PDA

View Full Version : [3,5e] Some Weapon/Armor Special abilities

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-27, 11:19 AM
Armor/Shields
Ethereal: As a free action, you can give up all your Armor/Shield bonus to AC, and gain an equivalent Force Bonus to AC. This bonus only applies against touch attacks and incorporeal touch attacks. This lasts until the end of your next turn. An Ethereal Shield and Ethereal Armor will stack for this purpose.
+1 Bonus, Requires Mage Armor, Shield or Ectoplasmic Armor

Weapons
Finesse: This weapon can be used with the Weapon Finesse feat. If it already could, gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls.
+1 Bonus, Requires Cat's Grace or creator has Weapon Finesse.

Pinpoint Strike: [Synergy Requirement: Finesse] When wielded by someone with the Weapon Finesse feat, add their dexterity modifier as precision damage to whoever they're attacking. If weapon is held two-handed, the dexterity modifier is not improved to 1.5. If the weapon is normally usable with Weapon Finesse, gain a +1 bonus on damage rolls.
+1 Bonus, Requires Cat's Grace or creator has Weapon Finesse.

Off-Hand: This one-handed weapon is considered light for the purpose of two-weapon fighting.
+1 Bonus, Creator has Two-Weapon Fighting

paddyfool
2008-11-27, 11:43 AM
Ethereal

I like it. Could easily work with a mageslayer concept (for the armour or the character) and yet it isn't overpowered imho, since by making yourself good against touch attacks you also make yourself vulnerable to regular ones.

Finesse
Pinpoint Strike
I like them (but I'm a bit of a weapon finesse fan). I can't see when you'd put Finesse on a weapon that already could be used with weapon finesse unless you also wanted to put Pinpoint Strike on it, but that's a minor niggle. Also, Pinpoint strike could be a bit unbalancing with abilities that allow you to do precision damage to constructs and/or undead... but what the hey.

If I were to try and break this, I'd go for an Elven Swashbuckler/Factotum with a Courtblade for bonuses off 2x Int and Dex and 1.5x Str to damage; but even that's way suboptimal, so no foul.

Offhand
Not at all bad, as mechanics go for allowing characters two one-handed weapons.

All in all, these all sound very handy in their place.

thevorpalbunny
2008-11-27, 12:24 PM
The Finesse property is the same as the air elemental bind from Eberron, including the bonus if it is finesseable already. Otherwise, interesting.

Magnor Criol
2008-11-27, 09:47 PM
So now I'm imagining an Off-hand Greatsword. =p

As the others have said, nice job, I like them. I don't have much of a feel for pricing; a +1 bonus may be a bit expensive for the Finesse and Off-Hand abilities.