PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Macy's Parade - Rick Astley

Raz_Fox
2008-11-27, 12:17 PM
For those of you watching the Thanksgiving Macy's Parade, a familiar singer sang for Cartoon Network's Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends float, singing a very familiar song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0).

The first thought that ran through my head: Oh great. The entire nation's been rickrolled. Nothing can top this.

Thoughts? :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-27, 12:28 PM
I thought that was amazing. :smallbiggrin: He just appeared suddenly and rickrolled the nation.

Syka
2008-11-27, 12:52 PM
One of my friend's status' on Facebook is that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade rick roll'd her. :smallbiggrin:

I'm so glad I don't watch it.

Cheers,
Syka

KilltheToy
2008-11-27, 12:56 PM
One of my friend's status' on Facebook is that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade rick roll'd her. :smallbiggrin:

I'm so glad I don't watch it.

Cheers,
Syka

Huh. Same here.

I can't belive teh entire nation's been rickrolled. I bet most of them don't even know it.

Moff Chumley
2008-11-27, 01:16 PM
Lesson learned: everyone who works for Cartoon Network is a nerd.

Vagnarok
2008-11-27, 01:19 PM
Oh man! I saw that live and it absolutely made my day! LOL

I can't believe that they rickrolled the entire country!

Allysian
2008-11-27, 01:21 PM
Oh, wow, I didn't see it. Wah. I've been rickrolled! :smallfrown: The Parade was definitely not as good as it has been. Ive actually been in it once, I was on a float with the band Chicago. It was fun, I was like, 7, 8? It was fun! My parents were clowns! :smallbiggrin:
Ahhhh, memories. :smallsmile:

Raiser Blade
2008-11-27, 01:21 PM
Astley: 1 U.S.A.: 0

The Glyphstone
2008-11-27, 01:27 PM
Does it still count as being Rickrolled if it's actually Rick Astley who does it?

T-O-E
2008-11-27, 01:28 PM
This isn't right! Nothing from 4CHAN should ever be able to escape into the real world!

We're all doomed. :smalleek:

charl
2008-11-27, 01:41 PM
I'm not American, but that is still too damn funny. :smallbiggrin:

Saithis Bladewing
2008-11-27, 02:04 PM
Does it still count as being Rickrolled if it's actually Rick Astley who does it?

It counts for DOUBLE when it is.

Quadruple points if you successfully rickroll Astley with a video of himself.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/SaithisBladewing/trolling.png

SilentNight
2008-11-27, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I tried to explain to my sister what just happened and it was like teaching her football all over again.

CMOTDibbler
2008-11-27, 02:29 PM
I must say, It was completely awesome. It's not that bad a song really. The newscaster on the channel I was watching even said "Rick-roll"! That's just too funny. :smallbiggrin:

Tirian
2008-11-27, 03:21 PM
The first thought that ran through my head: Oh great. The entire nation's been rickrolled. Nothing can top this.

Pretty much the only frontiers that are left is rickrolling the Superbowl halftime show or the Pope during his Christmas Eve service. Or a Barackroll during the Inaugural Address.

Shadic
2008-11-27, 03:28 PM
I got to see it. It was pretty cool.

It's too bad that it was lip-synced, but oh well. It's too cold to actually sing.

Edan
2008-11-27, 04:02 PM
I believe this meme has reached its apex. Anything and everything after this will never be able to top this. It is finally over, let it die in peace.

FdL
2008-11-27, 06:04 PM

I don't know really. I'm a bit confused as to the expanded use of the term myself. There has to be a difference between playing the internet prank where you trick people into listening to the song, and other varieties mostly IRL that just consist in playing the song...

Example: if you listen to the song voluntarily you're not rickrolling yourself *shrugs*

It's like the concept got watered down and distorted as it got popular and off the net....

Coidzor
2008-11-27, 08:47 PM
I think it's called selling out, monsieur FDL.

I can't believe I missed it though. I feel so hollow. Was it epic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPLip-FMyE Here's a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzVdswvXdc and another.

Anyone sifted through youtube for the best one?

SurlySeraph
2008-11-27, 10:51 PM
Pretty much the only frontiers that are left is rickrolling the Superbowl halftime show or the Pope during his Christmas Eve service. Or a Barackroll during the Inaugural Address.

My fellow Americans. Today we stand at a time of change, a time of doubt. In these times, I must reassure you that I'm never gonna give up up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

Vagnarok
2008-11-27, 11:01 PM
I think it's called selling out, monsieur FDL.

I can't believe I missed it though. I feel so hollow. Was it epic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPLip-FMyE Here's a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzVdswvXdc and another.

Anyone sifted through youtube for the best one?

idk, I think that the second one that you posted was pretty good, but the sync could have been better.

I've been laughing about this all day!

JeminiZero
2008-11-27, 11:08 PM
My fellow Americans. Today we stand at a time of change, a time of doubt. In these times, I must reassure you that I'm never gonna give up up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

We're both no strangers to hope
You know the rules and so do I
Full Change is what I'm thinking of
You'll never get this from any other guy

Ravens_cry
2008-11-28, 01:31 AM
Well, we Rick Rolled Europe, now America gets Rick Rolled.
Couldn't be happier.

Coidzor
2008-11-28, 01:36 AM
Well, we Rick Rolled Europe, now America gets Rick Rolled.
Couldn't be happier.

When did we do that? Seriously. Was I asleep? That bit of lore has never come up in the many in-depth discussions of the art of rickrolling around campus...

TheCountAlucard
2008-11-28, 01:53 AM
I laughed at that for a good five minutes... and then I had to spend the next ten explaining to my family why it was so funny...

They still kinda don't get it. :smallfrown:

Gavin Sage
2008-11-28, 02:00 AM
You know its sad because no other rickroll can ever measure up to such levels

[/meme]

Fan
2008-11-28, 02:04 AM
Rick roll BBC, and CNN. You'll get about double the MAcy's day parade.

charl
2008-11-28, 08:39 AM
If China had interrupted the Olympic opening ceremony with Rick, that would have topped this quite nicely.

Jayngfet
2008-11-28, 10:24 AM
Hey, we can still hope for canada.

Vuzzmop
2008-11-28, 02:29 PM
I believe this meme has reached its apex. Anything and everything after this will never be able to top this. It is finally over, let it die in peace.

Wishful thinking has never solved anything. Besides, there is still the rickrolling of Rick Astley to be done.

FdL
2008-11-28, 03:11 PM
Here's a thought, building on my previous post here. If we sent that recording into space in a probe like the Voyager or something, would we be RickRolling the entire Universe?

charl
2008-11-29, 04:21 AM
Here's a thought, building on my previous post here. If we sent that recording into space in a probe like the Voyager or something, would we be RickRolling the entire Universe?

Well, if we sent Rick Astley into space...

skywalker
2008-11-29, 03:47 PM
I slept through it. Keeping alive my string of never having been rickrolled.

Great success! :smallbiggrin:

Firestar27
2008-11-29, 06:26 PM
I slept through it. Keeping alive my string of never having been rickrolled.

Great success! :smallbiggrin:

Here's another person talking in a video about what's it's like not to get Rickrolled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Note: This is a Rickroll. If you want to keep your streak, don't click on it. If you actually watch it anyway, even without realizing, it won't count as breaking your streak because the entire intent of this was to break your streak. This message is only included because I feel bad about breaking your streak.

Comet
2008-11-29, 06:35 PM
At ^
I don't even have to click that link to say this:
Nice try, sir. :smallbiggrin:

In other news, Rick Astley is everybody's hero. Also water is wet and the sun rises in the east.