. (They will mainly be working alone, though, and I'd feel like I was screwing them over if they had to use charges on NPCs.)

EDIT: I'm sorry I forgot to ask this before, but does anyone else know of similar HP restoring items?

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=900334

jcsw
2008-11-26, 08:44 AM
IIRC, the healing belt's price has been errata'd to be more expensive... You might wanna check for that.

paddyfool
2008-11-26, 11:12 AM
Slightly cheesy solution: If at a high enough level, the leadership feat can provide a heal/buffb***h cohort.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 11:19 AM
They are only level 3 at the minute (I'm probably giving them too much Exp. due to not keeping track of it, but I'm going with the Exp. gain in a solo game I was in). I think they want to avoid the sort of book-keeping that another character would involve anyway.

only1doug
2008-11-26, 03:05 PM
MIC Pg 109, Hairshirt of suffering, +1 natural armour bonus and a cure serious wounds on any creature except wearer (3d8+9) 1/day

Devils_Advocate
2008-11-26, 03:07 PM
(It's awkward because I'm torn between giving them advice regarding the very best spells and letting them play the character they want to use)
There's no contradiction there. Ideally, your advice helps the player to play the character they want to play. If you're just telling them about stuff, you're still letting them choose whatever they want. Giving them more information should help them to make choices they'll be more satisfied with. Just so long as you're not presenting options in the form of "Well, you had better do this, or you'll be screwed."

One might also be concerned that it might be more rewarding for the player to figure things out on their own, but how much help to give them in implementing their character concept is a separate issue from forcing them into a character role they don't like.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-26, 03:29 PM
Thanks, DA.:smallsmile: I was suggesting that some decisions would be much more useful then others, but I have no intentions of screwing them over because of them making their own decisions.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-26, 03:53 PM
IIRC, the healing belt's price has been errata'd to be more expensive... You might wanna check for that.

Not according to the MIC erratta, last updated in September.

Paul H
2008-11-28, 08:12 PM
Hi

IIRC the 'uniqueness' of the Healing Belt is that it costs 500gp to make, but only 750gp to buy. (Ie, It costs more than half ful price to make).

One of the first things I buy when creating a mid-level character. Perfect for campaigns like Worlds Largest Dungeon. (Also bought Everlasting Rations, MIC 350gp).

Cheers
Paul H

Eldariel
2008-11-28, 08:20 PM
Healing Belt is just another "fix" for 3.5e - a means to give heroes a cheap way to heal themselves without "forcing" every party to bring a healbot (of course, even without it, the means for living without a healbot existed, but they mostly involved UMD - this is cheap and usable for everyone). Kinda like 3.5-version of Healing Surge.

Triaxx
2008-11-29, 06:27 AM
I always thought that was kind of a silly item. I built one, same idea, except it gave the wearer Fast Healing 1, and could caster Cure Light Wounds 1/day.

It was one of those Kobold Campaigns.

Tempest Fennac
2008-11-30, 02:39 AM
Don't most parties need a healer anyway for removing conditions? Also, why do you think they are silly, Triaxx? Your version sounds to be quite interresting.

Triaxx
2008-11-30, 07:26 AM
3 charges heals a whopping 4d8 damage. That's great until you come to realize that's instant kill territory. So unless it's a barbarian, chances are they'll die before you can put it into play. I've seen it happen.

The alternate was developed in a Kobold Campaign. This isn't a campaign where the party are all Kobolds, but rather an early 3.5e campaign that evolved a 2e idea. We were simply swarmed by Kobolds. In groups of 20-50. So we'd need a lot of healing in between battles. Resting for eight hours with a Belt of Healing on gains a lot more than the normal 1hp. Even the Barbarian was brought back to fighting fit fairly fast.

Most conditions that can be removed either non-lethal, can be removed with a simple dispel magic, or negated with a potion (Poison, Petrification).

Those that can't be removed are typically lethal. At worst, you'll need some way of casting remove curse.