PDA

View Full Version : CYOA Fire-Temple

painintheear
2008-12-01, 07:00 PM
The central pit of the druidic temple of fire burned in godly delight. Facing each other, two separate square rooms with sides of 10 feet each, conjoined by a 5 foot passage (only 3 feet in width) held two deadly opponents waiting for battle! Each gladiator stood at the center of the opposite rooms, staring at the other - it was a battle to the death, either from the traps or their vile opponents.

Tempest Fennac
Move 1: Beginning

Will you...
A) Stay put and stare at your opponent?
B) Charge the entry-way?
C) Search for traps in a careful manner?
D) Duck out of your opponent's view?

Fan
2008-12-01, 07:25 PM
Wait am I involved at all?
I dont see my name here. >.>

painintheear
2008-12-01, 07:58 PM
see below!

Kuma Da
2008-12-01, 07:58 PM
Is it Fanboy and I that are fighting?

painintheear
2008-12-01, 07:59 PM
The other thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98261

Flame of Anor
2008-12-01, 10:17 PM
This is the thread where I fight Tempest Fennac. It's his turn.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-02, 02:14 AM
I will duck out of sight of my opponant. (D.)

painintheear
2008-12-06, 08:31 PM
The were-man rolls out of view, the action is followed by an odd noise...

Move 1: Reply
MountJoy
Your opponent apparently did something very odd, for a strange sound is starting to fill the arena - what will you do?
A) Charge while he may be down.
B) Slowly walk towards the corridor that connects the two rooms of the temple.
C) Scout for traps.
D) Wait and hope that your opponent incites his own death.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-07, 01:53 PM
I will (C) scout for traps. But I will keep an eye out towards the door, in case my opponent comes through.

(Tempest, thanks for letting me know this was back up.)

painintheear
2008-12-09, 02:02 AM
Mountjoy becomes aware of some trap locations.

Tempest Fennac
Turn 2: It's a trap!!

After moving so fast, it appears you've stumbled over a trap. Looking back you see the back of a small skull where you were just seconds ago, what do you do?

A) Run away, terrified, but at the risk of setting off more traps (22%)

B) Inspect the skull.

C) Sit still and watch the skull.

D) Kick the skull towards the hallway that connects the room you are in with the one Mountjoy is in, in hopes it might do something to him. (You feel this plan might have an ominous backfiring effect to it; roll a d100 for a 20% chance of backfire for this plan.)

E) Ignore the skull and approach Mountjoy.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-09, 02:36 AM
I'll pick B if I can do it from a few feet away (my character isn't wearing any kind of foot protection, so kicking it wouldn't be a good idea).

painintheear
2008-12-09, 03:26 AM
By inspect I mean walk around it and look at it. Will you still go ahead?

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-09, 03:33 AM
Could I stay where I am while looking for other traps instead please?

painintheear
2008-12-09, 03:37 AM
Can I be a jerk right now? I was kinda going on that lowered intelligence thing we discussed earlier. This whole skull thing distracted you and you either have to interact with it or go for the enemy... so, yeah - you have 5 options, but (really sorry!) that just won't be one of them right now, maybe when things calm down ;)

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-09, 03:39 AM
That's fine (I wasn;t sure if my idea would be something an unintelligent person would think of or not). I'll pick option C.

painintheear
2008-12-12, 03:07 AM
Time for the effects of the coolest trap ever! I'll edit to tell you what this means shortly!

[roll0]
[roll1]

and just in case:
[roll2]
[roll3]

The were-beast stares at the skull, and slowly it shakes around... finally it's shiny green emeralds, acting as eyes, stare into the terrified eyes of the creature. The skull's jaw opens and an un-human tongue spits forth the word, "sermon."

MountJoy
Turn 2: Investigation & Instigation

With the beast under the effects of a trap (?) it might be the right time to attack, but of course you might want to investigate what exactly the trap did first...

Do you -

A) Wait for the beast to enter your room, where you know the locations of (most of) the traps and have an upper-hand.

B) Put the enemy en garde while potentially trapped.

C) Investigate the skull better yourself.

D) Taunt the enemy: "Pray to me, mortal!"

Flame of Anor
2008-12-15, 01:40 AM
I'm not quite clear on what B) means, but I think it's what I want to do. If it means that I advance on a trap-cautious offensive, taking advantage of the fact that my opponent seems to be trapped himself, then yes.

painintheear
2008-12-16, 03:46 AM
'en garde' is sort of the stereotypical fencer term for fighting - sorta thought your character was the fencing type - right? So, yeah, put your sword into the fighting position and get near the enemy... sound good still?

Flame of Anor
2008-12-16, 09:07 PM
Yes, sounds good. And (nitpick) "en garde" doesn't quite mean "fighting", it's the thing you say to tell your opponent that you're about to start fighting. It's like "Defend yourself!"