PDA

View Full Version : Belkar and women?

ABB
2008-11-27, 03:28 AM
Has belkar ever killed a woman? I was curious after noting he didn't kill whateverhernamewas in the latest strip, only kissed her. (And unlike V she enjoyed it...)

Anyway, I looked back and the only time I recall seeing balkar kill anyone who might have been a woman was when he killed "Kuurk the Anemic!" during his barbarian initiation, and that only looked kinda like a woman due to the hair.

Also in the current strip there was a green haired person who may have been a woman, due to the garb, that belkar killed but s/he had pointed ears and it's not always safe to speculate on the gender of a character with pointed ears in OOTS...

So has the belkster ever killed a woman or does he have a code about that? I know he wanted to do something to that bandit queen that began with "s" and ended with "litting their throats" but he didn't.

And, as I think on it, he didn't even kill Miko when she was down. So, it just seems to me that the belkster seems to avoid killing the fairer sex,m and I wondered if anyone knew if he did or not.

Lerky
2008-11-27, 03:36 AM
I doubt Belkar would have a code against killing the opposite sex but I think Rich might show some restrait with the killing of females. But anyway he has killed females, In On the Origin of PCs he directly quoted

in fact you should be rewarding me for not killing the bartender and barmaids...well...most of the barmaids
but other than that I don't think he's killed any other female:smallconfused:

Thant
2008-11-27, 03:42 AM
Has belkar ever killed a woman? I was curious after noting he didn't kill whateverhernamewas in the latest strip, only kissed her. (And unlike V she enjoyed it...)

Anyway, I looked back and the only time I recall seeing balkar kill anyone who might have been a woman was when he killed "Kuurk the Anemic!" during his barbarian initiation, and that only looked kinda like a woman due to the hair.

Also in the current strip there was a green haired person who may have been a woman, due to the garb, that belkar killed but s/he had pointed ears and it's not always safe to speculate on the gender of a character with pointed ears in OOTS...

So has the belkster ever killed a woman or does he have a code about that? I know he wanted to do something to that bandit queen that began with "s" and ended with "litting their throats" but he didn't.

And, as I think on it, he didn't even kill Miko when she was down. So, it just seems to me that the belkster seems to avoid killing the fairer sex,m and I wondered if anyone knew if he did or not.

Her name is Jenny:smalltongue: as for killing, I don't think that "Death's Little Helper" discriminates when it comes to the matter of sex, but the fact is that 99% of females he knows his proto-brain puts in the lust bracket (1% being miko:smallsmile:); so he may be cutting them some slack in compare to his male victims. Just a thought.

Querzis
2008-11-27, 04:24 AM
You gotta realize that Belkar has only one motivation: fun. And making out with cute women is more fun then killing them. Thats about it. I have no doubt that he would kill ugly or old women just as easely as men.

player2
2008-11-27, 04:30 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0176.html
Only one off the top of my head.

King of Nowhere
2008-11-27, 09:02 AM
I don't think that "Death's Little Helper" discriminates when it comes to the matter of sex, but the fact is that 99% of females he knows his proto-brain puts in the lust bracket (1% being miko); so he may be cutting them some slack in compare to his male victims.

I think you nailed it. One of the most insigtful posts on Belkar EVER!

Nof
2008-11-27, 09:16 AM
Again, sorry for my broken English

You gotta realize that Belkar has only one motivation: fun. And making out with cute women is more fun then killing them. Thats about it. I have no doubt that he would kill ugly or old women just as easely as men.
I agree, it's how I feel the character. He's here for self-gratification and nothing else. He doesn't have things like moral code that allow him to kill someone or not based on something else than his own fun nor security.

Also, the hate/lust chart is appropriate for 99% of his relationships. He doesn't kill the girls he wants to and can make out with, that's all.

He's an alpha, walking in a world that owes him, and taking what is his him.

Rhuna_Coppermane
2008-11-27, 10:05 AM
Also, the hate/lust chart is appropriate for 99% of his relationships. He doesn't kill the girls he wants to and can make out with, that's all.

He's an alpha, walking in a world that owes him, and taking what is his him.

Yup. Not chivalry, just girls are more useful when they aren't dead.

Trizap
2008-11-27, 10:15 AM
well if he spares beautiful women from death, then maybe hes not a total monster.

Spiky
2008-11-27, 10:17 AM
Yup. Not chivalry, just girls are more useful when they aren't dead.

Amen. :belkar:

duboisjf
2008-11-27, 10:35 AM
You gotta realize that Belkar has only one motivation: fun. And making out with cute women is more fun then killing them.

Reading this, I tought of that :

Belkar dancing and singing out loud Girls from the Beastie Boys ...

Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time - I want girls
With new wave hairdos - I want girls
I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!

I had to share this ! Thank you for reading

T-O-E
2008-11-27, 10:51 AM

Did you see the hag? If I had to choose between kissing her or killing her, I'd choose the latter.

Linkavitch
2008-11-27, 11:03 AM
But Belkar does seem to have a thing for black women. Remember Female Roy? Or maybe he's already doing the 'Pretend Character Development' thing.

Mando Knight
2008-11-27, 11:13 AM
well if he spares beautiful women from death, then maybe hes not a total monster.

Not if he only spares them because he sees them as a means to pleasure/easy slave labor. There are ways to be more monstrous to sapients than just killing them.

evileeyore
2008-11-27, 12:27 PM
But Belkar does seem to have a thing for black women. Remember Female Roy? Or maybe he's already doing the 'Pretend Character Development' thing.

No, he knew it was Roy so he was messing with Roy's head.

ZtM
2008-11-27, 03:44 PM
The elf he kills in 611 looks female to me, which is backed up by Belkar's statement that "since those two girls didn't kill those schmucks, I get to play hero". I guess it could be argued that he meant Crystal, but since she wasn't at the fight scene and Belkar had never met her, that seems unlikely.

Radar
2008-11-27, 03:59 PM
The elf he kills in 611 looks female to me, which is backed up by Belkar's statement that "since those two girls didn't kill those schmucks, I get to play hero". I guess it could be argued that he meant Crystal, but since she wasn't at the fight scene and Belkar had never met her, that seems unlikely.
Belkar was talking about Celia and Haley: if they hadn't kill all those thugs, then they are in trouble right now, so Belkar can play the hero by rescuing them.

ABB
2008-11-27, 04:58 PM

Ah, I'd forgotten that one.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-11-27, 08:20 PM

Heh heh. He stabbed an Annis.

evileeyore
2008-11-27, 10:19 PM
Heh heh. He stabbed an Annis.

How do you kill an Annis?

With a big prick.

Liwen
2008-11-28, 01:31 AM
So it would seem Belkar is reluctant to kill sexy girls he lust...

I suddenly Crystal better have a good charisma score.

Scarlet Knight
2008-11-29, 03:34 PM
How do you kill an Annis?

With a big prick.

Groooan.

Well, then Belkar's "weapon shrinkage" may have helped. I understood that you never want to use anything too big when dealing with an Annis...:smallwink:

Greep
2008-11-30, 12:03 AM
hmm I thought this was kinda obvious. Belkar has (had?) 2 emotional stances with people: lust/hate. Belkar lusts a lot :D

Tholok Razescar
2008-11-30, 03:34 AM
If I were a girl, I'd rather be killed than sort-of-semi-made-out-with-I-mean-that-lasted-like-five-seconds-at-best. By Belkar.

Okay, that's not strictly true.

Nah, nothing insightfull in this post.

kpenguin
2008-12-01, 03:14 AM
Another female killed by Belkar. Seems Belkar doesn't lust after chicks with eye-patches.

Nof
2008-12-01, 04:38 AM
No. It's just it was fun to kill her in the middle of what she was saying. Would she had chose other words that she could had lived.

Belkar is a fun driven killing/sex machine.

Ramidel
2008-12-01, 07:10 AM
Plus, it isn't really clear that Belkar is straight, either.

And no, I'm not talking about Roy.

Neoriceisgood
2008-12-01, 07:13 AM
Plus, it isn't really clear that Belkar is straight, either.

And no, I'm not talking about Roy.

Belkar and Durkon, huh?

I guess I can see it, I mean, they're both short and hairy. :smallconfused:

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 07:51 AM
I think Ramidel meant Vaarsuvius. IIRC Belkar thinks V is male (and he always suspected (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html)...), and V was on Belkar's lust list (:P) for a short time.

Neoriceisgood
2008-12-01, 07:52 AM
I know Hydro, I just found it funny that he only excluded Roy and not Durkon. :smallsmile:

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 07:54 AM
Ah. Then I ruined the joke. Sorry :)

kerberos
2008-12-01, 08:01 AM
I think Ramidel meant Vaarsuvius. IIRC Belkar thinks V is male (and he always suspected (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html)...), and V was on Belkar's lust list (:P) for a short time.

What did he always suspect? People always seem to assume it means he suspected V was gay, but it makes equal sense if it means he assumed V was female. As for the hate/lust lists, it's just v's theory and it really doesn't match the facts.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 08:11 AM
I think that would make less sense, but it's only my opinion really.
As for the hate/lust lists, show me (another) incorrect theory of V. :)

kerberos
2008-12-01, 09:03 AM
I think that would make less sense, but it's only my opinion really.
As for the hate/lust lists, show me (another) incorrect theory of V. :)
I don't need to show you another, this one doesn't fit the facts (Mr. Scruffy, Elan, Lord Shojo) ergo it's wrong.

Alysar
2008-12-01, 09:33 AM
There was the time he kissed V (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0316.html). Although I don't think that one counts. Even if V is female, Belkar doesn't know it.

allonym
2008-12-01, 11:05 AM
Given that he just killed a woman in the latest strip (who was potentially quite attractive, given the hair...or maybe it's just the eyepatch talking to me)...

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-01, 11:34 AM
He had to kill Eyepatch Girl. He was planning to have a conversation with Cleric of Loki, so there was no way to dramatically exit.

She would have had time to recover and remember he was an enemy, or she'd be interrupting him during his dealings with his new Cleric friend...it would go something like this:
Eyepatch Girl: So...want to go get a cup of coffee after this?
:belkar: STOP SMOTHERING ME!!! *Stab*

So, you see, Belkar had no choice.

Nof
2008-12-01, 03:19 PM
(who was potentially quite attractive, given the hair...or maybe it's just the eyepatch talking to me)...
Yeah, another people who think that eyepatch on us is sexy! :D

I agree with Raging Gene Ray, by the way.

JaxGaret
2008-12-01, 05:24 PM
Groooan.

Well, then Belkar's "weapon shrinkage" may have helped. I understood that you never want to use anything too big when dealing with an Annis...:smallwink:

That's even worse than what you groaned at.

Good job.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 05:25 PM
I don't need to show you another, this one doesn't fit the facts (Mr. Scruffy, Elan, Lord Shojo) ergo it's wrong.

Elan does (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html) fit on the Hate list. Or at least Belkar tries to kill Elan once, and he never tries to kill Roy (who we know to be on the list if the theory is correct). As for Lord Shojo, yes, I can't explain it either, but I hope the Giant can. :)

Assassin89
2008-12-01, 05:28 PM
Remember what Belkar says in #338 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0338.html). Because Belkar has no time for the fuglies, he is willing to kill women he does not deem attractive.

Zevox
2008-12-01, 07:07 PM
Elan does (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0124.html) fit on the Hate list. Or at least Belkar tries to kill Elan once, and he never tries to kill Roy (who we know to be on the list if the theory is correct). As for Lord Shojo, yes, I can't explain it either, but I hope the Giant can. :)
So because Belkar tried to kill Elan for XP once because it was convenient, he suddenly hates him? How does that work?

Really, there's no need to "explain" Shojo. The simple fact is that V's theory, funny though it was, was wrong, and was horribly flawed to begin with. She based it on the fact that Belkar doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb out there, the fact that he is very violent most of the time, and the fact that he kissed her that once. She ignored or failed to take into account that he was drunk out of his mind when he kissed her (really, even Durkon told him to slow down on the drinking, and when a Dwarf tells you you're too drunk, that's a bad sign), didn't consider that he may not kill people out of hatred for them, or take into account that Belkar is fairly intelligent - as shown by his cunning in combat, for instance his fight with Miko - he just has a low wisdom score and is sometimes too sure of himself for his own good.

Belkar is simply a more complex and intelligent character than V gave him credit for. Not by much, but he is nonetheless.

Zevox

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 08:30 PM
Well, I don't kill non-hated allies for XP.

Neither did any of my characters...

Zevox
2008-12-01, 08:40 PM
Well, I don't kill non-hated allies for XP.

Neither did any of my characters...
But are you or were any of your characters psychotic chaotic evil beings who commit murder just for the fun of it and are pretty much completely incapable of empathizing with others?

See, Belkar doesn't need a reason to kill. He just likes doing it (see the Gnome back in #539 - he had no reason then, and his excuses weren't even logical by his standards, except maybe the one about the Donkey). So as far as he's concerned, when he needs XP, whatever is a convenient source will do. Elan was a convenient source - about his level, and pretty vulnerable on his own - so he went for him. No malice required.

Zevox

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-01, 08:44 PM
I think Belkar doesn't HATE Elan because he isn't actively wishing harm upon him. It just happens whenever Belkar feels it's convenient/hilarious.

Just like he didn't exactly LOVE Jenny. He didn't obsess over her or even remember her. That didn't keep him from having a little fun that one time.

There was the time he kissed V (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0316.html). Although I don't think that one counts. Even if V is female, Belkar doesn't know it.

When you're as drunk as Belkar was, just about anything looks female enough.

ABB
2008-12-01, 09:40 PM
I was surprised to see the belkster off an attractive looking woman today. so much for my theory on him and women.

I'm not sure he "had" to kill her, you know. I mean, couldn't he have just stunned her with a kiss and left her swooning on the floor?

BTW,regarding belkar's kisses, what do you think: Lips or tongue?

mikeejimbo
2008-12-01, 09:40 PM
Her name is Jenny:smalltongue: as for killing, I don't think that "Death's Little Helper" discriminates when it comes to the matter of sex, but the fact is that 99% of females he knows his proto-brain puts in the lust bracket (1% being miko:smallsmile:); so he may be cutting them some slack in compare to his male victims. Just a thought.

He knows exactly 100 women??

Zevox
2008-12-01, 09:46 PM
Given Jenny's reaction, I'd be willing to bet on tongue. The degree of V's reaction would also seem to support that.

Zevox

Nof
2008-12-02, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure he "had" to kill her, you know.
He had to kill her after what she said. Someone that says "It would not kill us to..." is funny to kill, and Belkar is a fun machine;

Come on... Who after twelve years old does not use tongue? Be serious...

David Argall
2008-12-02, 11:18 PM
See, Belkar doesn't need a reason to kill.
Belkar doesn't need much of a reason to kill, but he does need a reason.

He just likes doing it (see the Gnome back in #539 - he had no reason then, and his excuses weren't even logical by his standards, except maybe the one about the Donkey).
As said, he doesn't need much reason. And the donkey idea is perfectly logical, if one is so depraved as to value one's trivial convenience over innocent life.

Warren Dew
2008-12-02, 11:22 PM
And the donkey idea is perfectly logical, if one is so depraved as to value one's trivial convenience over innocent life.

While logical, the donkey seemed to me like an ex post facto excuse, rather than an actual reason.

Zevox
2008-12-02, 11:30 PM
Belkar doesn't need much of a reason to kill, but he does need a reason.
No he doesn't. Ever read On the Origin of PCs? If so, just think of what he did there. And in case you haven't/could use reminding...
He was in prison for slaughtering 15 people in bar. His provocation? Someone tossed a cleric on top of him during a friendly barroom bar. And in the process he apparently killed some of the barmaids. Yeah, pretty hard to argue he had a reason there for anything but the one that tossed the cleric in the first place.

Then he was eagerly looking for the opportunity to kill someone when Roy was recruiting him.

And it was a running joke that whenever someone told him they didn't want him to kill anyone, he didn't understand why.

So yeah, Belkar really doesn't need a reason to kill.
Plus....

As said, he doesn't need much reason. And the donkey idea is perfectly logical, if one is so depraved as to value one's trivial convenience over innocent life.
You also have to consider this excuse in light of everything else he said in that comic. That was his fourth or fifth excuse, and none of the others were in the least bit logical (seriously, one of them was that the Gnome was a nameless NPC, when he actually had told them his name). Most likely all of them were just after-the-fact rationalizations for Haley's benefit.

Zevox

Querzis
2008-12-03, 03:39 AM

Elan is not on the hate list and thats what was fundamentally wrong with V theory in the first place. Belkar rarely hate anybody. He kill people out of fun and to get XP, not because he hate them! There is only three people in the whole comic Belkar really hated: V, Roy and Miko and he didnt even kill one of them! Hell, with Miko, he didnt kill her when he could have because it would have been too easy. So if he actually hate you, hes less likely to kill you because he wanna screw you up before killing you!

I mean, I always thought it was really really obvious V 'theory' was nothing more then a joke about V character and when I came to the forum I was just dumbstruck. Some people actually take that thing seriously? What the hell...