PDA

View Full Version : Accent and/or Voices

Shanty Man
2008-11-26, 01:41 PM
What kind of accent (and voice) do you think each character has. Take acount of persona and speach bubble type.

p.s Someone incoude Hayles different personalerty traits.

p.p.s Durkon has a Scottish accent (just to start you off)

Szilard
2008-11-26, 01:42 PM
Everyone else has a New Jersey accent.

Ossian
2008-11-26, 01:44 PM
Roy is dubbed by Samuel L. Jackson...neede I say more?

I also see Owen Wilson voicing Elan, for some reason.

O.

Shanty Man
2008-11-26, 01:47 PM
Everyone else has a New Jersey accent.

That's no fun, first I maen how do you emagen it and two what about voice types, thog, in my imagonation has a deep idiotic voice (like Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy).

T-O-E
2008-11-26, 02:05 PM
Well, there's Durkon's French accent and that's about it.

DBear
2008-11-27, 12:50 PM
For some reason I always imagine Belkar with a nasally, Ross Perot-type voice.

For Vaarsuvius, I always imagine a Monty Pythonesque, stuffy upper-class English accent.

evileeyore
2008-11-27, 02:43 PM
Roy is dubbed by Samuel L. Jackson...neede I say more?

Nien.

Roy is voiced by Isaac Hayes.

I also see Owen Wilson voicing Elan, for some reason.

While Owen sounds like an idiot... his voice is too old and he trips over his own words. Elan needs to sound smoothier.

Elan is voiced by Micheal Cera. Young sounding, has a good comedic timing, can be witty and charming.

The others:

Haley by Drew Barrymore. Youthful, carefree, but has a very good range for emotion and drama.

Vaarsuvius by Eric Idle (he can do a wonderfully androgyneous voice). Very capable of long winded tirades that are dry and completely unfunny in a hilarious way.

Durkon... first we get a time machine, then we hire James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek)... Okay serious answer, this guy: Patrick Rolink (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cobqBWO_mn4&feature=related).

Belkar..... For meta-comedy value Elijah Wood.

Jinura
2008-11-27, 04:57 PM
V: Should be some ( to quote the poster somewhere above me) upper class arrogant, british tea drinking, english guy

Fraxinus
2008-11-27, 05:26 PM
Oh well, I can't help but imagine Vaarsuvius with a refined upper-class English accent, as someone else said before me. :smallsmile:

I think that every other character wouldn't be that much marked by a peculiar or specific accent, even if I like to fancy Haley with a gentle Irish accent! :smallbiggrin: