PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Okami... (Bet you didn't expect this!)

Volug
2008-11-27, 09:55 AM
Although, I call it just a playthrough or walkthrough:smallwink:

I'm sure most of you know me, just solely on the fact I always recommend Okami even if the person didn't ask.

Hopefully some PS2 owners might look at this, either to buy it, or just to see that the controls really do work. 90% of the time that I "miss" with the brush is because my positioning was off, or I was a bit shaky from not sleeping (I was up till 1 in the morning trying to beat *spoilers*Yami*end spoilers*, and I was really drowzy and I missed 2 times in a row on the same spot with the same problem, that's called insanity, however minor it may be).

I've finally gotten all the videos of myself playing Okami from start to finish and put them on my computer. However, I still need to edit them, which will be a pain in the but since it'll be likely 1-2 hours of work per 10 minutes of video (Including uploading times).

I was not aiming to do sidequests in my playthrough, in fact I avoided them pretty much, though I still got enough praise to get my ink almost all the way up, and my money pouch upgraded 2 times. I barely upgraded health since... I don't get damaged much.

I ended with a time of around 14 hours. Of course completing the game for the first time will be about double that, but the reason I got that was because I knew what I was doing and, again, I avoided everything but the main quest. I even listened to the cutscenes, every one of them, since people who haven't played the game might watch the video.

I've gotten some up, though I still have to put up about 60 more, and I will be uploading them all week, there should be one up every 1-2 and possibly 3 hours. Since I've gotten a lot of work out of the way just to have no time on my hands so I can get this out of the way, since this is TIME CONSUMING.

Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F2B14F40E17CEBBF)

I AM NOT ASKING FOR MORE SUBSCRIBERS NOR DO I CARE IF YOU SUBSCRIBE OR DO NOT. I really think, honestly, that I don't deserve the amount of subscribers I have.

Shades of Gray
2008-11-30, 10:51 AM
That game looks crazy. I might get it now...

Player_Zero
2008-11-30, 10:56 AM
I bought it for my brother half because you were on about it for so long...

Also, is dat some 'Let's Play' trend?

Ye, like that Canadian Chrono Trigger-playing Simben who spawned the more recent PA trend several month before, a Let's Play frenzy is formed.

DraPrime
2008-11-30, 11:09 AM
Wow, this looks cool. Masato, I will get this game if you get the other greatest game of all time, Gothic.

Volug
2008-11-30, 12:41 PM
That game looks crazy. I might get it now...

Yes!!!! =D

I bought it for my brother half because you were on about it for so long...

*dances*

Also, is dat some 'Let's Play' trend?

Ye, like that Canadian Chrono Trigger-playing Simben who spawned the more recent PA trend several month before, a Let's Play frenzy is formed.
No idea... I just call it that in this thread, since If I say playthrough, I might be afraid someone may not know what that's called... I prefer to use playthrough however.

Wow, this looks cool. Masato, I will get this game if you get the other greatest game of all time, Gothic.
I don't even know what it is I'm afraid =\

Tengu_temp
2008-11-30, 06:18 PM
For me, Gothic was nowhere near as fun to the glory that was Okami. Best action adventure game ever.

Terraoblivion
2008-11-30, 06:43 PM
Few things on the planet are as fun as Okami. In fact i am trying hard to think of any. Some scenes in Azumanga Daioh qualifies, some Calvin and Hobbes strips...and not much else i know.

hanzo66
2008-11-30, 08:02 PM
Loved that game to death.

The pushing puzzles with that damn bear were annoying though, but at least the really annoying bits were more for Praise farming.

Terraoblivion
2008-12-01, 12:39 PM
Yeah, the pushing puzzle and the girl who draws are annoying. Blockhead Grande can be frustrating as well. Those are about the only annoying bits of the entire game, three rather small optional ones.

Airk
2008-12-02, 12:48 PM
Augh! Blockhead Grande! :smallfurious:

DraPrime
2008-12-02, 05:14 PM
I don't even know what it is I'm afraid =\

It's the awesomest European fantasy RPG evar!!!!!

Although it's 7 years old, so it isn't as complex as some modern RPGs. But still. It's great.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-12-02, 06:06 PM
Augh! Blockhead Grande! :smallfurious:

MUST! KILL! The BLOCKHEAD!!!! :smallfurious:

Okami: Best game ever? y/n?

Volug
2008-12-02, 06:11 PM
\
Okami: Best game ever? y/n?

Yay

My gamefaqs sig has about 47 people who said that, although I'm mostly on the Okami boards, I got loads of people on the TP boards and SSBB boards for the short time I was there >.>