PDA

View Full Version : Judge Dredd Werewolf - Recruiting [Knowing setting not needed]

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-26, 12:33 PM
We interrupt Name That Pong to bring you an emergency Justice Department Announcement. There has been an explosion at Psi Division Headquaters. All citizens are requested to report any unusual behavior to any nearby Judge. Do not approach citizens acting unusually. Avoid leaving your homes if not necessary. We now return you to Name That Pong.

It was an ordinary day in Rich Burlew Block, Sector 3, Mega City One, right up until the latest and most popular gameshow on Channel 9982 got interrupted.

For those of you not familiar with Judge Dredd's universe:
The strip is set 122 years in the future. The timeline is worth noting, because the strip appears in real time - thus, as the Dredd strip has been published since 1977, Dredd has aged 31 years as of 2008. The Earth has been badly damaged by a series of international conflicts, much of the planet has turned to desert, and so populations have tended to aggregate in enormous conurbations known as 'mega-cities'. The world of Judge Dredd is centred on the megalopolis of Mega-City One. Within Mega-City One, extensive automation (including the creation of a caste of intelligent robots) has rendered the majority of the population jobless. As a consequence, the general population is prone to embracing any fashion that comes along. Much of the remaining world's geography is somewhat vague, although other mega-cities have been referred to and visited in the strip. Mega-City One's population lives in gigantic tower blocks, each holding some fifty thousand or so people. Each is named after some historical person or TV character (Dredd used to live in the Rowdy Yates block); there is usually some joke in the names of the blocks. For instance, Rowdy Yates was a character in the U.S. TV cowboy drama Rawhide, played by a young Clint Eastwood. Eastwood would later play "Dirty Harry" -- one of the thematic influences upon which Judge Dredd was based. A number of stories feature rivalries between different blocks, on many occasions (for example, in the story "Block Mania") breaking into gunfire wars between them. The Judges' possessing such arbitrary and total powers reflect the difficulty of maintaining any order at all in a Mega-City's stifling environment.

Despite its frequent disasters, Mega-City One stretches from around Boston to Charlotte; it stretched further before the Apocalypse War, which saw widespread death and devastation - the south of the city being entirely wiped out. At its height, the city contained a population of about 800 million; the current population is less than half of that. The story Origins revealed that Mega-City One was formed due to growing urban sprawl rather than deliberate design, and by 2031 and with the introduction of the Judge system it was recognised as the first mega-city.

There are two other major population centres in Dredd's Northern America. The first is Texas City, stretching across several of the southern United States and with a different culture to its northern cousin, based on Wild West frontier values. Further north is Canadia, though the specifics of this settlement are unknown, except that they lack a Judge system. Once, Mega-City Two (stretching from around San Diego into Baja California) also existed, but was destroyed during the events of Judgement Day. The centre of the continent is a nuclear desert called the Cursed Earth, containing various settlements and minor cities.

Nuclear deserts and destruction elsewhere are also extensive. In South America, a new desert extends from Nicaragua, covering Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, and pushing far into Amazonas. Cities in South America are Brasília, Ciudad Barranquilla, Mex City, and on the western side the Pan-Andes Conurb and South-Am City; Brasilia and South-Am were destroyed during Judgement Day. The majority of the Caribbean islands have been destroyed, and the water there and across much of the north Atlantic is severely polluted, and is now known as the Black Atlantic. An underwater settlement known as Atlantis exists in the Atlantic, bridging a Mega-City One/Brit-Cit transport network.

Europe has suffered considerable reshaping, especially the south. A desert covers much of eastern France, extending south into Spain and Portugal and across to cover much of Central Europe. Classical Greece is gone, as are parts of Turkey, and the Mediterranean is now the home of the Mediterranean Free State, a floating conglomerate of various settlements and refugee groups. The Black Sea and the Caspian Sea are now joined. In Europe the major cities are Brit-Cit (covering all of southern England), Calhab (part of Scotland), Euro-City (eastern France and part of Germany), Vatican City (most of Italy) and Ciudad España (eastern Spain). Ireland is split between the megacity of Murphyville and the Emerald Isle, an enormous theme park re-creating a stereotypical view of traditional Irish life.

Further east into Asia are more nuclear deserts, the ruins of East-Meg One (destroyed by Dredd in a massive nuclear strike at the climax of the Apocalypse War), and further east the megalopolis of East-Meg Two. Mongolia, lacking a Mega-City or Judge system, has called itself the Mongolian Free State and criminals have flocked there for a safe haven.

In Asia, separated from East-Meg Two by an extensive nuclear desert, are Sino-City One (destroyed during Judgement Day) and Sino-City Two in eastern China, with Hong Tong built in the remains of Hong Kong and partitioned between Sino-Cit & Brit-Cit control; Hondo City on the remains of the islands of Japan; Djakarta in Indonesia, before its obliteration during Judgement Day; and Indo City (also called Nu-Delhi) in southern India. Between Hondo and Sino-City lies the Radlands of Ji, a nuclear desert full of chaos magic and many violent outlaw gangs and martial arts schools. Into the Blue Pacific cities survive in south-east Australia, the Sydney-Melbourne Conurb, and on a number of Pacific islands. Borneo has been covered in mutagens, as have all of Indonesia's islands which are now linked by a network of mutant coral; called "The Web", this network of islands is a lawless hotbed of crime.

The Middle East is without major cities, being either nuclear or natural deserts; the Mediterranean coast is heavily damaged by mutagens. In Africa much of the south is nuclear desert, South Africa proper has been shattered and is entirely uninhabitable, and the continent is now known as Pan-Africa. The major cities are Umur (Libya), New Jerusalem (north-east Ethiopia), Luxor City (Egypt), Casablanca (Morocco), and Simba City (Cameroon). Lake Victoria is enlarged and has been renamed the Kenyatta Sea.

Nuclear fallout and pollution appear to have missed Antarctica and the Arctic, causing Mega-Cities (Antarctic City and Uranium City respectively) to have been constructed there.

The high levels of pollution have created instances of mutation in humans and animals. The Mega-Cities largely operate on a system of genetic normality making expulsion from the cities the worst punishment possible.

Earth's moon has been colonised, with a series of large domes forming Luna City; another colony, Puerto Luminae, exists but is a lawless, violent hellhole. In addition many deep space colonies have been established. Some are loyal to various mega cities while many are independent states, and others still face violent insurgencies to gain independence. The multi-national Space Corps battle both insurgencies and external alien threats. The planet Hestia (which is in a polar orbit of the sun that passes near to earth's) has a colony, there are some references to colonies on Mars such as Viking City, the moon Titan has a Judicial penal colony, and MC1 is known to have deep space missile silos on Pluto.

Continuity errors have crept into the history at various stages. An example is an early story featuring a mad scientist who experimented with human cloning - despite the fact that it had already been revealed that many Judges, including Dredd himself, were clones. The most glaring one is the reference to the penal colony for rogue Judges on Titan, which is said in the strip at various stages to orbit either Jupiter or Saturn (the latter is correct), seemingly at the whim of the writer at the time.

The roles are hidden and there is to be no role claiming. Accusations will be monitored by the Public Surveillance Unit and will lead to arrests(an in game way of saying, will continue as normal for arrest read lynch).

The Rogue Monk will co-narrate.

30ish players desired, game to start on the 8th.

Citizen registry: 22/30Shadowcaller
Recaiden
Emperor Demonking
Murska
hap_hazard
banjo1985
Reinholdt
Istari
Raroy
Aemoh
Dr. Bath
Andre Fairchilde
Vampiric
iceddragons
Selrahc
The Bushranger
Kwarkpudding
Griever
Talic
Zar Peter
Dirk Kris
lamech

Uncertain:Jontom Xire

Shadowcaller
2008-11-27, 01:49 AM
Huh... Why didin't I see this before? In.

Recaiden
2008-11-27, 02:42 AM
In? ... ... .

Jontom Xire
2008-11-27, 03:56 AM
So busy...but due to get lynched in a few games I suspect. When does it start? If not too soon then in.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-27, 04:00 AM
Game to start on the 8th.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-27, 04:54 AM
Sign me up.

Murska
2008-11-27, 04:56 AM
I joins! :smallbiggrin:

hap_hazard
2008-11-27, 06:02 AM
In. -n dis iz filler?-

banjo1985
2008-11-27, 09:51 AM
I'm dead in a horrifying amount of games, so I'm in, despite knowing zero about Judge Dredd, or 2000AD in general.

Reinholdt
2008-11-27, 10:02 AM
WW game? In.

Istari
2008-11-27, 11:16 AM
In with Turkey

Raroy
2008-11-27, 12:33 PM
I want to be lawful evil. [Insert claim to be wanting to be singed up here]

Aemoh
2008-11-27, 01:39 PM
Because I never learn... IN :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2008-11-27, 05:45 PM
HELLS

YES

I'm in. Megacity 1 better watch out...

Zar Peter
2008-11-27, 05:48 PM
I'm a bit overbusy this month... if you don't have 30 people at the end of the sign up you can take me, too.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-11-27, 09:19 PM
I'm in, but only if I get a big gun and legal enforcement powers.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-28, 02:49 AM
Big gun? The lawgiver is awesome enough as a PISTOL thank you.

Vampiric
2008-11-28, 11:57 AM
In! I'm very tempted to be a rogue AI....

>_>
<_<

:smallamused:

Hyozo
2008-11-28, 05:32 PM
I'll join this one.

Selrahc
2008-11-28, 05:37 PM
I love Judge Dredd. And thus, I will join.

TRM
2008-11-28, 06:35 PM
I'm dead in a horrifying amount of games, so I'm in, despite knowing zero about Judge Dredd, or 2000AD in general.
That's okay. Your friendly neighborhood co-narrator doesn't know anything about Judge Dredd either.

The Bushranger
2008-11-28, 09:25 PM
Count me in!

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-30, 02:39 PM
Can I haz moar players?

Kwarkpudding
2008-11-30, 03:05 PM
That's okay. Your friendly neighborhood co-narrator doesn't know anything about Judge Dredd either.

So knowing about Judge Dredd is not required? In, then. :smallsmile:

UncleWolf
2008-11-30, 08:19 PM
Crap:smallannoyed:

I will be leaving for Christmas break on the 12th, and I think I won't come back until the 12th(I think) of January so I doubt I'd be able to play.

That sucks, could you put me on the replacement list though?

Griever
2008-11-30, 10:55 PM
Need a fodder for your cannon?

Evil DM Mark3
2008-12-01, 02:53 AM
Crap:smallannoyed:

I will be leaving for Christmas break on the 12th, and I think I won't come back until the 12th(I think) of January so I doubt I'd be able to play.

That sucks, could you put me on the replacement list though?

Will do citizen.

Reinholdt
2008-12-01, 02:58 AM
Eep! It's creepy computer thing! Quick, be unhappy!!

UncleWolf
2008-12-01, 09:17 AM
Will do citizen.

Thanks. I just hope that I won't be needed for a while.

Talic
2008-12-02, 06:24 AM
I'm in...

*crosses fingers*

PleasenotamasonPleasenotamasonPleasenotamasonPleas enotamasonPleasenotamason

Zar Peter
2008-12-02, 10:12 AM
I'm a bit overbusy this month... if you don't have 30 people at the end of the sign up you can take me, too.

Sign me up for sure...

Dirk Kris
2008-12-04, 03:07 PM
I'm IN!
As Rob Schneider's character!

Lamech
2008-12-07, 10:05 AM
IN
For democracy!