PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

BobVosh
2008-11-28, 02:08 AM
What version do most playgrounders recommend? Also where may I purchased said version if you know?

Kurald Galain
2008-11-28, 04:19 AM
What version do most playgrounders recommend? Also where may I purchased said version if you know?

It doesn't matter, they're all awesome and I'm happy with all of them! To state otherwise is treason!

That said, the one with the most versatility and that's easiest available is the most recent addition (originally called Paranoia XP, until microsoft told them to stop that) which should be available on any game order store, or Amazon.com. It also has the most streamlined ruleset, but then if you're playing Paranoia that doesn't really matter much.

elliott20
2008-11-28, 04:33 AM
"Paranoia? I rule a city where I have to fake senility just to avoid being assassinated. I took Improved Paranoia like 5 levels ago."

oh wait, you mean the game system. Never mind, carry on.

Darrin
2008-11-28, 08:42 AM

Paranoia XP is the most current version, published by Mongoose and they've done a delightful job supporting it with good material. Almost everything worthwhile from previous editions has been updated with new stats. I'd recommend starting here... if it continues to sell well, then hopefully Mongoose will continue to support it.

Before XP came along, Paranoia 2nd Edition was the gold standard. And there is a lot of excellent 2nd edition material that you can run as-is or adapt to XP.

Do not touch Paranoia 5th Edition. Just back away slowly, and report for immediate termination.

1st Edition is antiquated and klunky, but playable if you can't find XP or 2nd.

BRC
2008-11-28, 08:44 AM
Paranoia XP is the most current version, published by Mongoose and they've done a delightful job supporting it with good material. Almost everything worthwhile from previous editions has been updated with new stats. I'd recommend starting here... if it continues to sell well, then hopefully Mongoose will continue to support it.

Before XP came along, Paranoia 2nd Edition was the gold standard. And there is a lot of excellent 2nd edition material that you can run as-is or adapt to XP.

Do not touch Paranoia 5th Edition. Just back away slowly, and report for immediate termination.

1st Edition is antiquated and klunky, but playable if you can't find XP or 2nd.
Paranoia 5th edition is an Unproduct, mentioning it is Treason.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-28, 08:51 AM
2 or XP. The rest are wacky or YOU ARE NOT CLEARED FOR THIS INFORMATIONoilic. Paranoia is not meant to be Wacky.

But to be fair, the rules are not important. They are for the GM to do with as they please and for the players to not know about, what you need is the setting. This is why 5 is the Unproduct, it takes everything that makes Paranoia what it is and removes it.

Themore-U-KNO-2

Project_Mayhem
2008-11-28, 08:52 AM
Paranoia 5th edition is an Unproduct, mentioning it is Treason.

There's something treasonous about you, citizen Hesacomm-Y-BRC that I can't quite place ...

Cathaidan
2008-11-28, 05:49 PM
I sense too much negativity in this thread. The happiness officers demands that this situation be corrected immediately!

Kurald Galain
2008-11-28, 05:51 PM
There's something treasonous about you, citizen Hesacomm-Y-BRC that I can't quite place ...

You are aware, I trust, that failure to report treason is, in and of itself, treason.

(edit) while you're at it, do an Amazon search for the book "Title Deleted For Security Reasons (http://www.amazon.com/Paranoia-Title-Deleted-Security-Reasons/dp/0874311659)".

BobVosh
2008-11-29, 06:30 AM
You are aware, I trust, that failure to report treason is, in and of itself, treason.

(edit) while you're at it, do an Amazon search for the book "Title Deleted For Security Reasons (http://www.amazon.com/Paranoia-Title-Deleted-Security-Reasons/dp/0874311659)".

1 new from $103.53 7 used from $37.99

What?