PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII ~ Help! Reward Offered!

Neftren
2008-11-29, 02:49 PM
I've got the original Final Fantasy VII Eidos Platinum Edition Disks. You know... the ones that they erroneously labeled with the Install Disk being Disk 1 and so on? Well anyway, I decided to go back and play it. After a bunch of annoyingness, I finally got it to run in Vista. Anyway, the problems begin after I finish Disk 1. I killed Jenova LIFE, then go through the cutscenes and the dialogue. Then the game asks if I want to save. I say "Yes" and it then has that graphic informing me to insert Disk 2.

I proceed to do that. Nothing happens. I can't remember what I do to switch disks, but it can't be that much of a hassle... or so I thought. Anyone want to help me solve this problem? There's a cookie for the person who figures it out.

Tirian
2008-11-29, 03:11 PM
I think that the disc is supposed to just spin up and then off it goes. It definitely isn't more than just doing that and then hitting enter once or twice.

Do you have Auto-play on? I tend to disable that for Vista because I don't want to accidentally put a Sony music CD in and have it start installing undeletable drivers on my OS without my permission, but it might be worth turning on just to make sure that FFVII will recognize it. Then again, I seem to have a memory that I've had similar problems over the course of my life and it drove me to play FFVII on the PS2 instead of the PC....

Neftren
2008-11-29, 03:33 PM
I think that the disc is supposed to just spin up and then off it goes. It definitely isn't more than just doing that and then hitting enter once or twice.

Do you have Auto-play on? I tend to disable that for Vista because I don't want to accidentally put a Sony music CD in and have it start installing undeletable drivers on my OS without my permission, but it might be worth turning on just to make sure that FFVII will recognize it. Then again, I seem to have a memory that I've had similar problems over the course of my life and it drove me to play FFVII on the PS2 instead of the PC....

The original FFVII disks are too old for auto-run technology to exist. My computer sees the disk fine. I think I've narrowed the issue down to where I finish the cutscene, and the game prompts me to save. I say "yes", but it doesn't actually save my game. So when I initialize ff7.exe off the second disk, it keeps telling me to put Disk 1 back in... because it never saved my game. I also don't own a PS2.