2008-12-10, 01:11 PM
Reinholdt, for the test.

Shishnarfne
2008-12-10, 01:35 PM
"Well, let's test this..."

Reinholdt

evnafets
2008-12-10, 02:44 PM
Shadowcaller - why did you not make it clear yesterday that you were acting on the information from a seer? You could have saved Helgraf.

Protest vote: evnafets points at Shadowcaller

((I approve of lynching Reinholdt, but nothing is gonna stop that happening right now.))

Griever
2008-12-10, 02:52 PM
Jontom Xire.

PirateMonk
2008-12-10, 06:10 PM
If he's not a wolf then we have a fool, and the seer will then know that he is the seer.

Isn't there a chance that the wolves will take the risk of getting a nonwolf lynched just to confuse the seer and fool?

Anyway, onward with Science! Reinholdt.

evnafets
2008-12-10, 06:52 PM
Of course there is that chance.

If Reinholdt a wolf, it may be the seer - it might be also that the Fool got a true result on their scry (it IS random after all)

If Reinholdt is not a wolf, it is definitely NOT the seer whispering in ShadowCallers ear. It may be the fool, it may be a wolf pretending to be a fool. It might be a complete nitwit playing around for his own purposes.

In any case, lynching Reinholdt does seem to be the correct course of action. Especially since he hasn't come out saying "I'm the seer - don't lynch me"

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-10, 09:17 PM
Well, Reinholdt then.

Helgraf
2008-12-10, 10:02 PM
Seer testing seems reasonable right now ... oh, wait, I'm dead.

Mustiado
2008-12-10, 10:05 PM
Murska.

I was contacted as early as day one, by Murska, who said they wanted to lynch Reinholdt. He said he was being pushed by Shadowcaller to do it, ON DAY ONE.

Shadowcaller comes out the day before this one, says he's being pushed by other forces. I think he and Murska are colluding, or at the very least Murksa is attempting to steer Shadowcaller's vote.

I'll be voting for Murska for a while unless something horrible happens with this seer check. Which I don't think it will. And I won't accept "Oh, it was the fool" as an answer.

V.Z.
2008-12-11, 05:14 AM
(( Waah?! 18 votes on day 3? I believe not even Shadow got that much on the same day in AC3. And he was a known wolf! Then again, my spreadsheet of that day is not entirely complete, in which case I could be completely wrong and you are best to forget all this. Now!
To not upset my poor bandwagon tracking thingy too much, no point at Reinholdt from me (he'll be lynched anyway, so it won't make any difference). Mustiado seems to make sense to me. So Murska for now. ))

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-11, 09:43 AM
Well then, one point at Reinholdt

Mordokai
2008-12-11, 12:38 PM
Ok, lets call it a day and let me come up with something original.

Update in an hour or so. I hope...

Mordokai
2008-12-11, 04:45 PM
END OF DAY 4

“Sooo... any plans what should we do today?“

“I don't know! I heard cats were guardians of the dead in old Egypt. Chased evil spirits away and such. You think it could work here as well?“

“Hmmm... could be. And it's not like we have to losse anything. But we would need a test subject. Who do you think would volunteer?“

“How about that guy? I haven't heard a voice from him in last three days. He may as well be dead anyway.“

“I don't know... Sounds kinda... unethic.“

“Don't worry, it's just a little experiment. He'll be fine.“

“Ok!“

And so the body of the student was brought to the mummification table for the procedure of mummification. Seeing that process is kinda too... graphic... to describe it here, we'll just say there were hooks, fluids and random soft tissues included. Not necessary in that order.

After couple of hours.

“Well, I think that's it. Now, we just need a cat.“

“Oh, I got just the perfect one!“

And really, soon after that, a cute little kitty is brought before the scientists.

“You're right, he's perfect! But where did you get him?“

“The little scamp has been running around the camp lately. Come to think about it... I've mainly see him during the night, when I've been taking a leak.“

And much to everybodies surprise... the kitty starts speaking.

“Of all the things antique,
the most interesting you find... is a leak.“

To say that others are surprised would be an understatement. Picking him up, one of the scientists looks at him closer.

“What did you say?“

“From the looks of it,
your hearing.... is disappearing.

“I think he's playing games with me.“

“Play the games with yourself...
go down in flames.“

Blushing a dark red, the guy just about had it enough.

“Say, I believe the cats were mummified as well. Shall we get to the job?“

And they really do. Few moments later, the rhyming cat is also mummified and prepared for burial.

“And so, we give these bodies to you, oh mighty Ra. Keep them from harm, yadayayada... ah, whatever. Torch them!“

“Wait, what about the scientific experiment?“

“Time for another one. How much heat can a cat body produce while being heated at extremely high temperature.“

And so, another day well spent passed by. And everybody was happy. Well, except the cat and the “lucky“ student. But sacrifices need to be made. For science.

Summary: Reinholdt was lynched. He was a werewolf. FF Fanbody was autolynched. He was a villager. Their names will go down in history, as martyrs in the name of science.

Night 4 starts now. Send your actions to me and Zar Peter.

((The narrator appologies for being late. As well as for horrible poetry :smalltongue: ))

Boo
2008-12-11, 05:08 PM
So it appears that Reinholdt really was a werewolf.

That leaves what? 8 more? Last WWC there were 9 Werewolves (including the Devil, I think)

Istari
2008-12-11, 05:10 PM
Yay! :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2008-12-11, 05:17 PM
And here is the voting pattern:

{table=head]victim|voted at by
Reinholdt | Alarra
Reinholdt | Banjo1985
Reinholdt | Cynan Machae
Reinholdt | Fin
Reinholdt | hap_hazard
Reinholdt | Istari
Reinholdt | Jontom Xire
Reinholdt | Kwarkpudding
Reinholdt | Lex-kat
Reinholdt | LordRod
Reinholdt | Murska
Reinholdt | PhantomFox
Reinholdt | PirateMonk
Reinholdt | Reinholdt
Reinholdt | Selrahc
Reinholdt | Shadowcaller
Reinholdt | Shishnarfne
Reinholdt | SweetLikeLemons
Reinholdt | The Vaillant Turtle
Reinholdt | Tormsskull
Shadow | Blue Umbrella
Shadow | deathslayer7
Shadow | Dirk Kris
Shadow | Dr. Bath
Shadow | The Bushranger
Murska | Mustiado
Murska | V.Z.
Shadowcaller | Eldritch Knight
Shadowcaller | evnafets
Dirk kris | happyturtle
Jontom Xire | Griever
[/table]

Did not vote:

Dragoon
FF fanboy
Haruki-kun
Shadow
xNadia

Send an away notice and doesn't get autoed: xNadia

Lex-Kat
2008-12-12, 01:15 AM
And that concludes our test of the emergency Werewolf system. Now back to our regularly scheduled music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA_X_7ktnQ).

PhantomFox
2008-12-12, 01:33 AM
I thought this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSc8qVMjKM) was our regularly scheduled music?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-12, 03:49 AM
I thought about it, but decided it was too obvious for me to use. Though I do love that song, I would like to add.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-12, 03:54 AM
Summary: Reinholdt was lynched. He was a werewolf. FF Fanbody was autolynched. He was a villager. Their names will go down in history, as martyrs in the name of science.

Fanbody *snickers*

And no I have not made such a misstake myself.

Never ever.

<.<
>.>

Ever.

Mordokai
2008-12-12, 01:39 PM
END OF NIGHT 4

Another long night in the wolf cave.

“So, any ideas for tonight?“

“Feeding frenzy!“

“Well, yeah... but I crave something different tonight. And my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I think I need more vegetables in my diet.“

The other wolf shudders at this.

“Blasphemer! You know damn well that vegetables is tabu in werewolf nutrition. It's... evil!“

“I know, I know... but what can I do? I need to do something, or I'm going blind soon!“

“Get yourself a pair of glasses?“

“No way dude! I'll look like geek! No woman will ever want to go out with me anymore!“

“Actually, research shows that women are attracted to smarter men. That is, wolves.“

“You're just saying that to make me feel better.“

“No, it's true. Besides, it's widely known fact that you never were popular with ladies to begin with.“

*cue dramatic(aka, emo) music here, attempt at slicing own wrists in dramatic(but ultimately, fake and attention seeking) fashion*

“In any case, I need to something about my eyes.“

“I guess we can cut you some slack. Go get yourself some carrots, I hear they are good for the eyes.“

And he really does. As he gets to the field, he starts plucking the carrots out of the ground. After chewing on one of them for few seconds, he spits it out.

“Disgusting!“

“Not at all! They are very good and help your eyes! I should know, I eat them a lot and have no eye problems whatsoever!“

Turning around, the wolf spots an interesting individual, standing in front of him, chewing on a carrot like a rabbit.

“Is that so? No eye problems you say? Interesting...“

“Yep! Helps me find those nasty wolves!“

“Hmmm... not quite perfect, but you'll have to do.“

“What do you mean...“

The poor guy doesn't get to finish this sentence, as the wolf rips his eyes out and eats them down.

“Better than carrots in any case.“

Summary: Murska was killed by werewolves. He was a seer. He found out that sometimes a grain of salt is better for clear vision than carrots.

Day 5 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

The Bushranger
2008-12-12, 01:45 PM
We're down the seer?
Eep.

Murska
2008-12-12, 01:46 PM
Excellent narration but I have to protest... Carrots ARE disgusting. :smallyuk:

Good luck for the villagers. I sort of knew this was coming after I was basically outed in-thread but had the tiniest hope for a bane.

@V Maybe I'm a wolf so often I've gotten used to their eating habits even when I'm not one. :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2008-12-12, 01:48 PM
Aw come on! How can you not like carrots?

I guess I can substitute them for beer :smalltongue: It has the tinniest amount of vitamin A in it too :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2008-12-12, 01:54 PM
Thanks, Mustiado for giving our seer away to the wolves. Thanks also to the baner for not spotting what the wolves spotted and thus not protecting Murska.

Although it was Reinholdt who claimed Mustiado PMed him about Murska.

Deathslayer7
2008-12-12, 01:55 PM
i got to go with shadow.

Boo
2008-12-12, 01:59 PM
Mustiado, Shadow and Eldritch Knight...

Mustiado for JX's explanation

Shadow because I actually believe him to be a wolf this time, and not just a suspicious player.

EK for this post:

Shadowcaller, either way, someone has to be lynched, and I would rather not tip the bandwagon over.

Too safe sounding.

So, who shall I point at today? I'll go with... Mustiado.

EDIT: @V: true, true... I think I'll reserve my point for later.

Griever
2008-12-12, 02:06 PM
Jontom Xire, not about to follow someone who came so close to lynching the seer day 1.

Fostire
2008-12-12, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna go with shadow

The Bushranger
2008-12-12, 02:29 PM
While helping to bury the latest victim of the wolves, the redhead spots the amulet that Murska was wearing, and the color drains from her face...

Standing up, she looks around.

I think...that we've lost our best defense against these wolves. These amulets; they're diviniation tools. I have one too. I was hoping to help but I see mine has a crack so I can't be sure things are coming up right. But I'm willing to help in any way that I can. She sighs. And I really think that Shadow looks like a wolf.

((Yup, I'm the Fool.))

Shadowcaller
2008-12-12, 02:31 PM
Sigh, I should have just told the baner in the thread to bane Murska:smallsigh:.

V.Z.
2008-12-12, 03:11 PM
(( Jontom Xire. I'm not sure on this one, like pretty much always. But the killing and revelation of the seer drew my attention back to one of his last day posts.

I think that's enough nurturing one grudge. Time to point at Jontom Xire.
I realize Murska changed his vote later on to Reinholdt, but at that point the Reinholdtwagon was already well underway, so he might wanted to ensure the lynching of a wolf. It's all pure speculation. It could be anything from Murska having found a wolf to just been a random point, so follow at your own discretion (if at all). Mustiado is also ringing a few bells, but I'm finding JX a tad more suspicious at the moment. ))

Dragoon
2008-12-12, 03:33 PM
The man who looked like he was out of place at a dig sit as distracted last day. He thought he had found something, perhaps a dinosaur skeleton. Though after the whole day of "discovering" it, he realized much to his dismay that the remains was just someone's garbage.* He walked back from the dig to find to his horror that the seer was dead. I should have been here to protect him, we must avenge his death. He hears about how Jontom Xire had wanted the seer's death, so it was doubtful that he could be a good guy.

To the person that gets the reference, one of my peanut butter brownies that are according to two people are to die for.

PhantomFox
2008-12-12, 04:10 PM
Alright, it's crunch time now. We got a few suspects here. In no particular order...

1) Mustiado: He was vocally against Murska yesterday, and may have led to the wolves killing the seer. However, would a wolf make such a post if they were planning on killing him that night? He would have to had realized that would make him suspicious. It doesn't seem like very wolfish behavior to me. Reinholdt was apparently chatting with Mustiado as well, so any talk about Murska would probably filter through to the rest of the pack. On the other hand, he was on neither the Reinholdt or DD wagons. However, would a wolf make him stick out by not joining that massive seer-test? I'm leaning in Musty's favor on this one.

2) Jontom Xire: Has pointed at Muska on three straight days. Normally I would think a wolf wouldn't make himself so obvious by killing a person they had personally pointed at 3 times, but if they knew or suspected Murska was the seer, it would be well worth the risk. He's also kicked off the suspicion against Mustiado, though whether or not that's a good thing is yet to be seen.

3) Shadow: He's Shadow, what else needs to be said? :smallbiggrin: Okay, to be fair, I can't remember specifically why people found him suspicious in the previous days, but he DID start the counter-wagon against Helgraf that saved Reinholdt on Day 3. Was he just wrong, or was he making a bold move to save a wolf and knock off a dangerous player all at the same time? Shadow, being a popular scry target, might do so before the usual scry/kill ending he gets when a wolf. On the other hand, I doubt he hadn't been scried by then. In Universal Smash Bros 1, he got a whopping 5 actions targeted at him Night 1. I bet other Narrators of other games involving Shadow have similar tales. Perhaps Murska hadn't found a proxy by then? Or maybe Shadow's innocent after all. Who knows?

4) hap_hazard: Pointed at Murska Day 1, 4th on the Helgraf wagon Day 3, 12 on Reinholdt's (though that one took off like a rocket). Just facts here, might be worth considering.

5) V.Z.: Opposed Day 1 lynchings (though excusable for being relativly new), started the Hero 1.0 wagon Day 2, agreed with Mustiado about Murska on Day 4. Mostly circumstantial evidence methinks.

EDIT: Forgot to point after all that. I'm kinda torn though. Hap_hazard appeals to me, but Shadow and Jontom are giving me the willies.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-12, 04:14 PM
I'm pointing at Shadow for the reasons PF posted.

Hyozo
2008-12-12, 04:27 PM
Ghost iceddragons throws a snowball at ghost Reinholdt.

Shishnarfne
2008-12-12, 04:30 PM
"Why are you interrupting my studies? We need to find a wolf? Well, I can't say that any of the leads sound terribly convincing to me, but I think I can find a fox, will that do? It had better, PhantomFox."

Selrahc
2008-12-12, 04:45 PM
Mustiado, he either committed a blunder that cost us our best weapon in the fight against tooth decay werewolves, or he was a wolf being a bit too cavalier with his knowledge.

Mustiado
2008-12-12, 04:59 PM
I'm pointing at JX, and here's why.

Okay. So obviously I screwed up. With the result of Reinholdt's lynch, it makes it pretty apparent that either Shadowcaller or Murska was the seer, and was trying to use the other as a proxy. Since Shadowcaller was doing the most talking in thread, made him more obviously the proxy.

When I was first contacted, I must not have been scried. Because it wasn't "I am proxy for the seer, we've scried Reinholdt, keep it quiet." It was "Ooh, I have several sources who say Reinholdt is really suspicious, plus we just got beat by him in Grave Robbers, let's lynch him for revenge!" (is the silly reason I was given.)

Tell me that doesn't look suspicious as hell. It was suspicious to the point that I thought Murska may have been using his reputation to manipulate some of the villagers he was in contact with to try and remove troublesome players. (Yes, he's done wilier things as a wolf.)

Now comes today. I knew I'd catch some heat, especially once Murska told me before I even got here I helped out him as the seer. But I really didn't expect JX to jump all over me as fast as he did. While I wouldn't blame him for holding my stupidity against him, that's not his modus operandi. Especially since I "gave away the seer to the wolves", when all I had done up until that point was give my reasoning that the Reinholdt wagon was suspicious. It still took some logic and a leap of intuition to make Murska the seer at that point. One that he himself would have made, and then used the next day to cover his tracks in blaming me and pushing an angry village my way.

That was long winded. To summarize, I'm pointing at JX. If you think I deserve to die because I was the lone dissenting voice against a wolf bandwagon, fine. If you'd rather use me as a jumping off point as a network, that's cool too. I can get the masons/baner in touch, and I'm always more effective when I do a sacrifice play. Whichever you guys want.

Shadow
2008-12-12, 05:45 PM
To all those pointing at myself & the other good analysts:
I think...that we've lost our best defense against these wolves.
*snip*
[color=red]Shadow
Not yet we haven't. The Seer IS NOT the strongest weapon against the wolves, as has been proven time and time again.
Good players are.

Take that as you will.
I'm pointing at Shadow for the reasons PF posted.the reasons that PF listed were more than enough to make you NOT want to lynch me, I should think.
3) Shadow: He's Shadow, what else needs to be said? Okay, to be fair, I can't remember specifically why people found him suspicious in the previous days, but he DID start the counter-wagon against Helgraf that saved Reinholdt on Day 3. Was he just wrong, or was he making a bold move to save a wolf and knock off a dangerous player all at the same time? Shadow, being a popular scry target, might do so before the usual scry/kill ending he gets when a wolf. On the other hand, I doubt he hadn't been scried by then. In Universal Smash Bros 1, he got a whopping 5 actions targeted at him Night 1. I bet other Narrators of other games involving Shadow have similar tales. Perhaps Murska hadn't found a proxy by then? Or maybe Shadow's innocent after all. Who knows?Or... I dunno... maybe he wanted to be sure he wasn't the FOOL first? :smallsigh:
That is all.

Eldritch Knight
2008-12-12, 05:57 PM
For what it's worth, this time around I trust Shadow. And if I find him trustworthy, even after we've been going after each other in previous games, perhaps there is some value in what he says! For that matter, I think we should look at Blue Umbrella

Istari
2008-12-12, 05:59 PM
Mustiado .

happyturtle
2008-12-12, 06:08 PM
Jontom Xire

Tormsskull
2008-12-12, 09:40 PM
I'm pointing at Shadow. My rationale is that he is a great, great player. So great in fact, that I think with him still in the game, it really isn't fair for the other side. I mean, he is just that good. He is able to analyze things with pinpoint accuracy and come up with correct guesses like 110% of the time. So, just to try to make this game a little more even, I say we lynch him.

Mustiado

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-12, 09:43 PM
I'm getting a little bit suspicious of Blue Umbrella for some reason, but since a lot of people have already pointed I don't think that's likely to go very far. Of the leading candidates I am the most suspicious of Jontom Xire.

Fostire
2008-12-12, 09:51 PM
I'm getting a little bit suspicious of Blue Umbrella for some reason, but since a lot of people have already pointed I don't think that's likely to go very far.

People can change their points. And if you put a convincing enough argument they probably will.

Cynan Machae
2008-12-12, 10:09 PM
I think I'll go with Mustadio

Alarra
2008-12-12, 11:06 PM
Jontom seems most suspicious to me today.

Nychta
2008-12-12, 11:39 PM
Hmm... I'm pretty suspicious of Jontom Xire at the moment. He has pointed at Murska quite a lot recently; while I could pass that off as saying it's just what they do, I think that by day three JX could have come up with something better.
He also pointed at Mustiado early today. While I'm not very sure about Mustiado, I don't think he would draw this much attention to himself. I don't see why a wolf would avoid a seer test so obviously. Then again, he's pretty smart. It could be a "act so rashly they think I couldn't possibly be such a stupid wolf" bluff.

For now, I'm more inclined to point at JX, but I'd like to hear his defence first.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-13, 01:41 AM
I point at Shadow.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-13, 02:00 AM
The reasons that PF listed were more than enough to make you NOT want to lynch me, I should think.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/1226363388937.jpg

Lex-Kat
2008-12-13, 02:33 AM
That is hilarious, Haruki. :biggrin:

Mustiado
2008-12-13, 02:36 AM
Hmm... I'm pretty suspicious of Jontom Xire at the moment. He has pointed at Murska quite a lot recently; while I could pass that off as saying it's just what they do, I think that by day three JX could have come up with something better.
He also pointed at Mustiado early today. While I'm not very sure about Mustiado, I don't think he would draw this much attention to himself. I don't see why a wolf would avoid a seer test so obviously. Then again, he's pretty smart. It could be a "act so rashly they think I couldn't possibly be such a stupid wolf" bluff.

For now, I'm more inclined to point at JX, but I'd like to hear his defence first.

While that does sound almost Mustiado Maneuverish (tm), and a tactic I could accomplish without much error, I'm going to have to say the only time I protest quite this much is when I'm a villager and on the chopping block.

Boo
2008-12-13, 04:20 AM
I'm getting a little bit suspicious of Blue Umbrella for some reason, but since a lot of people have already pointed I don't think that's likely to go very far. Of the leading candidates I am the most suspicious of Jontom Xire.

I'd be suspicious of me too. Although I would like to see your reasoning.

I'm going to point at EK. Not as a counter point, but as a basic point. I could point at lots of people, but nope, I'll point at EK.

Oh, and for the people thinking I'm trying to get Shadow lynched because he's a good player: That's not why. I just believe him and EK to be wolves. JX is also a possible wolf, but pointing at him would feel somewhat wasteful.

Mustiado... I'm on the fence with him.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-13, 04:54 AM
Jontom Xire, not about to follow someone who came so close to lynching the seer day 1.

<sarcasm>Yuh, like on day 1 when there were no scries yet, I somehow knew Murska was the seer and being a wolf I naturally tried to get him lynched.</sarcasm>

Mustiado, how exactly do you propose to get the masons and baner together.

I have a better plan. Since I'm about to die anyway I don't risk much, so...

Murska trusted me with his role. Because he had scried me. How else would I get...

I had already moved the older PMs to PM Viewer, so the format is a bit different:

Received: 2008-11-26 22:50
To: Murska
Title: FW: WWC VIII - Role

Hello [Insert Neat Seername here]!

Welcome to Werewolf Classic VIII

Youre role is:

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator to look into the heart of a player. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf, Fools see the Seer as Fool. I will a make up a scry-list for the Fool at the beginning of the game so there is no sense in scrying one player twice.

The game will start soon, if you have questions don't hesitate to PM me.

Have fun and good luck!
Sorry, forgot the I :smallredface:

So if you pointed at me I suggest a better bet is to point at Mustiado.

Shadow
2008-12-13, 05:10 AM
And this is exactly why I never start a spread until at least day 5 or 6. :smallsigh:

Let's see.... what have we here?....
Two bandwagons. One for me, one for JX. Tied, it would seem.
Too bad both of them are wrong.

Too bad you guys are arguing over WHICH of the strongest weapons to discard.

You've already managed to not save the Seer. Don't throw away your bazooka and your RPG in favor of a slingshot.

And don't listen to the fools who would try to talk you into doing it. Look to them tomorrow. Or today, and quickly, if you're smart.

I'll go with Tormsskull for now.

Or Mustiado, why not.... Although I think Tormsskull is a better idea.

Fin
2008-12-13, 07:18 AM
Hmm, One thing I know about Shadow (if anyone truly knows anything about him!) is that he knows a lost cause when he sees one. He won't be defending JX so vigorously if he knew that JX would turn up as wolf upon his death. So that to me indiactes that at least one of the two of them is a villager.

However, aside from being the seer the only way Shadow could know JX's inncoence would be for him to be a wolf himself.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-13, 07:25 AM
I'd be suspicious of me too. Although I would like to see your reasoning.

I don't have any real reasoning other than you feel just slightly off to me. I'm not putting much stock in it because I haven't played in enough games with you to truly get a feel for your style and possible tells.

I am definitely getting the feeling that JX insn't a wolf though, and since he is a very established player I'm going to trust that and point at someone else. I just don't know who to point at. None of the three bandwagons feels right to me.

I guess I'll go with Eldritch Knight as well.

Mustiado
2008-12-13, 07:28 AM
Well JX, you've given me a great reason to break out Reinholdt's message with the PM Viewer link on it to check your format. I'll have to check that later.

I still don't see how that leads you logically to pointing at me, however. I had a trail of logic. I followed it based on the information I had, and my natural distrust of Murska. We arrived at an unfortunate conclusion that could have been avoided if the baner had been paying as much attention as the wolves.

If I was really a wolf, I don't think I would have made my logic known before I hit the seer.

I'm withdrawing my point, unless necessity forces me to put it back on you, JX. I don't believe any of us up for lynch is a helpful option.

I'm going to go with Shadow's original hunch, and point at Tormsskull. Eliminating someone who is an asset for either side is a great play if this were end game strategy. This early in the game, I think it's either out of paranoia, or knowing that he's NOT on your side. I'll let your minds lead you to what that makes him.

happyturtle
2008-12-13, 07:41 AM
*Is confused.*

withdrawing point to come back at this later with a fresh brain. :smalltongue:

Mmmmm.... fresh braaaaaaaains!

banjo1985
2008-12-13, 12:34 PM
Selrahc is a near definite wolf, as is Cynan Machae/ Tormskull, Shadow and Jontom I'm not sure about, so I'm leaving them alone for now.

Selrahc
2008-12-13, 01:58 PM
Selrahc is a near definite wolf, as is Cynan Machae/ Tormskull, Shadow and Jontom I'm not sure about, so I'm leaving them alone for now.

Yeah.. uh, why? 2 wolves in 3 votes, didn't go after the lynched villagers. Looks like a pretty clean record to me. You want to share your working?

Boo
2008-12-13, 05:16 PM
I don't have any real reasoning other than you feel just slightly off to me. I'm not putting much stock in it because I haven't played in enough games with you to truly get a feel for your style and possible tells.

To help you out on how I play:

The general way I do things is when I'm a power role, I try different tactics to avoid suspicion. When I'm a villager, I don't really care if I die or not. In this case, I don't really care whether I die or not, but I would like to find out EK's role and through him Alarra's. I always feel that Alarra's playful nature can be a way to find out who's a wolf on the first day, but I haven't played enough games with her to know that all for sure.

My tells? I'll defend myself too much. Although that could mean that I'm any power role. If I'm a wolf, then I probably won't be up for PM's or online conversations about the game.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-14, 04:43 AM
Hmm, One thing I know about Shadow (if anyone truly knows anything about him!) is that he knows a lost cause when he sees one. He won't be defending JX so vigorously if he knew that JX would turn up as wolf upon his death. So that to me indiactes that at least one of the two of them is a villager.

However, aside from being the seer the only way Shadow could know JX's inncoence would be for him to be a wolf himself.

Or because I PMed him with proof.

Now, why would I do that?

Baner, please protect whichever one of us survives because otherwise the wolves will fill their boots and complete what you have all started.

hap_hazard
2008-12-14, 08:35 AM
Tormskull.

Shishnarfne
2008-12-14, 10:09 AM
"Well, I guess that maybe I don't want to see some of you get taken out, so I'll go with Tormsskull for now."

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 12:21 PM
Still confused, so I'll go back to my original point. Jontom Xire.

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 02:09 PM
Day ends (hopefully) soon.

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-14, 02:20 PM
I don't know, I'm not convinced that any of them are wolves, so I'll point at Tormsskull for trying to get the useful players lynched.

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 02:44 PM
END OF DAY 5

In the brake between the diggings some students are discussing the worth of some principle rules of science in the greater good.

“I think one of the most useful theorems is the Pythagorean. You know, the sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).
Easy to remember and sooo useful in so many areas. Like surveying or electricity.”

“Yes, but it’s soo old. Pythagoras didn’t even have numbers, he used stones to count. No, if you ask me it’s Lagrange’s theorem in the number theory. You know, if p is a prime number and f(x) is a polynomial of degree n, then f(x) = 0 (mod p) has at most n integral solutions for 0 < x < p .
It’s so sweet complex and only we scientists really know what it means.”

“Hah, I know a better one, the Gauss constant:

G is defined as the reciprocal of the arithmetic-geometric mean of 1 and the square root of 2:
G = \frac{1}{\mathrm{agm}(1, \sqrt{2})} = 0.8346268\dots
The constant is named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, who on May 30, 1799 discovered that
G = \frac{2}{\pi}\int_0^1\frac{dx}{\sqrt{1 - x^4}}
so that
G = \frac{1}{2\pi}\beta(\begin{matrix} \frac{1}{4}\end{matrix}, \begin{matrix}\frac{1}{2}\end{matrix})
where β denotes the beta function.

Try to explain that to a non expert. No chance!”

“I don’t know… I don’t trust constants anymore since one of the most powerful constants failed.”

“And that was?”

“The Murska constant. In any game where Murska plays he’s the wolf. And here he was the seer.”

“Oh, yes. But maybe this was the exception of the Rule. When Murska pulls a Bookman he’s not a wolf.”

“Hey, only the seer can pull a Bookman. So, if Murska pulls a Bookman he is per definitionem the seer.”

“See. Quod erat demonstrantum. And now we have another rule to prove. The Rule of Shadow.”

“Oh man, what a stupid rule.”

“What? Could someone enlighten me. What is the rule of Shadow?”

“Well, in short, the Rule of Shadow says: Shadow is such a good player that he get’s killed by the wolves as soon as possible. So if Shadow isn’t nightkilled till day 3 he is per definitionem a wolf and has to be lynched on day 4.”

“Wait a moment, it’s day 5.”

“Yes, I know, we are 1 day late. But we had to kill two wolves in the meantime. But see there? They are already dragging him to the gallows. Soon we have fulfilled our duty as upright villagers.”

“Oh, we are really killing him?”

“Yes? Why do you ask?”

“Don’t you know the major flaw in the Rule of Shadow?”

“No. What is it?”

“The wolves know the rule of Shadow so they don’t kill him if he’s a villager to make the villagers waste a lynch. In fact, nearly every time he got lynched he was a villager and not a wolf. And nearly every time he survived a game he was a wolf.”

“So, you mean if we lynch him he is a villager and if we let him live he is a wolf?”

“A bit like Schrödingers cat, yes… oh, but as I can see it’s too late to do anything anyway.”

“What do you mean? Oh, yes… they already did it… ouch. So, according to the Rule he was a villager, right?”

“Seems to be. The bystanders are not looking happy in any way.”

“Well, nothing is perfect. Even Newton wasn’t correct with his Gravity Theory.”

“But he was near enough. Einstein corrected him just slightly.”

And the students continue to quarrel about complex theorems and inconstant constants…

Summary: Shadow was lynched, he was a villager.

Night begins and ends in about 24 hours. Please send in your actions to Mordokai and Zar Peter.

Istari
2008-12-14, 02:47 PM
We really messed up here
Mostly the people who voted for shadow

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 02:47 PM
The voting pattern:

{table=head]victim|voted at by
Shadow | deathslayer7
Shadow | Fin
Shadow | Haruki-kun
Shadow | Lex-kat
Shadow | LordRod
Shadow | PhantomFox
Shadow | The Bushranger
Shadow | Tormsskull
Jontom Xire | Alarra
Jontom Xire | Dragoon
Jontom Xire | Griever
Jontom Xire | happyturtle
Jontom Xire | V.Z.
Mustiado | Cynan Machae
Mustiado | Istari
Mustiado | Jontom Xire
Mustiado | Selrahc
Mustiado | Shadow
Eldritch Knight | Blue Umbrella
Eldritch Knight | The Vaillant Turtle
Tormsskull | hap_hazard
Tormsskull | Kwarkpudding
Tormsskull | Shishnarfne
Tormskull | Mustiado
Blue Umbrella | Eldritch Knight
Selrahc | Banjo1985
[/table]

Did not vote:

Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
evnafets
PirateMonk
Shadowcaller
SweetLikeLemons
xNadia

Up for autolynch: Nobody.

Mordokai
2008-12-14, 03:15 PM
Hate... math... must... resist... squishing... Zar Peter!

*fails Will save*
*squishes Zar Peter*

What?! He totally deserved it! :smallannoyed:

Nice narration btw, Pete! Made me laught.

Boo
2008-12-14, 03:17 PM
Dear Baner

Bane JX tonight.

I just know the Wolves are going to go after him, so JX should share as much information as he can asap just in case the baner is one of the auto-lynch candidates.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 03:17 PM

*fails Will save*
*squishes Zar Peter*

Hey I like math!
*tries to save Zar*
*fails as he's a ghost*
I love the references to the secret rules of WW. Heh. The Murska Constant :smallamused:. I take pride in spreading that. Always a wolf. (http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7727/39aeo6q74bhm3.jpg) :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 03:23 PM

*fails Will save*
*squishes Zar Peter*

You don't like math? :smalleek:

But... but... Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777-1855) was such a great surveyor and mathematician. I have a nice Biography of him I could borrow you (if it wasn't in German :smalltongue:)

And without Pythagoras I wouldn't have a job!

* Tries Reflex save *

Half Squishing damage...

Mordokai
2008-12-14, 03:32 PM
*squishes again*
*and again*
*and again*

*and again*

:smalltongue:

Tormsskull
2008-12-14, 04:29 PM
Was there a cutoff time for votes? My vote should have been for Mustiado, not Shadow. And 4 people pointed at me, not just 3 ( I think you attributed Mustiado's point at me to EK somehow).

If there is a cutoff time, probably should announce that, if it was just a simple counting mistake, then no big deal.

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 04:43 PM
Was there a cutoff time for votes? My vote should have been for Mustiado, not Shadow. And 4 people pointed at me, not just 3 ( I think you attributed Mustiado's point at me to EK somehow).

If there is a cutoff time, probably should announce that, if it was just a simple counting mistake, then no big deal.

Problem is: You didn't post a new post with your point but edited your vote into your old post. I count the votes all the time when I have time for it. I don't look back in the end of the day and check if someone edited his post with a new vote.

So, for clarification I make this an official rule:

DON'T CHANGE YOUR POINT BY EDITING! MAKE A NEW POST!

And I have overlooked Mustiados, sorry.

Tormsskull
2008-12-14, 04:47 PM
DON'T CHANGE YOUR POINT BY EDITING! MAKE A NEW POST!

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case. I was looking through the thread and I noticed Shadow did the same thing, but his was counted correctly, so I thought it was legit. My bad.

Zar Peter
2008-12-14, 04:49 PM
If you're lucky I haven't counted the votes till the edit. The problem is you never know if I already counted... so better make a new post. It's relatively save to edit your vote between 01:00am and 12:00am GMT +1 :smallwink:

Shadow
2008-12-14, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case. I was looking through the thread and I noticed Shadow did the same thing, but his was counted correctly, so I thought it was legit. My bad.

The difference is that my edit was 2 minutes after my post. Surely it hadn't been counted yet.
Your edit was 2 DAYS after your post. Surely it had been counted already.

Good luck guys.

Oh, and Petey.
That was awesome. :smallbiggrin: But I do have one correction to make....
“Don’t you know the major flaw in the Rule of Shadow?”

“No. What is it?”

“The wolves know the rule of Shadow so they don’t kill him if he’s a villager to make the villagers waste a lynch. In fact, nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME he got lynched (via the RoS) he was a villager and not a wolf.”

Boo
2008-12-14, 07:10 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't using, or endorsing the Rule of Shadow when I said I suspected you.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-14, 09:13 PM
“The wolves know the rule of Shadow so they don’t kill him if he’s a villager to make the villagers waste a lynch. In fact, nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME he got lynched (via the RoS) he was a villager and not a wolf.”

As someone who's had one experience in being a wolf in a game where Shadow wasn't a wolf, I can asure you this is not always the case form the wolves' point of view. There is nothing more frustrating to a wolf than a village who just won't lynch the experienced innocent players. :smallfrown: :smallsigh: :smalleek: :smallyuk: :smallconfused: :smallwink:

*sulks*

The Bushranger
2008-12-15, 12:56 AM
Just to be clear, I wasn't using, or endorsing the Rule of Shadow when I said I suspected you.

Me either. I was going it as being the only possible lead I had on a possible wolf...
Of course, being the Fool, there was a 50% chance I was wrong.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-15, 04:41 AM
Trouble is I only found out too late that Shadow and I were up for lynch. I knew he was innocent. I sometimes just can tell.

Ah well. Let's find some wolves. Spreadsheet analysis coming up soonish (hopefully).

Jontom Xire
2008-12-15, 04:48 AM
Immediate spreadsheet analysis.

Please let's lynch Mustiado next.

Day 2, points at Shadow.

Day 3, the votes are 4 for Reinholdt and 2 for Helgraf when Mustiado votes Helgraf, closely followed by a few others. Helgraf gets lynched, Reinholdt is saved. Also in key voting were Hap_hazard, Kwarkpudding, and Reinholdt.

Day 4 he "gives away" Murska who then gets night killed. So long as Murska's identity is known by a few in private, if he gets night killed, suspicion falls on them. Once Mustiado blurts it out the wolves can kill with impunity and no real suspicion attaching to Mustiado.

===EDIT===

The key vote switchers on Day 3 from Reinholdt to Helgraf were: Mustiado, Hap_hazard, and Kwarkpudding in that order.

Funnily, at the end of Day 5, three people pointed at Tormsskull: Mustiado, Hap_hazard, and Kwarkpudding. In that order.

Did you three have an accident with a cloning machine, or are you all living int he same house and two of you are on holiday while the third abuses your accounts? Or are you all wolves and co-ordinating your actions. I don't think Mustiado or Hap_hazard would make such a silly mistake (don't know you yet, Kwarkpudding, sorry), but nevertheless...it is strange.

Also Kwarkpudding is alternate day voting. I suspect (s)he's just voting the same as the person above them. In fact every vote has been the same as the person above them. Kwarkpudding, do you have not have your own opinion, are you just short of time, or are you trying to lie low?

Mustiado
2008-12-15, 06:42 AM
Oh FFS, JX. Seriously?

You're going to look pretty damn stupid when I get lynched and I'm a villager. And I'm going to feel very silly when I switched my VOTE AWAY FROM YOU TO KEEP YOU FROM BEING LYNCHED.

I voted Tormsskull because Shadow made a valid point about him. I thought it would be possible to rally support towards a bandwagon that wasn't the two of you. No, I don't know why Hap_hazard and Kwarkpudding are following me. The only one I'm even familiar with in passing is HH.

I'm flattered that you think I'm part of a wolf team 'clever' enough to throw a member of the group "to the wolves", to use a popular phrase, just to out the seer and remove suspicion from anyone else. Especially since the tactic is a foolish one, considering my track record of laying low in these games, and usually being left alone. For an example, see the LAST iteration of Classic, where I was one of the last three people in the game to be scried.

You don't think it's more likely that the wolves, after having ONE person take a stand against a runaway wolf bandwagon, aren't following him to make him look suspicious? To have you remove another villager and waste a lynch?

If you feel you absolutely must, lynch me. But you're lynching a villager, taking the easy way out instead of running down a lead on a different wolf.

I'm starting to wish Shadow was the one who had survived the lynch. In that situation, even if he thought I was a wolf, he would have stayed quiet for a few days and tried to analyze more 'wolves' out of my points, and attempted to sweep people up in one fell swoop. I honestly have to wonder about your intentions by creating your own 'seer day' by calling for my lynch before the day has even started.

You already asserted that you believe Kwarkpudding is following the person ahead of them because they're not sure of what's going on. You mention my voting record, but fail to mention the circumstances. Day two, yeah, I voted for Shadow. So have a dozen other people in a handful of games when they want a placeholder vote and don't care to rock the boat. Day Three, I was following one of Shadow's leads. He said he believed Helgraf to be a wolf, and gave a reason why. I'm always going to follow reasoning stated in thread over a mysterious "We think you should point at this person, and no, we won't tell you why" or a random bandwagon. I thought I knew why Murska was pointing at Reinholdt. It was his error that he chose to try to deceive me, and with such a flimsy untruth, as opposed to giving me solid reasoning. This same lie was the reason he got 'outed', as you so called it, and night killed.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-15, 06:46 AM
Well since we can almost trust shadow now lets see what his case against Tormskull was. I don't have any better idea.

Mustiado
2008-12-15, 07:14 AM
This is breaking three post rule, but it's a new thought now that I've gone back and read the thread again.

JX, you've forced me to do something I loathe to do. Re-read the entire thread, and see what was going on.

I figured as long as we are drawing silly voting parallels, we may as well look at some of yours.

Day 2 - You voted for Murska. The seer. Whereas the logic for my point at shadow was, as follows, "For pointing at Griever for pointing at JX." Griever and I are buddies, everyone knows that, and you took my semi Llama logic for a point that had little or no weight that day and made it into circumstantial evidence. By your system, which is more suspicious? A point at the as yet unrevealed seer, or a silly point at an oft pointed at figure as part of a joke?

Day 3 - You voted for Murska. The seer. Again. Not a lot else to see here, other than there was some early votes for Tormsskull, which was overridden by a Hero 1.0 bandwagon by some interesting folks, including Banjo. We'll get back to that. (That may actually have been day 2. I'm working from incomplete notes at this point, I didn't expect this to be as much of a corollary as it ended up being.) (Oh, also, you left Dirk Kris off of your Day 3 vote switching/adding list, as he ended up being the actual nail in the coffin on Helgraf's wagon. An interesting omission.)

Day 4 - Oh, you didn't point at the seer. You pointed at Reinholdt. Perfectly reasonable. Except for the fact that you were either the first or second person to do it after Reinholdt pointed at himself. Which he did about midway through the day. Plenty of time for you to have communication with the other wolves. Plenty of time for him to confirm that PM I had sent to him, allowing you guys to put together that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Murska was the seer. And you were immediately followed by Banjo, if I recall. As well as Tormsskull, whom you were protecting later that same day, and the day before when the Hero wagon came and removed him as one of the two main lynch candidates. Which was fueled by Banjo.

Day 5 - This would be where you immediately jumped all over me for 'outing the seer.' Made sure that you put it out in plain writing, so that the villagers who didn't follow the game closely would see "outed the seer, and got him killed by the wolves." Very first post of the day. A good way to get people to see things your way. Too bad it drew just as much suspicion as it was meant to cast after I gave some reasoning. Led to a Shadow/JX lynch race. After reviewing everything, I came up with a third possibility, one that Shadow himself originally backed, and one that could have saved him if we had stuck with it: Tormsskull. You posted several times after that, but never mentioned or discussed the possibilities of Tormsskull being a wolf, either in response to Shadow's post or my own. It's almost like you didn't want it mentioned again.

Now, here we are again, with your preemptive strike to have me under suspicion, this time before the day has even began. I wonder who your early support will be. Maybe Banjo1985, Tormsskull, and Istari. No harm in throwing out names here. Especially if they are villagers.

It looks like it might end up being you or me, JX. Granted, you're a better asset to the villagers if you're on their side. But I don't believe you are.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-15, 07:51 AM
Hi, Mustiado.

I'm really sorry if I've upset you. To answer some of your points:

1) My analysis has been quick and very very brief in case I get night killed by the wolves. It does have flaws. It always has flaws. Nevertheless there is some odd stuff happening around you.

2) Dirk Kris' point was not instrumental in lynching Helgraf. The votes were 6-4 in Helgraf's favour at that point.

3) I didn't make any mention of Tormsskull being a wolf or not because firstly I knew damn well we'd never shift enough votes to save Shadow AND me, and secondly I didn't think he was a wolf.

I would hope I've posted enough proof that Murska scried me as a villager. I'm surprised that you doubt which side I'm on.

Shadowcaller, it's still night.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-15, 07:52 AM
Shadowcaller, it's still night.

Hm? Well your long discussion confused me, now I have to wait...

Dirk Kris
2008-12-15, 08:26 AM
Get on with it![/Monty Python]

hap_hazard
2008-12-15, 10:34 AM
*points at sig*

Didn't even realise that was happening. And you guys probably won't believe me, but my pointing had nothing to do with Mustiado. Whatever other reasons you have for lynching him, don't add this.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-15, 11:10 AM
This is breaking three post rule...

No, it's not. The Three Post rule doesn't work here.

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-15, 01:01 PM
Also Kwarkpudding is alternate day voting. I suspect (s)he's just voting the same as the person above them. In fact every vote has been the same as the person above them. Kwarkpudding, do you have not have your own opinion, are you just short of time, or are you trying to lie low?

Don't worry, I have my own opinion. This is my first Werewolf Game, so I thought it would be better to keep to the background a bit, so I can learn how to play. I realise it might be suspicious that I point at who the person above me points, but it's mostly from lack of ideas, or coincidence. That's what the order of points were on day 3 and 5, nothing more.

Also, I'm sure I haven't voted on the same person as the one above me did. One day 4 I pointed differently from Mustiado and V.Z., who both pointed at Murska.

The key vote switchers on Day 3 from Reinholdt to Helgraf were: Mustiado, Hap_hazard, and Kwarkpudding in that order.

Funnily, at the end of Day 5, three people pointed at Tormsskull: Mustiado, Hap_hazard, and Kwarkpudding. In that order.

Maybe you like lists, but I didn't switch my vote on day 3. I've switched my point only once, to dallas-dakota on day 1.

Finally, if I had to wait on someone else to point at anybody other than who I was going to point at, I would be auto-lynched by now.

Zar Peter
2008-12-15, 01:11 PM
END OF NIGHT 5

He was plotting. There must be a way to get in contact with them. He had so many useful informations but he didn’t find the spawn of the evil till now. Not much time left, either, it seems the person he impersonated wasn’t that loved amongst the students. He was just so close to get lynched on day one. And it didn’t seem as he were going to go off of the list of potential evlidoers. Not that he didn’t belong on said list, no, but he would prefer to be more in the background.

He needed some fresh air. Who to scry, that was the question. So many possibilities. The villagers already found two, it wasn’t that difficult at all.

Suddenly he heard a wolf.

“Ahh, they are hunting” he thought. “Who will be the poor chap who get’s eaten today? I hope it isn’t my scry victim… that would be bad luck. A wasted scry…”

Another howl, a little closer this time.

“Oh, it’s someone of the neighbourhood. Ah well, let’s concentrate on my scry victim…”

Suddenly he smelled the breath of a wolf in his neck. And felt a paw on his shoulder.

“What? No! That’s a mistake! I’m the DEV…” a gurgling noise can be heard as his throat is cut through.

The wolves, still happy about finding the Seer are celebrating.

“Hooray! And today we will eat this young guy here. That will be delicious!”

“What did he say? It’s a mistake? Hahaha! How often did we hear this?”

One of the wolves who who had watched the corpse suddenly spoke up

“Ermm… Young guy? And didn’t he say he’s the Dev…?”

“Yes, but why shall I listen to food?”

“Maybe you should have listened… he just transformed… into this:

http://www.simpsonsmania.de/Infos/burns2.gif

“Eeeewww... that doesn’t look healthy... what’s this?”

“Hmm… given the transformation and the look… might be the devil.”

“WHAT? WE KILLED THE DEVIL? ****.”

“Well… let’s go home, shall we? I think the celebrations are canceled…”

The next morning the villagers find the dead body lying in the middle of the camp. After a search they find another dead body in Eldritch Knights tent. Now it's clear, the devil is dead

SUMMARY: Eldritch Knight was killed by the wolves, he was the Devil

Day begins and ends in about 48 hours.

Boo
2008-12-15, 01:11 PM
Y'know, I did that when I was a wolf back in my first game (which just happened to be the last classic).

You don't want to stick to the background, it will get you lynched.

I'm still sticking to Eldritch Knight. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'll probably be lynched after him if he turns out to be anything but a wolf.

EDIT: @^ HELLZ YEAH! I WAS RIGHT!

Now since he was the devil, I'll not point at Alarra. Today I'll side with Shadow, and point at Tormsskull.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-15, 01:25 PM
I'll point at Tormskull, also.

:smallsmile: They killed the devil. I love it when they kill themselves. :smallsmile:

Dirk Kris
2008-12-15, 01:27 PM
Join, join, join, join the bandwagon!
Tormskull

happyturtle
2008-12-15, 01:44 PM
Y'know, I did that when I was a wolf back in my first game (which just happened to be the last classic).

You don't want to stick to the background, it will get you lynched.

I'm still sticking to Eldritch Knight. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'll probably be lynched after him if he turns out to be anything but a wolf.

EDIT: @^ HELLZ YEAH! I WAS RIGHT!

Now since he was the devil, I'll not point at Alarra. Today I'll side with Shadow, and point at Tormsskull.

I'd already decided to point at EK today. So since you were right about him, I'll follow your lead, Blue.

Tormsskull.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-15, 01:45 PM
Wait... did the curse just turn on itself?

Has this ever happend before in a WW-game by the way?

Tormsskull
2008-12-15, 01:46 PM
I'd like to point out that back on Post #79 I totally called this. EK was going to be killed very early on, and DD decided he didn't have enough time to play, and self-sacrificed. In turn, that saved EK. At that point I called attention to the fact that I wondered if that was a scheme to save the Devil. While my logic turned out to be wrong (evidenced by the fact that the wolves ate their devil) my instinct was correct in thinking EK was the Devil.

If I do get lynched today, I would also like to point out the fact that Shadow started the idea that I was guilty, as indicated by his earlier post and other people saying "I'm following Shadow in pointing at Tormsskull." All credit should be attributed to him & his grenade launcher or RPG or whatever. :smallwink:

As for my point, I'm going with hap_hazard.

Murska
2008-12-15, 02:00 PM
Yay. I got my revenge! The Curse was reversed! :smallbiggrin:

Boo
2008-12-15, 02:05 PM
Considering that it was the devil that was killed, no one should be considered any less suspicious.

Now I have other suspects I could point at, but I'll save those for tomorrow.

Dirk Kris (could be keeping low for the sake of not being noticed)
hap_hazard (hectic schedule excuse to not be noticed)
Shadowcaller (acting the cod)
Kwarkpudding (I don't trust pudding :smalltongue:)

Although JX's explanations were a bit flawed, they were not misplaced.

Fostire
2008-12-15, 02:05 PM
tormsskull

PhantomFox
2008-12-15, 03:05 PM
Wow, the Devil's gone by the wolves' own hands. Back luck for them. Can I retroactively credit this to the Luck Of The Vulpine? :smallbiggrin: (Heh, starting to turn into a catchphrase of mine)

Anyhow... regarding the great Mustiado-Jontom debate...

Well, my 'score system 2.0' has Mustiado in the lead with 3.25, but he just doesn't feel like a wolf to me. I highly doubt he'd pull a stunt and 'expose' the seer in public when he could just have told the rest of the pack in private. And now that the Devil's dead, that possible excuse is gone.

As for Jontom, my suspicions are starting to wane. My theory was that if he IS a wolf, he would only kill Murska if they were pretty sure his seerness, as it would horribly incriminate him otherwise. Now that it's clear that the wolves weren't in contact with the Devil, that theory loses credence. Of course they could have figured it out on their own as well, with Mustiado's post (who Reinholdt claimed he was talking to as well). So... I still don't know. Perhaps it's just his aggressiveness that's rubbing me wrong.

As for Tormsskull, I can't seem to locate the arguement against him. Could someone give me a cliff notes version?

In the meantime, I'm going to have to go with my previous suspicion of hap_hazard

Shishnarfne
2008-12-15, 03:11 PM
"You know, people were pretty quick to go after Tormsskull this morning... Perhaps one of them might know more... happyturtle, do you have any particular reason to go after him, other than Shadow's brief comments?"

happyturtle
2008-12-15, 03:17 PM
"You know, people were pretty quick to go after Tormsskull this morning... Perhaps one of them might know more... happyturtle, do you have any particular reason to go after him, other than Shadow's brief comments?"

I was following Blue, not Shadow. Although Blue may have been following Shadow. I don't know why Blue Umbrella suspects him, but I'm going with the theory that Blue was right about EK, so might be right about Tormsskull as well.

Fostire
2008-12-15, 03:34 PM

Blue is following shadow

Boo
2008-12-15, 03:51 PM
Yes, I am. Why not? Since EK was killed, I've no real suspects besides the ones pointed out by JX and Shadow.

I do have HH on my suspects list, but I've chosen to point at TS today.

Mustiado
2008-12-15, 05:12 PM
Wow, the Devil's gone by the wolves' own hands. Back luck for them. Can I retroactively credit this to the Luck Of The Vulpine? :smallbiggrin: (Heh, starting to turn into a catchphrase of mine)

Anyhow... regarding the great Mustiado-Jontom debate...

Well, my 'score system 2.0' has Mustiado in the lead with 3.25, but he just doesn't feel like a wolf to me. I highly doubt he'd pull a stunt and 'expose' the seer in public when he could just have told the rest of the pack in private. And now that the Devil's dead, that possible excuse is gone.

As for Jontom, my suspicions are starting to wane. My theory was that if he IS a wolf, he would only kill Murska if they were pretty sure his seerness, as it would horribly incriminate him otherwise. Now that it's clear that the wolves weren't in contact with the Devil, that theory loses credence. Of course they could have figured it out on their own as well, with Mustiado's post (who Reinholdt claimed he was talking to as well). So... I still don't know. Perhaps it's just his aggressiveness that's rubbing me wrong.

As for Tormsskull, I can't seem to locate the arguement against him. Could someone give me a cliff notes version?

In the meantime, I'm going to have to go with my previous suspicion of hap_hazard

Actually, it's kind of ironic that you bring this up again, Phantom, as Tormsskull is using the same faulty defense again to take suspicion away from himself.

We already established once that the wolves and the devil were blind from each other, the first time Torms suggested the DD "drop-out" lynch was a ploy to protect the devil. Now the wolves have accidentally night killed the devil, and he's still claiming they protected him? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'll stick with Tormsskull, as it seems we started a tidy little bandwagon against him.

Also, JX... I'm not personally offended, but I tend to get very 'involved' when I do analysis, especially for my defense. :smallsmile: Don't worry. I'm not offended or angry.

EDIT: Sorry Torms, I just saw that you already reminded us that your logic was bad. But still, what has been set in motion and all that... I still give Shadow the credit for making you look suspicious in the first place.

PirateMonk
2008-12-15, 05:18 PM
Tormsskull seems fairly innocent, though I'm probably wrong. Hap_hazard.

Tormsskull
2008-12-15, 05:26 PM
EDIT: Sorry Torms, I just saw that you already reminded us that your logic was bad. But still, what has been set in motion and all that

That's ok, gotta go with what you think is best. Under the assumption that you lynch me and I turn up villager, what conclusions will you be able to draw?

... I still give Shadow the credit for making you look suspicious in the first place.

So, if turns out I am a villager, that would make it a bad move on his part, right? Make sure to mention that if I get lynched :smalltongue:

Boo
2008-12-15, 05:34 PM
You're right, perhaps we should try someone else. Lord Rod.

Eldritch Knight
2008-12-15, 05:52 PM
I'd like to point out that back on Post #79 I totally called this. EK was going to be killed very early on, and DD decided he didn't have enough time to play, and self-sacrificed. In turn, that saved EK. At that point I called attention to the fact that I wondered if that was a scheme to save the Devil. While my logic turned out to be wrong (evidenced by the fact that the wolves ate their devil) my instinct was correct in thinking EK was the Devil.

If I do get lynched today, I would also like to point out the fact that Shadow started the idea that I was guilty, as indicated by his earlier post and other people saying "I'm following Shadow in pointing at Tormsskull." All credit should be attributed to him & his grenade launcher or RPG or whatever. :smallwink:

As for my point, I'm going with hap_hazard.

Well, can't say I'm surprised. After all, people have played with me often enough to know that trusting me is a lot like trusting Shadow - suicide at worst and problematic at best.

Boo
2008-12-15, 06:03 PM
My distrust for you started with Alarra pointing your way on the first day. That lead me to want to test you as a wolf, which would have lead me to believe Alarra was a wolf too.

Then there was your "I don't want to sway the votes" point, which was REALLY suspicious. I wouldn't compare you to Shadow, but then again I haven't really played with you all to often.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-15, 06:10 PM
I guess I'll join the bandwagon, Tormskull.

Shadow
2008-12-15, 06:29 PM
trusting Shadow - suicide at worst and problematic at best.
Someone run and make an inspirational poster of this!
:smallbiggrin:

@V: Well done!

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 06:33 PM
Done and done. http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4418/grvjbluzascr6.jpg

Zar Peter
2008-12-15, 06:39 PM
I'm remembering Lama Lama Duck... and I knew he was a bad guy there...

The Bushranger
2008-12-15, 06:58 PM
grr, was busy and somehow missed a night.
Anyway:
Tormskull

Selrahc
2008-12-15, 07:33 PM
Banjo why did you think I was definitely a wolf?

If you are a villager, it doesn't make much sense with my all wolf record, and if you are a wolf it fits perfectly into the "Draw suspicion then get a lynch" archetype.

evnafets
2008-12-15, 08:10 PM
Ok, thats enough. Time to pull out the old chestnut.

There is no way the bandwagon for Tormsskull would have grown this fast if he was a wolf. There would have been other dissenting views by now. Shadow was completely wrong about Helgraf. He may or may not be right about Tormsskull - who has been using faulty logic, but I think we can do better than just blindly following.

Lets go back to day 3 shall we? Votes to lynch Reinholdt had come out early (Shadowcaller, Deathslayer, Murska) - we now know this was prompted by a scry. The bandwagon stalled as other names came were put forward - but noone else took the lead. Until there was a rush of votes for Helgraf. It was started by Shadow (back in 161), PhantomFox(174), and then 3 in a row - Mustiado, Haphazard, Kwarkpudding
That was enough to lynch Helgraf and save Reinholdt.

I think those three names have been mentioned by others as well.

Haphazard and Kwarkpudding were on the seer's bandwagon. Mustiado (right at the end) was not.

I think HapHazard is more suspicious than Tormsskull at this point.
evnafets points at HapHazard

Istari
2008-12-15, 08:16 PM
Mustiado
Multiple bandwagons make brain hurt

Alarra
2008-12-15, 08:42 PM
I don't particularly care for either bandwagon, but Haphazard's has better reasoning.

Mustiado
2008-12-15, 11:09 PM
Good news Torms, I think we have something useful out of today! Plus you might not get lynched!

hap_hazard, and I urge everyone else to do the same.

Boo
2008-12-15, 11:23 PM
You're quite right, we did get information out of today. I'm positive this game isn't going to go well for the wolves.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-16, 12:36 AM
hap-hazard

Lex-Kat
2008-12-16, 12:45 AM
I'll change my point to Hap-Hazard.

But I'm still watching you Tormskull. :smallwink:

Cynan Machae
2008-12-16, 01:16 AM
This hasn't changed much what I thought from last round. I'm going with Mustadio again.

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 02:34 AM
Blargh. Removing point, again. Yeah, I know all the vote changing makes me look suspicy.

Brain hurts. Have to go to work.

Dragoon
2008-12-16, 02:53 AM
Hearing the others talk about whom might be a wolf, since the devil is in now dead, made their lives easier, made the strangely dressed man quite smiling. The two bandwagons that went up quickly worried the man, though hap_hazard seemed much more worrisome at the moment.

Deathslayer7
2008-12-16, 02:54 AM
wow. just wow. :smallbiggrin:

not sure who to point at, so saving it.

Boo
2008-12-16, 02:57 AM
*looks at DS7 with suspicion*

Ye be a sneaky lass, but I amn't fallin' fer yer tricks this time, ye evil bird, ye![/joke]

Jontom Xire
2008-12-16, 03:49 AM
<sigh>

How is it when Evnafets repeats exactly my logic, everyone folows him.

Anyway, I find the speed with with which the hap_hazard bandwagon has grown fairly suspicious, and particularly the Mustiado point. I suspect that Hap_hazard may well be a wolf, but the way Mustiado didn't just point at him, but actually urged everyone else to point at him makes it seem to me that he saw a run away bandwagon and figured he'd get a good cover story but not so much joining it, but appearing to give it a hefty push at a critical moment.

Trouble is I could see that even if he hadn't given it a shove it probably would have run well enough anyway.

Nychta
2008-12-16, 04:50 AM
Okay, we got lucky with the wolves killing the devil, but now I'm unsure as to who to vote for.
I'm sort of tossing up between hap_hazard and Kwarkpudding. The speed of the hap_hazard bandwagon puts me off, though, and Kwarkpudding has explained her odd voting record. I'd prefer to wait, but I don't want to forget and get auto'd like I did in Memesville...
hap_hazard

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-16, 07:16 AM
Changing point to hap_hazard since there seems to be a better argument for him.

hap_hazard
2008-12-16, 10:10 AM
hap_hazard

Good luck. :smallwink:

Zar Peter
2008-12-16, 11:44 AM
day will end in about 3 hours

PhantomFox
2008-12-16, 12:25 PM
Um... it's only been one day so far. Don't day phases last two?

V.Z.
2008-12-16, 12:38 PM
(( No time to analyze everything right now and my vote wouldn't make a difference anyway, so just to be sure a quick last-minute point at V.Z.. That lowlife, backstabbing, good-for-nothing, not to forget stunningly gorgeous piece of meat is probably some "neutral role" aiding the wolves. Sie'll doom us all! ))

Zar Peter
2008-12-16, 12:42 PM
Um... it's only been one day so far. Don't day phases last two?

Oh.... Looks back...
:smallredface:

Yes, I thought I posted day beginning earlier... sorry, day ends in 26 hours...

Dr. Bath
2008-12-16, 12:45 PM
Bushranger! You are a wolf. I decree it.

Fin
2008-12-16, 01:36 PM
Mustiado has my vote, he does!

PhantomFox
2008-12-16, 01:45 PM
*updates personal spreadsheet*

Whoa, this wagon switched over FAST! I agree, perhaps it was a bit too fast. There was a string of four straight points at Hap_hazard after evnafets pointed out the speed of the Tormsskull wagon, and then another string of three a bit later. The score is now 12-3 in 'favor' of hap_hazard. I'm cross checking both wagons to see who was on both, but all I found is Lex-kat and Mustiado. The problem is Musty doesn't seem very wolfish, and Lex-kat was late on the Reinholdt wagon versus Helgraf, which doesn't make sense for a wolf to do.

*keeps digging*

Mustiado
2008-12-16, 01:55 PM
I'm not very wolfish, I'm not! *goes back to find his razor to remove his fu.... beard. Yeah. That's the ticket.*

Zar Peter
2008-12-17, 01:25 PM
END OF DAY 6

Another day passes by and the discussants are getting more and more into a rage.

“So, what will we use? I say Math’s again. It’s just the most exact science I know.”

“You’re serious? We used Math’s on Shadow and what did we get?”

“The hanging was quite spectacular.”

“Shut up. We lost a villager. A very useful Villager.”

“Ok, but what do you want to use? Theologie?”

“How do you use Theologie to find a wolf?”

“Well, if we pray with the correct words to the correct god maybe he/she/it sends us a sign.”

“Are you serious? What sign would that be? A lightning? Like: Flash, here’s your wolf. Or should I say “Hot Dog”? That would be much too easy, don’t you think?”

“Ok, ok… well, maybe Philosophy? Rene Descartes…”

“Ha, Descartes…. I think therefore you are a wolf? You already fail on the first part…”

“WHAT? You wanna fight? Come on here, I’ll give you some thinking…”

“Calm down everybody, I’m sure we can find a wolf by logical determination and thoughtful acting. Definitely not by punching each other over some overestimated Philosopher.”

“Whom do you call overestimated?”

“Ok, I’m sorry. But now concentrate on the really important things…”

“Mathematics?”

“SHUT UP! Moron!”

“No, finding wolves! I’ve don some research and I found in this book that hap_hazard is likely to be a wolf.”

“What? Well… if the book says so… let’s ask him… hazard? Are you a wolf?”

“Hmm what? No, don’t think so…”

“Ah, a evidence, no wolf would admit being a wolf.”

“Ah, come on! This joke is that old, I can’t hear it anymore.”

“Ok, ok. Anyway, let’s lynch him.”

And the scientists drag hap_hazard to the gallows and hang him. Nothing happened.

“Hah! According to your book… which book is it by the way?”

“Here: Dungeouns and Dragons Monster Hand Book. I thought of Hap_Hazard and opened a page. And I found this: Winter Wolf…”

“Oh my god!”

“See, Theologie would have worked, too, for sure!”

“SHUT UP!”

Summary: hap_hazard was lynched, he was a villager.

Night begins and ends in about 24 hours. Send all your actions to Mordokai and me.

The votings:

{table=head]victim|voted at by]
hap_hazard | Alarra
hap_hazard | Dragoon
hap_hazard | evnafets
hap_hazard | hap_hazard
hap_hazard | Lex-kat
hap_hazard | Mustiado
hap_hazard | PhantomFox
hap_hazard | PirateMonk
hap_hazard | SweetLikeLemons
hap_hazard | The Vaillant Turtle
hap_hazard | Tormsskull
hap_hazard | xNadia
Mustiado | Cynan Machae
Mustiado | Fin
Mustiado | Istari
Mustiado | Jontom Xire
Tormsskull | Dirk Kris
Tormsskull | LordRod
Tormsskull | The Bushranger
Banjo | Selrahc
Bushranger | Dr. Bath
happyturtle | Shishnarfne
Lord Rod | Blue Umbrella
V.Z. | V.Z.
[/table]

Did not vote:

Banjo1985
deathslayer7
Griever
happyturtle
Haruki-kun
Kwarkpudding
Shadowcaller

Did not vote 2 days in a row: Shadowcaller

Shadowcaller
2008-12-17, 01:28 PM
Aww crap:smalleek:.

Well I hope I remember to vote tomorrow.

PhantomFox
2008-12-17, 02:11 PM
*sigh*

Thought I had someone this time.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-17, 02:15 PM
Great. Just great. Let's get Tormskull next time.

Mustiado
2008-12-17, 11:47 PM
Kinda busts my next lead too. *waits for the inevitable lynch wagon*

Zar Peter
2008-12-19, 02:55 AM
Due to Company Christmas Celebration night is delayed... will do it today evening.

Zar Peter
2008-12-19, 09:11 AM
END OF NIGHT 6

And today?

Well... we want something special. What do you suggest?

Hmmm… how about something from nobility? Tent Nr. 12. It’s the third tent left. You can’t miss it, it’s crimson with some crowns painted on it.

Ok, thank you. Can we have some Tabasco and Salt?

Of course, here you are. Bon appetite…

The next morning the vilagers found LordRod in his tent. They didn’t find much of him. And thanks to the crimson tent the sight wasn’t that bad.

SUMMARY: LordRod was eaten by the wolves, he was a villager.

Day begins and ends when Mordokai decides that it end. At last 48 hours from now.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-19, 09:12 AM
I will vote for... Fin beacuse his name is short (or long, depends on who you ask)

Jontom Xire
2008-12-19, 10:46 AM
I can't find the PM, but I vaguely remember Shadow being suspicious of Dirk Kris (surprise surprise we were in contact!). I also vaguely remember reading a Dirk Kris point/post and thinking it seemed a bit suspicious.

So I went and did some vote analysis. Interesting.

Well anyway I point at Dirk Kris.

Fostire
2008-12-19, 11:01 AM
:smallfrown: and I just got lynched in pokemon too damn lolcats

Boo
2008-12-19, 11:26 AM
Hey, Dragoon, why have the wolves been killing my points the past two days?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-19, 01:08 PM
I'll trust Jontom Xire for one day. Dirk Kris.

Mustiado
2008-12-19, 01:11 PM
... :smallconfused:

At least JX and I are seeing the same thing for once. Dirk Kris. Although I don't know how much water this holds now that Hap_hazard was proven innocent.

Also, I need to file away, ZP. I'll be back on Sunday, but then I start traveling again on Monday, so it's just for safety's sake.

Selrahc
2008-12-19, 01:19 PM
I still want Banjo to explain why he thinks I'm a wolf, but I'll go with this Dirk Kris wagon for now.

Griever
2008-12-19, 01:39 PM
Shadowcaller.

PhantomFox
2008-12-19, 01:41 PM
Um... Shadowcaller was proxy for Murska, so wouldn't he have been scried and trusted?

Deathslayer7
2008-12-19, 01:42 PM
Lex-kat

*i still love you. :smallsmile:*

Shadowcaller
2008-12-19, 01:44 PM
Um... Shadowcaller was proxy for Murska, so wouldn't he have been scried and trusted?

Well either Griever is pointing at random or I might in fact be the alpha or perhaps Murska didin't scry me and just assumed that I was a villager.

PhantomFox
2008-12-19, 01:46 PM
Well either Griever is pointing at random or I might in fact be the alpha or perhaps Murska didin't scry me and just assumed that I was a villager.

No Alpha in this game.

Boo
2008-12-19, 01:47 PM
There's no Alpha in Classic.

I'll point at Griever tomorrow.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-19, 01:47 PM
No Alpha in this game.

I always forget that...

The Bushranger
2008-12-19, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure how accurate this thing is, the redhead motions to her pendant, but it tells me that Tormskull is one of our wolfy 'friends'.

She then sighs and grabs her shovel to conduct yet another burial.

happyturtle
2008-12-19, 02:18 PM
"Sounds reasonable to me," Happy mutters, glad that someone else is digging for once.

Tormskull

Istari
2008-12-19, 03:19 PM
: damn lolcats

hehe

Dirk Kris since Shadow's trust level is much higher now that hes a good guy and dead

Shishnarfne
2008-12-19, 04:53 PM
Well, let's go with Dirk Kris before I head out for the weekend...

Fin
2008-12-19, 05:18 PM
I will vote for... Fin beacuse his name is shorts (or long, depends on who you ask)

Yes Shadowcaller it is indeed the longest name on these boards with all the silent 'N's, 'I's and 'F's. But I had to make it look shorter for my screen name as it was too long to be permitted in its unaltered form. For you see I am in fact... a Dictionary!

<.<
>.>

Anyway, Dirk Kris

Cynan Machae
2008-12-19, 05:28 PM
Well there seems to be a conscensus on Dirk Kris...

PhantomFox
2008-12-19, 05:32 PM
I'm not liking the way this wagon is shaping up. All I see against Dirk is his point against Helgraf, when he was following Shadow's lead.

Selrahc

Alarra
2008-12-19, 05:56 PM
Istari.

I don't really have a reason, but someone insinuated they were suspicious earlier and this bandwagon is moving rather fast.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-19, 08:59 PM
Hmmmm, this poses a unique problem. Are we allowed to trust Shadow once he's dead. That's a tough one.

I don't have any better ideas though. I guess I'll join the Dirk Kris bandwagon.

Has anyone checked to make sure Shadow really was suspicious of Dirk Kris? I don't really have time to do that myself.

Dragoon
2008-12-20, 12:27 AM
"The wolves have been killing who you point at, then why are you pointing at me? Find a wolf to point at please?" He looks at the man strangely before walking away and pointing at Tormskull. Not liking where this bandwagon is going, though if their right, he would have to man up that he was wrong.

Nychta
2008-12-20, 12:33 AM
Hmmmm, this poses a unique problem. Are we allowed to trust Shadow once he's dead. That's a tough one.

I don't have any better ideas though. I guess I'll join the Dirk Kris bandwagon.

Has anyone checked to make sure Shadow really was suspicious of Dirk Kris? I don't really have time to do that myself.
It's bad enough trusting Shadow when he's alive and can/might give justification for his suspicions. I'll go with Tormskull instead.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-20, 04:40 AM

I think he sent it in a PM to me that I no longer have, although I may well be mistaken. I might be mistaking him for someone else.

Anyway I always do my own analysis before I trust what people tell me, and there was more than just his point at Helgraf.

Still, it's more helpful if people don't just jump on bandwagons.

Tormsskull
2008-12-20, 08:01 AM
Well, I know I'm not a wolf, so Dirk Kris.

Dr. Bath
2008-12-20, 08:54 AM
I will go with Bushranger again, he is pointing fairly erratically, which I have not seen him do on previous occasions I've played in the same game as him. On said previous occasions he was not a wolf, making me think he now is one.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-20, 10:50 AM
Shadowcaller.

PirateMonk
2008-12-20, 12:57 PM
Dirk Kris to see where this goes.

Griever
2008-12-21, 01:09 PM
Haruki-kun...

Mordokai
2008-12-21, 05:43 PM
END OF DAY 7

Another day in the camp. Peaceful, quiet, birds are singing...

“Where is that bard?!“

Well, it looked like it will be a peaceful and quiet day. Looks like it wasn't a given. Soon enough, the source of the ruckus becomes obvious. From behind one of the houses, a young and handsome student appears, carrying a guitar in his hands, while storming away from the building. He looks pretty angry. Following him, is a middle aged professor with a long beard flowing freely in the wind. From the looks of it, he is already a little tired.

“Now look there young man, you can't practice your heretical teachings here! We're institution of science, not, not... this!“

“Tell me one thing that's wrong with playing music for curative purposes!“

“The whole idea... it's propostreous!“

“Like Galieleo's idea was propostreous? Like Kopernikus was considered crazy?“

“There is no possibility for you to be as great as the men you speak of!“

“Hm. You know what professor? You maybe right, perhaps music can't heal people.“

“Good lad, good! I knew you'd came to your senses. Now, if you'll only...“

“But it can damn well hurt them!“

And before even giving him the chance to react, the bard smashes his guitar over the head of the professor. With a wide grin, he then walks away.

“Guess you'll have to find yourself a more classic way of healing.“

Summary: Dirk Kris was lynched. He was a villager. He was also a reason there is now another soul out there that is none too happy about bards.

Night seven starts now and last for about 24 hours. Send your night actions to me and Zar Peter.

Mordokai
2008-12-22, 06:21 PM
END OF NIGHT 7

Tonight we find the narrator in the middle of very fractic thinking.

“What to do, what to say, what to write...“

He walks around his room some more, supporting his chin with his hand.

“Aaaarrrgghh! It's useless! I just can't come up with anything tonight!“

Sitting down behind his desk, he puts his chin in both his hands and let his mind wander for few moments. He lets it wander far away... to the dreamland in fact.

“Where... where am I?“

“Welcome visitor, to the land of the dreams!“

“Huh-buh-wah?! Say what?“

“I said, welcome to the land of the dreams. You fell asleep, you're dreaming, therefore, you are our guest for the next few hours.“

“I see... Aaaand... what am I supposed to do in the meantime?“

“Well... you can frolick in the meadows, you can play football with other kids, you can chase bugs...“

“And that's it? What about the promised wild fantasies coming true?“

“You're thinking the NC-17 department. This is PG-13. Kids friendly dreams and everything. Over here, the biggest violence is a daisy getting squashed by a careless child. And even then, it's as good as new the next moment. There is no violence here!“

As if multiverse had some sick sense of irony, a big and hary werewolf materiales next to the dream fairy at that moment.

“Welcome visitor, to the land of the dreams!“

*repeat the procedure here*

“So wait... you're telling me I can't eat anybody here or do something similar nasty?“

“That is correct!“

And with that, the wolf grabs the fairy and proceeds to chew her head off. All of a sudden, red lights start flashing, alarm goes off and the birds start falling from the threes, mowed down by the fire of machine guns, that manifested out of nowhere. Looking around, the wolf and narrator look at each other.

“I think the zone has just been promoted to R.“

Summary: Shishnarfne was eaten by wolves. He was a villager. He was subjected to the most horrible curse of them all: lack of imagination from narrator's side.

Day 8 starts now and ends in approximately 48 hours. Seeing the Christmas is drawing near, I'll probably give everybody an autolynch immunity for this day, unless Zar Peter has something to say in this. After that, it's back to normal schedule.

Tormsskull
2008-12-22, 06:23 PM
Lex-kat. Seems fishy to me.

Boo
2008-12-22, 06:24 PM
Istari, your acting odd. Any reason?

Istari
2008-12-22, 07:44 PM
Your going to have to be more specific then odd

List
Blue Umbrella

Boo
2008-12-22, 07:47 PM
Just odd. I might be wrong in my assumptions, but judging by your tiny reaction I'm presuming I'm right.

Istari
2008-12-22, 08:31 PM
your on the list now buddy :smalltongue:

List
Blue Umbrella

PhantomFox
2008-12-23, 03:47 PM
Blah, voting is slow. Haruki for now.

happyturtle
2008-12-23, 03:52 PM
Tormskull

explosive runes

Mordokai
2008-12-23, 04:08 PM
explosive runes

*gets blown up... again*

Goddamit happy...

evnafets
2008-12-23, 04:24 PM
Lets go back to day 3 shall we? Votes to lynch Reinholdt had come out early (Shadowcaller, Deathslayer, Murska) - we now know this was prompted by a scry. The bandwagon stalled as other names came were put forward - but noone else took the lead. Until there was a rush of votes for Helgraf. It was started by Shadow (back in 161), PhantomFox(174), and then 3 in a row - Mustiado, Haphazard, Kwarkpudding
That was enough to lynch Helgraf and save Reinholdt.

I think those three names have been mentioned by others as well.

Haphazard and Kwarkpudding were on the seer's bandwagon. Mustiado (right at the end) was not.

Using my argument from the other day
evnafets points at Kwarkpudding

Deathslayer7
2008-12-23, 04:43 PM
shadowcaller for similar reasons stated in pokemon.

PhantomFox
2008-12-23, 04:56 PM
Hmm... that's certainly better than what I've come up with. Kwarkpudding

Dragoon
2008-12-23, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure I'm happy with deathslayer7's reasoning, may change later.

Alarra
2008-12-23, 06:58 PM
I'm going to stick with Istari, cause something just feels off about him to me.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-23, 09:00 PM
Istari, to show support.

Istari
2008-12-23, 09:09 PM
Nothing I say is going to help is it? :smallsigh:

Cynan Machae
2008-12-23, 11:53 PM
I'll go with Tormskull, I don't get the same odd feeling about Istari that people seems to be bandwagoning, but someone could maybe care to explain me :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2008-12-24, 01:02 AM
Lex-Kat is editing posts now. That got me lynched for no reason once. :smalltongue:

I want to cast in a totally different direction though. Cynan Machae

Lex-Kat
2008-12-24, 01:11 AM
Yeah, but look at the time. You can't now, because I'm changing my point, but I have a habit of posting, then needing to edit, because I forgot something.

Anyway, it was like a minute between the post, and the edit.

So, now to change my point. Tormskull, to show support of Happyturtle.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-24, 02:45 AM
*points at Tormskull*

Jontom Xire
2008-12-24, 04:41 AM
I point at kwarkpudding for the reasons Evnafets stole from me and also for other reasons I won't go into here.

Unfortunately I left all my spreadsheets at work over the Christmas period. Not a clever move, especially for the game I'm currently running!!

Thank god Ravnica is over.

Selrahc
2008-12-24, 06:09 AM
Tormsskull. High visibility, often the second bandwagon, always seems to slip through the net. Which makes me curious.

Fin
2008-12-24, 07:10 AM
Kwarkpudding, for the reasons that I am stealing from Evnafets.

*yoink*

Jontom do you wanna share some of the fancy new reasons I just sto... came up with!

The Bushranger
2008-12-24, 11:05 AM
I think Tormsskull sounds as good as anybody...stupid no-good broken amulets.

Tormsskull
2008-12-24, 12:20 PM
Kwarkpudding

Istari
2008-12-24, 12:41 PM
kwarkpudding

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-24, 05:18 PM
Tormsskull, because he's not me.

Nychta
2008-12-24, 08:22 PM
Kwarkpudding, because it seems like a better bet.

Mustiado
2008-12-24, 09:24 PM
*sigh* This is going to get me lynched. KwarkPudding

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-24, 10:46 PM
It's Christmas Eve. Do I really have to want to lynch somebody?

Oh fine, be that way. If I'm counting votes correctly Kwark is currently up by one vote. I'm sorely tempted to even out the votes, but I guess I find Kwarkpudding just slightly more suspiscious than Tormsskull at this point.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-25, 04:42 PM
I am still alive? Woo hoo! Thank goodness for the long auto-lynch time in this game. I spent several days in Sea-Tac airport, and I was sure that I would be dead in all my WW games by the time I got out, which just gave me one more thing to be grumpy at the airline about. I guess it was a little unjust of me, though, because here I am. I shall celebrate by pointing at Tormsskull.

Mordokai
2008-12-25, 06:36 PM
END OF DAY 8

At was a night before Christmas, a night where nobody in the house moves, not even the mouse. But somebody was moving!

“Hey guys... not to be spoilsport or anything, but don't you think we should keep this for some other day? I mean, it is Christmas!“

“Ah relax, we're just going to take a little bite, nothing too serious. He won't even notice.“

“That's what you said last time and you know how that ended.“

“Yeah, well, that was one time only. It won't happen again.“

“I should hope not...“

Arriving to the one of the rooms, they knock on the doors. As the occupant opens the doors, they all put their Christmas hats on and start singing.

We wish you a merry Christmas,
we wish you a merry Christmas,
we wish you a merry Christmas
and a happy New Year!“

“Aw, how very sweet of you guys! Come in, I have milk and cookies!“

“Thank you good sir, that is very nice of you!“

As they move into the room, the cookies are served. With a sidedish.

“Excuse me, but... what it this?“

“Oh, it's my special recipe. Makes the cookies better! Go ahead, try it!“

“Well, can't hurt us, right?“

And with that, she takes a single cookie and starts nomming on it. But after just a few seconds, her eyes go wide and she falls down, dead on the spot. Looking at each other, the other occupants of the room are a little befuddled at this.

“What did you say the name of the herb was?“

“Why... wolvesbane! Help you stay in good health and keeps those nasty wolves aways. Wait, why are you looking at me like that...“

Good thing for the wolves the walls are sound proof. Bad thing for the (late) baner.

Summary: Kwarkpudding was lynched, she was a wolf. She learned that vegetables aren't always good. banjo1985 has been autolynched. He was a baner. He learned... probaly something, but I'll be damned if I know what.

Night 8 starts now and ends in 24 hours, give or take. Send your night actions to both narrators.

Aether
2008-12-25, 06:42 PM
.... I am loving these narrations. Keep them up! :biggrin:

Uncle Festy
2008-12-25, 08:53 PM
Yay! And boo!
*relurks*

Fostire
2008-12-25, 08:59 PM
.... I am loving these narrations. Keep them up! :biggrin:

I love them too, makes me wish I was still alive and playing this game :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-12-26, 06:51 PM
END OF NIGHT 8

“So let me get this straight? We got rid of the baner, the seer and some masons, right?“

“Right.“

“Aaaand... what do we do now?“

“We do what we do best. Kill, maim, plunder!“

“Why the plundering part?“

“Because it's been forever since I got myself something nice! And this fur really is starting to look old on me!“

“Chill down dude! I'm sure we can something nice and new for you in the city.“

“That sounds like a plan. Lets go!“

And so, the wolf brethren sets for the town. After getting themselves a few new clothes, some new shoes and a few drinks, they find themselves in front of the disco club.

“Oooooooh... flashy! Me likes! Shall we get inside?“

“Lets do it!“

But as luck would have it, there's a security guard at the door.

“Sorry gentleman, no allowance in the club for anybody under the influence of alcohol.“

“Aw come on, it was only a couple of beers!“

“Really? Then you won't mind taking an alcotest?“

“Bring it on, big boy!“

As luck would have it, the meter shows more than it's allowed.

“How do you plan on explaining this, hm?“

“Aaaam, eeeem... look, a three headed monkey!“

“Oh please, nobody falls for that anymore.“

“Oh well, I guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way.“

And with that, the wolves proceed to bludgeon the security guard down, feasting on him on the spot.

“Hey, what do you know? You get a snappy new uniform as an added bonus.“

Summary: evnafets was eaten by wolves, he was a villager.

Day 9 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Fin
2008-12-27, 10:51 AM
The Bushranger for continually not pointing at KwarkPudding!

Tormsskull
2008-12-27, 11:53 AM
Hmm, I could get behind the bushranger point, but ATM I'm more suspicious of Lex-Kat.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-12-27, 07:13 PM
I'm somewhat suspicious of Lex-Kat myself. Although I'd like to point out that just because Kwark was a wolf, that doesn't mean that Tormsskull isn't a wolf as well. I'm just slightly suspicious of him still.

Tormsskull
2008-12-27, 08:23 PM
It should be pretty obvious what I am by now.

The Bushranger
2008-12-27, 11:06 PM
((Allow me to say it again: I am the Fool.

And, having been busy, I forgot to send in a scry last Night. >_>

So, no RP this round. *points at The Valiant Turtle*))

Deathslayer7
2008-12-27, 11:49 PM
Fin. outing yourself like that.

Alarra
2008-12-28, 02:38 AM
hmmm....Istari

Jontom Xire
2008-12-28, 06:48 AM
I don't have my spreadsheet until after new year, but I vaguely remember finding one or both of the turtles suspicious, so I point at The Valiant Turtle.

Dragoon
2008-12-28, 08:47 AM
Hmm, let's see here, I'll go with The Valiant Turtle.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-28, 03:13 PM
Happyturtle

Zar Peter
2008-12-28, 03:36 PM
Since I have only 9 of 24 votes (less than 50%) I'm extending day for another 24 hours. Day ends for sure after these 24 hours, no matter how much voted.

Istari
2008-12-28, 04:43 PM
Dragoon
i got nothing

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:16 PM
Holidays make me lazy and i have lost track of things.

Sweetlikelemons based on a die roll.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-29, 12:02 AM
happyturtle because I am that petty.

Cynan Machae
2008-12-29, 02:19 AM
From what JX said and I the fact that I find a "die roll" to easy an excuse, I'm going with happyturtle

happyturtle
2008-12-29, 02:32 AM
1d43=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1871627/)

:smallsigh: 'Twas a real roll, CM.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-29, 02:47 AM
The Valiant Turtle.

Because the happy one was just lynched in Memesville.

Boo
2008-12-29, 03:41 AM
Not to bandwagon, but Lex-kat seems more suspicious than usual. And apparently, saying '<name. seems more suspicious than usual' is my catch-phrase.

PhantomFox
2008-12-29, 01:05 PM
Great, I go home for the holidays and all the interesting stuff happens while I was gone. Oh shoot, almost out of time. Um... let's see.

The Valiant Turtle, Lex-kat, and happyturtle seem to be the people to choose from today. While Lex-kat has a score of 3, she pointed late against Reinholdt on Day 5 (The Reinholdt vs. Helgraf day), so that's in her favor.

Happyturtle's record is rather uninteresting, though perhaps a bit TOO bland. *checks notes* It seems that she has stayed off wagon almost all the time, except for yesterday where she kicked off the wagon against Tormsskull.

Valiant's record is kinda standard. On some wagons, not on others. Pointed late at Kwark though.

I'm gonna take a long shot and go wtih happyturtle since it's almost a bit TOO boring. Only one point at a known villager, and one point at a known wolf

Mustiado
2008-12-29, 02:18 PM
I'm willing to follow PF's lead here. happyturtle

Shadowcaller
2008-12-29, 02:24 PM
Tormskull, there is something about him:smallwink:.

happyturtle
2008-12-29, 02:26 PM
I'm just a villager guys. :smallsigh: I've been boring because this is only my second werewolf game. In the first one, I was a wolf, which meant I had help working out who to vote for, but in this one I've just been clueless. Srsly.

Dr. Bath
2008-12-30, 08:18 AM
The Bushranger. He just seems suspicious to me, and there's something off about these wagons. They're all pretty much 'they're too much like a villager to ever be a villager' which is silly. Lots of people play like villagers, what with it being the majority role.

Selrahc
2008-12-30, 09:00 AM
Happyturtle, although I agree with Doctor Bath.

Zar Peter
2008-12-30, 11:50 AM
Sorry for the delay, laggy forums yesterday. And now here is the

END OF DAY 9

The two students were sitting at the table in the disco club

“So, you want to quit the camp? Why?”

“Well, studies, you know. I don’t feel quite confident in physics, mathematics and the foreign languages. German, English, French, that stuff.”

“But english is your mother language.”

“There you see… I’m not very confident in it.”

“But you could learn it here, too. It’s a scientific camp after all.”

“Yes, but all the distractions. Look at us for example. We are sitting here in the Club while I should already sit at home and study. By the way… nifty guys dancing there, don’t you think?”

“Where? Oh, yes… they are looking good. And I think one of them is looking at our table…”

“Quick, look away. Not that they think we are interested.”

“But I am interested! I stay in this boring camp after all. A bit of fun wouldn’t be the worst thing here. Oh, now he’s coming to us… it’s the one with the cool security guard uniform.”

“Do what you want, I’m out of here. The bus leaves in ten minutes. Have fun with your security guard. Bye!”

“Well, bye. Happy learning…”

And than the guy with the security guard uniform and happyturtle began talking about the weather and the wolf attacks and that it’s much more safe for a girl to go home protected in days like these… and than happyturtle learned that some of the guys in the Disco Club weren’t what they seemed to be… even when they wear a security guard uniform. Not that she could do anything with this lesson anymore.

Summary: happyturtle was lynched, she was a villager
V.Z. was lynched on request, she was a villager, too.

Night begins and will last a bit less than 24 hours or more than 48 hours, it's new years eve tomorrow after all.

Please send your night actions to Mordokai and Zar Peter

Tomorrow have to vote or get autolynched: Griever, PirateMonk

Zar Peter
2009-01-01, 10:42 AM
END OF NIGHT 9

That was a great new years party. And youre costumes are very good. This security guard uniform fits you perfectly. And the others… this fur look so real.

Thank you. Yes, I’m happy I had so much luck with the uniform. I mean, the former owner could have had a complete different size.

What do you mean with “The former owner”? Is it a second hand uniform?

Second Hand? Well, yes, you could say so. By the way… what about a little midnight snack in our tend? We would be happy to have you as our guest.

Midnight snack? But it’s nearly 4 in the morning. What do you have for eating?

Well, before I answer this question I would like to point out that the only disguised person here is me…

Summary: Alarra was on the menu of the wolves tonight, she was a villager.

Day begins and will last about 72 hours (expanded because of holidays).

Mustiado
2009-01-01, 12:32 PM
A1) we should still have quite a few masons out there. Could someone risk a contact for me so we can start to build a trusted network?

Also, I feel like at the moment we've gotten everything that we can from the voting records. There's a number of players who have been extremely quiet that I think are worth a look at, including Dr. Bath .

Lex-Kat
2009-01-01, 02:42 PM
random point at deathslayer7. Let's see who follows.