PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Nova?!?!?!

GerminRete
2008-11-29, 11:55 PM
Ah! I need help. Munchkin match time, and I gotta rebuild the Psionic Nova, if you guys can recall it. Level 20 character.

ALl I want out of him, is to kill everyone. That's it. The Psionic Nova, if anyone remembers it, was the perfect way to kill off everyone. Do the most amount of damage in the least amount of time. All I recall is that it focused on using Temporal Accelerate power, as well as the Overchannel power. What are your ideas on how to build him? Level 20, 18 in Psion at least, to get the 9th level spell, Temporal Accelerate. You let me know, please. All ideas welcome.

Thanks

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2008-11-30, 12:08 AM
Temporal Acceleration is a 6th level power.

There are two ways to guarantee victory. The first is to use the power Timeless Body with the feat Persistent Power, found HERE (http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/msrd/ArcanaOccupationsandFeats.rtf)in one of WotC's SRD files. You'll need both Overchannel and the feat Metapower from Complete Psionic. That will make you completely immune to anything they could ever try to do to you, including immunity to anything that would end the power's effect prematurely. You'd be 100% guaranteed to win as long as the battle lasted less than 24 hours.

The second is to actually go with a nova build, which would most likely involve using a Psicrystal with the powers Synchronicity and Affinity Field. You manifest Affinity Field, replacing yourself with your psicrystal. Then you manifest a Quickened Synchronicity, sharing it with your psicrystal. The affinity field causes you to be affected by Synchronicity twice, gaining two standard actions. Spend one to do whatever you want, and the other to manifest another Synchronicity, again sharing it with the psicrystal. Repeat that as many times as you want until everyone is dead, all within the first round. Be sure to use Psionic Moment of Prescience to be sure to win initiative, or Metamorphosis into a Dire Tortoise from Sandstorm to automatically get to act before anyone else as though you have a surprise round. As long as you don't run out of powerpoints or ways to attack, and as long as nobody else is close enough to be inside the affinity field, you'll win before anyone else gets to act.