PDA

View Full Version : (Freeform) Demonata

DMBlackhart
2008-11-28, 06:19 PM
Imagine a world of peace, and tranquility.A clear green field. Wind blowing calmly throughout. Not a cloud in the sky, the sun shining brightly.A elementry school teacher has taken his/her students out to the field for a day of fun and rest.

Now imagine the teacher standing out in the middle of the students.His eyes have gone completely white,and he mumbles incoherently to himself.Soon, just as all the students begin to cry out in fear, the teacher begins glowing. Dim at first, but rapidly scales into a mini-supernova of light. An immense explosion can be heard through the blinding light. As it clears the students see blood, bones, and other parts of what is to be assumed their teacher all over the field and on themselves. And where once the teacher stood a window like doorway stands. The doorway is made of pure light; it shines and pulses and waves.From this window crosses a hideous creature. PURE white flesh adorn its body. It has a humanoid shape for the torso,and stands nearly ten feet in hight. The head is feature less except two eyes, and the long lanky hands and feat are adorn by peach fleshy tentacles and wriggle and writhe. This beast lets out a screeching howl. Even with the lack of a mouth. Then, the creature eyes the children......

I am sure you can understand what happens next. The creature describe above is what is known as a Demon. Although you would not know it, demons cross over into the human world all the time.Their home plane, known as The Demonata,lies entwined in ours. And in doing so these horrid beast manage to come across every so often, and pose a drastic threat to humanity.

Thankfully a orginization known only as " the disciples " have long since formed to keep quite and prevent these horrific events.

The idea is, I am going to be running a Freeform RPG. Using some materials ( mainly the setting ) of DarrenShans Demonata series.

Although humans know nothing of it, the demonata lies coterminous with earth. ( or material plane. Name doesent matter ) Because of this every one in awhile ( about every 6 years or so ) A demon breaks through the barrier into the human world. A single demon can easily destroy countless humans. The only thing stopping these events are a group known as "the discples".

I am looking to get about 5-7 players for this. I will be running on AIM chat system.

The setting will be a modern day earth. Magic will exist, but I will have more on that soon enough.

as for character specifics....

Name:
Personality:
Background:
Misc:
Magic:

( The above information is required, anything else you wish to include is fine as well )

Now as for how magic works. Magic is not readily available in the human world. Every few thousand years a human who awakens to his magical abilitys becomes what is known as a wizard. Wizards are above all other forms of mages, they can do ANY and ALL magic without flaw.
As for other magic users. When a demon crosses over from the demonata or within the demonic plane itself humans can awaken to magic that lies dormant within them. Mages are beings who have been attacked by demons or by other meens come in contact with the magical atmosphere of the demonata, and have gained the ability to use magic.Mages however are limited. Unlike wizards all mages will have some form of weakness or another.
Although there are no deffinate schools of magic, there are common magics. Like Barriers, or transmutations, or light spells, etc. Any mage will undoubtly excel at some form of magic, where as they will also be inept at another.

And example would be:
Harlen Ford:
Transmagus;
This is a character from the series itself. He is able to do minor tricks, like make sand castles ( he makes na exact replica of new york. Perfect detail )
Although he cannot use barriar like magics very well.(extremly poor )

As for WHAT kind of magic you can use, its honestly limit less. Although in your above character information I would like you to have a few listed spells ( although you can honestly do ANYTHING on the fly. Magic is limitless )
And some areas of magic you excel at, and lack in. (like the above example)

If you have any questions or would like additional information. if there is something I havent provided please inform me.

Edit: Also the day will be played on fridays. Possibly around 6 or 7pm pacific.

Emperor Tippy
2008-11-28, 06:47 PM
This belongs in the Play By Post section.

DMBlackhart
2008-11-28, 07:05 PM
yesI noticed this earlier. I apologize. I have moved it. And anyone who can delete the thread here, may do so.Please.

Roland St. Jude
2008-11-28, 08:41 PM
yesI noticed this earlier. I apologize. I have moved it. And anyone who can delete the thread here, may do so.Please.

Sheriff: Yessir.