PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of Loki fanclub

tribble
2008-12-01, 02:00 PM
heh, never thought i'd make one of these. anyway, who else thinks the Cleric of loki is THE most badass character yet to be introduced?

"Maybe we ought to call you..."Brainy Pete""

T-O-E
2008-12-01, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I like his wit but I don't think there's a point in starting a fan-club for him. He probably won't appear again.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-01, 02:17 PM
He probably won't appear again.

Neither will a lot of characters with their own fan clubs. I say to the OP: Go for it! But...MOST badass? That was a great line (better than Belkar's long-winded "teach a man..." punchline), but the title of Most Badass has some pretty intense competition.

Isolder74
2008-12-01, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I like his wit but I don't think there's a point in starting a fan-club for him. He probably won't appear again.

We have a Fan Club for a Guy who was standing on the wall during the Battle for Azure City. I don't see any Problems with the concept of a Unnamed Cleric of Loki Fan Club.

Manoftyr
2008-12-01, 02:45 PM
Sign me up, the Cleric of Loki has become my absolute favorite secondary character as of Comic 612.

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-01, 02:45 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Kwarkpudding/CoLSmiley-2.png

Because every fanclub needs a smiley :smalltongue:

It's not as good as some smilies, but at least the Nameless Cleric of Loki has one now.

B.I.T.T.
2008-12-01, 05:16 PM
Ehhh....I wouldn't necessarily call him badass. I mean for the most part he's reminded me of the guy who says "Game over, man. Game over." in Aliens. He's got an okay line in #612, but who knows if the plot will ever require him again?

Querzis
2008-12-01, 05:24 PM
I really like him and his personnality. I woudnt really call him badass but hes very likeable thats for sure. I hope we see him again but even if we dont, I'm happy to see a cool secondary character who dont leave in a bodybag.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-01, 05:28 PM
Ehhh....I wouldn't necessarily call him badass. I mean for the most part he's reminded me of the guy who says "Game over, man. Game over." in Aliens. He's got an okay line in #612, but who knows if the plot will ever require him again?

That's it! Private Hudson, Cleric of Loki! Of course, Hudson is more arrogant, and dies. So who's the rest of the cast? Haley is Ripley, of course. I guess Belkar could fill the role of Hicks, though Hicks is much nicer. Maybe Celia as Newt?

EDIT: Oh, and O-Chul is the most badass character in OotS. No question.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-01, 05:48 PM
Don't sign me up, though the Cleric of Loki has become my absolute favorite secondary character as of Comic 612.

Sorry.

Thant
2008-12-01, 05:50 PM
There is already a Nameless Cleric of Loki Fanclub, my sig being a proof.

[TS] Shadow
2008-12-01, 09:03 PM
The CoL did have a plot point: resurecting Roy, and now he's gone. What to do?

But I like him! I wanna join!

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-12-01, 09:37 PM
Hey, count me in. I still say he needs a name though.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-01, 09:39 PM
I remember someone suggested "Nacle," for NAmeless CLEric.
I personally don't like it...I'd go with something like Jimmy or Eddie.

The Minx
2008-12-01, 09:41 PM
I remember someone suggested "Nacle," for NAmeless CLEric.
I personally don't like it...I'd go with something like Jimmy or Eddie.

Someone called him "Cole", as in Cleric of Loki (+e)

Optimystik
2008-12-02, 12:30 AM
Someone called him "Cole", as in Cleric of Loki (+e)

I like that!

And for those people saying he's useless... doesn't Cole still have that scroll of resurrect handy? If Haley doesn't stabilize, he may have a reason to use it...

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-02, 12:36 AM
Cole still has to use the scroll to resurrect Roy before he leaves town...and get his payment from Haley (it takes money to start a new life).

At any rate, somebody's getting resurrected by Cole...in fact,
(Baseless and Pessimistic Speculation)
Celia might get killed and Cole tries to raise her. It doesn't work, and he still loses the 12,000 or so GP scroll.

Optimystik
2008-12-02, 12:47 AM
Cole still has to use the scroll to resurrect Roy before he leaves town...and get his payment from Haley (it takes money to start a new life).

Belkar's newfound badassery aside, I'm not sure he and Celia will be enough to take on a miniature army of flesh golems, even if they somehow manage to both get Haley back to fighting shape AND convince Cole to assist in disempowering and recovering Roy's body. I don't think Roy will be coming back until Durkon and Elan arrive to assist.

That said, Cole has certainly earned his fee many times over, and is likely to garner even more gratitude if he's forced to burn his scroll on Haley.