PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Freeform IC

Jallorn
2008-11-30, 04:31 PM
(OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5391927#post5391927)

Jallorn dashed up into the Naren, firing a couple shots over his shoulder, the rest of the crew shortly behind him. He waved F3A away as the droid attempted to halt him to deal with the smoking shoulder burn. As the ancient ship took off, Jallorn and Drik at the controls. As they pulled into hyperspace, Jallorn leaned back in his chair, saying, "That was a fun little adventure."

(For a little bit we'll just be doing a little character development. so whatever you would normally be doing on the ship, do that.)

TigerHunter
2008-11-30, 05:04 PM
Drik nods. "Any idea who those guys were?"

Jallorn
2008-11-30, 05:07 PM
"Did you get hit on the head? They were the same guys who've been trying to get as since Dantooine." Jallorn was incredulous. "And no, I still don't know who they are, nor do I care."

TFT
2008-11-30, 05:23 PM
...Maybe we should check to make sure they aren't following us now.

Jallorn
2008-11-30, 05:27 PM
"Well," said Jallorn, "No one has yet devised a way to track ships in hyperspace, but I suppose we could do a sensor sweep." He turned to Tras, "Connect to the ship and use the scanners to see if they planted a subspace communication device of any sort on the ship."

TFT
2008-11-30, 05:31 PM
A sensor sweep is what I meant. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go work on my ship. Tell me if you find something. Matthas then goes to the hanger to work on his X-Wing.

Xyk
2008-11-30, 09:14 PM
Ni goes to the cockpit.

Where are we going now?

Gourtox
2008-12-01, 05:30 PM
Bravil Dormin

"Well that went well. Jallorn you know you should let F3 look at that."

He will call M7-F3A F3 from now on.

Jallorn
2008-12-01, 05:48 PM
Turning to Ni, Jallorn said simply, "Twarel Station, we'll refuel, take a little R&R, and I'll see if I can't get my armor repaired." Then to Bravil, "Yeah, if I leave it off any longer F3A will complain about me increasing his workload."

Xyk
2008-12-01, 06:26 PM
Ni paces about the ship, finds a place to sit and juggles things with the help of the force, feeling and looking anxious. Powering up and down his lightsaber, making sure it felt, looked and sounded like it should. He tinkers with it little bit, bringing it up to full ability. He then continues to fidget until something interesting happens.

Gourtox
2008-12-01, 07:43 PM
Bravil Dormin

"I still can't believe that you were able to make Tras. Ya know I've really wanted to make a droid, but I don't have the skill yet. Twarel Station. Where's that?"

Jallorn
2008-12-01, 08:48 PM
"It orbits an asteroid near an asteroid field in the... what system is it again Drik?" asked Jallorn turning to him. "I can never remember the name, even after all the stops we make there."

TigerHunter
2008-12-01, 10:51 PM
"The Cron Drift," Drik says, standing up. He hefts up his sniper rifle and winces at the burns and grease marks along the barrel.

He lowers the weapon and makes for the cockpit door. "I'll be in my bunk."

Xyk
2008-12-01, 10:57 PM
Having been eavesdropping, Ni comes forward and asks: Isn't that a major smuggling route? What good could possibly come of going there?

Jallorn
2008-12-01, 11:03 PM
"It make for an excellent place to hide. Smugglers have an agreement that anyone who discovers the place must do so on their own or be trusted by one who brings them there. And no one is allowed to mention that a certain person frequents the station, and others like it, under the threat of every smuggler and otherwise notorious person of any note shooting them down at the first chance."

Xyk
2008-12-01, 11:08 PM
"So how did you find out about it?"

Jallorn
2008-12-02, 05:27 PM
"I've done my share of smuggling, How did you think I got the Naren?"

TigerHunter
2008-12-02, 05:28 PM
Back in the crew's quarters, Drik disassembles his rifle and begins oiling and cleaning it.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 05:39 PM
A Cordu-Ji of slightly taller than average height stood close to the captain as he spoke to the other crew. Vilyra had been with the crew for awhile, but she had not gotten to know very many of them yet. Though they knew her skill with blasters.

In the less than perfect light her armor looked almost completely black, and her hair at that. Her eyes glowed very faint red from the cybernetic augmentations. Her arms rested around her chest, two below her bosom, two right over it. For now she didn't feel the need to speak.

Xyk
2008-12-02, 06:25 PM
Ni, now thinking a little bit less of his captain, retreats to the crew quarters where Drik is. He stealthily pokes about Drik's mind with the force subconsciously (like not really on purpose), and says...

"Is it safe to assume the sith who once carried the rifle is dead? Or were you once sith?

TigerHunter
2008-12-02, 07:02 PM
"Well," Drik says, glancing through the barrel to check for any obstructions. "He had a blaster shot straight through his chest when I took this off of him and someone landed a thermal detonator in the building shortly thereafter. So yeah, I think he's dead."

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 07:31 PM
Vilyra finally spoke to the captain. Will we find work at the smugglers base? Or will be simply be hiding? She kept her questions short, her tone even. The danger was real and in the here and now. Despite this though, people like the crew needed to work to earn money. Danger was always around the corner. She had a family to return to if she ever wished to. The others, she doubted most had any family. Their lives were lived as if every day was their last. For her this was more or less an adventure, though, she took it no less seriously.

Jallorn
2008-12-02, 07:44 PM
"Probably not, you remember how the last job we got there went." Jallorn stared for a moment at a screen, the glow bouncing off his visor. A moment later, he stood, saying, "Now, no more questions until my arm is patched up."

Gourtox
2008-12-02, 07:51 PM
Bravil Dormin

"Vilyra you seem a bit grumpy today what's up? And don't give me that we are in danger crap." He sits down in one of the few remaing chairs and begins to clean his blaster rifle and his blaster pistol.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 07:58 PM
Very good, sir. She spoke directly to the captain. She angled her head to look at the human. He looked to be young yet had an air about him. He knew what he was doing, had experience under his belt. Bravil seemed a nice man, thus far. I am not grumpy. What gives you that idea? Her tone was still even but her face was bent almost in an incredulous look.

Gourtox
2008-12-02, 08:11 PM
Bravil Dormin

"I know you and your words seem to be a bit, oh what's the word? Put off to me." He continues to clean his guns, but takes a second to look at her noticeing her look and smirks.

I'm trying to make him friendly and pretty much the carefree guy.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 08:26 PM
She studied him for a few moments before answering. Maybe I am still getting used to life with the captain and the crew. All four of her arms shrugged. Vilyra realized he was just trying to be nice so she took a seat and watched him clean his blasters. Tell me about yourself.

Gourtox
2008-12-02, 08:37 PM
Bravil Dormin

His eyes lose their usual friendly glint. "Throughout all of my past I've only had two friends other than you guys and well my history isn't that pretty, but about me." His eyes return to normal as he gets away from his past. "Well I'm bounty hunter with a knowledge of technology and a love of mandalorians and their culture. What about you?" Having finished cleaning his rifle he reassembles it and puts it on the ground by his chair and starts cleaning his pistol.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 08:50 PM
She could sense his pain even if he hid it. It seemed many had much pain in their lives. Hers was nothing to scoff at, but by no means insurmountable. She, herself, was a constant reminder of her pain. What had been done to her would probably never go away, not that she would want it to. A smirk came over her face as she thought about it. Interesting how she was more accepting of it now despite the sharpness the memories still had.

I am nothing special to speak of. I grew up in a good family. My life has been nothing much, until recent years. Even then compared to others I have nothing extraordinary to say. She did not include her ordeal in the brief vague details. She did not speak of it. In the here and now she was comfortable with what she had become, but still she would not speak of that part of her past to anyone. I will say this much. I am enjoying myself. It may not look like it though. She let herself grin at Bravil. His calm mannerisms helped her to relax.

Gourtox
2008-12-02, 08:53 PM
"Well I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." He smiles and reassembles his pistol and puuting it in its holster. "What of your guns are the clean?"

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-02, 09:03 PM
Vilyra pulls out her pistol. This is the only one I used. Are you offering to clean it? If not then I guess I misunderstood you. She held out the pistol with her bottom left arm, her other three arms still wrapped around her bosom.

Xyk
2008-12-02, 10:24 PM
...still talking to drik...

How has service been under Jallorn? I'm unsure of his motives. I mean, nobody buys a ship and hires a crew for no reason.

TigerHunter
2008-12-02, 11:03 PM
Drik looks up at Ni and grins. "Fun."

Xyk
2008-12-02, 11:36 PM
Ni chuckles and replies Maybe I'm over-thinking it

He then walks out of the room and towards Bravil and Vilya. He leans against a wall.

Hey, my name's Ni Kohn; where are you two from?

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-03, 12:10 AM
Vilyra looks up at the Kel Dor and gives him a nod. Since he was part of the crew she decided he was ok, her suspicious nature fading away for the most part. I hail from Munto Codru, and you? She stated politely.

Gourtox
2008-12-03, 06:11 AM
Bravil Dormin

"Yes I was." He takes the pistol and starts to clean it. He turns toward Ni. "I don't know were I'm from. Where are you from my friend? Then he turns back to the gun.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-03, 01:55 PM
After Bravil took her pistol she thanked him for taking the time to clean the pistol. A very kind man that Bravil, she thought. Wonder why he is so? No matter really it will just make him easier to get along with. Vilyra laid her head against the metal wall and watched Bravil clean her pistol, while she conversed with the Kel Dor. Yes, where are you from? I am not familiar with Kel Dor's all that much.

Xyk
2008-12-03, 06:12 PM
I am told I was born on Dorin, though I was selected as Force-Sensitive when I was 2 and taken to Coruscant for training. Bravil, how could you not know where you're from? Not even where you were raised?

Ni is upset by his lack of childhood and tries his best to hide it. It helps that nobody knows what an upset Kel Dor looks like.

Gourtox
2008-12-03, 06:31 PM
Bravil Dormin

"I'm an orphan if you must know and I was raised on an evil ship. I don't like to talk about it and look I've talked about it twice today." Reasembling the gun he hands it back to Vilyra. "Here's your gun. Its a nice one."

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-03, 08:24 PM
Let us speak of something else then. Vilyra said almost hastily. She holsters her pistol and re-wraps her arm with the other three. As she did she gave her thanks as a nod. Since it seems many of us have less than sparkling back histories, let us speak of something more pleasant. She let her tone become pleasant. She did not want Bravil to become angered, knowing all to well how she felt about her darker past and how it made her feel. She leaned over and rested both the hands on her top arms on his shoulders for a moment, her eyes letting him know she understood his pain if not his circumstances. Then she leaned back against the wall.

Gourtox
2008-12-03, 08:50 PM
Bravil Dormin

"I agree let's talk about something more cheerful." He nods his thanks to Vilyra. "So you're a Kel Dor born on Dorin. Have you heard of a Kel Dor jedi called Plo Koon?"

Xyk
2008-12-03, 09:36 PM
You know everyone asks that when they meet me. Yeah, I've heard of him, though he's been dead for quite some time, sorry to burst your bubble.

Ni laughs and slides down the wall he was leaning against, sitting.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-03, 10:48 PM
Vilyra chuckles a bit at Ni's comment. I have studied some history. He died during the... Clone Wars was it? There is so much history on the Jedi that I think I might be confusing him with another. All four of her arms shrug, then her top right hand absently rubs her head as the other three return to their previous position.

Jallorn
2008-12-03, 10:59 PM
After a time in which the crew members took time to work on hobbies or chat with one another, a ding could be heard from the cockpit, followed closely by Jallorn making his way there. "We're pulling out of lightspeed soon." he announced moments before they did just that. "And there she is, isn't she a beaut?" Jallorn guided the ship into the cylindrical space station, landing in the docking bay. "I'll be going up a level to get my armor fixed, you guys take the turbolift down a level, there's a cantina and a hotel of sorts. Have fun, I'll find you guys when it's time to go."

Xyk
2008-12-03, 11:11 PM
Ni jumps up, anxious, and takes a quick scan of the area with the force (looking for dangerous things or sith). He takes his lightsaber just in case.

To the Cantina!

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-03, 11:23 PM
Vilyra's eyes took on a colder look. It was not directed toward any of the crew, everyone could sense that. Being in new situations put her on edge. Vilyra stood up calmly checking all her guns making sure they were present and ready to draw at a moments notice. She had been to a few smugglers rings in her time out and about. Nothing had ever happened but she knew bad things were about constantly never the less.

Her tone was soft, but had a hint of reservation towards the situation. Bravil. What will you be doing? I might go to the cantina with Ni.

TigerHunter
2008-12-04, 12:05 AM
Drik, having reassembled his rifle and rejoined the others, seconds the cantina motion. "Good choice. The Black Bantha has the best Starshingle this side of the Core."

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-04, 12:11 AM
Vilyra eyes Drik wearily, though she let none show on her face or in her eyes. She had come to see how this one loved to fight and how bloodthirsty he was. She was not sure if he was trustworthy yet. He might cause some trouble at the Cantina, she thought. Time will tell. For now though, she turned her attention back to Bravil.

Gourtox
2008-12-04, 06:26 AM
Bravil Dormin

"I'll be going to the cantina too. Its a great place to get info." He picks up his blaster rifle and stands up. "But its also seems like a place that there might be trouble at."

TigerHunter
2008-12-04, 09:55 AM
"Nah. Everyone's armed and there's no rule of law, so not many are stupid enough to pick fights." Drik has a blaster pistol holstered on his belt all the same.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-04, 02:18 PM
Well I shall go to as well then. Unlike everyone else she had all four of her weapons on her person. Both her rifle, carbine, and two heavy blasters. Knowing how she could wield most of them at once, and at that still wore her armor, Vilyra would most likely receive the least amount of trouble this day. She follows the group when they make their way to the cantina.

Gourtox
2008-12-04, 08:19 PM
Bravil Dormin

"I've learned its best to always be prepared. I'll be taking my rifle and pistol all the same and of course my armor stays with me. He picks up his helmet off the back of his chair and puts it on his head. "Let's go." He says starting walking to exit ramp, but waits for the others to follow.

Xyk
2008-12-04, 10:35 PM
Ni decides to conceal his lightsaber under his tunic just in case there are some people unfriendly towards jedi.

I am going to stand out with this crowd; all their armor and arms. I'm going in with clothes...

He then follows Bravil out the door.

TigerHunter
2008-12-04, 11:02 PM
Drik follows everyone.

TFT
2008-12-05, 01:37 AM
Matthas follows the rest of the crew who are going to the cantina.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-05, 12:34 PM
Vilyra keeps her eyes weary of all around her, save her crew, though Drik was not yet in her trust either. For now though she avoided eying him to much as it would make her and the crew look weak. That would only invite trouble. She gaged everyone she could see without looking for to long, checking weapons, armor, gear. Her augmented eyes and brain taking everything in faster than normal humanoids could.

Gourtox
2008-12-05, 03:23 PM
Bravil Dormin

Bravil at the head of the group leads the way to the turbolift past all the ships and their crews. He checks all the crews and ships for potential threat and value as he passes by.

Xyk
2008-12-05, 09:53 PM
Ni is relatively relaxed, not really expecting anything to happen in front of everybody here and with his heavily armed teammates standing around. He is also very excited for the cantina.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-06, 12:41 AM
Vilyra notices Bravil scoping out the smugglers. A smart move. He had a head about him. She was beginning to like him more and more. Good she thought, make this journey all the more enjoyable, or at times, bearable.

TigerHunter
2008-12-06, 12:56 AM
Drik walks confidently behind the rest of the group, glad to be back on the station. It offered the safety and home-y feel of the Naren, but was far less cramped and far more worldly. Also, the food processors on the Naren weren't too good at fermentation.

Xyk
2008-12-06, 01:17 PM
Assuming we make it safely down the turbolifts, Ni heads toward the bar, opening his mind fully to dangers.

Hey Drik, what's good here?

TigerHunter
2008-12-06, 01:33 PM
"Anything but the women," Drik says, eying the females, predominately humans and twi'leks, going from table to table. "If it's booze you want, I'm partial to starshingle. If you're hungry, pretty much anything made out of nerf. I prefer burgers to steak, but to each his own."

Jallorn
2008-12-06, 02:32 PM
As the crew enters the cantina, they immediately notice the noise,a constant murmur only slightly louder than would normally be expected from the size of the crowd witnessed. Despite the obviousness of some parties being both traders and pilots, none of them are speaking in hushed tones, nor are they hidden in dark corners. The openness of such a "smugglers den" astounds most of the group, and creates doubt in those who are there for their first time as to whether or not it really is one. As they seat them selves, a battered looking protocol droid approaches them, "May I take your orders?" it asks, "lists of available foods and drinks are available upon request."

TigerHunter
2008-12-06, 02:59 PM
"A bottle of starshingle and... hm... do you have any krakana in stock?"

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-07, 12:17 AM
Vilyra was relieved to see that the cantina was not a sullen, danger waiting to happen place. Although with the smuggler type, one never knew when danger would come even if it was not readily apparent. She kept her eyes peeled, but tried to relax a bit. I will take some nerf steak. She said to the droid. Vilyra turned her head to Drik. Anything I need to know about this place? Her tone was calm but inquiring.

Jallorn
2008-12-07, 12:23 AM
"Yes," said the droid, "We have both. And for the rest of you?"

Xyk
2008-12-07, 12:27 AM
I'll have some starshingle and a nerf steak.

TigerHunter
2008-12-07, 12:38 AM
"A filet, then, please."

Jallorn
2008-12-07, 04:28 PM
A blaster could be heard over the crowd, which immediately quieted, and the droid crumpled to a blaster shot as five men stood forward, aiming their guns at the crew.

TigerHunter
2008-12-07, 04:45 PM
Drik keeps both hands in plain sight on the table. "Do I know you gentlemen?"

Xyk
2008-12-07, 05:58 PM
Ni also keeps both hands visible but lifts his lightsaber stealthily behind his back with the force. He decides to let Drik do all the talking.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-07, 08:36 PM
Vilyra forced herself to keep calm, all four of her arms tense and ready to fight. She knew she could grab her blasters and be rolling for cover before they could even get to many shots off. Her enhanced body gave her a slight edge. For now though she would wait. If she acted to soon her companions might end up dead or wounded.

Jallorn
2008-12-07, 09:14 PM
Wordlessly, the man in front raised his rifle and fired a series of blasts at Drik. The others acted only moments later, toppling tables for shelter and then adding their blasters to the fray.

TigerHunter
2008-12-07, 09:18 PM
((Shouldn't we all be dead? Or does their aim just really, really suck (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImperialStormtrooperMarksmanshipAcademy)?))

Drik dives beneath the table the instant he sees the man's trigger finger move. He pulls out his blaster and starts firing at the nearest assailant.

Xyk
2008-12-07, 09:29 PM
Ni whips around his lightsaber, igniting it, then force leaps out of his chair, and slashes skillfully and artfully, aiming for the guns and hands.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-07, 10:54 PM
Vilyra took quick note of their tension and realized they were about to shoot. She pulled out both her heavy pistols taking precise shots as best she could rolling, as she had planned, for cover. She continued to take shots from her cover, trying to take at least one of them alive for questioning.

TFT
2008-12-08, 01:49 AM
I knew this wasn't going to end well... Matthas thought as he tried to find some cover so he didn't get shot at. He attempts to take out his closest available weapon, a pistol, and shoot at the hands of the assailents.

Gourtox
2008-12-08, 07:44 PM
Bravil Dormin

He rolls for cover shooting as acurately as he could. "There's always trouble at cantinas." he grumbles shooting at the enemy from his cover.

TigerHunter
2008-12-10, 05:22 PM
Drik squeezes off several shots at the nearest assassin.

Jallorn
2008-12-11, 04:42 PM
Drik's shots slammed into the Thug's shoulder, throwing him onto the ground. Two of the others turned to aim their shots at Drik while the other two fired at the Jedi.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-12, 12:39 PM
Vilyra takes some quick glances to make sure she will not get rocked by blaster fire when she tries to shoot. Feeling it safe, as could be for being in the middle of a fire fight, she raises her torso and top arms up just enough to take two shots with each of her heavy pistols laying into any assailants who were foolish enough to leave themselves open. After taking the shots she ducks back down keeping her eyes peeled for any more opportunities.

Jallorn
2008-12-12, 09:17 PM
Vilyra's blasts collide solidly with one of the thug's head, killing him instantly.

Gourtox
2008-12-12, 09:49 PM
Bravil

"I told you guys this would happen!" He yells from his cover. He hears some quick fire and a thud as one of the assailants hits the ground. "Nice shot Vilyra! Let's see how I do!" he yells turning around and firing a burst from his blaster rifle at the nearest assailant. "So how did I do?!" he asks from his cover.

Jallorn
2008-12-13, 11:45 AM
The remaining three thugs, having adopted more defensive stances, survive Gourtox's volley.

Xyk
2008-12-13, 01:26 PM
Ni stays calm, deflecting the bolts coming at him, attempting to redirect them back at the thugs. At the same time, he attempts to throw the nearest thug as far away from him as possible. He assumes the Soresu stance.

TFT
2008-12-14, 02:39 AM
Matthas, seemingly forgotten about, will try to use cover to get around behind them and shoot them.

Jallorn
2008-12-14, 08:28 PM
As Ni gestures, one of the Thugs flies back a couple paces, but remains otherwise unharmed, and quickly regains his composure and ducks back behind cover. As Matthas starts to move, one of the Thugs yells, and turns his gun towards Matthas.

TigerHunter
2008-12-17, 05:25 PM
Drik squeezes off another few shots. Now that his adrenaline levels have dropped from "astronomical" to "still very high", he sets his mind to wondering what this could be about. It was obviously some personal vendetta, but who? And why open fire in the middle of a crowded bar?

Makes no sithspawning sense...

Jallorn
2008-12-19, 09:16 PM
Shifting his position, one of the thugs fired a few shots at Matthas, two of them colliding with Matthas's left shoulder and right ankle, before being pinned down by Drik's blaster fire. One of the other's was also held down by blaster fire while the third grabbed the dead one's blaster and aimed both at Ni. In a momentary break in the fire, the second thug tossed a flash grenade into the middle of the exchange.

Marcus Araelius
2008-12-20, 12:52 AM
Vilyra hunkered down closing her eyes tight as she recognized a flash grenade incoming, even though her cybernetic eye enhancements most likely would have provided plenty of protection. When it went off she let out a heavy breath. No more playing nice. She gritted her teeth and armed all four of her hands with weapons; while her pistols laid down cover fire. She braced her rifles on the table, for increased accuracy, then let loose a storm of fire from all four weapons at once. Her enhanced musculature allowed her to use all four of her weapons without much hindrance, though her accuracy was reduced. Only a fool would peak out while she assailed them so. She gave quick glances to her companions, her head indicating in the direction of the thugs implying that they should get better positions and or move up on them.

Xyk
2008-12-20, 01:26 AM
Ni deflects the bolt out of his way, switches to Ataru for increased reach. He force leaps at the closest thug, slashing and flashing his saber, spinning and slashing as many as he can. This sudden change of style will surprise his foes, he hopes.

Jallorn
2008-12-20, 01:26 AM
Just before Vilyra's assault, one of the thugs jumped up to attack in the wake of the flash and got slammed backwards. The other two were completly incapable of movement from their positions.

Gourtox
2008-12-20, 11:20 AM
Bravil

Bravil takes advantage and moves as fast as he can to flank the thugs while he could. He ran from cover to cover as he fired at the thug's position incase one popped up.

TFT
2008-12-21, 04:04 PM
Matthas attempts to use his pistol to get a shot off on anyone who is still aiming at him(though his aim is probably crap right now), while trying to get into cover.

Jallorn
2008-12-22, 11:32 PM
As he moves, Bravil trips over Matthas who has fallen unconsious due to his inguries. Meanwhile, Ni seems to be having trouble concentrating, almost as if someone was interfering.

TigerHunter
2008-12-31, 01:57 PM
Drik fires repeatedly, looking for a path towards the exit. No, wait, sod that. Leave it open so they can start running if they want.