PDA

View Full Version : [TAVERN] Humanoid Feast of Carrion

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-12, 07:19 PM
Outside
You see before you a large tent with the colors of rotting flesh striping down the sides. There is a large banner above the opening that says “Humanoid Feast of Carrion” Many people of humanoid appearances are flocking into the tent. The Smell of cooked and rotting flesh mixes together and creates a rancid odor.
Inside
The smell develops and smells a lot worse than the outside. There are many curved tables, already set with sharp knifes and forks, and spoons. In the middle there are rotting dead bodies being chopped up and cooked, and there are also some normal foods, like Spaghetti, Sausage and Steak. People are crowding around the cooks area watching in amazement as they do what there doing. Some people are already seated eating there food. There is a thick smoke at the top of the tent, being let out slowly from a vent.

History
A long time ago, there was a war that waged for over 100 years between Guwardia and Lumbarg. After Guwardia won, the new king needed to do something with the bodies. So he made a large festival, and the main meals were the dead soldiers that were in the battles. Many people where appalled the first year, but the second year, they told them how, if they ate warriors, they would gain there prowess. That year all the bodies were consumed, and then it became a tradition. So now 8 moons after the first snow, they hold the festival until the next rain.

Carrion_Humanoid
Main Npcs:
Cooks
James Ears, Master Chef- Human, Expert 10
-Hd: 10d6-10
-Ability Scores
Str: 8
Dex: 12
Con: 8
Int: 15
Wis: 14
Cha: 18
-Skills
Profession(Cook)14
Profession(Grave robber)12
Profession(Doctor)12
Craft(Pottery)12
Craft(Metalworking)4
Survival:1
Perform(Cooking)10
Appraise:
Spot:
Listen:

A 6 foot tall male gracefully makes incisions in the corpse and takes out the meats and guts. He then cooks them masterfully, and flips them with a certain grace. He is Slender and has dirty blonde hair. He is really good looking, and the focus point seems to be in his eyes, which are blue.

John Gust, Chef- Human, commoner 8
-Hd: 8d4
Str: 12
Dex: 16
Con: 13
Int: 9
Wis: 9
Cha: 11
-Skills
Craft(Metalworking)
Profession(Cook)12
Listen
Spot

A 6 foot male tenderized the meat in front of him with his fists, and then he throws the meat over to James. He grabs another body, rips out the meat with his hands, and then does the same.

Waiters
Chris Bungee, Waiter-Human, Commoner 1
-Hd:
Str: 6
Dex:14
Con: 8
Int: 4
Wis: 4
Cha: 6
-Skills
Bluff: negitive20 Ranks
Diplomacy: 1

A 4 foot tall Male runs around, taking orders, and repeats them to the chefs. His hair is brown, and so are his eyes. He is skinny and you can almost perfectly see the bones he’s so skinny..

Carrion_Humanoid
James ears’ quests-
Graverobbing-Agh, we need some more bodies, can ye go ova to tha Graveyard and ig some more up fer me?(5 bodies)
Roll a D10 for reactions when digging
1-2: A zombie comes out of the grave
3-6: 4 Grave robbers(Level one rouges) Try and steal the loot
7-9: you find a dead body
10: Aristocrats Grave! A dead body plus 1d10 gold.

Agh, Tank ya’s eres 6 old fer ya troubles!(can keep repeating)

Waitering- Agh, Dam dat chris, can ye go and take some orders fer me?
(5 Orders)
Roll a D10 for the Language you must converse in
1-4: Common
5-7: Goblinoid
8-9: Draconian
10: Use one from PhB
Also take some food off the list

Agh, Tank ya, stupid chris is so azy! Eres 2 gold fer ye troubles!(can keep repeating)

John Gust’s quests-
Pounding- Hey I need ta rest, can ya pound this meat for me and then throw it over ta Ears?(15 rounds, or until the player misses)
Pound DC: DC 8 The Check is Strength based
Throw DC: DC 12 The Check is Dex based(Halflings throwing check is used in this too)

Thank ya much, here’s 3 gold for ya troubles.(can keep repeating)

Meals
1 copper- Blood: Cooked blood that is a side for most things. 1 oz
2 copper- Spiced Blood: Blood Cooked in a pot with some spices added for taste. 1 oz
2 copper- Muscle Meatball: Muscle that was grinded and rolled into a ball and then cooked. 4 Balls
2 copper- Flesh Spaghetti: peeled off flesh that is rolled into small strings and boiled. Tastes plain unless served with blood. 4 Pounds
4 copper-Intestine Sausages: Intestines swirled up and grilled. It tastes like a normal Sausage, but with more Zing. 1 spiral
Scrubbing bubbles
4 copper- Commoners Brain: a commoners brain. when consumed, the consumer gains 2 temporary intelligence for 72 hours.
6 copper- Split Heart: A heart that is Split apart and cooked, said to add the courage of the person it came from. If they believe the above, they feel more courageous, but nothing actually happens.
6 copper- Experts Brain: a experts brain. When consumed, the consumer gains 4 temporary intelligence for 72 hours.
100 platinum- Magic users Brain: a Magic users brain. When consumed, the consumer gains 6 Intelligence
100 platinum- Royals Brain: a Royals brain. When consumed, the consumer gains 4 Intelligence and 2 Charisma

Drinks
1 copper- Eye Juice: Juice from Squeezed eyeballs. 1 Pint
1 copper- Snot Juice: Juice from the nose. 1 Pint
Scrubbing bubbles
2 copper- Blood with Eye juice: a More liquid form of blood. 1 Pint

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-13, 12:54 PM
Okay, im all done. Critisism and Comments wanted!

The Glyphstone
2006-02-14, 06:53 AM
Well, cannibalism is D&D defined as an evil act, it's how a ghoul is created (when a humanoid acquires a taste for the flesh of other sentient humanoids). This could be very interesting if you emphasized the undead connection - make the staff all ghouls, who started their grisly business in life and didn't let death interfere with profits. The clientele would be primarily other undead, and savage humanoids/monsters not confined to societial restrictions.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-14, 05:10 PM
Well, in my campeign it is not a evil act, and i dont realy feal like re-writing the whole entire thing, because i based it of of my campeign.

The Glyphstone
2006-02-14, 07:44 PM
I see. You wouldn't really have to re-write anything - just change "human" to "ghoul" in the NPC description. But if it's campaign-specific...

Maybe add a disclaimer affecting to such? A perpetual "barbecue" of humanoid meat is a neat idea that I might find some use for as 'shock material' for my own campaigns, with the added undead content. I'd recommend including said disclaimer/variant, if only so that your entry attracts more votes in the general categories like Best Overall or Gorby's Choice (by applying for use to a wider audience, in settings where cannibalism isn't tolerated as such) - I'd say to improve "Wish I was There", but that's not very likely for this particular tavern, is it? ;D :D

Vaynor
2006-02-15, 02:26 AM
Scrubbing bubbles

OH G-D!

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-15, 08:17 AM
Yeah, Well when they get the bodies. They use the whole thing. Im going to add toys and suvineers, such as marbles and candles

The Glyphstone
2006-02-16, 07:19 AM
Hey, isn't this supposed to be a family friendly board?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-16, 07:38 PM
. . . Well i didnt accualy SAY anything wrong

Vaynor
2006-02-17, 02:20 AM
Inferation (sp?) is just as much as saying it. As long as the reader gets the comment...

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-03-14, 06:28 PM
Comrade Gorby: This entry was pushing it by concept to begin with; the portions I removed put it way out of bounds. DQ'd for violation of forum rules.