PDA

View Full Version : Getting started in D&D

Azriel
2008-11-30, 08:43 PM
*prepares for maelstrom of advice* Where do i get started? *hides under a blanket*

Yukitsu
2008-11-30, 08:45 PM
Highly recommend the SRD. Read all of it. My group has one annoying player that hasn't even read half the core rules. Don't be that guy.

Dublock
2008-11-30, 08:46 PM
next find a group in real life or in here that is willing to help you along the game, character creation, role playing, rule set, and everything else. ;)

Vortling
2008-11-30, 08:50 PM
*prepares for maelstrom of advice* Where do i get started? *hides under a blanket*

Here. (http://www.d20srd.org/) Also here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/welcome)

Note that the first link is 3.5 and the current selling edition is 4e. You can't go wrong with the srd link though.

Azriel
2008-11-30, 08:55 PM
thanks for the start. now silly question.....whats an SRD? i think i caught that at camp

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-30, 09:02 PM
This (http://www.d20srd.org/)

It's a compilation of most of 3.5's basic rules.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-01, 08:00 AM
Join a game, any game, nearby (or an online game if none are nearby) and don't worry about knowing the rules in your first two or three sessions. Honestly, play first, learn the rules later (as they're less important than simply enjoying the game).

Storm Bringer
2008-12-01, 08:25 AM
thanks for the start. now silly question.....whats an SRD? i think i caught that at camp

Systems Reference Document. the basic rules, stripped of flavour, poetic language, and one or two important rules, available online, for free, to download and wade though at your lesuire.

really, though, the best way to start is to find a actual flesh-and blood gamer, and ask them for help in getting into the game. the SRD is rather dry and legalistic in tone. It's great as a document to refer to, but trying to learn the rules form it without someone to help you is rather hard.

as Kurald says, it's best to get a game and learn the rules as you go, as reading a rules set doesn't stick as well as using the rules set. Plus, you get to see the fun bits of the game without too much frontloading of boring stuff (ie, you get to chop/stab/smite/rain infernal fire down on your foes.)

the only other advice I'd give you is:

1) if given a choice between two or more options, go for the one that you think is coolest, all else being equal. Mechanical strenght is nice and all, but I'd rather play a cool but weak character than a strong but soulless one.

2) enjoy yourself.

Kizara
2008-12-01, 08:46 AM
1) Find a group that is willing to work with you and help you learn the game.

2) Borrow a PHB.

3) Read it a bunch, come to the group (or just your contact) with a bunch of questions.

4) With a basic understanding, join in and learn as you play.

Also, realize that there's a rather large difference between 4th edition D&D (recently released and currently being supported by WotC) and 3.5 edition D&D (which still has a large following).

And many threads and discussions have attempted to address those differences, but if I tried to sum it up for you:

4E is to D&D what EM is to DotA. It is geared towards a more casual game style, it is shallower and simplier then 3.5 and in general leans heavily towards many common videogame/MMO troupes and conventions.

That being said, it is easier to pick up for someone that is new and/or less intelligent, simply because it is designed to be easier and simplier. It is also much harder to make bad choices, to die in game and in general the system tries to coddle you at every step.

In a nutshell, if you want a more immersive, deep and simulation-oriented roleplaying game, go for 3.5. If you want an easier, simpler, more balanced game that is focused much more on the "rule of cool", having casual fun and messing about, go for 4E.

I will admit I despise 4E, but I have tried to give you honest and accurate advice here nonetheless. Although, I'm certain I'll get people jumping all over me and picking apart my descriptions: this is a forum afterall.

Thufir
2008-12-01, 08:53 AM
With a basic understanding, join in and learn as you play.

I'd say just this. And by 'basic understanding' I mean, 'If you want to do something, roll a d20'.
If you get someone to do character creation with you, all the relevant numbers will be on your character sheet, and you'll pick it up pretty fast.

Kizara
2008-12-01, 08:57 AM
I'd say just this. And by 'basic understanding' I mean, 'If you want to do something, roll a d20'.
If you get someone to do character creation with you, all the relevant numbers will be on your character sheet, and you'll pick it up pretty fast.

Well, it depends on what is important to you I suppose.

Do you just want to roleplay a common trope in a fantasy setting, with a group of gamers?

Are you also looking to really understand how your setting works, your character's abilities and options, and the general metagame of how the game works?

Alot of people tend towards the former, I'm much more the latter, YMMV.

Thufir
2008-12-01, 09:07 AM
Well, it depends on what is important to you I suppose.

Do you just want to roleplay a common trope in a fantasy setting, with a group of gamers?

Are you also looking to really understand how your setting works, your character's abilities and options, and the general metagame of how the game works?

Alot of people tend towards the former, I'm much more the latter, YMMV.

Well, I would prefer the latter too, but the former is easier to start out with.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-01, 10:39 AM
4E is to D&D what EM is to DotA.

That metaphor would be more useful if you explained what EM and DOTA are :smallbiggrin:

Eorran
2008-12-01, 10:57 AM
If you can find a group of people to join, great. If not, plenty of people got started on their own.
I find that knowing the rules is less important than learning to enjoy the game. You'll need to understand basic stuff, like how to tell if you hit someone /got hit during combat, but don't get too bogged down with all the rules. Mostly, start by imagining a character you'd really like to portray, and go from there.
As far as editions go, I prefer 4e to 3.5, but you can have a lot of fun with either. 3.5 has rules for a lot more situations than 4th. Whether that's a positive or negative depends on your viewpoint. I think it'd be easier to start with 4th ed, but hey, I learned from 2nd edition AD&D, which had a massive quiltwork of many different rules, using different approaches. And I had a blast.

Keld Denar
2008-12-01, 11:39 AM
That metaphor would be more useful if you explained what EM and DOTA are :smallbiggrin:

DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients) a mini-game within Warcraft3 where a player controls a single hero in (typically) 5 vs 5 player pvp combat. The hero gains levels, spells, and items in a similar manner to an RPG or MMORPG style game. The goal is to destroy your opponents "Ancient" (big tree or throne in base, depending on what side you are on) while "defending" your "ancient", hence the name. Its a great game with a VERY steep learning curve and a nearly fanatical following despite the fact that Warcraft3 is nearly 8.5 years old(ancient by video game standards).

EM or -EM is a command in DotA which stands for Easy Mode, a version which accelerates xp and gold gain, making for usually shorter, more intense games that rely on gear more than the more intricate strategies of a non-EM game. I'm thinking this is where Kiz drew the analagy. 4e simplifies and accelerates gameplay, which people who really enjoy the complexity and strategy of all aspects of the game tend to resent, much in the way that most veteran DotA players tend to resent the popularity of -EM games.

BTW, Kizara's location is a reference to DotA as well. When a program called Banlist is used, the host of the game can determine the relative location of all members of the game. All countries have a code (US, CA, etc). When you ping a single player, it returns a message that says "PersonX comes from the United States (US). Some people have used hack programs to spoof Banlist so that their location comes back as something like Ownageville (OV) or Leet Nation (LN).

and now back to your regularly scheuduled thread (can you tell I'm bored today?).

Kizara
2008-12-01, 07:21 PM
Nicely done, although you didn't bash EM enough really. It doesn't just "remove some aspects of strategy", it makes the game a joke.

Anyways, thanks and I'm glad SOMEONE finally got the BL referance...

RebelRogue
2008-12-01, 08:00 PM
Seriously, what's up with the 4th ed-bashing/pigeonholing? Let the guy decide for himself!

Keld Denar
2008-12-01, 08:09 PM
Nicely done, although you didn't bash EM enough really. It doesn't just "remove some aspects of strategy", it makes the game a joke.

I dunno, I'm usually pressed for time when I get online to play DotA, and usually only have time for 1-2 games. EM games get into the action a bit faster, and thus have a certain fun to em. Sometimes you don't want to wait until 10 min into the game to learn your ultimate.

That said, I play a lot of non-EM games too. I tend to play more EM games with AR (All Random) than AP (All Pick) or SD (Single Draft) or RD (Random Draft) because even if I get stuck with a hero who I'm only moderately proficient with, at least the game progresses quickly.

I've known you played DotA ever since you made a thread a couple years back looking for a good Antimage build. I told you to go 2 Bashers and a Hyper, and you told me you perfer 1 Basher and a Butterfly. Then we went back to talking about your D&D character.

And thats the last I'll derail this thread. Just had to touch on that one subject.

Oslecamo
2008-12-01, 08:15 PM

Anyways, thanks and I'm glad SOMEONE finally got the BL referance...

Well, I did learn how to play dota with EM, thank you very much, altough now I rarely play it, indeed.

Dark Herald
2008-12-01, 08:52 PM
I have a feeling death will be eminent if you do not find a real flesh and blood gamer. I can not stress the boredom that you will attain if you attempt to play your first game online.

In other news, my first DnD game was as a GM. both 3.5 and 4.0

So if you have friends, maybe buy some books (15$ used, 3 books to play for 3.5, $60 for Amazon.com for 4.0) and then read read read. The rules, especially 4.0, are easy to pickup. and besides, if you're playing with people that aren't total jerks, the time should be fun even if you miss a few rules your first session, or adventure, or campaign.

oh, you might also want a cutting board paritioned into 1 inch squares.

Thiel
2008-12-01, 08:58 PM
1) Realise that there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Seriously, this is important. It's more fun for all parties if you ask if you're in doubt.

2) Ask us

You've obviously already realised this, but it bears repeating. This board has members numbering in the tens of thousands, so no matter how odd, obscure or obvious your question is, we'll probably find an answer.

KKL
2008-12-01, 09:05 PM
You're a newbie to D&D, so I honestly recommend 4e over 3.5e as learning the game is by far easier, and with less material, buying the nessecary books won't severely damage your wallet. Of course, there are less than legal methods but I won't delve into them at all.

By the way, KKL was here, Kizara's opinion on 4e should be disregarded completely as his opinions are clouded by hate. And that leads to the Dark Side.

Seriously, what's up with the 4th ed-bashing/pigeonholing? Let the guy decide for himself!
Because editions are serious business.

RebelRogue
2008-12-01, 09:50 PM
Because editions are serious business.
I think we agree here: I was trying to point out, that biased comments are not a stylish thing to do when advising beginners.

KKL
2008-12-01, 10:10 PM
I think we agree here: I was trying to point out, that biased comments are not a stylish thing to do when advising beginners.

Hooray! We agree!

Raroy
2008-12-01, 10:23 PM
Join a game, any game, nearby (or an online game if none are nearby) and don't worry about knowing the rules in your first two or three sessions. Honestly, play first, learn the rules later (as they're less important than simply enjoying the game).

I reject this. Along with other comments of this nature. Learn the rules first, all of them, or else you'll be an idiot who is never invited back again.

PaladinBoy
2008-12-01, 10:38 PM
Well, you should learn the basics. You don't want to be the guy that doesn't know how to roll for attack or damage when told to do so.

That said, it is much more important to find some gamers and try to have fun. The exact level of rules literacy demanded will depend on the gamers, though. In my group, you wouldn't need to know more than basic character creation, adding up attack, damage, and AC modifiers, initiative, attack and damage rolls, and maybe basic spellcasting knowledge (it may sound like a lot, but it isn't that bad). Anything else will be either looked up or ignored. Some groups might want you to know more than that. I wouldn't worry about it. Just give it a try... if you end up with people who aren't willing to give you any leeway because you're new, then try to find others.

Good luck, and have fun!

RebelRogue
2008-12-01, 10:59 PM
I reject this. Along with other comments of this nature. Learn the rules first, all of them, or else you'll be an idiot who is never invited back again.
Playstyles differ, but in my opinion that sounds like a poor group! Make a character (or have a friend make one for you based on some basic guidelines), and have fun! It should be as simple as that!

KKL
2008-12-01, 11:32 PM

I find that learning the basics of the system and then finding an accomodating group so you learn as you go is far better, because information sticks easily when you learn while you do. At least that's my experience.

Raroy
2008-12-01, 11:34 PM
Playstyles differ, but in my opinion that sounds like a poor group! Make a character (or have a friend make one for you based on some basic guidelines), and have fun! It should be as simple as that!

Some people don't want to waste their time with someone who does not even know how the sleep spell works.

RebelRogue
2008-12-01, 11:39 PM
Some people don't want to waste their time with someone who does not even know how the sleep spell works.
Start with a Fighter character, then.

RPGuru1331
2008-12-01, 11:44 PM

Some people don't want to play with pompous folks who put themselves on pedestals, so I'd say that works out pretty good, don't it?

I'd say read through the Player's Handbook, for either edition. Don't worry about reading EVERY SINGLE POWER OR SPELL. Just read the rules, learn what sticks the first time, and read through powers, feats, or spells that interest you.

Keld Denar
2008-12-01, 11:53 PM
It takes both sides. Yea, if the player makes NO effort to learn the rules, then the group might be angry about it. Why should they have to put forth ALL the effort to teach this person the rules?

On the other side, they should be lenient on the new guy, point out some of the more obscure things, answer and questions he might have, and generally foster rules understanding.

Just with anything in life, no one is gonna do it all for you, but you are never alone.

Yukitsu
2008-12-01, 11:54 PM
Some people don't want to play with pompous folks who put themselves on pedestals, so I'd say that works out pretty good, don't it?

I'd say read through the Player's Handbook, for either edition. Don't worry about reading EVERY SINGLE POWER OR SPELL. Just read the rules, learn what sticks the first time, and read through powers, feats, or spells that interest you.

When the twit has been playing a year, and has been casting it for that year, you'd hope he'd know how fireball works, but alas.

Endless amusement, that guy.

acirruscloud
2008-12-02, 12:08 AM
I've played since 2nd Edition. I generally prefer melee characters such as fighters and rogues. I played and ran 3.5 Edition games, and I'll say this much: If you have any interest at all in playing a melee character, play 4th Edition. 3.5 is so boring for non-casters it's ridiculous.

Stupendous_Man
2008-12-02, 12:16 AM
Start with a Fighter character, then.

Bad idea; he'll have a harder and harder time contributing as the group levels up.

Knaight
2008-12-02, 12:24 AM
Does it have to be D&D, since thats usually not a great starting game, as you have to use a relatively complex ruleset at the same time as getting the hang of roleplaying and the social culture. So its nice to cut one of those out, and as far as I'm concerned the complex ruleset is the first to go. If you have the option play Fudge, Savage Worlds, Wushu, Paranoia, Etc.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-02, 12:27 AM
Well folks. After collaborating with a friend of mine IRL, I believe I have your answer.

The Introduction to DnD
I will explain with a song!

“Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you play you begin with P-H-B
P-H-B, P-H-B
The first three letters just happen to be
P-H-B, P-H-B

Now people, PHB, MM, and DMG
are only the tools we use to play DnD.
Once you have these rules in your head,
you can play a million different campaigns by mixing them up.

When you know the rules to play
You can play most any way!

Together now!

P . . . HB
D . . . MG
T . . . oB
S . . . RD
L . . . oM
X . . . PH
P . . . lH CAr
SaS ECS -- Du, UA, SpC!”
-Solo

Now that I’ve got that out of my system, I think we should begin discussing what DnD is about at the most fundamental level. Dungeons and Dragons is a co-operative game between a storyteller – the Dungeon Master – and the characters in his story – the Players. The goal is, obviously, to have fun by doing things impossible in real life, be they seducing bar wenches, slaying dragons, or raiding the gates of Hell.

Of course, having fun is subjective; you will find people who prefer to think of DnD as a wargame, or see it as a way to act out their characters through social encounters. All ways of playing are equally valid (within the bounds of the rules and common decency, of course); it’s just a matter of finding what you like and getting into a group that suits yourself.

People who prefer to use DnD as an acting tool are known as role-players (no, not that kind). These are the people who engage in conversations with NPCs instead of Fireballing them, act according to what their character would do instead of what the player would, and immerse themselves in the DM’s world. Fun times.

Power gamers seek to make the most mechanically efficient character possible within the limits allowed in the game. These are the people who can reliably save the party’s collective behinds when the Unexpected Surprise shows up.

Power gaming need not be at conflict with roleplaying and/or good behavior at the gaming table, as is often though to be the case. These are not mutually exclusive behaviors. Power gaming merely seeks to create a sound character; how this character acts is in the realm of roleplaying, while not outshining the rest of the adventuring party and etc is under the jurisdiction of good gaming manners.

There is a word for people who break the rules in order to come up with unnecessarily powerful characters: Munchkins. Don’t be a munchkin. The DM can beat your character in game and, thanks to the wonders of aluminum and fiberglass baseball bats, out of game as well.

Anyhow, the ideal player will have a workable, fun to play, productive, character, who gets along well with the rest of the party, the gaming group, and is conductive to fun for the whole party.

The most basic DnD game needs three elements; the Player’s Hand Book, the Dungeon Master’s Guide, and the Monster Manual. These make up the “core” game.

To quote Kamikasei’s post on the subject, without permission, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3068866&postcount=4

This lets you know the basic idea of how the game** works

Now, I shall talk about the eleven classes outlined in the Player’s Hand Book by linking to a post by Dausuul, again without permission.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3179625&postcount=44

There is also Falrin’s guide on your “first steps” in DnD, which I have deemed worthy of being linked to.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52924

In addition to the general advice, there are specific guides and handbooks to playing these classes. The best seem to exist on the Wizards of the Coast Character Optimization Board, but our own Giant in the Playground Boards do have a few gems.

The most famous is this Guide to Wizards by The Logic Ninja, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18500

Solo’s Sorcerer Guide takes the “Batman” concept, applies it to Sorcerers, and runs with it. Hilarity ensues. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74801

AKA_Bait's recent guide to DMing would fall under this category.: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76474

Non-indigenous guides:

WotC Campaign Smashers: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=587555
Just so you know.

The 3.5 ed Weapons Special Abilities thread: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=642656

DnD Archive Handy DM Links thread (Lots of handy links. For DMs!): http://www.dndarchive.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=124

The Dungeonomicon (Frank/K article):
http://bb.bbboy.net/thegamingden-vie...m=1&thread=698

For more, one can go to One Winged Angel’s regularly updated Handy Thread Compendium (Note: has not been has not been regularly updated) http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63565

**You have just lost the Game.

monty
2008-12-02, 12:30 AM
Well folks. After collaborating with a friend of mine IRL, I believe I have your answer.

The Introduction to DnD

P-H-B, P-H-B
P-H-B, P-H-B

Together now!

P . . . HB
D . . . MG
T . . . oB
S . . . RD
L . . . oM
X . . . PH
P . . . lH CAr
SaS ECS -- Du, UA, SpC!”
-Solo

Now that I’ve got that out of my system, I think we should begin discussing what DnD is about at the most fundamental level. Dungeons and Dragons is a co-operative game between a storyteller – the Dungeon Master – and the characters in his story – the Players. The goal is, obviously, to have fun by doing things impossible in real life, be they seducing bar wenches, slaying dragons, or raiding the gates of Hell.

Of course, having fun is subjective; you will find people who prefer to think of DnD as a wargame, or see it as a way to act out their characters through social encounters. All ways of playing are equally valid (within the bounds of the rules and common decency, of course); it’s just a matter of finding what you like and getting into a group that suits yourself.

People who prefer to use DnD as an acting tool are known as role-players (no, not that kind). These are the people who engage in conversations with NPCs instead of Fireballing them, act according to what their character would do instead of what the player would, and immerse themselves in the DM’s world. Fun times.

Power gamers seek to make the most mechanically efficient character possible within the limits allowed in the game. These are the people who can reliably save the party’s collective behinds when the Unexpected Surprise shows up.

Power gaming need not be at conflict with roleplaying and/or good behavior at the gaming table, as is often though to be the case. These are not mutually exclusive behaviors. Power gaming merely seeks to create a sound character; how this character acts is in the realm of roleplaying, while not outshining the rest of the adventuring party and etc is under the jurisdiction of good gaming manners.

There is a word for people who break the rules in order to come up with unnecessarily powerful characters: Munchkins. Don’t be a munchkin. The DM can beat your character in game and, thanks to the wonders of aluminum and fiberglass baseball bats, in game as well.

Anyhow, the ideal player will have a workable, fun to play, productive, character, who gets along well with the rest of the party, the gaming group, and is conductive to fun for the whole party.

The most basic DnD game needs three elements; the Player’s Hand Book, the Dungeon Master’s Guide, and the Monster Manual. These make up the “core” game.

To quote Kamikasei’s post on the subject, without permission, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3068866&postcount=4

Now, I shall talk about the eleven classes outlined in the Player’s Hand Book by linking to a post by Dausuul, again without permission.

There is also Falrin’s guide on your “first steps” in DnD, which I have deemed worthy of being linked to.

In addition to the general advice, there are specific guides and handbooks to playing these classes. The best seem to exist on the Wizards of the Coast Character Optimization Board, but our own Giant in the Playground Boards do have a few gems.

The most famous is this Guide to Wizards by The Logic Ninja, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18500

Solo’s Sorcerer Guide takes the “Batman” concept, applies it to Sorcerers, and runs with it. Hilarity ensues. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74801

AKA_Bait's recent guide to DMing would fall under this category.: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76474

Non-indigenous guides:

Just so you know.

The 3.5 ed Weapons Special Abilities thread: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=642656

DnD Archive Handy DM Links thread (Lots of handy links. For DMs!): http://www.dndarchive.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=124

For more, one can go to One Winged Angel’s regularly updated Handy Thread Compendium (Note: has not been has not been regularly updated) http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63565

You win.

Also,
I do not lose the Game. In fact, I created a new rule for it: whenever someone else loses, I win. I like my way better.

RebelRogue
2008-12-02, 12:33 AM
Bad idea; he'll have a harder and harder time contributing as the group levels up.
Fighter suckage is greatly exaggerated in here, especially at lower levels which a beginner game will hopefully be.

Edit: And who says this is 3.5 anyway?

Deth Muncher
2008-12-02, 12:35 AM
:smalltongue:
You win.

Also,
I do not lose the Game. In fact, I created a new rule for it: whenever someone else loses, I win. I like my way better.

Actually, a friend of mine invented just that: The Anti-Game. Any time you think about it, you Win! Also, if people around you lose The Game, you win The Anti-Game!

Stupendous_Man
2008-12-02, 12:38 AM
Fighter suckage is greatly exaggerated in here, especially at lower levels which a beginner game will hopefully be.

I started playing DnD with the cleric class. Wasn't to hard to pick up. Give him some credit, he'll probably be able to handle something that scales better in power and thus be able to, you know, keep his character around.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-02, 12:44 AM
This may be off-topic...but one of the hardest things for me to wrap my skull around at first was the difference between an ATTACK roll and a DAMAGE roll.

ATTACK = Whether you hit at all.
DAMAGE = How much you hurt when you do hit.

So something that grants a +20 to an attack roll won't necessarily win a fight faster.

Also, wearing armor doesn't reduce the damage you take. It makes you less likely to be hit. When you ARE hit, the armor doesn't do much good unless it has some sort of magic on it.

I'm sorry if I was rambling there or telling you stuff you already knew.

And why do you want to know...are you just trying to pick up a hobby or do you already know some people who have started a group?

Yukitsu
2008-12-02, 12:57 AM
I started playing DnD with the cleric class. Wasn't to hard to pick up. Give him some credit, he'll probably be able to handle something that scales better in power and thus be able to, you know, keep his character around.

Heh. My first characters were a warlock and a mystic theurge.

Stupendous_Man
2008-12-02, 02:19 AM

The Introduction to DnD

P-H-B, P-H-B
P-H-B, P-H-B

Together now!

P . . . HB
D . . . MG
T . . . oB
S . . . RD
L . . . oM
X . . . PH
P . . . lH CAr
SaS ECS -- Du, UA, SpC!”
-Solo

There is a word for people who break the rules in order to come up with unnecessarily powerful characters: Munchkins. Don’t be a munchkin. The DM can beat your character in game and, thanks to the wonders of aluminum and fiberglass baseball bats, out of game as well.

Non-indigenous guides:

Just so you know.

Kudos. That's quite some introduction.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-02, 09:04 PM
Kudos. That's quite some introduction.

Why thankya!