PDA

View Full Version : [Tavern] Ilover's Fortnight

Ilover_Juventad
2006-02-13, 06:09 AM
Ilover's Fortnight

(-Description-):

The maginifcent and tall building seems quite in place in the wealthy merchant's quarter. Just outside the fine and well polished oak door reads the sign 'Ilover's Fortnight', the letters made of shiny silver as it lies on its chiseled black obsidian slab that serves as the sign itself. As you open the door, the smell of cooked foreign meat comes upon your nostrils. It seemingly invites you in as you decide to enter. After taking your first step, you notice that the floor has been made of expensive yet sturdy mahogany, shining greatly as if polished for every second of its existence. Beneath your feet lies an elegant red carpet which seems to made of exotic silk. Beside you, two healthy potted plants stand tall as if they were guards, their expensive containers a bright jade. Place before the plants however, are small fountains that spout out clean, purified water. Beside the door stands a tall man with a clean, shaven face and dark hair. He is dressed in a black suit, and on his leather belt lies a sheathed rapier. His expression is unclear, but he seems approachable and polite enough. He stands up and gives you a formal bow with a flourish. "Welcome to Ilover's Fortnight, my lord. I hope you will enjoy yourself. I am Jose, and should you have any questions, please bring them up with me. Thank you, and enjoy your stay." He then gives a polite smile and motions to one of the chairs in the inn. Going in further, you see that the inn has elegant oaken chairs and tables, showing that the craftsman had much love as he made the furniture. The white ceiling supports a bright, lit chandelier that is positioned above the center of the room. Two other chandeliers are in the room, but none are as noticeable as the first one at the center. The room itself is very well lit, the darkest corners having the least bit of light in them. There are several men and women in the inn, all of them wearing finery and expensive clothing only worn by the wealthy. Ladies flutter their fans, gossiping amongst themselves while the men speak to each other about the conditions of taxes, royalty, trades and such. You seem to have been so taken in by the surroundings, however, that you have failed to hear the soft and relaxing music of lutes, harps and flutes in the inn. You turn to look at the center, just near the bright chandelier, on the platform, and you see that a group of men and women in robes and artisan's clothing are playing aforementioned instruments with grace and beauty. A few nobles are applauding politely as they end their piece and begin to play a different one. A few well dressed women holding trays then approach them, handing them bottled refreshments and glasses with grace and formality. You go in some more, past the carpet and fountains and seat yourself on the chair that Jose motioned to. You look to your side and see a bar of the same refined material as the rest of the inn. There is a man dressed in an expensive robe standing there, his hands clasped behind his back. He has fair skin and clean-cut black hair, and he sports a goatee. Before him are some chairs which seem far more sturdier than they look. Behind him stands a shelf full of expensive bottles, wines and other assortments of refreshment. He clasps his hands and gives you a short and formal bow. Just near him is a table of seven people, all of the people wearing black suits save one, who wears a fine and elegant navy suit. He seems to be in his mid fifties, has a clean shaven face, the dark skin of foreigners and a rapier with a fine black sheath on his waist. He chuckles with the others as one of the men tells a short joke. You stand up and decide to approach the bartender to learn more...

(-History-):

Ilover's Fortnight was founded by a foreign young traveler named Ilover Juventad Ventana (Rogue 4/Aristocrat 6) who was a noble before he left. He had an inheritance so large that I will not mention it here. At first, he tried to find ways to get a respectable employment as a official in the city of Whiteknoll, a royal city known for its housing a manor for the King, just beneath the Whiteknoll Mountainside. He, however, failed. So, he bought a house there, maybe a small palace and decided to just waste his time away as long as he had his fortune. This behavior continued for about an unproductive year until a distinguished visit. The visitors themselves were actually there for a reason than just carousing with the young lord Ilover...they were there indeed...to kill him. Turns out his father was so wealthy that the infamous Fuego Muerta Assassin guild decided to stalk him down due to an unpaid debt by another less wealthy lord. Since his father died of a mysterious illness just a few weeks ago, two days before the message even got to Ilover yet, the assassins had already set their mind into coercing his eldest son, Ilover. Ilover almost died of shock, but luckily, a few friendly guards who went by every month to have some of Ilover's cooking and a few close friends had caught the assassins trying to kill the young lord. Caught, they fled under pain of death. Ilover was unhurt, and had learned two days later about his father's death. He HAD to spend this fortune very soon, or those hired killers would be back. Since he had learned how to cook and brew well, Ilover decided to set up a small place where people could dine in peace. Well, not so small. But anyways, he had been brewing and cooking what it served personally and thanks to the help of many famous cooks who had served him in his idle year, his inn was a success. Connosieurs, travelers and gastronomers alike had come to his tavern, and he decided to freshen up a bit. He was going to be famous for this. He relocated the inn to the noble and merchant's quarter, where it was an even bigger success. People who slept or visited there only said praises of it. Even the King had once visited his inn, and had been holding special feasts there if his palace was not available ever since. Now, as one of the best inns in the region, Ilover's Fortnight, wherein you'll stay for an addicting fortnight, had become a big success. Popular with nobles, merchants and even traveling folks, one would not be left unsatisfied here. However, there are those who still wish to gain what Ilover had...and just one of these days...they might come back.

(-Signature Item-):

Ilover's Fortnight serves a special type of meat which is prized and very expensive, which hails from the lands of Ilover's heritage. It is extremely hard to acquire unless one would come from that area, as some (well, maybe most) die just getting the ingredients. It is a meat made of Baca, or a large bull that lives in the mountains of Yspada, where Ilover comes from. It is deadly and can gore the most stubborn dwarf, and thus it requires special handling. Luckily, the Baca are friendly with the Yspadan people, and Ilover himself has ridden the large oxlike beast more than once. Baca meat is very delicious and can easily be served as one would with normal cow. It does not spoil when cooked, and some say it even lengthens one's life. It costs about 5,000 gold pieces for 50 kg of this meat.

(-Gather Information and Knowledge-):

Gather Information:

1-5: Haha, that one? It's located in the merchant's quarter. It's a fancy one too, so mind your manners.
6-12: It's an inn in the merchant's quarter, and it's popular with the nobles. It's quite tall, and is one of the most extravagant buildings in the area. Good service.
13-17: It's called Ilover's Fortnight, and it's located in the merchant's quarter. It's owned by a rich noble from Yspada, and it sells a few special things from there too. Excellent service, and is popular in the city.
18-25: Ilover's Fortnight, you mean? Well, it's located in the merchant's quarter, and if you're going to have a fancy affair, it's the place to go. It sells rare meat, and the owner, Ilover, is from Yspada. Want some foreign delights and a relaxing evening? Go there.

Knowledge Local DC: 8

(-Miscallaneous-)

Adventurers could go to the fine inn for various reasons as stated before. It has marvelous service, is a good place to stay in and Ilover is a good old man who doesn't have prejudices and would talk to anyone, be it a beggar or the King's advisor. They could be there to talk to a noble who is a suspect or witness to a crime. They could be there to have diplomatic discussions with the Lord of Whiteknoll or the King. Of course, they could be there hired by the Fuego Muerta Assassin guild come to kill Ilover. They could also be visitors from Yspada come to see how their countrymen are prospering. They could even be there just to buy some Baca meat for a butcher from another town or the old physician who wants to cure his sometimes older patients. There are MANY things that one would be in the Ilover's Fortnight for. Important people like the King's Advisor or a renowned General might be there, and if you want an important mission or quest, it is definitely a place to visit, as all the high and mighty seem to gather there. It is certainly a place of excitement and possibilities. You can even change the city name or ANY of the names here, but the Ilover's Fortnight inn could fit in many diverse campaigns.

Ilover's Stats

Ilover is in his mid-fifties and looks quite young. He carries a rapier with him at all times, but doesn't seem to use it. Much. He often wears a blue or black suit and has a lean physique.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3825/iloverioni0ui.gif

Rogue 6/Aristocrat 9

STR 12
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 17
WIS 14
CHA 16

Jose de la Trinidad

Fighter 6/Rogue 4

STR 14
DEX 18
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 12

Senor Diego

Expert 4/Fighter 2

STR 14
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 14

Fuego Muerta Generic Assassin

Rogue 3

STR 12
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 8

WHEW! That was LONG! Any comments/criticisms/banter/taunts/foolishness/chicken fodder/gungan speech/saber duels/controversies and insults, put 'em here please. Me thanks.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-13, 12:59 PM
Woot, you Go ilover, though i now see that your "posting Scedual" is doing this, but WOOT!

Quincunx
2006-03-11, 08:32 AM
I passed this entry over once or twice because of the length of the first two paragraphs. That was a mistake--I had been missing out on an elegant setting and one of the few suitable for a high-society or diplomatic campaign, or hosting any non-audience gathering indoors. (Suitable for 7th Sea?) Feel foolish to ask the question, but I don't know Spanish very well, and suspect I'm saying the name wrong in my head...how do you pronounce Ilover?

Ilover_Juventad
2006-03-11, 10:34 PM
Ee-low-vair. :) Heh, yeah, it's quite long 'cause I tend to ramble.

-IJ

InaVegt
2006-03-13, 12:07 PM
Oh, i thought it was I-lover and not based of a real name at all, my mistake

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-03-13, 04:00 PM
Very posh place, this, and I like the idea of a place for diplomatic negotiations.

passed this entry over once or twice because of the length of the first two paragraphs.
Why would you pass over an entry merely because its lengthy?