PDA

View Full Version : Was Mr. Scruffy Injured in the Fight?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-01, 08:46 AM
I noticed a red mark on his forhead in panel 4, but it was missing down at the bottom of the strip.

What rogue scored high enough to actually hit Mr. Scruffy, but doesn't hit hard enough to even slow down the Scruffinator?

Thufir
2008-12-01, 09:00 AM
Since, as you say, it's gone by the end of the strip, I suspect it was someone else's blood. There was quite a lot of it flying around.

Equester
2008-12-01, 09:27 AM
I think it's mr. Scruffy's eyebrows, so he looks mean after scratching the rogue on the stomach.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-01, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I think that's actually Mr. Scruffy's fearsome eyebrows. They're red for some reason.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-12-01, 09:38 AM
Yeah, the shape is the same as the usual "angry eyebrows" used in the strip. Especially in the way they float off the head. I suppose it's red to make it stand out, 'cause at Mr. Scruffy's scale, the black would blend in with the rest of his head's outline.

someonenonotyou
2008-12-01, 09:45 AM
it looks like a mad eyebrow thingy :smallfurious: but its red its to big to be a cut

Kaytara
2008-12-01, 09:50 AM
I think it's a mistake. The Giant must have been drawing the red-headed dude's hair and then switched to the eyebrows, but then forgot to switch colours. It's happened before.
Like here:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0599.html
Panel 3, the little curvy line near Durkon's head to indicate that he whips it around. Lines like that are usually light blue, but here it's the exact colour of Durkon's beard.

Fitzclowningham
2008-12-01, 11:55 AM
It could have been a mistake, or a purposeful change on the Giant's part. In past strips it was almost impossible to discern what Mr. Scruffy's eyebrows were expressing; changing their color to red, at least when he's angry, makes his expression much clearer, for me, at least.

Linkavitch
2008-12-01, 01:40 PM
It's his eyebrows. Like this: :mad:

tribble
2008-12-01, 02:09 PM
also, Mr. Scruffy is too small to ever be hit. therefore he is the new Memetic badass of OOTS.

Ogenki
2008-12-01, 02:44 PM
By this point, Mr. Scruffy is probably Belkar's animal companion (loyalty, tricks, higher intelligence, higher HD, etc.) so low level rogues hitting him would still barely scratch him.

kopout
2008-12-01, 05:48 PM
no, you can not linger the avatar of Cat

B.I.T.T.
2008-12-01, 06:04 PM
Clearly it's a miniscule red seagull flying that has suddenly appeared in that time frame as the direct result of Marty McFly's tampering with the time-space continum in Back to the Future 3. The tiny red sea bird is either flying directly towards or directly away from the cat in question. Either way it gets eaten immediately, so quick that Rich didn't even dedicate a panel to it.

newcresty
2008-12-01, 07:20 PM
OBVIOUSLY, belkar's character grows has increased hiw wisdom, alowing him to use scroll, such as healing ones, and as he never uses them before, he has a LOT of them with him. He just cured the scruffynator off-panel, we have seen Durkon doing that before, tottaly serious and not sarcasm o stupid theory at all.

Grognard
2008-12-02, 05:36 PM
No! The scruffinator is associated with belkar, so he is too awesome to die.

Istari
2008-12-02, 06:46 PM
No! Belkar is associated with the scruffinator , so he is too awesome to die.

Fixed it for you

Hydro Globus
2008-12-03, 12:13 PM
No! The scruffinator is associated with belkar, so he is too awesome to live.

Fixed it for you.