PDA

View Full Version : To Kill a Goddess 4E IC

Mando Knight
2008-12-01, 12:51 PM
This is the IC thread for the game To Kill a Goddess.

OOC thread can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5397384)

Map incoming, need initiative rolls first.

Tiamat: 40, 35, 30, 25, 20

NecroRebel
2008-12-01, 02:02 PM
I'm eager to get started, myself :smallsmile:

[roll0] If our Warlord is within 10 squares, add another 2. If my initiative count and our Wizard's initiative count fall between the same pair of Tiamat's actions (as in, the order is Tiamat, me, wizard, Tiamat or similar), I will use Battle Awareness to gain another +10 unnamed bonus to initiative.

Belobog
2008-12-01, 02:20 PM
Using Seize the Moment to gain a +20 bonus to initiative.

[roll0]
Depending on what stupnick rolls, I may or may not be going first, but I'm going to beat Tiamat, I know that much.

Nahal
2008-12-01, 03:59 PM
[roll0]

Definitely not going first here, but will likely try to buff our damage, begin moving in to engage Tiamat and trigger my regen effect in the first round. Possibly while hurling abuse at her.

Gralamin
2008-12-01, 04:17 PM
Initiative, my down fall (Does not include the warlord bonus)
[roll0]

And Character sheet I'll leave here for convient reposting:
Slayer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=92620), Warforged Fighter (Battlerager Vigor), Dreadnought (MP 25), Undying Warrior (MP 157-158) Init +17 HP 260/260 Bloodied 130 Healing Surge 68 (0 used /20) AC 48 Fort 41 Reflex 37 Will 36 Speed 7 Str 26 (+23) Con 26 (+23) Dex 14 (+17) Int 12 (+16) Wis 14 (+17) Cha 10 (+15)

Crushing Surge (At-Will) Martial, Invigorating, Weapon +31 vs AC; 2d10+14 Damage. Gain 11 Temp HP (Stacks with other temp HP),
Inexorable Advance (Encounter, P) Invigorating, Martial, Weapon One or two creatures, you can shift 1 square before each attack, two attacks. +31 vs AC; 1d10+22 damage. If either hit, Gain 11 Temp HP (Stacks, but can be gained 1/turn),
Harrowing Hammer (Encounter, 23) Invigorating, Martial, Weapon, Reliable +31 vs AC; 4d10+22 damage, each enemy adjacent to target is marked. Gain 11 Temp HP (Stacks with other Temp HP),
Line-Breaker Assault (Daily, P) Martial, Reliable, Weapon +31 vs Fort; 3d1-+14 damage, and you slide the target to an adjacent space. The target is dazed (save ends). Effect: You gain resist 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn.,
Transfixing Provocation (Daily, 25) Martial, Weapon +31 vs AC; 6d10+14 damage. Miss: Half Damage Effect: target marked until end of the encounter, or until another mark supersedes this one and target grants CA to me.,
Undying Enmity (Utility, E) ENCOUNTER; Free action; Chose an enemy marking you or you marked. You roll an extra d20 for the next attack you make and choose which die to use as the attack roll (you cannot reroll any of these attack rolls). If you are bloodied when you use this power, roll two extra d20s instead of one. ,
Unyielding (Utility, 22) DAILY; Immediate Reaction when you are hit by an attack. You spend two healing surges and restore your hit points to their maximum value.,
Menacing Stance (Utility, 10) DAILY; Minor action; Until the stance ends, whenever an enemy marked by you makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target, that enemy grants combat advantage to your allies until the start of its next turn.,
Unstoppable (Utility, 2) DAILY; Minor Action: Gain 2d6+8 Temp HP,
Godplate of Sacrfice Power (At-Will): Minor Action. Use this power when you are adjacent to an ally who is subject to an effect that a save can end. The ally is no longer affected, and you now have the effect. You cannot make a saving throw against this effect until the end of your next turn. Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points as though he or she had spent a healing surge.,
Potion of Regeneration Power (Consumable ✦ Healing): Minor Action. Drink this potion and spend a healing surge. You do not gain hit points as normal. Instead, gain regeneration 15 until the end of the encounter. If you aren’t bloodied at the start of your turn while this power is in effect, you don’t regain any hit points and the regeneration is suppressed until the start of your next turn.,
Belt of Vitatlity Power (Daily ✦ Healing): No Action. Use this power when you make a death saving throw. Spend a healing surge.,
Ring of the Phoenix Power (Daily ✦ Fire): No Action. Use this power when you die or when you are dying. Your body burns away to ash. On the start of your next turn, you appear in a burst of flame within 5 squares of your last location with a number of hit points equal to your healing surge value.,
Iron Ring of The Dwarf Lords Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. You can use this power when you are hit by a power that has a pull, a push, or a slide effect. You negate the forced movement.,
Reaping Strike (At-Will) Martial, Weapon +31 vs AC; 2d10+14 damage. On a miss Deal 4 damage.,
Adamantine Strike (Encounter, 27) Martial, Weapon, Invigorating +31 vs Reflex; 4d10+14 damage and target takes -2 to AC until the start of my next turn. Gain 11 Temp HP.,
Boggling Smash (Encounter, 17) Martial, Weapon +31 vs AC; 3d10+22 damage, and target is dazed and takes -2 to attack rolls until the start of my next turn.,
Avalanche of Steel (Daily, 29) Invigorating, Martial, Weapon +31 vs AC; 8d10+14 damage, and I grant CA to all enemies. Gain 11 temp HP (Stacks), can be used on a charge.,
Strike of the Watchful Guard (Daily, 19) Martial, Weapon +31 vs AC; 4d10+14 damage. Effect: Until End of the encounter, I can make a melee basic attack against it the target (Free action) if I'm adjacent to it and it shifts or attacks one of my allies.,
Blood Iron (Utility, P) DAILY; Immediate Reaction; when I become Bloodied You gain resist 5 to all damage until the end of the encounter. ,
Bolstering Stride (Utility, 16) ENCOUNTER; Move Action Effect: You can move your speed, ending in a space adjacent to an ally. You then gain 2d8 + 8 temporary hit points.,
Settling the Score (Utility, 6) DAILY; Immediate Reaction when hit; +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the triggering enemy until the end of the encounter,
Warforged Resolve (Racial) Encounter; Minor Action; Gain 18 Temp HP, and make a saving throw against Ongoing damage. In addition, if you are bloodied, regain 18 HP.,
Void Crystal Warhammer Power (Daily ✦ Teleportation): Free Action. Use this power when you hit a creature with this weapon. The target disappears from the world until the start of your next turn, at which point the target reappears in an unoccupied space of your choice within 3 squares of you.,
Violet Solitaire Power (Encounter): Free Action. Use this power when you score a critical hit on your turn. Gain 1 action point, which you must spend before the end of your turn. This does not count against the normal limit of spending an action point no more than once per encounter.,
Battle Standard of the Stalwart Power (Encounter ✦ Zone): Standard Action. When you plant the battle standard in your space or an adjacent square, it creates a zone in a close burst 10. While within the zone, you and your allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses.,
Helm of Ghostly Defense Power (Encounter): Immediate Interrupt. You can use this power when you are hit by an attack. You become insubstantial until the start of your next turn.,
Sandals Of Avandra Power (At-Will): Move Action. Shift a number of squares equal to half your speed. Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Until the end of your next turn, your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks. Notes Fly 10 while mounted +10 HP, can spend 10 HP to immediately make a save. +20 HP from Brquoteh of Vitality +15 HP from Toughness Resist 10 Necrotic, Resist 15 Fire, Resist 10 to all attacks of Dragons Minor action to return to 1/2 hp when bloodied (Costs 1 HS) When you spend an action point to make an attack, you gain resist 10 to all damage until the start of your next turn. When you crit, gain Resistance to all damage 10 until the end of your next turn First time you crit in an encounter, regain one encounter power. When you crit with a melee attack, target takes -2 to attack rolls and defenses for the rest of the encounter (save ends)

Mando Knight
2008-12-01, 04:32 PM
For future reference:

When posting combat actions, state your name, defenses, and hp in a manner similar to this:

Orcus
HP 1525/1525 Surges: ?
AC 48, Fort 51, Reflex 46, Will 49
Immune disease, poison, necrotic; Resist 10 variable

When using a power, state the power name and (pretty please!) the book and page number that it's from, as well as the target and targeted Defense. I don't care if attack and damage rolls are put into spoilers or not.

If you can make an immediate reaction/interrupt or Attack of Opportunity, please post promptly. If I realize that I'll be provoking, I'll say so in my posts, stating who can theoretically do what. If the interrupting action prevents another action, any dice rolls for the prevented action will be discarded, and I'll post a new action in response, complete with dice rolls. If, however, an interrupted action is still viable, but the parameters change, (i.e. a Breath Weapon is used against a single character, and another character jumps in to attack Tiamat, thus placing himself in the blast as well...), the old attack/damage rolls will be used, and any extra parameters will be included in the response post. (i.e. extra attacks to cover the new targets in the blast)

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-01, 05:11 PM
Korvis
HP: 153/153 Surges: 9
AC: 41 Fort: 35 Ref: 43 Will: 44
Immune: Resistance:

Initiative roll (counting the +2 warlord bonus): [roll0]

If I don't get very high, I would advise anyone to stay near me. I will cast Mass Fly on my turn, and its only a close burst 5. I know Urth should be able to keep the dragon down more often than not, but better safe then sorry I say.

Mando Knight
2008-12-01, 05:54 PM
Current initiative:

Fathi 69 (heh. [/MindInGutter])
Urth 42
Korvis 41
Tiamat 40
Tiamat 35
Victor 32
Tiamat 30
Slayer 30
Tiamat 25
Tiamat 20

Please indicate whether or not your initiative rolls include the Warlord's bonus, so I don't have to check to see whether or not you included it by reverse-engineering your check modifier.

Jokes
2008-12-01, 08:28 PM
Angus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=93161), Windsoul Genasi Warlord, Dujun of Erathis, Eternal Defender
Init +21 HP 187/187 Bloodied 93 Healing Surge 46 (0 used /9)
AC 44 Fort 41 Reflex 39 Will 33 Speed 7
Resists- Fire:30 Cold:30 Acid: 5 Poison: 20 Lightning: 25 Else: 5
Rimefire Griffon: HP 186; Bloodied 93
AC 37; Fortitude 37, Reflex 33, Will 32
Resist 10 cold, 10 fire, 30 all (barding)
Speed 5, fly 10,

Power: Quickening Order
No Action: Close burst 10: All allies in range get a +9 power bonus to initiative, and have a +9 bonus to attack and damage rolls for the first round. This power overrides my normal +2 to initiative, so those that took that into account, only add +7 to your roll.

Note: I am wearing a Helm of Battle, so allies in 5 squares get a +2 item bonus to initiative.

[roll0] (all modifiers accounted for edit: whoops, accounted for the helm twice, so should be 46)

It doesn't look like I'll need to use Decisive Timing for this one.

Mando Knight
2008-12-01, 08:55 PM
Current initiative:

Fathi 76
Urth 49
Korvis 48
Angus (beef) 46
Tiamat 40
Victor 39
Slayer 37
Tiamat 35
Tiamat 30
Tiamat 25
Tiamat 20

Still need to roll initiative:
frogman55 (Arko)
bue52 (Donaar)
Stupnick (Complicated Elf Name)

As it stands, everyone decides what to do, then Tiamat acts. A lot.

bue52
2008-12-02, 08:11 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

If possible, I'd like to find a place a corner where I can maximise the Hallowed ground power, I think it'd be nice to have a "sanctuary" for the team.

Mando Knight
2008-12-02, 08:56 AM
Current initiative:

Fathi 76
Urth 49
Korvis 48
Donaar 47
Angus (beef) 46
Tiamat 40
Victor 39
Slayer 37
Tiamat 35
Tiamat 30
Tiamat 25
Tiamat 20

frogman55 (Arko)
Stupnick (Complicated Elf Name)

Gralamin
2008-12-02, 03:02 PM
Slayer
HP 260/260 surges: 20
AC 48 Fort 41 Reflex 37 Will 36
Resist 10 Necrotic, 15 Fire, 10 to all attacks of Dragons

I'll attempt to close with Tiamat on my first turn (10 squares of flying movement), attempting to flank if possible. Using my Minor action to chug a potion of regeneration (Giving me regeneration 15 for the encounter while I'm bloodied, costs 1 Surge) If I close I attack with Boggling Smash

Boggling Smash (Encounter, 17) Martial, Weapon
+31 vs AC; 3d10+22 damage, and target is dazed and takes -2 to attack rolls until the start of my next turn.
(Rolls if action is confirmed as possible)

Otherwise, I enter Menacing Stance

Menacing Stance (Utility, 10) DAILY; Minor action; Until the stance ends, whenever an enemy marked by you makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target, that enemy grants combat advantage to your allies until the start of its next turn.

frogman55
2008-12-02, 07:04 PM
Arko, AC 45, Fort 40, Reflex 44, Will 40
HP 173

Init roll: [roll0]

Did not include warlord's bonus.
Sorry it took me so long.

Mando Knight
2008-12-02, 07:23 PM
Current initiative:

Fathi 76
Arko 50
Urth 49
Korvis 48
Donaar 47
Angus 46
Tiamat 40
Victor 39
Slayer 37
Tiamat 35
Tiamat 30
Tiamat 25
Tiamat 20

Stupnick (Fiar'le'in ...yay copy/paste!)

stupnick
2008-12-02, 07:24 PM
Fiar'le'in
HP: 173/173 Surges: 9
AC: 43 Fort: 39 Ref: 46 Will: 36
Resistance: Poison 5
Effects: Concealment

Sorry about posting delay.

Initiative Roll [roll0]

+32 Base
+20 Sieze the Day
+9 Warlord

Mando Knight
2008-12-02, 07:44 PM
Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

As the heroes gather to set up their ambush, a portal opens in the ground some 300 feet away. Out of it flies two winged Dragonborn, barely visible at this distance, one white as snow with ocean blue armor; the other forest green, wearing midnight-black armor. Following them is a dark dragon, easily a hundred feet long. If one were closer, he would see that its scales were in fact a shade of dark red, akin to fully oxygenated blood. Finally, a smaller dragon flies through, just before the portal closes. This one bears necks and heads the colors of the rainbow, mounted on a dark body. Although far away, your years of experience allows you to hear the roaring of the dragons clearly, the dark red one speaks in Draconic, the multicolored one speaks in a tongue that is understood by all who hear it, each in their native tongue.

<<My Lady, there is the treasure! The long lost Spelljammer which carries the precious gems and great works stolen from me a millenium ago. Those puny fleshlings in front of it were fools to make its position known, even here in the realm of your hated Brother. Let me kill them for you, My Lady, that you might not soil your claws on their pathetic hides.>>

"NO! They have dared to defy me long enough. I shall destroy them myself. Do not worry for me, dear lover. Not even my Brother has been able to kill me. I doubt these pathetic mortals shall fare any better. I shall call you if I require your assistance."

With that, the larger dragon and its minions back off a pace, and the smaller one, obviously your quarry, the dreaded Dragon Queen Tiamat, begins to look your way.

INTITIATIVE: Fathi!

(About 30 feet (~6 squares) behind you is an Illithid Spelljammer, lost a millenium ago in the Astral Sea. Its treasures are of legend, and were untouched by you and your comrades in order to more fully entice the Queen of Greed, but has an estimated worth of several billion gp, divided among long-lost artifacts, precious works of art, Astral Diamonds, eldritch tomes, and other priceless items... Three hundred feet (~60 squares) in front of you is Tiamat, and several squares behind her is her current consort, and his Dragonborn Champion followers. In every other dimension lies nothing but empty space, as it is an infinite plane provided by Bahamut for this very purpose.)

frogman55
2008-12-03, 01:33 AM
Because I probably won't be around when when my initiative comes up, and so nobody has to wait for me, I'm rolling up my turn now:
In silence, Arko carefully notes details about the dragon, and makes his preparations. As he does this, his image begins to shimmer, and he suddenly appears as though he is in more places than one.

Minor action: Designate Tiamat as Quarry.
Minor action: Master of the Hunt (Stance, add damage bonus equal to wisdom mod, updating char sheet to reflect it.)
Minor Action: Activate Displacer armor (A ranged or melee attack must make two rolls against his defense, must use the lower of the two rolls).

ooc: At Mando Knight: I know it's late, but I just realized that my ranger can actually move faster than his mount. Is it too late to ditch the fly and replace mounted combat with another heroic tier feat? (Would probably take precise hunter instead)

Belobog
2008-12-03, 04:40 AM
Fathi
HP: 164/164|Surges: 8/8
AC: 44|Fort: 41|Ref: 43|Will: 35
Resistances: 15 (Dragon Breath)
Effects: None to speak of.

The cloth swaddled statue that was the killer Fathi stirred. Its prey had arrived. A many-headed devil, whose speech is made with all forked tongues. Fathi had not slayed a true god before. Not one worthy of the title. It wondered if the experience would be as pleasant as the others. For a moment, in the space between stillness and action, it had hope.

The hide-swaddled bugbear takes a few stiff steps before it disappears, reappearing on the back on the beast in question. The face carved into its morning star howls when the rogue raises it, recognizing the enemy as its reason to exist. Fathi brings the weapon crashing down on the Dragon Queen's wing, hoping to send her sprawling to the ground.

[Move Action: Use Boots of the infinite Stride to teleport onto the back of Tiamat.*
Minor Action: Use Dragonslayer Morningstar's Daily Power to gain a +5 power bonus to attack this turn.
Standard Action: Use Felling Gash.

Attack: [roll0] versus Reflex Defense.
Damage: [roll1] damage.
Sneak Attack: [roll2] damage added.

*I didn't get confirmation about this when I asked about it; if I can't do this, just say so, and I retake my action.

If this does go through, I kind of expect to die.]

Belobog
2008-12-03, 04:42 AM
(OOC: And I mess up rolling sneak Attack. Wonderful.

Actual Sneak Attack: [roll0] damage added.)

stupnick
2008-12-03, 11:20 AM
Fiar'le'in
HP: 173/173 Surges: 9
AC: 43 Fort: 39 Ref: 46 Will: 36
Resistance: Poison 5
Effects: Concealment

Holding action (planning on acting when Angus give the buff out.)

OOC:
Belobog don't forget you get +9 attack/damage for the first round from Angus's pre-init buff.

NecroRebel
2008-12-03, 12:58 PM
Urth
HP: 209/209 Surges: 16/16 Surge Value: 60
AC 44 Fort 41 Ref 35 Will 37
Speed 5 (7 fly; fall at end of turn)
Daily Item Triggers: 3/3
Reach 3
Resist 5 all

Actions:
(After initiative was rolled, used daily utility 6 power Battle Awareness (PHB80) to give +10 unnamed initiative, already taken into account)

Minor:
Drink Elixer of Speed (AV187), granting +2 power to speed.

Standard:
Drink Astral Mead (AV191), granting +2 power to Endurance and +2 unnamed Surge Value

Move:
Downgrade to minor, trigger Reaching Stance (MP31) paragon daily utility power.
Effect: Until the stance ends, you can make opportunity
attacks against enemies within your weapon’s reach.

Mando Knight
2008-12-03, 04:04 PM
(sorry for not responding sooner... GiantitP's been acting up for me lately...)

Fathi, I'm not going to let you warp behind her, she's blocking the view. However, you can teleport right in front of her for the exact same effect.

The bugbear warps right before the mighty goddess, catching her off guard. Due to the bonuses provided by your Friendly Neighborhood Warlord-Man, Fathi manages to slam his deadly weapon into Tiamat's Red skull (total damage 68), and falls safely to the ground... using Tiamat's head to break his fall. While this would knock any normal being to the ground, Tiamat isn't likely going to stay down.

(Save vs. being knocked prone) [roll0]
(Save vs. initial Stun) [roll1]

(Fathi, don't forget that your enhancement bonus also applies to attack rolls... your character sheet seems to neglect this.)

Surprisingly, Tiamat was unable to stay aloft... but a quick thought from her other heads keeps the red one fresh and feisty.

Preliminary map, PCs are on the left in their chosen colors, with Slayer's placeholder color being pink and Victor's yellow. Fathi is directly in front of Tiamat (big red square with a T), and behind Tiamat are the Ancient Red (big dark red square with a D), and the Dragonborn Champions (squares with a diagonal line).
http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap.jpg

Initiative:Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Arko|Delay

Korvis's turn!

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-03, 07:02 PM
(Your not the only one Mando, GitP has been really slow as of late for me, sometimes not even responding)

Korvis - Wizard
AC: 43 Fort: 37 Ref: 45 Will: 46
Status Effects: Blur (+2 defenses) 8 Fly speed

Korvis reaches into his robe pocket and produces a large glass orb, its contents a vortex of swirling mist. His eyes stare into the Orb briefly, showing the reflection of a man whose old age has started to become a problem. Even through near immortalization, death was catching up. Hopefully this last adventure will be quite the success.

With a quick utterance the orb shines dimly and the mages appearance becomes distorted. You find that its really quite hard to see him, even up close, as his form shifts and blurs, blending into the background. Barely visible, Korvis then proceeds to cast another spell quickly, causing the orb to once again flash briefly as the party is engulfed in a white light, removing mans bond to the earth. He then flys off away from the party, disappearing completely in the distance.

Minor action: Cast Blur. Gives a +2 power bonus to all defenses and causes Korvis to become invisible to anyone not within 5 squares of him.

Standard action: Casts Mass Fly. Everyone within 5 squares (everyone but Fathi I believe) gains a fly speed of 8 until the end of Korvis' next turn (unless I sustain minor, which I will).

Move action: Fly's south and east as far as possible (within 8 squares, hugging the wall), but touches down when the movement ends.

Mando Knight
2008-12-03, 08:28 PM
Like this?
http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-1.jpg

...Remember, you're on the surface of an infinite plane. "As far South as Possible" is... impossible... other than 8 squares straight south...

Alrighty... I'd like to implement a coordinate system, if you will...
The origin point (0,0) is the lower-left corner of the SpellJammer's area, so Arko is currently at (5,-1), and Tiamat's center is located at (70,4).

...also, Final Boss Theme! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzK-OjlwwI)

Belobog
2008-12-04, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Mando Knight;5410639(Fathi, don't forget that your enhancement bonus also applies to attack rolls... your character sheet seems to neglect this.)[/QUOTE]

(OOC: Unfortunately, his +31 to attack does include the morningstar's enhancement bonus. If you see something that I'm missing, though, feel free to point that out.

Also, she takes -2 to all saves from No Respite, which is active whenever he is within 5 squares of her or any enemy (I'm lacking MP at the moment, so if someone could check that, I'd appreciate it).

Another thing; Felling Gash is Rattling, meaning she takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of her next turn (I'm assuming this only Ms. Red Head, for now.) She probably needs to roll a save against that, too...)

Mando Knight
2008-12-04, 01:12 PM
Also, she takes -2 to all saves from No Respite, which is active whenever he is within 5 squares of her or any enemy (I'm lacking MP at the moment, so if someone could check that, I'd appreciate it).)

Here, I'll boost it up to a -8 penalty because I totally didn't expect it...

...Oops, it changed nothing! :smalltongue:

It is, however, only against adjacent enemies, which fortunately for you, she was/is.

...somehow, I thought that your attack bonus was higher... guess that just means that the Warlord will have to pump out more bonuses. Have to give you credit for audacity, though... leaping nearly 300' away from your support in order to attack That Which Man Was Not Meant To Poke takes some guts...

Belobog
2008-12-04, 02:21 PM
Here, I'll boost it up to a -8 penalty because I totally didn't expect it...

...Oops, it changed nothing! :smalltongue:

It is, however, only against adjacent enemies, which fortunately for you, she was/is.

...somehow, I thought that your attack bonus was higher... guess that just means that the Warlord will have to pump out more bonuses. Have to give you credit for audacity, though... leaping nearly 300' away from your support in order to attack That Which Man Was Not Meant To Poke takes some guts...

(It's more of a reference thing. Who knows, it might make some difference on future ones.

And yeah, gonna hope that there's proof in advertising, or else Fathi will be an Ex-Godhunter. :smalltongue:)

Mando Knight
2008-12-05, 05:03 PM
Initiative:Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Arko|Delay

Donaar's turn!

bue52
2008-12-05, 08:53 PM
OOC: Oh Man I wish I can actually attack Tiamat, however, none of my attacks can reach her, so now....... I'll just do what I can.:smallfrown:

Move Action: Move in front of the group (3 squares in front of the "Mr. Brown" (Sorry, can't remember who it is at the moment.)
Standard Action: Cast Hallowed Ground (Close burst of 5 squares)

Mando Knight
2008-12-06, 11:31 AM
Alright... map incoming! Brace for impact!
http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-2.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey
Tiamat|See that red thing with a T? Yeah.
Spelljammer|It's obvious, ain't it? (is a wall)
Hallowed Ground|Yellow outline[/table]

Initiative:{table=head]Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Arko|Delay[/Table]

Angus's turn!

Jokes
2008-12-07, 04:27 AM
Angus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=93161), Windsoul Genasi Warlord, Dujun of Erathis, Eternal Defender
Init +21 HP 187/187 Bloodied 93 Healing Surge 46 (0 used /9)
AC 44 Fort 41 Reflex 39 Will 33 Speed 7
Resists- Fire:30 Cold:30 Acid: 5 Poison: 20 Lightning: 25 Else: 5
Rimefire Griffon: HP 186; Bloodied 93
AC 37; Fortitude 37, Reflex 33, Will 32
Resist 10 cold, 10 fire, 30 all (barding)
Speed 5, fly 10,

Delay until first head has acted. Might delay further after that.

Minor Action: Perfect Front (Myself and 1 ally, lets say Slayer, can roll twice for attack rolls as long as we are in two squares of each other.)

Move: Drink a potion of Resistance (Acid)

Triggered Action: Stir the Hornets Nest if Tiamat comes into range.

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 10:54 AM
All right...
Nothing's changed with the map since last time...
I forgot that Arko wasn't really delaying (listed his movements before, and they're all minor actions)... so I'm putting him back on the list where he was.

Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

Uh-oh.

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Tiamat!
Tiamat!

As Fathi braces himself for Tiamat's counterattack, his target vanishes from sight. "Over here, mortal!" She laughs menacingly as she appears... from behind! She's back in the air, using her divine teleportation powers to make the fight take flight... again. (nothing in the rules say she can't do that...)

Tiamat's position: (64, 8, 2)
She burns an action point to gain an extra standard action...

To bite the 'bear that bugs her.
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC--EPIC PHAIL! ...yes, she hits on absurdly low rolls... but 1 ain't one of them.
Damage: [roll1] fire damage, Fathi loses [roll2] healing surges.

...also, Fathi, don't forget that you took 25 points of firey-lightningy-poisoned-acidic-frostbite damage from entering her Aura...

Let's do the map thing again!
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-3.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey
Hallowed Ground|Yellow outline
10-square x-coordinate marker|Pink x
5-square y-coordinate marker|green x[/table]

...and next up is Victor.

Nahal
2008-12-07, 05:31 PM
Victor Kerensky

Paladin HP: 212
Total damage taken (before resistance and regen): 0
Paladin Status: Ready for battle

Power stirs the in the air as Victor draws upon a mixture of strength gifted to him by the Stormlord and his own latent divinity. Not one to waste words, his prayer is short and to the point:

Hear me, Kord, as I begin this final task you have set before me. I ask a blessing upon myself and my comrades that we might bring down this dark beast your name: may our blades and arrows strike swift and true, may our foes cower before our might, and may those who fall be honored as they deserve. In your name, I strike at the wyrm. Amen.

After he finishes, those within 5 squares of Victor (i.e. everyone but Fathi and Korvis) hear a faint peal of thunder, as if from far off.

Victor seems to concentrate for a moment. Nothing visible happens. He then takes his axe and draws a small cut down his cheek. Rather than bleed, silvery light seems to shine out of the scratched area for an instant before sealing itself unbroken. Victor smiles and moves to the edge of the consecrated ground.

Crunch, in order:
Standard action: Casting Wrath of the Gods - Victor and all allies within close burst 5 gain +4 to damage until the end of the encounter (adjusting in character sheet).
Minor Action: Triggering Divine Recovery - Victor regenerates 28hp per round until the end of the encounter
Move action: moving 8 squares to the edge of the Consecrated zone.

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 06:15 PM
Initiativeness:
Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

Slayer!

Maposity:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-4.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey
5-square y-coordinate marker|green x[/table]

Fathi, be glad the Ancient Red isn't fighting right now. After Slayer moves, Tiamat gets 5 standard actions... and you're the closest thing to splat.

Gralamin
2008-12-08, 03:35 PM
Slayer
HP 260/260 surges: 20

I'll attempt to close with Tiamat on my first turn (10 squares of flying movement), attempting to flank if possible. Using my Minor action to chug a potion of regeneration (Giving me regeneration 15 for the encounter while I'm bloodied, costs 1 Surge)

I enter Menacing Stance

I had everything planned out in advance :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2008-12-08, 04:25 PM
Alright... that means...
It's Tiamat time!

She continues to assault her lone foe... starting with a freezing bite from her white head, then a burst of putrid gases from her black one, then an electrifying jab from her blue one...

White head's attack: Bite
[roll0] vs. AC; [roll1] cold damage

Black head's attack: Vitriolic Spray
[roll2] vs. Reflex; [roll3] acid damage and blinded (save ends) on hit, half damage and no blinding on a miss (not a breath weapon)

Blue head's attack: Gore
[roll4] vs. AC; [roll]2d8+12[roll] normal damage, [roll5] lightning damage, and Fathi is pushed three squares towards the Red Dragon and knocked prone.

Finally, she gazes into Fathi's eyes... and his vision becomes blurred, and colors reverse. Her voice hangs tauntingly within his head... "You cannot win, mortal. Join me. Join me, and I may have mercy upon your poor, worthless soul. Join me, and you shall have all the targets you could ever hope to hunt."

Green head's attack: Dominating Gaze

[roll6] vs. Will, +2 to Fathi's defense if the Gore attack hits due to being prone; Dominates (save ends).

Name|Init
Fathi|76
Fiar'le'in|74
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

It'll be Fathi's turn next...

Map: (before Tiamat's attacks)
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-5.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey
5-square y-coordinate marker|green x
Tiamat's Aura|Purple border
Red Dragon's Aura|Red border[/table]

Mando Knight
2008-12-08, 04:30 PM
Double-Post!

...so, Fathi's been Dominated unless he pulls out his once-a-day Godhunter ability to ignore an attack...

...and I messed up the damage roll on the Blue head's gore... so here it is again. (This damage is in addition to the 2d8 lightning damage that happened to be a 16.) [roll0]

Now... time for Fathi's turn. (He takes 25 many-elemental damage by being in Tiamat's aura.) Belobog hasn't responded, despite the fact that it's more than two days later. Thus, Fathi, blind, dominated, and bleeding, will crawl away... into the Red Dragon's aura. He takes 20 fire damage, which he has no resistance to, and falls unconscious. He is no longer blind, nor is he dominated. He's still prone, though. To avoid a triple-post, I'll post the death saving throw (heretofore referred to as the DST... wait, maybe not.) after Fiar'le'in's turn.

stupnick
2008-12-11, 10:22 AM
Fiar'le'in

Knowing the dragon is well out of his reach, and not wanting to have happen to him what happened to the bugbear, Fiar'le'in holds his action for a better time to act.

Mando Knight
2008-12-11, 10:28 AM
Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay
Arko's turn!

Map:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-6.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

frogman55
2008-12-11, 10:49 PM
Arko, moved north and a little west--to the very Northwest corner of the zone, and lets fly 2 arrows, even as he activates his regenerative gauntlets.

Twin Strike:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Trollhide Bracers: Gain regeneration 5 until the end of the encounter or until you are lowered to 0 hp or fewer, if you take acid or fire damage, the regeneration is supressed until the end of your next turn.

Mando Knight
2008-12-11, 11:13 PM
Arko, moved north and a little west--to the very Northwest corner of the zone, and lets fly 2 arrows, even as he activates his regenerative gauntlets.

Do you mean a little east?

Arko's strikes, though aimed quite well for the hundreds of feet that he's attacking, and would cause any other foe to stagger, merely burns up in Tiamat's raging aura.

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay
Urth's turn...

Map:
(assuming that the direction of movement given is wrong, and the final destination is correct...)
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-7.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Mando Knight
2008-12-11, 11:17 PM
AUGH! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brown)
I keep forgetting to roll the death saving throws!

[roll0]

17, huh? No change.

NecroRebel
2008-12-12, 12:24 AM
Blasted fool. At least he bought us some more time to prepare.

Urth
HP: 209/209 Surges: 16/16 Surge Value: 62
Speed 7 (9 fly; fall at end of turn)
Daily Item Triggers: 2/3
Reach 3
Resist 5 all
Makes Opportunity Attacks anywhere within reach (Reaching Stance)

Actions:
Minor:
Drink Potion of Regeneration 2 (AV188), spending a healing surge and gaining regeneration 10 while bloodied.

Move:
Downgrade to minor, use Giant's Might (FRPG33), increasing size to Large (increases space to 2x2), reach by 1, and granting +5 power to Strength checks, +2 power to melee attacks, and +5 power to melee damage.

Standard:
Ready an action: If Tiamat comes within 12 squares of me, I will charge her, moving as close as I can on the charge (9 squares total). This includes if she ever happens to be airborn within 12 squares of me, since I can fly up to strike her if need be.

Altered stats:
Size: Large
Reach: 4
+5 power strength checks, +2 power melee attacks, +5 power melee damage

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-12, 12:45 AM
Korvis - Wizard
Status Effects: Blur (+2 defenses) 8 Fly speed, Resistance 10 to all

The mage grimaces, and though he wishes he could save his friend, he knows it not to be very possible.

The very sight of the dragons fury, and the elemental vortex surrounding the beast uneases him, even with his invisibility. He takes a quick moment to sustain the power of flight before looking closer into the orb, chanting, giving his already blurred body substantial protection. He will need it for the strain he will put his body through soon enough. He then fly's and touches down on the edge of the holy radius

Minor action: Sustain Mass Fly
Standard: Cast Stoneskin on self
Move: Moves to the very west-most/south-most corner of the hallowed ground

Mando Knight
2008-12-12, 03:49 PM
Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Donaar's turn...

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-8.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

bue52
2008-12-15, 11:20 AM
I move 7 spaces forward and ready an action to cast Sacred flame, and I give the temporary HP to Fathi, if he is still alive that is.

Mando Knight
2008-12-15, 11:32 AM
Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Angus|46
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Angus! You're up! Make this good... Tiamat's next!

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-9.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Jokes
2008-12-15, 08:08 PM
[Delay until I'm after Slayer]

Mando Knight
2008-12-15, 08:32 PM
Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Tiamat!

Seeing that the bugbear is taken care of, Tiamat turns to focus on the rest of her opponents, flying in with astonishing speed.

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-10.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Viiiiktor! Iiit iis hyor turn!

Nahal
2008-12-15, 09:38 PM
Victor

Paladin HP: 212/212
Total damage taken (before resistance and regen): 0
Paladin Status: Ready for battle, slightly annoyed.

Upon seeing the unfortunate and sobering end to Fathi's efforts, Victor's grin fades for a moment. Accursed fool, he mutters, had he waited, his blade would have been useful.

Tiamat's charge towards them returns the grin to his face. She's quicker than one would expect, he thinks to himself. I wonder if her hide is as tough as the legends say.

When he speaks next, his voice carries unnaturally well. His booming challenge carries to all on the plane:

Come and get it dragon b____! My axe will taste your heartsblood! Judging the distance the dragon moved, he shifts backward with surprising agility and keeps his eyes firmly on the onrushing beast.

Hokay, so combat actions in order:

Standard: Intimidate check (for funsies! Or to make her focus on Victor and ignore the other party members) [roll0]

Minor: Divine Challenge (if allowed at this distance) on Tiamat

Move: Shift 4 squares straight back (courtesy of Sandals of Avandra)

Edit: Wow, actually that's probably the best place to roll a nat 1 in the whole encounter. So does she ignore me entirely as a result?

Mando Knight
2008-12-15, 09:47 PM
Victor's divinely granted ability to shut down enemy offense is ineffective... the radiant mark fades just past Donaar's reach. Tiamat watches the paladin and laughs. "What's that, fool? I can't hear you!"

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

(Slayer's turn)

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-11.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Gralamin
2008-12-17, 01:15 PM
Slayer
HP 260/260 Regen 15 while bloodied surges: 19

Slayer flies up to meet Tiamat, Warhammer at the ready. "I was created to survive and destroy. You will not be able to destroy me goddess."

Minor action to activate Unstoppable for some temp hp
[roll0]

Move action to reach the same altitude as Tiamat (Mount with fly speed 10... I assume Tiamat isn't all that far above.)

Standard: Ready an action to Crushing Surge her if she approaches

Mando Knight
2008-12-17, 01:47 PM
Tiamat looks at the mounted Warforged with amusement and laughs. "We'll see, mortal. We'll see."

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Jokes... you said that Angus would delay until after Slayer, right? Well, it's after Slayer!

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-12.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey
(Notice: Due to Christmas break starting tomorrow for me, I may or may not be able to post after noon (local... 1800 GMT) tomorrow.)

Belobog
2008-12-18, 12:35 AM
[Sorry about not posting. An ice storm knocked out half the state I live in, and I happened to live in that half.

I'll be watching, so I'll be ready to jump back in if someone gets me back on my feet.]

Mando Knight
2008-12-18, 12:43 AM
[Sorry about not posting. An ice storm knocked out half the state I live in, and I happened to live in that half.

I'll be watching, so I'll be ready to jump back in if someone gets me back on my feet.]

So that's what happened. Well, perhaps you'll get lucky on your Death Saving Throw before the Red Dragon's aura fries you...

Nahal
2008-12-18, 01:00 AM
Or we could see some direct divine intervention from Bahamut out of pity :smallbiggrin:

Jokes
2008-12-18, 11:05 PM
"He couldn't have waited a few more seconds?" Angus digs his heels into his mounts side. "Hya!"

I know I'm going to end up regretting this...

Move: Double move to one square directly behind Slayer (not adjacent, one square between us). Slayer can roll twice for his attacks.
Minor: Pray to Bahamut...

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 10:47 AM
The White head having already activated, the Green one flies in front of Slayer, blasting him, Angus, and their mounts with the deadly chromatic power of her aura. (Angus, Slayer, and their mounts take 25 acid/cold/fire/lightning/poison damage.) As the Squeedlies battle the Meedlies, the only thing you can be sure of is...
The Dragon comes... In the NIIIiiiiIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiIIGGH H--

(Frightful Majesty!) Attack Rolls: (vs. Will)
Slayer: [roll0]
Angus: [roll1]
Slayer's Mount: [roll2]
Angus's Mount: [roll3]
Mistake: [roll4]
Urth: [roll5]
Mistake: [roll6]
Donaar: [roll7]
Victor: [roll8]
Hit: Stunned until Tiamat's Green Head activates again! (Slayer's mount is completely terrified of the Goddess. Not that it could physically do anything but run from her, anyway...)

Then the Blue head activates, and her dreadful breath flows from her mouth, covering almost the entire area in an impressive display of pure chromatic pain.

Damage: [roll9] acid/cold/fire/lightning/poison damage, 25 ongoing acid/fire/poison and slow (save ends both). Aftereffect (comes into play after you make the save for the ongoing damage and initial slow): Slow. (save ends)
Attack rolls: vs Reflex
Slayer: [roll10]
Angus: [roll11]
Slayer's Mount: [roll12]
Angus's Mount: [roll13]
Mistake: [roll14]
Urth: [roll15]
Mistake: [roll16]
Donaar: [roll17]
Victor: [roll18]

Following the burst of chromatic breath, Tiamat's Red and Black heads fill Slayer's and Angus's lungs... and their mounts... with fire and acid.
Fire Breath: Attack vs. Reflex
Slayer: [roll19]
Angus: [roll20]
Slayer's Mount: [roll21]
Angus's Mount: [roll22]
Damage: [roll23], Miss: Half

Acid Breath: Attack vs. Reflex
Slayer: [roll24]
Angus: [roll25]
Slayer's Mount: [roll26]
Angus's Mount: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28], ongoing 30 acid, -4 penalty to AC (save ends both)

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Fathi's turn! Make your saving throw! (and 20 fire damage)

Map:
http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-13.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 11:16 AM
Gah! Deleted too many of the attacks!
I meant to delete the Frightful Majesty attacks on Arko and Korvis, but deleted their Chromatic Breath attacks, too!

Chromatic breath Attack rolls: vs Reflex, effects and damage are as in above post.
Arko: [roll0]
Korvis: [roll1] <-- take 80 A/C/F/L/P damage instead of 44.
Fiar'le'in: [roll2]

Belobog
2008-12-19, 01:50 PM
[Hoo boy. Here we go. Fingers crossed.

[roll0]

Just in case...Do I spend the turn recovering if I make it?]

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 02:07 PM
It states in the rules that you merely don't get worse if you succeed on a not-20 death saving throw...

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

And that brings us back to Arko... or Fiar'le'in, if he finally wants to drop out of delay...

Map:
http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-13.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

frogman55
2008-12-19, 06:45 PM
Seeing the Dragon god advance, Arko moves full tilt in the opposite direction, sending a powerful arrow as he goes.

Move: Run 14 squares west and north. (Arko can run without penalty to ranged attacks)

Dex vs Fort. 4[W]+Dex mod damage, ongoing 20 damage. Miss: Half damage and ongoing 10 damage. (Save ends ongoing damage)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Woot! I got a crit! Hang on...

frogman55
2008-12-19, 06:47 PM
I also forgot quarry damage:

74 damage +
[roll0] +
[roll1]
+ 6

139 damage + 10 ongoing damage (Assuming she fails the immediate save)

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 06:54 PM
Tiamat recoils at the devastating shot... but you shoot a goddess like that, and she only gets angry...

[roll0]

...and her wounds heal quickly, denying any chance of ongoing damage from the shot.

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20
Fiar'le'in|delay

Urth's turn...

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-14.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Total damage dealt to Tiamat so far: 207

NecroRebel
2008-12-19, 07:33 PM
[Urth is stunned from Tiamat's Frightful Majesty, and thus incapable of taking any actions.]

Current Status:
HP: 209/209 Surges: 15/16 Surge Value: 62
Reach 4
Resist 5 all
Makes Opportunity Attacks anywhere within reach

Jokes
2008-12-19, 08:18 PM
[If you are taking ongoing damage from Chromatic Breath, you should be able to make a save]

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 09:03 PM
[If you are taking ongoing damage from Chromatic Breath, you should be able to make a save]

And with a Reflex of 35, you should have been hit by her Chromatic Breath: Its attack against you was 40. After calculating in your resistances, you took 39 damage and continue to take 20 ongoing damage. You should be at 150 HP.

stupnick
2008-12-19, 09:04 PM
Fiar'le'in

Finally acting as the dragon has come close enough, the drow moves in towards the beast, marks it, and moves back away

Move action SE 9
Minor action Activate Cowl for 2 free standard actions
standard 1 move SE 4
Standard 2 Deicidal Eye

Daily ✦ Martial
Minor Action Close burst 10
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: Your attacks ignore any resistance or
immunity possessed by the target, and the target gains vulnerable 5 to your attacks. This effect lasts until you are reduced to 0 hit points or until you use the power on a new target.
Special: Increase the vulnerability by 5 if the target is higher level than you or if the target is a solo monster. Increase the vulnerability by 10 if the target is both.

Standard 3 Move w to be 5 squares directly below the blue square

Mando Knight
2008-12-19, 09:26 PM
Move action SE 9
Minor action Activate Cowl for 2 free standard actions
standard 1 move SE 4
Standard 2 Deicidal Eye

Daily ✦ Martial
Minor Action Close burst 10
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: Your attacks ignore any resistance or
immunity possessed by the target, and the target gains vulnerable 5 to your attacks. This effect lasts until you are reduced to 0 hit points or until you use the power on a new target.
Special: Increase the vulnerability by 5 if the target is higher level than you or if the target is a solo monster. Increase the vulnerability by 10 if the target is both.

Standard 3 Move w to be 5 squares directly below the blue square

A blue hedgehog runs onto the map, runs in place (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WheelOFeet), and yells out "You're too slo-ow!", then runs away.

...Try again. You've been slowed by Tiamat's Chromatic Breath. You can only move 2 squares at a time. Unless you use your Godhunter daily ability to ignore her attack.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-19, 10:10 PM
(Ouuuch)

Korvis - Wizard
HP: 111/153 Surges: 8
Immune: Resistance: 10 to all.
Status Effects: Blur (+2 defenses and invisible) 8 Fly speed

Not wanting to waste a spell before his allies bolster his prowess, Korvis flys as fast as he can to the side and uses his power over the human body to heal some of the burns the beasts horrid breath caused. Open gashes sizzle and steam, closing up. But he remains injured. (ooc: roleplaying second wind with your paragon class is fun!)

Minor: Sustain Mass Fly.
Move: Moves 2 squares (hate slowing...) to the east.
Standard: Second Wind.

Waiting for Stir the Hornets nest...

Edit: Forgot to save vs. breath: 1d20+1 (human) guess you cant roll on edits. incoming below.

Another edit: Factored in the ongoing damage.
Edit: again. Just realized there is a slowing effect. Changing up action now.

NecroRebel
2008-12-19, 10:17 PM
And with a Reflex of 35, you should have been hit by her Chromatic Breath: Its attack against you was 40. After calculating in your resistances, you took 39 damage and continue to take 20 ongoing damage. You should be at 150 HP.

[You are correct. I apparently failed a spot check for seeing if I was getting attacked by anything :smallredface:]

[roll0] (It's got the Poison keyword, and Dwarves get +5 racial saving throws vs. poison)
Actual Current Status:
HP: 150/209 Surges: 15/16 Surge Value: 62
Reach 4
Resist 5 all
Makes Opportunity Attacks anywhere within reach
Taking 25 ongoing acid/cold/fire/lightning/poison damage if failed save

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-19, 10:42 PM
Ongoing damage save: [roll0] (human)

stupnick
2008-12-20, 12:22 AM
yes i will use that ability to negate her effect.

Mando Knight
2008-12-20, 08:52 PM
For closing in to mark Tiamat with Deicidal Eye, Fiar'le'in takes damage from Tiamat's raging elemental aura.

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Fiar'le'in|48.5
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

Donaar's Turn

Map:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/TiamatMap-15.jpg
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Total damage dealt to Tiamat so far: 207[/QUOTE]

bue52
2008-12-22, 11:56 AM
Standard Action: Casts Enthrall
Hit:[roll0]
Damage if hits [roll1]

Move Action: Move back 9 steps back after firing my attack.

OOC: Sorry for not posting, was away and had no access to the internet.

Mando Knight
2008-12-22, 01:41 PM
Did you realize that you've been assaulted by Tiamat's powers, and are theoretically stunned, slowed, and taking ongoing damage? Check page 2.

bue52
2008-12-22, 11:42 PM
Oops, missed the spoiler screens, so that means..... I can only make my saving throw right, well, here goes.

[roll0]

Current HP:121/190

Mando Knight
2008-12-23, 12:14 PM
This brings us back to Tiamat. Since the blue head is activating first, here's the roll for Chromatic Breath Recharge:
[roll0]

For those who succeeded in their first save against the breath, remember that her aftereffect forces you to remain slowed until you successfully make another save.

Tiamat's actions will be in the next post.

Mando Knight
2008-12-23, 12:24 PM
Aww... no recharge! She's not moving, so the map doesn't need an update...

The blue head lashes out with a bolt of chain lightning, striking Victor, then arcing back to Donaar and Angus.

Attack Rolls: (vs. Reflex)
Victor: [roll0] (1d20 + 39 + combat advantage)
Donaar: [roll1]
Angus: [roll2]

Damage Roll: [roll3] lightning, and poison resistance is negated. (save ends)

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Fiar'le'in|48.5
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

Victor! Make your saves!

Map:
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Nahal
2008-12-23, 03:37 PM
Victor

Paladin HP: 171/212 (I think, do I take ongoing damage before or after my save?)
Total damage taken (before resistance and regen): 44
Paladin Status: Stunned, slowed, slightly on fire/chilled/irritated/queasy/electrified

Saves: Vs Chromatic Breath: [roll0]
Vs Frightful Majesty: [roll1]

Gralamin
2008-12-23, 05:09 PM
((Just going to be gone for the next few days, so posting this now))
Slayer
HP 130/260 Regen 15 while bloodied surges: 19
Mount HP 156/186
Resist 10 Necrotic, 15 Fire, 10 cold, 10 to all attacks of Dragons
((Assuming Ongoing damage is 30 and not 55 in total, see OOC post.))

Slayer sits their stunned, damage and Bloodied, though his regenerative potion is fixing that.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Edit: The Dice. They Hate me.

Mando Knight
2008-12-23, 05:28 PM
(I think, do I take ongoing damage before or after my save?)
Total damage taken (before resistance and regen): 44
Paladin Status: Stunned, slowed, slightly on fire/chilled/irritated/queasy/electrified

Vs Frightful Majesty:

Take all ongoing damage at the beginning of your turn, and saves are made at the end of your turn.

Unfortunately for your nat. 20, you can't save against Frightful Majesty for another turn yet. However, I will apply the nat 20 towards the save for any lost poison resistance... or you can save it for your next turn to save against the Majesty's aftereffect.

What with tomorrow and the next two days after that being Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Boxing Day, I'm going to relax time restrictions on immediate and opportunity actions: the 36-hour window won't apply, but please post promptly to prevent too much slow-down, and double-check posts to ensure you apply all bonuses, penalties, and damage.

For all Ongoing Damage, apply resistances/vulnerabilities (you don't have any vulnerabilities, right?) to each source. Thus, if you have Ongoing 25 from one source and Ongoing 30 from another, and Resist 10 to both, you have a total Ongoing 35. ((25-10)+(30-10)=15+20=35)

...Angus's turn!

Jokes
2008-12-23, 07:27 PM
Init +21 HP 58/187 Bloodied 93 Healing Surge 46 (0 used /9)
AC 40 Fort 41 Reflex 39 Will 33 Speed 7

Ouch, knocking out my poison resist hurt :smallfrown:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Mando Knight
2008-12-23, 09:36 PM
Tiamat: [laughs]

The black head spews out a blinding burst of deadly acidic ooze at Angus and Slayer.

Attack Rolls (vs. Reflex):
Angus: [roll0]
Angus's Mount: [roll1]
Slayer: [roll2]
Slayer's Mount: [roll3]

Damage Roll: [roll4] acid damage and blind. Miss: Half damage, no blinding

Mando Knight
2008-12-23, 09:47 PM
The red head follows up with a quick bite at Slayer, and as it pulls away, the white head gathers together a blast of freezing death... and the green head sprays a deadly burst of poisonous mist.

Red Bite: (vs. AC... remember your -4 penalty)
Attack on Slayer: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire damage, lose [roll2] healing surges

White Breath (vs. Reflex)
Angus: [roll3]
Angus's Mount: [roll4]
Slayer: [roll5]
Slayer's Mount: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7] cold damage, -2 penalty to attacks until the end of White's next activation.

Green Breath (vs. Fortitude) (and why she negated poison resist...)
Angus: [roll8]
Angus's Mount: [roll9]
Slayer: [roll10] <--Oops. Epic Fail!
Slayer's Mount: [roll11]
Hit: [roll12] poison damage, ongoing 20 poison, slow (save ends both ongoing and slow); Aftereffect: Slow (save ends)

Name|Init
Fathi (unconscious)|76
Arko|50
Urth|49
Fiar'le'in|48.5
Korvis|48
Donaar|47
Tiamat|40
Victor|39
Slayer|37
Angus|36
Tiamat|35
Tiamat|30
Tiamat|25
Tiamat|20

Fathi! Make your saves!

Map:
KEY:
{table=head]Object|color
Victor|Blue-grey
Slayer|Brown
Angus|Cyan/light blue
Donaar|Blue
Korvis|Green
Urth|Dark Red
Arko|Red
Fiar'le'in|Purple
Fathi|Grey

Those of you who were stunned by Tiamat's power last turn: you take a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends), but are no longer stunned.

Jokes
2008-12-23, 11:19 PM
Angus' body turns into fine ash. His mount is thoroughly confused.

[Died... already... Using Ring of the Phoenix, so I'm out until the start of my next turn. I'm gonna recommend anyone who wants LtA to get into my range quick. I'll probably spend this next round healing, but if things look really bad, I'll forgo and just try to use stir the hornets nest or LtA.

At least she's used all her breath attacks... Just have to watch out for Chromatic Breath recharging and some of those nastier heads]

frogman55
2009-01-12, 07:23 PM
Whispering, "Tiamat", Arko carefully fires an arrow towards the great dragon god.

Actions:

Named Arrow:Effect: If you speak the target’s name when you use this power, you designate the target as your quarry and take no penalties to the attack roll for cover, superior cover, concealment, or total concealment.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Will
Hit: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is dazed (save ends). If you spoke the target’s name, instead of being dazed, the target is stunned (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is dazed until the end of its next turn. If you spoke the target’s name, instead of being dazed, the target is stunned until the end of its next turn.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If I stun and daze it, does that mean that the next two heads lose their turns (Assuming they fail their save)?

Note: Using Elven accuracy if this misses:
[roll3]
If both miss, using Curve the Shot
[roll4]

results:
Looks like all three miss, so half damage + Quarry damage = 41 damage, and Tiamat is stunned until the end of my next turn. (or loses the attack. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2009-01-12, 08:02 PM
Thanks for reviving the thread...
Here's Fathi's save... I think he's still alive.
[roll0]

...And here's Tiamat's save to resist the Stun, thanks to her Divine powers...
[roll1] No stun.

Urth's initiative, Map remains unchanged.

Damage dealt so far: 248.

frogman55
2009-01-12, 08:21 PM
Also, I want to get a few upcoming interrupts out of the way:

Next time Tiamat attacks an ally:
Arrow of vengeance: Immediate. Trigger: A creature within range attacks your ally. Target the attacking creature. Dex+Wis vs Ac 2[W]+Dex mod damage

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tiamat hits Arko or an ally with a ranged attack:
Shaft Splitter:Immediate Interrupt: An enemy hits you or an ally w/in 5 squares of you with a ranged attack. Dex vs Reflex. 2[W]+Dex mod damage. Target takes a -5 penalty to the triggering attack roll.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Lightning shot will be saved for Tiamat getting bloodied.

bue52
2009-01-22, 06:24 AM
So..... is this thread dead?

Ooops sorry thought this was the OOC thread.