PDA

View Full Version : Tvo for scrying

Akisa
2008-11-27, 05:24 PM
Is there a wondrous item that allows user to do something else while it contentiously watch the scrying and recording everything which the person could fast forward and rewind so the caster could go on and do something else.

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-27, 05:28 PM
I think I read that in a comic somewhere...:smallbiggrin:

There's nothing official I've heard of. I'm sure you could homebrew one.

Prometheus
2008-11-28, 10:31 AM
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything like the nature of a camera (that I know of).

Modify Memory (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/modifyMemory.htm) allows anyone who saw the scrying event to remember it with perfect clarity or the ability to implant a memory (in say, a homunculus) so that it can be retrieved later (with another Modify Memory). Perfect for your own use, but nothing that would count as evidence to another person short of revealing exact details that you could only know by witnessing the event.

Yukitsu
2008-11-28, 11:48 AM
Intelligent magic item with, minor image (for scene selection) 10 ranks in autohypnosis (for perfect recollection of events) and major image. Only one recording, but it can be of any length.

Heliomance
2008-11-28, 11:54 AM
Why do you need minor image? If you've got major image in there anyway, that can do scene selection.

Eloel
2008-11-28, 11:56 AM
http://phantommoose.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/my-scene-select.jpg

This kind of scene selection. (this is an image found by searching "scene selection" in google images)

The Glyphstone
2008-11-28, 11:57 AM
Now, how do we fit in Mindrape and/or Efreeti Binding to make it better?

Yukitsu
2008-11-28, 11:59 AM
Mindrape an efreeti to get your tivo free?

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-28, 11:59 AM
Now, how do we fit in Mindrape and/or Efreeti Binding to make it better?

Intelligent Magic item with at will Mind Rape and 14 ranks in Autohypnosis. Just activate it and it downloads everything that it has seen right into your brain.

Heliomance
2008-11-28, 12:11 PM
http://phantommoose.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/my-scene-select.jpg

This kind of scene selection. (this is an image found by searching "scene selection" in google images)

Oh, I understand that. But major image could handle that easily. You don't need to stick minor in as well.

The Glyphstone
2008-11-28, 12:18 PM
Intelligent Magic item with at will Mind Rape and 14 ranks in Autohypnosis. Just activate it and it downloads everything that it has seen right into your brain.

What's stopping it from instead, say, Mindraping YOU into becoming its personal slave? You can't exactly mindrape it into submission, as constructs are immune to mind-affecting spells. You must have a contingency to cover this, but it still seems way to likely to go horribly, horribly wrong.

Yukitsu
2008-11-28, 12:19 PM
Oh, I understand that. But major image could handle that easily. You don't need to stick minor in as well.

Major has one casting per day. If you get the wrong scene, it won't be able to show it again for the rest of the day.

Heliomance
2008-11-28, 12:30 PM
There's no particular need to build in 1/day to the Major Image. It makes it a little cheaper, but it's not a necessity.

Yukitsu
2008-11-28, 12:32 PM
Depends. I personally think the intelligent item rules should be stuck to pretty closely for spell selection, simply because giving it free any spell is a bit abusive. It is after all, extra actions.

Sinfire Titan
2008-11-28, 03:32 PM
Golden Beholder, from the Dragon Compendium. It's exactly what you are looking for (but it has a few limitations). Useful as hell though.