PDA

View Full Version : Uh, I've totally lost the thread of the story.

Cjilgott
2008-12-01, 10:47 AM
Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems sort of following along with what the story thread is? I've been reading OOTS since about the 7th strip, so I thought I would flip back there and start reading from strip 1 again and I was hit with "holy crap, I totally forgot that Durkon and V existed."

How long has Roy actually been dead now?

I'm confused.

RMS Oceanic
2008-12-01, 10:55 AM
I don't quite understand what you're talking about. We saw Vaarsuvius and Elan only 13 strips ago. Roy has been dead for anything between four and eight months, comic time.

CapnBludd
2008-12-01, 11:10 AM
? Durkon and V were seen last in 599, Durkons been mentioned a good few times since then and his picture has been on the wall in 603,605, 610 (Durkon is Base), and 611... lil hard to forget him. 8')

Roy has been dead about 7-8 months now I'd guess based on Kazumi's half a year of hemmarrhoids comment in 589.

Pepz
2008-12-01, 12:26 PM
Ray has been dead about 7-8 months now

you mean Ray's died as well as Roy? Next you'll be saying Hallie and Threkla have met Hailey and Therkla for an epic match as well :D

wonder if Roy met Ray in Celestia after all these years of confusing the two on the boards.

Linkavitch
2008-12-01, 01:39 PM
you mean Ray's died as well as Roy? Next you'll be saying Hallie and Threkla have met Hailey and Therkla for an epic match as well :D

wonder if Roy met Ray in Celestia after all these years of confusing the two on the boards.

Who's Hailey?:smile: But, it's still pretty simple, to answer the original question, right now, V is flying across the sea to find Haley and Belkar, who are trying to go somewhere other than Greysky City to resurrect Roy. Celia is with them. Durkon and Elan are also trying to get to Haley, Belkar, and Celia. (actually, they don't know that she's with them yet, I don't think.) They're just having more problems.

Fawkes
2008-12-01, 02:23 PM
It's a whole thing.

busterswd
2008-12-01, 03:29 PM
Quick summary:

After losing the battle to protect the Azure City gate, the surviving members were scattered into two parties. Haley and Belkar's party was trapped in the city and was stuck helping refugees for a few months. After a chance meeting with Celia, Haley realized they had to leave Azure City due to a Cloister spell if they ever intended to meet up with or at least contact Durkon, V, and Elan. While waiting for the effects of the Cloister spell to wear off, Haley has attempted to find a way to resurrect Roy. Due to a blunder by Celia, they have lost Roy's body and become involved a grudge battle with Haley's old guild.

Meanwhile, Durkon, V, and Elan have been dealing with the machinations of Kubota on top of attempting to find a place for Azure City's refugees to live. V recently left this group over frustrations that Durkon and Elan weren't pursuing the problem of rendezvousing with Haley efficiently.

Ceaon
2008-12-01, 03:29 PM
I'm afraid you are one of few, yes.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 05:28 PM
After a chance meeting with Celia...

Them summoning Celia is a chance meeting? :)

Flame of Anor
2008-12-01, 05:33 PM
Them summoning Celia is a chance meeting? :)

Yup, completely by chance. It was Tsukiko's Electric Orb that did the damage to the talisman and eventually broke it, not Haley's idea at all.

Cjilgott
2008-12-01, 05:56 PM
Quick summary:

After losing the battle to protect the Azure City gate, the surviving members were scattered into two parties. Haley and Belkar's party was trapped in the city and was stuck helping refugees for a few months. After a chance meeting with Celia, Haley realized they had to leave Azure City due to a Cloister spell if they ever intended to meet up with or at least contact Durkon, V, and Elan. While waiting for the effects of the Cloister spell to wear off, Haley has attempted to find a way to resurrect Roy. Due to a blunder by Celia, they have lost Roy's body and become involved a grudge battle with Haley's old guild.

Meanwhile, Durkon, V, and Elan have been dealing with the machinations of Kubota on top of attempting to find a place for Azure City's refugees to live. V recently left this group over frustrations that Durkon and Elan weren't pursuing the problem of rendezvousing with Haley efficiently.

Thanks for the brief run through, I wish I had more time to start from the beginning and read the entire strip through from finish to end (damn Miko), maybe at Christmas. So thanks for the refresher.

Morgan Wick
2008-12-01, 06:20 PM
I don't quite understand what you're talking about. We saw Vaarsuvius and Elan only 13 strips ago. Roy has been dead for anything between four and eight months, comic time.

? Durkon and V were seen last in 599, Durkons been mentioned a good few times since then and his picture has been on the wall in 603,605, 610 (Durkon is Base), and 611... lil hard to forget him. 8')

Blame the slow update schedule. #600 came out a month and a half ago.

Cjilgott
2008-12-01, 09:41 PM
Holy crap, I just realized Roy has been dead for 169 strips now, about 1 year and 7 months of real-world time.

TigerHunter
2008-12-01, 09:43 PM
You've been reading since comic #7 and you forgot that a third of the main characters existed?

Yeah, I think it's just you.

mikeejimbo
2008-12-01, 09:51 PM
you mean Ray's died as well as Roy?

Ray's dead.

*rimshot*

Nimrod's Son
2008-12-01, 10:34 PM
It's a whole thing.
I think this is my favourite post on these boards yet.

Warlord JK
2008-12-01, 10:49 PM

And then the quadruplets of Hallie, Hailey, Hialey, and Haley will have an epic battle between the Xykon Quadruplets.

Warlord JK
2008-12-01, 10:51 PM
Blame the slow update schedule. #600 came out a month and a half ago.

Has it really been that long since I stopped seeing 600 speculatipons?

Fawkes
2008-12-01, 11:29 PM
I think this is my favourite post on these boards yet.

What a coincidence, it's my favorite Belkar quote yet. :smallsmile:

Optimystik
2008-12-01, 11:53 PM
I'm confused.

I suggest you start here. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots.html)

Liwen
2008-12-02, 12:20 AM
It's a whole thing.

That comes from O'neill doesn't it?
Not sure. But I don't think I'm ready to rewatch every single Stargate episode just to make sure either.