PDA

View Full Version : Item Grab (Test)

TFT
2008-11-29, 02:27 PM
The small group of you are brought from the rooms you were given to a fairly large room, Where a ton of people in white suits, which you assume are scientists, are observing you. After waiting for 2-3 minutes waiting for someone to say something, one of you asks, "Why are we here?"

The scientists begin writing on clipboards. Then, one of the scientists reply, "We are going to do an experiment"

An Experiment-

Yes, thats what I said. Now pay attention: We have a bunch of items in the next room. You each have been assigned an item.

Are these cool items?

Along with an item, you each have been assigned a role. You must work for the goal we assign you. Afterwards we will let you go, and we will let you have money if you are good.

Money? Alright, what the heck.
Money? Sure, why not.
Money? Ok, I'm in.

Good, Now go to the next room, and we will assign your item and role...

Alright, as the thread name says, I'm testing out an idea. I am looking for about 10 people. What the roles and items and abilities people have are is hidden. There will be 24 hour phases (No day and night). Sign up if your interested.

Player List

Istari
2008-11-30, 08:39 AM
In with second post

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-30, 08:51 AM
Sign me up.

onasuma
2008-11-30, 09:09 AM
Money? Im in.

GAThraawn
2008-11-30, 10:06 AM
Money? Free Stuff? Heck yeah.

Dr. Bath
2008-11-30, 10:07 AM
Money? Hmm, yeah okay.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-30, 10:08 AM
one qeustion is any of these items shiny? if so then IN:smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2008-11-30, 10:13 AM
Hmm... well in sure why not... the games I'm in should be winding down. IN

Flame of Anor
2008-11-30, 10:21 AM
OK sure, in.

Murska
2008-11-30, 12:32 PM
Money? YES! :smallbiggrin:

detrevnisisiht
2008-11-30, 12:44 PM
in with the last spot

TFT
2008-11-30, 02:20 PM
Alright, role PMs will be going out shortly. (Honestly, I didn't expect this to fill so fast)

Role PMs have been sent out. A couple rules on abilities...(You all mostly have the same)

You can only steal from someone if you know what items they have.
If you scry, you can pick either to know what items they have or who they are.
Starting day 2, there will be the ability to trade, I will say the rules of it later.
No saying what items you have in game, especially considering if some roles win, others will lose.

Game will start in a few hours.

Lamech
2008-11-30, 05:02 PM
When you say no saying what items you have in game does that mean the just the thread or via PM too?

And what about our roles? Can we talk about them?

TFT
2008-11-30, 05:06 PM
I would like to keep what roles and items you have out of the game thread. I don't mind PMing people though(But whether or not you can trust them...)

TFT
2008-11-30, 07:51 PM
(Cough, The phase hasn't started yet... :smalltongue:)

After a few hours to get into character, the people all gathered in the first room they were in.

Alright, now you all know your roles and what items you have.

Now what do we do?

Wait.

Wait?

Yes, wait. We'll give you a way to get your items eventually...
The scientists leave, and the people then start to gather amongst themselves.

Hey maybe we could steal from..
Lets get a look at that person's items...

...Exactly as planned.

Phase one begins now and ends in about twenty four hours.

A couple rules on abilities...(You all mostly have the same)

You can only steal from someone if you know what items they have.(I may change this rule if more then half of you don't like it... this is a test after all)
If you scry, you can pick either to know what items they have or who they are.
Starting day 2, there will be the ability to trade, I will say the rules of it later.
No saying what items or roles you have in game, especially considering if some roles win, others will lose.

TFT
2008-12-02, 01:18 AM
Phase is extended due to me not being able to post and not having all the actions in.

Update should come tomorrow... and please get your abilities in.

Murska
2008-12-02, 01:02 PM
Hm. Isn't the idea of this thread that we talk in it? :smallconfused:

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-02, 01:05 PM
Murska, do you need multiple items?

Lamech
2008-12-02, 01:22 PM
I was going to wait for the item trading system to be detailed before posting large amounts of important stuff in the thread.

Murska
2008-12-02, 01:25 PM
Murska, do you need multiple items?

No, why? :smallconfused:

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-02, 01:31 PM
I thought you wanted us to talk.
Lamech, do you need multiple items?

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-02, 04:06 PM
I don't, in case it matters.

TFT
2008-12-02, 10:00 PM
Phase one ends.
[Note, color does not matter]
The next day, the scientists came back in the room for the first time in a day(Except to give their "guests" food)

So, how are things going?

There was a resounding Good from all the guests... except for one

Hey, my item has been stolen!

The scientists started scribbling on their papers. Interesting...
Now we will tell you about the trade-

What about my item?

System. Once every few days, at our discretion, you will vote for two people to trade all their items. We will give you the day to decide, and the items will be traded privately at the end of the day. Also, you are able to set up trades between yourselves privately. Just let us know.

The scientists then leave, and the people start gathering amongst themselves...

Phase 2 begins and will end in the next 24-48 hours.(I will explain the steal at the end of the game, and remember this is a work in progress... Any questions should be sent in a pm to me. You all still can use your abilities as well this phase)

If I didn't send this to all role PMs, you need to hold on to your item for one day. (No one is that far, don't worry)

Murska
2008-12-03, 07:41 AM
Hm. This game doesn't really work unless people talk a bit... :smallfrown:

Lamech
2008-12-04, 12:21 PM
Hey if anyone needs one specific item to win, I'll can probably work with you if you PM me the name*, and have a useful ablity to bring to the table, or two items.

Although spots are limited so PM now!

*A more generic description will work too. So for example sniper rifle could become firearm.

TFT
2008-12-06, 09:05 PM
(Only 4 actions were sent in...)

Phase 2 ends now.

The scientists come back into the room. So who have you decided to have trade?

No one.

No one? Alright, there will be no forced trade today, and we will not force you to tomorrow.

The crowd seemed to have a mixed reaction now, some people with grins and others seemed angry. One of the ten shouted out, breaking the silence, I have reached my goal!

The scienists began scribbling on their papers again. Great, now come let us see the item and we'll tell you what to do next.

The person leaves with the scientists, and comes back, looking very happy.

Alright, we will come back tomorrow... have fun.

Phase 3 begins now and ends when I get actions.

(So you guys didn't want to vote for trading? Alright...)

Murska
2008-12-21, 10:31 AM
Hey, I am so gonna win this one(not). CONTINUE IT!

Oh, and I shall vote for Emperor Demonking and Detrevnisisiht for trading.

Lamech
2008-12-21, 01:57 PM
I deleted all my PM's and stuff...

TFT
2008-12-21, 03:34 PM
Alright, I know I haven't posted in this one for a while, but there were a lot of unseen circumstances that came up in my life. I apologize to everyone who wanted to finish this, and If you guys want to continue or me start a(Very similar) new one, with some of the changes I found from this game, you guys can tell me and I will.

Murska
2008-12-21, 03:44 PM
I could continue and I'd sign up for a new version aswell.

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-21, 04:11 PM
I'd prefer to just stick this one through(Though I would sign up for another)