PDA

View Full Version : Game On: AAR

only1doug
2008-11-29, 06:48 PM
Ok, so I GM'd a game for my sisters kids today, their first ever game.

The players:
10 yr old male, 8 yr old male

the wandering obstuctions:
4 yr old female, 2 yr old male

The PC's:

Ringo Whebling: L1 halfling rogue (PC / 10Yr old); shortsword
Whizzie Flashbang: L1 elf wizard (really a sorcerer, PC / 8Yr old); crossbow
Stan Steele: L1 human Fighter (NPC/ 2Yr old); spiked chain
Georgina ????: Pixie cleric no stats (NPC / 4Yr old)

the adventure:

A Dark and stormy Knight (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20050329a) (downloaded from WoTC)

First reading:

Railroad Tracks all over. you can't explore past the main hall because the doors are too strong and the locks un-pickable but a few minutes later the doors will fall apart due to loud thunder.... who writes this junk?
otherwise adventure was OK, fixed the railroad by reducing break and lock pick DC's.

Running the adventure

Ran Stan as A NPC throughout, Georgina popped into existance after battles to scold PC's for getting injured, heal them and then de-materialise.

Players discussed enduring the storm but decided to take shelter at the Tor.

after some hints they checked the doors for traps. ("you don't find any traps"). :P

lockpick attempt failed on door to area 6. lockpick succeeded on door toward area 4. Opening door to 4 caused Rat swarm charge (co-incided with thunder etc) (plot train de-railed). L1 PC's vs rats... lots of misses on both sides.

Room 4, Hobgobs attacked Stan, Ringo tumbles and sneak attacks killing one.
after a string of misses the 2nd one falls. (Whizzie is meleeing using a dagger). Whizzie tries out his detect magic and notices the magical belt (and had to be talked out of destroying it) (Stan wore it).

PC's returned to entry area and unlocked door to room 7. Ringo fails fort save others pass. Vargouille is very ineffective.

PC's search room, Ringo takes ring and suddenly talks in elvish.

PC open room 6 (Stan breaks door open) Ringo had to be reminded to search for traps and Stan disarmed via attacking chest. (no XP for that trap)

PC's head back and move toward room 5. Ringo has learned about traps so is searching throughout and easily spots webbing. battle with spider results in Stan getting bitten and losing 2 str. Georgina materialises, scolds, heals and vanishes.

BBEG: Long fight - only Stan got hit. PC's suitably impressed.

overall result: "when can we play again Uncle Doug?"

"What have happened if we hadn't gone to the Tor?"

"Well, the weather would of got worse and worse and if you still didn't want to go in then I would of called an end to the session and downloaded a different adventure for next time"

Keld Denar
2008-11-29, 07:02 PM
Well done brainwashing indoctrinating the youth of today's generation into the wide world of imagination!

Kudos for you!

Vortling
2008-11-29, 07:06 PM
Congrats on running a session without the new players getting too distracted.

only1doug
2008-11-29, 07:28 PM
Congrats on running a session without the new players getting too distracted.

Heh, there was a small amount of distraction going on... i didn't include that in the report.

It was pretty much me and the 2 older boys, the younger ones wanted to watch but were trying to grab attention instead, they wandered off after we ignored them.