PDA

View Full Version : Super Hearing

Closet_Skeleton
2008-11-30, 07:18 AM
For some reason, everything's really loud today. Just typing this is really annoying because of how loud the keys are and turning door handles makes such a loud noise that I'm worried that I'm using too much strength and that the handle will break.

I had to turn the volume on my speakers really low. Which my parents will probably appreciate

Its not like I can hear things I couldn't normally hear, everythings just rediculously loud.

It was like this last night as well, maybe it'll go away tommorow.

Lord Herman
2008-11-30, 07:57 AM
Do you also have headaches or a feeling of pressure inside your head? It could be your sinuses. If stuff gets clogged in your head, it sometimes makes things sound louder.

You could try using salt water to clear your sinuses. Just mix a teaspoonful of table salt into 200 mililitres of lukewarm water, snort it up through your nose, and spit it out. It feels awful, but it does sometimes help.

If nothing helps, and you keep this super-hearing, you should either go and see your doctor, or buy a spandex suit and protect your city from crime and villainy.

Jølly
2008-11-30, 02:06 PM
Watch out for someone that's after your brain...

insecure
2008-11-30, 02:21 PM
Do you also have headaches or a feeling of pressure inside your head? It could be your sinuses. If stuff gets clogged in your head, it sometimes makes things sound louder.

You could try using salt water to clear your sinuses. Just mix a teaspoonful of table salt into 200 mililitres of lukewarm water, snort it up through your nose, and spit it out. It feels awful, but it does sometimes help.

If nothing helps, and you keep this super-hearing, you should either go and see your doctor, or buy a spandex suit and protect your city from crime and villainy.

Is it a microphone?

Is it a recorder?

No, it's the super-hearing man!

Evil DM Mark3
2008-11-30, 02:23 PM
If nothing helps, and you keep this super-hearing, you should either go and see your doctor, or buy a spandex suit and protect your city from crime and villainy.That, or use your powers for evil and become a professional eavesdropper.

Mauve Shirt
2008-11-30, 02:24 PM
I took a test and was told I had abnormally good hearing. Really it was just a phenomenally easy test. :smallbiggrin:

Nefarion Xid
2008-11-30, 02:27 PM
Oh yes, I too develop super powers the morning after binge drinking.

Bright lights are my kryptonite.

Fri
2008-11-30, 03:13 PM
I guess it's your sinus or middle ear acting up, but I need to ask you a question first.

Have you been drinking bad champagne again? You remember what happened last time you drunk those things right?

T-O-E
2008-11-30, 03:46 PM
To use your powers for good or for evil? Your choice.

Kneenibble
2008-11-30, 03:50 PM

If I may most humbly amend your prescription, sir, a half-teaspoon of seasalt in 500 mL of water that is body-temperature is the correct ratio. This proportion mimics the salinity and temperature of blood, without the chemicals that stabilize table salt, and based on personal experience, is very gentle & comfortable excepting the initial unfamiliarity with putting substances up one's nose.

It's an extremely relieving process called jala neti, and if you can't find a pot specifically fashioned for the purpose, the half-size teapots do a decent job.

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-11-30, 04:12 PM
Just out of curiousity, any other symptoms? Sensitivity to bright light, perhaps?

Closet_Skeleton
2008-12-01, 08:21 AM
Either I've got used to it, or my hearing is normal again. It's pretty much impossible to drink

Just out of curiousity, any other symptoms? Sensitivity to bright light, perhaps?

No.

Have you been drinking bad champagne again? You remember what happened last time you drunk those things right?

I don't drink champagne. Last time I had alchohol was a single of Whiskey on Thursday.