PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire question

Jeivar
2008-11-28, 06:31 PM
I've reinstalled Jade Empire after a long pause, and since I'm early in the game I figure I still have time to put serious thought into which fighting skills to upgrade. I'm playing a good guy with Leaping Tiger, Longsword, and Dire Flame. I'm getting to the point where I can get Stone Immortal as the second magical style, but should I waste points on it? Does SI inflict more any damage than DF, or is the paralyzing ability the only worthwhile thing about it? I'm really only willing to put point into one magic style.

Pronounceable
2008-11-28, 08:36 PM
Far as I remember, game is quite easy (except for whenever elephant demons appear) on nonjade difficulties. So do whatever strikes your fancy. You're going to get a whole lot of points, so it'll be quite hard to screw yourself.

That said, aligned styles inflict much more damage when you're more aligned (SI is OP aligned, innit?). Difference is very noticeable on higher ends of alignments.

Just max jade golem transformation if you want to have an instant win button.

Vagnarok
2008-11-28, 09:44 PM
Omg it's been soooo long since I've played Jade empire. What a fun game that was.
My ex "borrowed" my copy like 5 years ago and I still haven't gotten it back. I'm just going to rebuy it I think...

ANYWAY, You should just go with whatever alignment you are and stick with those attacks. Jade Golem was ok, but it kind of took the fun out of the game for me so I stuck to my Thousand Cuts technique. Way cool.

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-11-28, 10:01 PM
I've played through Jade Empire, what, five times? I'd say, yes, Stone Immortal would be a good choice to put points into, but only if you haven't already put points into Dire Flame. You really only need to put points into the style you plan on using, so if you've put points into Dire Flame, it's simply more cost effective to keep using that. In my experience the magic styles really aren't that essential. It's your Martial Arts style that you should devote most of your time and energy to, as it's what you'll be relying on for the majority of the game.

Tichrondrius
2008-11-29, 09:39 PM
I, personally, never put anything into magic styles and thought I was going to just use my martial arts style the whole game.... till I got the gun. Oh man, do I love that gun.